Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• diwc240diwc240 Member Posts: 172
    Test drove an EX V6 Coupe last evening for the first time, suitably impressed !! This is for my wife (I drive a 2001 MB C240 6 speed 170 HP/ 177 ft-lbs torque RWD). So the 200 hp FWD was quite smooth and quiet.

I've been quoted $359 per month on a 36 month lease that includes tax and no money down, 15,000 miles per year. PA Dealer.
    Dealer includes splash guards, wheel lug/lock nuts, cargo tray and all season mats.
    Selling price is $22,490. Residual = 54 % MF = .0024 or 5.76 %

This will be our first Honda (after 2 Mazda 626s),
    looking fwd to this Fun car. Delivery tonight.
  • raybearraybear Member Posts: 1,795
    San Francisco Bay Area, $15,550!

Incredible, just incredible. This just can't last. Dealers are selling off inventory to make room for the 2003's, when they can make some money again.

Inventory is drying up, we're getting reports of shortages in some parts of the country.
  • homiebartyhomiebarty Member Posts: 7
    Do you have $50 deductible when you buy extended warranty or is it just me?
  • bhidleybhidley Member Posts: 2
    Looking at an '02 Accord EX V6 in Elk Grove, CA. It stickered at $25,670 but they are willing to go for invoice price of $23,225 plus any options I want. I want to offer $22,500 (including destination) with 2 options thrown into that price: tinted windows and gold emblems exchange. Comments?
  • adamr2adamr2 Member Posts: 31
    There are 2 variables in an extended warrenty: the length of the agreement(years and miles) and what the deductible is. The longer the term, the higher the price of the warrenty. The lower the deductible, the higher the price of the warrenty. On my wife's civic we have a 7/100 with a $50 deductible. My EX v6 accord I got a 7/100 with $0 deductible. I think the $0 option adds about $150-$200 onto the warrenty.
    I don't want to step on anyone's toes, and Elk Grove is a good dealer, but they're charging more than a lot of others I've seen in the region. They should be well under invoice unless it's the last car in the area.

I bet you could get that car for $21,500 in the Bay Area, without the options, and possibly less.
  • c182skylanec182skylane Member Posts: 64
    Dear diwc240:
    That's a good price. I'm guessing that PA has cheaper sales tax versus IL. Was there an acquisition fee? How about security deposit? I'm really impressed with the 15k miles per year allowance.

Now if only the dealer here could do the same...
  • bhidleybhidley Member Posts: 2
    Looking at an '02 Accord EX V6 in Elk Grove, CA. It stickered at $25,670 but they are willing to go for invoice price of $23,225 plus any options I want. I want to offer $22,500 (including destination) with 2 options thrown into that price: tinted windows and gold emblems exchange. Comments?
    Already answered you, Bob.
  • towelmantowelman Member Posts: 28
    On HondaCare warranties usually the cost is only about $60 to go from a $50 deductible to $0 deductible - hardly worth mentioning.
  • mj725mj725 Member Posts: 7
    bunk, it sounds to me that the dealer is just trying his or her sales pressure tactics on you. I would agree with the earlier post that the price will only get cheaper. The only risk you run is finding the one you want when they stop getting new shipments. As far as using the APR to affect the price of the car, I am of the mind it shouldn’t be even brought up at all until you get the price that you want. Its a great thing to get a great apr, but 4.75 isn’t all the spectacular. I mean you could get a bank or credit union in the low 5's. OK, its a qtr percent lower, but that qtr percent shouldn’t mean jacking with the sales price. Are you prepared to go somewhere out of the area to get the car you want?

towelman,
    I’m not sure that I agree with your position. Honda does have to compete with the big 3. It may not fit into their model to provide 0%, but Honda has lost lots of market share because of the big 3 tactics. I also think that the consumer is in the driver’s seat right now. With car makers trying to keep car sales from stalling out, and with the 2003 accord just around the corner, the dealers have no choice but to offer good deals (with in reason) to remove the 2002's. Sure it depends on the dealer’s volume and other factors on how low they can move, but in my opinion 23-24k is way too much to spend on the accord right now.
  • mustangdrewmustangdrew Member Posts: 38
    Its seems like a fair number of you recent purchasers are getting accessories like spoilers and mud guards "thrown in" or at lower prices. Could this be because most of those accessories have to go since the shape of the new Accord probably cannot accomodate the current accessories the dealers have on hand?
  • azfenixazfenix Member Posts: 1
    I got an internet price quote from a local dealer in Phoenix, AZ, Saturday on the 2002 EX V6 of $21,066. Together w/ options (rear spoiler, window tint, splash guards, cargo net, wheel locks, and a trunk tray), tax, title, and doc fee, the total drive out price came out to $24,700. The price seems great, but what should I expect when I am ready to go for a test drive? Besides extended warranty, what else should I expect from them that will ultimately increase the "out the door" price? Anyway, should I consider the extended warranty?
    Sounds pretty good, really. Figure the spoiler is at least $500, $125 for tint, $100 for splash guards, another $100 for the rest, not a bad deal. You don't have to buy any extras, and I understand the tax rate is on the high side, not bad at all.
  • diwc240diwc240 Member Posts: 172
    re: 2002 EX-V6 Coupe LEASE.
    Jersey & PA have same 6 % sales tax. The dealer waived the Security Deposit. I paid them $518 which included 1st month lease + $158 for Title,
    Registration & Doc fees, (no acquisition fee and no Dispersal fee at lease end) .15 cents per mile charge over 45 K. Set the tire press. to 32 psig all 4 and drove off the Lot last evening at 9:30 pm, (after I asked them to wash the car again...).
    Question: They tried to sell Low Jack at $495.
    Not that keen to bite...what do people recommend ?
    Well, that is a discount. Check with your insurer to see if you get enough of a break to pay for it.
    Maybe I should have said that Honda has not yet needed to resort to the tactics of the big three to sell cars. Remember the Accord was best selling car last year, the Civic the best selling small car (this without fleet sales to speak of) and the Odyssey, Pilot, CR-V and S2000 all are in very short supply - if in supply at all. The people at Honda know better than to rest on their laurels I think, but I still don't think the incentives that others offer are necessary . . .yet.
    Not to say that I don't agree with you that buying an Accord for $23 to $24k is too much . . .
    Honda has dealer incentives to keep the cars moving, $1250 on Accords and $250 on Civics. This is not a consumer rebate, the money is credited to the dealer so it's up to him how much to give away.
  • hondalady44hondalady44 Member Posts: 5
    Does anyone have any idea how low of a price I could get on an Accord EX V6 sedan in western NY? I don't want any extras...just the car (including destination charge). By the way, I'm not talking taxes and so forth. Thanks
    Try $1200 under invoice.
  • jimmyx2jimmyx2 Member Posts: 26
    Without all the wonderful information provided by this website, I would not be the owner of a red SE Honda Accord. It sure is important for everyone to research before purchasing any car but being a woman and over 50, I was unsure how to negotiate but knew it could be very difficult to negotiate if I wasn't aware what incentives were available and what was a current fair price to purchase. The out the door price we settled on was $17,800. This included 5% sales tax, transfer of plates, inspection sticker, and document prep fee. I also received 4.75$ financing. It was my first experience with the dealership Herb Connolly of Boston and a very positive one! My salesman was Johnny Dang who took the time on his day off to inform me my registration was available after 1 that day. He also had made arrangements for a co-worker to be available for assistance in picking up my registration and obtaining the state inspection sticker. Absolutely love my car! Before I started visiting this website I was favoring the Civic but glad I settled on the Accord.
  • jrsmoothjrsmooth Member Posts: 11
    Just bought an Black Accord EX 4-DOOR automatic, V4, from College Park Honda, $20,100 On-The-Road, alloy wheel locks and front/read mud guards included. $18,361+ $460(destination)+$1,129 (TAX) +150 (Tag)=$20,100.

The salesman is a nice guy, I had in touch with him for a month, and the buying process was quite smooth. His name is Jonathan Rundlett, he can be reach at 301-441-2900, email is CPHonda@aol.com. Anyway, I think it was a good deal. By the way, I am not taking referal credit here, I just think that was a fair deal and he is a good man for all this. Jonathan known me as "J. R.", just tell him "a guy named J. R. with his father from Washington DC post his buying experience in Edmunds.com, and I want the same deal or better".

Please provide feedback on the price of the EX. Thanks.
  • 080586080586 Member Posts: 6
    I purchased our satin silver SE (without side airbags) from Honda of Weymouth (south of Boston) for $17,460 including destination, $18,517 out the door including tax @ 5% and fees. A very smooth and easy purchase. The salesman was Stephen K. and he was professional and pleasant to work with. I had seen an add in the Sunday Globe for a dealer further from home advertising a similar price, and I called the local dealer and asked if they would match it and they did.

I must admit - I certainly used the Town Hall to research our decision, and I almost forgot to let my fellow "board members" know the results. Power to the people :)
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    Picked up an Accord LX 5 speed in blue for $15,665, including destination, mud guards, and carpet mats. Great deal on a great car.
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • zengetsuzengetsu Member Posts: 3
    A Northern California dealer has quoted a price of $18,900. I do not think this includes transportation. How close are they to a reasonable price? I hope your experience will guide me and make this purchase a smooth one. There are no options other than window tinting.
  • luis1306luis1306 Member Posts: 5
    Dude, where did you get this great deal? I'm in Miami and the lowest I've gotten has been $16000 for the same car with nothing else. Thanks for sharing!
  • bunkbunk Member Posts: 66
    What??!!! $18900 for the Coupe V6???
    That can't be a true price. If it is I would jump on it!
  • cds12cds12 Member Posts: 139
    better think about it first.
  • markz2kmarkz2k Member Posts: 112
    You sure that isn't an LX V6? That price is beyond amazing on an EXV6. Is it a demo? Does it have more than a few miles?
  • tony_rtony_r Member Posts: 1
    Just bought mine yesterday for $19.2k (including destination, carpet mats) + TTL. It's gorgeous black exterior with leather interior. I'd appreciate any feedback whether I paid too much or not for this car!
  • cds12cds12 Member Posts: 139
    r u going to take the car back if you did?

i think you got a fair deal
  • markz2kmarkz2k Member Posts: 112
    Invoice with dest is $20,844. Minus Honda's $1250 dealer cash rebate is 19,594. Paying 19.2K is below their cost. (Not including the holdback, of course) So, yes, you did well.
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    Luis: I bought mine at Sam Swope Honda in Louisville, Kentucky, which is a bit of a drive from where you are. They are still having teh same "internet special" this week, however. 16,000 for a Honda Accord LX is still a great deal. I wouldn't worry about a few hundred bucks if I were you--just go for it!
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • hondalady44hondalady44 Member Posts: 5
    I'm still trying to purchase an Accord EX V-6 sedan in Western New York. I called a dealer today and offered him 21,700 based on other posts. He informed me that the invoice was 23,225 (which I know) and the dealer incentive is $1250 and he would be willing to take the dealer incentive away for a total of $21,975. What do you guys think? He also said he would have to find me the firepepper color and the car could have a couple of hundred miles on it. Please advise
  • alexmath44alexmath44 Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone

I recently leased a new (not dem)V6 EX for $ 300. plus tax. Paud ist mopnth lease payment in advance. The lease is for 48 months. If this is of interst to any one, contact Tim William at Ed Voyles Honda in Marietta, GA. Tel 770 701 5572 or 678 886 3935. Hope they will still sell at this price. It should be possible as the new model is coming out in Sep.
  • zengetsuzengetsu Member Posts: 3
    As it turns out, either the dealer got his wires crossed or I did. It is the LX Coupe.
  • autoiautoi Member Posts: 10
    Hello All,
    First let me thank Edmunds.com site for hosting a very valuable information. And thanks for all the people who participate and keep it alive.

I just got into a market to buy an used Honda, I found this one car at a Honda dealer north of Boston. The details are

Car: 2001 Honda Accord 4DR SE (Value Package)
    Trans: Auto
    Mileage: 5500
    Asking price: $16500

I checked the CARFAX report for this car and it shows it was registered as a Commercial Vehicle, not exactly sure what that means.

TMV for this car is $15580, and if it is certified $16130.

Can you help me determining the best price to pay for this car? Where to start a bargain?

Appreciate your help.
    Thanks in advance.
  • fseatonfseaton Member Posts: 1
    I just paid 17,013 and got the 4.75% for a new 2002 red, auto., V4 Accord EX sedan for my wife. This even included a ~$300 extra charge for worthless wheel locks and mud guards, but it was worth it to get the color that my wife wanted. The total came to ~18,550 with taxes, fees, etc.

My father also bought a new black V6 EX auto. w/ leather coupe for under 20k before taxes at the same time.

Here's how it went down. Saturday, we took in the lowest loss leader prices in the paper to another dealer that said they would meet or beat any advertised price. We got them to settle on the prices first, and were happy to pay the extra ~$300 to get the colors we wanted.

Then the fun began as a real slickster salesman came into the scene (not the one we had been working with) and lied to us and denied that Honda had special financing. He went on and on about how they had to make some money on the back end. We went ahead and signed on the cars at 6.5% on Saturday, very pleased with the prices and thinking that Honda actually didn't have the 4.75%.

My father made a few calls on Monday to other Honda workers he knows and verified that Honda indeed did have the special financing. Then he called our dealer and turned the screws. He said to either give us the 4.75% or we cancel the financing, find our own, and complain to Honda. They graciously apologized and gave us the 4.75%.

We're very happy with our purchases and are not bitter at all. We understand that people need to make money. All we ask is that people are honest about it. The salesman could have simply said that yes, Honda has the special financing, but that he was unwilling to give it to us. Then we could have either done the deal or walked.

Good luck to you all.
  • agrawalagrawal Member Posts: 49
    Check if cars you bought are not meant for Canada, because no matter what it is unbelievable these prices for new cars.
  • jimmyx2jimmyx2 Member Posts: 26
    Autoi - You might want to check the prices of 2002 Accords. Originally I intended to purchase a used car but after reading posts on this website I changed my mind. Last week at a Boston Honda dealership I paid $16,700 (including destination but not taxes, registration, inspection sticker, and dealer doc fees) for a 2002 SE Accord. Don't forget that currently for 2002 Accords there is a dealer incentive for $1250 and a quota incentive of $250 and maybe the dealer will also receive dealer holdback. How long these incentives last - someone else reading this may be able to tell you. Good Luck!
  • autoiautoi Member Posts: 10
    I will look into the option of a new Honda. I already own a Subaru Outback, this is for my wife and she needs a small car. So may be a new/used Honda CIVIC would do.

Thanks for the help.
  • b_mxb_mx Member Posts: 8
    Is it a good price? 2200 below invoice? I get a black with 35 Mil. But the MSRP is torn down and but in the car. I heard that if this is torn, it is a dangerous sign.
  • adamr2adamr2 Member Posts: 31
    Although as I have previously posted, I purchased a new EX V6 Coupe a few weeks ago, I am now seriously thinking about trading in my wife's 2000 Civic EX (currently has 40k miles on it) for a new accord 4 door V4. I will only do it if I can get an amazing deal, even better then is currently offered. Anyone have any ideas how long the 2002's will last. On one of my local dealers websites, they have an up to date inventory of all their cars. There are around 80 accord ex v4's on there. They can't possibly sell them all by early september when the '03s come out, can they? If they don't, what happens to them? Is that when I wait to walk in and and try to take one of the last ones off the lot at an amazing price? Again, I don't need to do this, my wife's car is fine. But when I calculated the difference between keeping the civic for another 3 yrs/36 miles, or trading it in for a great deal on an accord, subtracting out all the maintenance I would have to do on the civic (brakes, tires, tune up, more maintenance with higher miles, etc), then subtracting out the difference in residual value between a 5 yr old civic with 75k miles, or a 3 yr old accord with 35 miles, I would break even on the whole deal! So over 3 years, it would cost me nothing to trade into a brand new 02 accord. I only want to do it on an amazing deal, and can wait for the optimal time since I don't need to get rid of the civic. Any thoughts?
  • petrnycpetrnyc Member Posts: 47
    Atlanta region dealer:

'02 Accord 4dr LX/auto - $15,300
    '02 Accord 4dr SE - $16,300

Prices don't reflect tax/title costs.
  • fandswfandsw Member Posts: 37
    Sorry, pet peeve of mine.....

Honda's 4 cylinder (and all other 4 cylinder engines sold in the US except Subaru) are inline 4 cylinder engines, hence I4! The 6 cylinder Honda engine is in a V configuration, thus it is a V6. Also, not all 6 cylinder engines are V6s either, BMW, Mercedes, and others have inline 6s also.

.....and now back to your regular programming.....
  • jmellenbjmellenb Member Posts: 35
    I've been looking at the LX 4 cyl auto & SE for a few months now. However, the prices in the Kansas City area are higher than I see posted here, esp. post #447. The best LX auto price I've seen in K.C. is $17K & SE's go for $18K, plus tax, title, etc. When I look at the invoice from Carsdirect & then subtract $1250, I get the $17K & $18K numbers. So I don't see how other areas of the country are selling SE's for less than I can buy an LX. Also, does anyone know what the Honda financing situation will be for August? According to the K.C. car ads, the 4.75% was scheduled to expire 7/31. Thanks to all for your help.
  • tonyh5tonyh5 Member Posts: 3
    Having the same problem in K.C. Lowest price found in the Kansas City area is $17,990 including destination shipping but nothing else. Lowest doc. fee found is $125. One dealer was only willing to come down $5 from his initial price.
  • c182skylanec182skylane Member Posts: 64
    Does anyone know what the Honda incentives are for the month of August? Or where I can find out what the incentives are? The edmunds incentives area is not showing anything for the Accord. During July, there was a $1250 dealer incentive and 4.75% financing for 60 months. Did that continue into August? thanks.
  • b_mxb_mx Member Posts: 8
    It is unbelievable.
    18200-1250(dealer incentive-250(quatity discount)-600(Holdback)-300(floor plan fee)=15800. Dealer is going to lose 500 for this car. Is there anything I miss on this calculation?