Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I disagree. Without including the sales tax amount or percentage for their state, other people in this forum will not know what the base price they should be comparing to their offer. I live in MD and the tax rate is 6%. If I just post my OTD price and do not list the tax rate, someone in a state with 3% sales tax or DE with 0% sales tax should be able to do that much better.
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 3,191
    edited January 2013
    13 as
    This posting is how you should post your purchase. Good job
    The Most important info to other forum readers are

Dealership Name and State you purchased or looking into.. Why people dont include this drives me crazy..

1- Your Sale price paid for car with Dest charge included or listed below separate.
    2_ Any options on vehicle. And what you paid?
    3- Any rebates/ Incentives you recieved.
    4- Out the door price should Include.. Doc fee's, Dmv, Your States Sales tax, and % rate.

Most people have no clue to what other states tax rates are so please post your tax rate. WE are not Mind Readers.

Brian

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• I had to drive an hour to Beaumont,TX at Mike Smih Honda.

Price paid OTD $24,500 financed at 2.2% for 60 months. Includes splash guards, wheel locks, trunk cargo liner, floor mats.

car $22,750
    doc fee $120
    TTL (8.25% sales tax)
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,813
    In other words...just do it the way we've always done it! End of story!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2015 Audi A3 (wife)/2015 Golf SE (me)/2009 Nissan Versa SL Hatch (daughter #1)/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS (daughter #2)

• wlfinancialwlfinancial Posts: 6
    edited January 2013
    That's a great price. The MSRP for the Accord Sport is $24,980, if you paid $20,131.68 + 790 destination charge, you got more than 16% discount. This is the highest discount I have seen for the 2013 Accord. Congratulations!
    Lol... It will never happen... Do you see some of the postings thru out these threads.. These dealers are having a field day with some of these posters money..

• He said it was the automatic. It is actually 16.25% discount from the MSRP. can anyone tell me if you have seen a higher discount than 16.25% for a 2013 Accord?

This is a good reference for people looking to buy a new Accord.
    just deleted my post misread his posting.

edited January 2013
    I was just looking at 13as.. posting.. your deal was 2000 below dealers Invoice. Did you buy the ONE that was missing a door. LOL... Your price is pretty much out of the realm of any pricing. Why/ how did you get such a low price. Did you offer your first born or something...

I have 4 deals with local dealers in this area I'm working on... including Autosport of N.J for about $900 to 1300 below dealers Invoice. All these dealers wont remove there doc fee's so basically i'm buying the Accord EXL v6 for 1k below dealers invoice unless i buy out of state like Weymouth. honda etc.. I should be able to make my best deal the last day of Jan..

Unless i could give the dealer my first born who is now 30 Lol..

Brian

• I think including ONLY the OTD price in posts DOES NOT help people except for those in your state (and lot of times people don't even mention the state). In a lot of cases, people come here to find deals that are a few hundred bucks cheaper. Differences in state taxes are easily more than that. Therefore, it is impossible to tell if a deal is good or not. To me the price to compare is the price before TTL (Tax, Title and License). TTL is something the state slaps on car purchases. Dealers cannot change it. If you don't like the TTL, you just have to move.
    edited January 2013
    Sale price of car and doc fee's is really all you need to determine good deals. This is a on going problem in these forums. If you stick around long enough you will get good information and buying tips..Your States taxes and DMV fee's will be priced accordingly. Most dealers do make a few bucks on registering your car. The big problem today with dealers is very high Doc fee's. Alot of people today are more informed with the internet and pricing. So dealers have found another way to recoup some of that money back. Another thing some dealers are doing is telling buyers they wont sell you a vehicle by phone or online you have to come into the dealership. That is a no-no-. do not fall for that... Unless you want to spend about 6 hours in that dealership and watching the salesman play games and make like a yo- yo,, back and forth to his manager.. Then giving you a half [non-permissible content removed] price after all that wasted time..... I always like to keep my negotiations separate from my visit to certain dealerships to check out cars i like . Then making my deal with the dealerships manager the last day of that month. This is how you get the best deal possible.. You always try to make yor best deal with the person who can say yes to your price.. The Manager. The Salesman is for car info and test drives..

• coches1coches1 Posts: 104
    The California DMV website has a fee schedule to determine the
    amount for a new car purchased in the zip code of the potential buyer.

Car dealers in CA have a $29.00 "electronic filing fee" that
    is not a DMV fee. It is just another deceptive sales technique
    used to add additional profits to the car dealer. They are quick
    to remove it upon request.

thanks
  • Hey Brian,

I think I did pretty well, what do you think...purchased New Year's Eve

I wound up at Anderson Honda in MD. $21,821 OTD with the following options: accent stripe, fender well trim & door edge guards, spash guards and wheel locks. Here I the cost breakdown:

Sale Price: 20330 (including destination)
    Dealer Processing: $0
    MD Tax (6%): 1219
    Title: $100
    Lien Filing: $20
    Electronic Title: $20
    Tire Recycling: 4
    OTD: $21821

Financed through my Credit Union at 1.99%
  • coches1coches1 Posts: 104
    Thank you for the good COST BREAKDOWN:

This helps make it easier to compare exact prices. We
    are in California and can compare the sales price less MD fees.

thanks

:)
    great job... Enjoy your new accord.

brian

• The MSRP for the 2013 Accord LX automatic is $23,270. If you paid $20,330, you got a discount of 12.6% from the MSRP. This is a good price and very good reference for people looking to buy a new Accord.

Thank you,
  • somanssomans Posts: 10
    I am in the market in New Jersey for a Accord LX automatic. Can anyone share their experience and how much they paid (OTD price)
  • 13as13as Posts: 4
    I am aware of the invoice price on the Accord sport. 23k was the OTD price I paid. Trust me, I was surprised as well. I was not expecting to get my price but to my shock they didn't even negotiate. I was taken a bit of guard since I prepared for it.
    I called about almost every dealer in NJ that day and to be honest Autosport did not even want to give me a quote over the phone. They said I needed to come in to get a price, I live about 2 miles from them and test drove the car there, so I figured I'll give it a shot. By the way the car is automatic and came with all the standard features for sport model.
    I did have to leave the dealer to get my financing in order, since they originally did not want to match my 2.2 from Bank of America, they called back an hour later.
  • I am also in the market in NJ. the best price was autosport last month 22500 I get.
  • 13as13as Posts: 4
    Brian, when I came to the dealer, I told them that I have 23k otd offer from a dealer down south and wanted to give them the opportunity to match it since I came to test drive the car there and I live close. I also said that I did not want to spend an hour there waiting for the manager since I had a appointment with the other dealer. 10 mins later I signed the contract for 23k Otd.
    Thanks for all the tips you posted on this blog, I've been following for the last month or so.
    P.S this was a first time for me buying from a dealer, might have been a beginners luck.
    edited January 2013
    13a
    This was no luck. Its called good timing and knowing when to buy and having the most leverage in the negotiations... By following what i was saying and appling it.... just goes to show that a newbie like your self pulled off a monster deal. the last day of any month is when dealers will give you there best price. I still think you bought the sport that was missing a door...LOL

Your lucky in one aspect... You walked into Autosport Honda they are a great dealership. Like i posted earlier... I have purchased from them in the past and can honestly say ONE OF The better dealers in New Jersey. But you still must know how to play the game to get that price..

Here is a couple more dealers in new jersey who i would recomend for good pricing. YOu cant expect to get these dealers best price on Jan 8th or 18th. always try to make your best deal at months end/// last days/ last day..

Paul Miller.............. Internet staff is very good. Internet Mgr Mike is on his game... like Autosports Manager ......Kerry

DCH Paramus......Very competitive pricing.
    Joyce Honda..............High doc fee's $399 looking to sell cars i like them
    DCH OldBridge...........Doc fee 299 ... good dealership
    Hamilton....................Doc fee 249..... good dealership/ internet dept..
    Garden State........... Heard some good things about them
    Metro honda............ they will surprise you sometimes. gotta be firm with them.
    Planet honda......... high doc fee's $398. they claim to match offers

Hope this helps

Brian

• i've been to several dealers and requested quotes from all dealers around la metro, nobody can do better than 22600 + ttl. some of you getting it cheaper are lucky.
  • Hello All,

New to Edmunds and I really appreciate all the information you all have provided. I'm thinking about buying a 2013 Accord EX-L V6 W/Navi and wanted to ask you for some feedback.

Those who have purchased this car what do you think about it? Pros & Cons?
    The best purchase price if possible. I'm in Los Angeles, California

thank you all for your responce.

Regards,
    Elite
  • amty007,

I think $27,200 for a 2013 accord EX-L V6 without NAV (with wheel lock and mud guards) is a good deal ! What was the TTL fee they quoted you? May I ask for the name of this honda dealer and name of the salesperson? When was this offer made to you in 2012 or 2013?

The best offer I got in Indiana and was only good for one day on Jan2nd was:
    . $28,000 for the car (include destination fee),
    . Add $345 for the following installed options/accessories: Splash Guard, All Season Mats, Body Side Molding, and Trunk Tray)
    . Two Free oil changes
    . 7% Indiana tax on the
    . $151.25 document fee$
    . a $400 gift card (year-end enticing) was still honored if I took the deal on Jan 2nd.
  • I am looking to buy a 2013 accord sedan either LX or Sport with a 6 speed manual transmission. Acording to one dealer who didn't have one in stock, who looked it up on the dealer's car locator site, there are only 7 manual transmission 4 door sedans in California and those dealers are not selling below MSRP (list price). So even though Honda officially offers a 6 speed manual transmission on the LX, sport, and EX models, you really can't seem to find them and the rare dealers that have them won't deal. Does anybody have an idea what to do other than buy the CVT automatic. Hankjoy
    Hankjoy,

Welcome to the world of supply and demand. You want that car you will have to over pay.. No dealer in there right mind would give you a deal on that vehicle. So my suggestion is Pay the extra $$$ or buy the cvt auto..

brian

• Question: Are the doc fee's the Title and License or is this separate (just paperwork)?
  • Just paperwork. Try to remove it or reduce the amount.
  • I just got my 2013 Accord EX-L without Nav for 25,5k(including destination fee), with wheel lock, trunk tray. I was quoted by several dealers in the bay area, and their quote is from 25,5k to 25,9k. But you should get a quote online, they now give very competitive price, its much better than negotiate with those guys at the dealership. Good luck!!!
  • christruongchristruong Posts: 4
    edited January 2013
    Finally got my 2013 Accord EX-L without Nav for 25,5k(including destination fee), along with wheel locks, trunk tray. I was surprised that most Honda Dealership in the bay area quoted me from 25,5 to 25,9 price range. My advice is always get the quote online because their price online is so competitive.
    Bernardi Honda - 25,500
    Commonwealth Honda 25,700
    Honda North - 25,900
    Honda Gallary - 25,800.
    Good luck you guys. it's easy to get the car for about 3,000 below the invoice.