Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• maysermayser Posts: 1
    On 12/28/12, I purchased a 2013 Honda Accord EXL w/Navi for $26,733 + $790 destination fee in Jersey City, NJ. It seems that quite a few people across the country are getting amazing deals. It was tough to get the dealers to come down. We absolutely love this Accord. It drives smoothly, it is very sleek and stylish, the leather is top quality, and it has the feel of a luxury car. Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences. This forum has been a great resource.
  • romil01romil01 Posts: 75
    Specifically comparing the Sonata and the Accord, I think the visibility in the Accord is much better.

Agree. I have been leasing a 2011 Sonata GLS for nearly 3 years now. It has been a good car other than some squeaks in the interior and off-center steering. However, having test driven the new Accord, there is no comparison. The Accord is nicer in every way other than the exterior design and the price.
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Posts: 1,785
    edited January 2013
    Amazing price on a great car! Congrats!! Are you willing to share with us the name of the dealership?
  • Nice catch man, I got to say I never noticed this. Anything notable on the back seat? Thanks
  • coches1coches1 Posts: 104
    Hello Julian,

The front driver seat is my main concern. Almost all the time it is just me driving. It is interesting that a minor characteristic can make a big difference.

Go to a Honda dealer and sit in the back seat. Even better, rent a Honda
    for a weekend.

The Accord provides you with more but i have to put my left leg between
    the brake pedal and foot rest to be comfortable.

thanks
  • Ive owned a Altima, driven Camry's, owned Accord's. Currently own a 13 Accord exl v6. The new Accord us fantastuc,neither if the other two come close! Drive each one then decide for yourself.
  • jammikejammike Posts: 38
    13as,
    I am in contact with autosport too. Who was the Sales rep who helped you ?
  • unlv_rebelsunlv_rebels Posts: 32
    edited January 2013
    The latest IIHS test is the small front overlap, which places just a fraction of the front end with the brunt of a full-force impact. It’s made automakers sweat the details a little more. And some have done a little better than others. The IIHS announced its new test in 2009, giving automakers plenty of time to make their vehicles safer.

A vehicle that came out all-new in 2011 might not have had the time to undergo any changes, as its design was locked into place years ago. But a new car only takes three years to reach the market. There’s really no excuse for any of them to perform too poorly, even if it is an all-new test.

View & Read: http://blogs.automotive.com/iihs-gives-2013-honda-accord-best-rating-in-new-cras- - h-test-ratings-122825.html#ixzz2HnJWFk8R
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,694
    Our Mazda3 s just hit 115k miles yesterday and we predict that we'll be keeping it until at least 150k if not longer. Sure, we've had to put some $ into it this past year but it sure beats having to spend almost $20k on a new car. And with the motor mounts repair, car drives like brand new. Mazda's are as reliable and will last just as longer as the other Japanese brands in my opinion...and we have never kept a car past 80k miles ever before...this Mazda is a great car!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,937
    edited January 2013
    13A,
    I KNOW YOU POSTED YOUR DEAL ABOUT YOUR NEW YRS EVE PURCHASE AT AUTOSPORT Honda in N.J.

correct me if im wrong. your deal was $1000 below dealers invoice on the auto / sport model..... You posted a 2000 below dealers invoice purchase price.... tks

Brian

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• mycuzinvinnymycuzinvinny Posts: 3
    edited January 2013
    Wondering if this is a good deal:

Price: 27,314.14
    Doc: 398.50
    Tax: 458.85
    Tag: 55.00
    OTD: 28,226.49

They threw in guards and wheel locks. Put a deposit down since they didn't have my color. I might need to call them about the tax. Bought in VA but live in NC, it seems a little low.

Shopped initially for Acura TL and Audi A4, but I loved my Civic and stuck with Honda. Used carwoo.com to help with the offers.
  • I am still scratching my head in a way. Specially as a dealer offered me $750 less. The total would be like $16,860 for my OTD for a 2013 Mazda 6 isport automatic. I will meditate until Monday and see what's best. Again the 2013 accord won't go for less than 22k OTD. So I am still somewhat debating.
    I guess you would go for the Mazda.
    When I test drove the Mazda, for the first 2000 feet or so there was clucking clucking noise that went away completely after that. It wasn't the car color I wanted so it wasn't going to be that one anyway. But the reviews about engines failing and transmission going bad were what made me wonder and pull back. By the way the dealer is in Easton PA if anyone is interested.
    where do you live

• By the way my hopeful philosophy is that I will keep the accord for 120k150k saving me $2600-$3500 in gas. Plus Resale value and hopefully less money in maintenance, and the accord extra features: back up camera, bluetooth, alloy wheels, better crash testing will pay in the long run.

On the other hand with the Mazda I would save now and if reliability proof to be good, I wouldhave saved a lot of money.

The really odd thing about the Mazda is that I found out that they stopped production of that car in August 2012 and they still have leftovers. There were about 7k as of December.
    They won't make them in Florida and they moved them to Japan for 2014 because they are not selling and don't get me wrong, is a hot looking car imho, and for those prices it makes me wonder why not more people are driving them.
  • Raleigh area but bought in Danville VA.
  • Has anyone been tracking the lowest prices paid for a 2013 Honda Accord LX CVT in the tri-State area PA, NY, NJ? Thanks
  • gee22gee22 Posts: 82
    HOnda's warranty does not cover the tires. If you check the documents you were given, you will find the tire manufacturer's warranty.
    If your flat tire was caused by a road hazard like a nail, your flat won't be covered. You will only get something back from the tire manufacturer if there was a defect in the tire.
  • gee22gee22 Posts: 82
    The dealer in Jersey City is Metro Honda but I would find it hard to believe that there wasn't a trade-in involved or some high rate financing. Mayser's price of $27.5K including destination is almost $2K under invoice.
    I'm actually in talks with Metro honda right know.. managers name is baldimir i will let you know. jersey dealers with high doc fee's that wont come down on sale price of car is something you need to consider. Most of the jersey dealers will quote you between 400 and 600 below dealers invoice. all have doc fee's of 249 to 400 dollars. that means if you cant go any lower on car price your buying close to invoice price.. Last day of the month is your target buying date.

your dealership went almost 1 k below invoice. really good price. but you gave 400 back for doc fee's. they are crooks these dealers..
    i think when the accord market loosens up people could get the 1k plus the doc fee's added to sale price. right know most deals are going 400 to 850 below invoice knowing there recouping 300 to 500 on doc fee's. Every month you could wait longer the price will get better.

edited January 2013
    yes i have. there is one poster 13a claims he bought a 2013 model last day of Dec, for 2k below invoice. I highly doubt that one. and there have been a few poster that got close to 6 or 700 below dealers invoice in our area but gave back high doc fee's.. The last day of this month will tell if Honda dealers are willing to come down lower on pricing. The high Volume dealerships will be the key. There are dealers who have went as low as 1k below dealers invoice in a few States but not many. Weymouth honda would be the only dealer so far that i know that would sell me any Accord for that price. They have doc fee's of 239 so in actuality Weymouth Honda is selling that accord at $761 below his invoice. like ive been posting in both Honda forums and been preaching... On jan, 31 after i send out my 30 emails and phone calls to the dealers i will then have my answer to best price scenario's Until then this is all hear say .

Brian

• I purchased the car from Roy Small at Metro Honda. No trade in. I'm financing for 36 months at 1.99%. I received this low rate because of top tier credit. Metro Honda is tough. They would not waive any fees, including the $369 doc fee. I went there twice to negotiate and, both times, they let me walk away.

I decided to purchase the Accord from them because they offer lifetime free oil changes, they will let you use a loaner car if you are servicing your car there, and they offer 10 year/100,000 mile engine and transmission warranty (but caveat is that this is only effective if you've gotten all your routine maintenance work done there), I hope that $27.5 (including destination) is still a good deal. I'm sure that prices will come down as the months pass. But I couldn't wait. In any event, we absolutely love the car. The new model is very impressive and has a "wow" factor... from the "luxury" grade leather seats to the electronic/safety features. This is Honda's best Accord.
  • My price was right around yours. And granted, California sales tax is pretty high, but you paid $459 and I paid $2364 in sales tax. That can't be correct. If your OTD was 28226, then your price must have been lower. Good job, either way.
    Hi 13as,
    Did you get a College Grad Discount or Loyalty ownership discount or something. I am in touch with AutoSport Honda and the best they can offer for Accord Sport CVT is 21655 + $790 dest. You got for almost $1500 less. Who was your sales rep ?
  • darrin8darrin8 Posts: 14
    Brian, update to Weymouth's price on the 13 Touring. We agreed to the price I mentioned in my previous post (1000 below invoice with 239 doc fee =761 total below invoice) and I am now waiting delivery of vehicle(1/2st Week in Feb 13) to Weymouth from the factory since there were no Black tourings located in North East that had less than 200miles(demo's) or would would trade with his dealership. Tourings are in low number right now.

Will update forum when I actually purchase vin. By the way no delerships in VA can even come close to it and will not come below invoice and they want to stick you with 499-599 processing fee's. I dont see how/why people here in VA are letting the dealerships get away with those profits. I did learn something with all of the negotiating with around 50 dealerships in Va and GA. The ones who really tried to match Weymouths (which there were none who could) there were a few sales mangers told me if I could get the car for that price I should jump on it and don't let that deal go since I would not see that pricing here locally. I figured those dealerships were at least giving me the straight talk.
    edited January 2013
    Brian125/darrin8,
    After contacting Weymouth's in MA and AutoSport in NJ, I am noticing atleast $500 difference compared to End of Dec prices.
  • That is what they put down for the tax. I won't argue, I was expecting ~800 for tax.
  • Actually, I did take it to a local tire place. They tried to plug the tire but the hold was too large so I had to buy a new tire. Just sucks I had to replace a tire with 800 miles on it.
    edited January 2013
    Darrin
    Are you taking a train to boston to pick up your car???????????????????????? I personally think, dont know yet til i start my negotiations on last day this month that there are a couple of honda dealerships here in new york with only $75 dollar doc fee's..
    i plan on trying to get my best deal with them after getting best prices from New jersey dealers. i know if i go to Weymouth honda i could do 1k or better.

Here is a list of N.J. dealerships who i like in best to worst order and feel can get the best price closest to Weymouth honda if anybody is interested.

1- AutoSport
    2- Paul Miller
    3- Hamaliton
    4- Joyce
    5- DCH Acedamy Good dealership 500 below has been there lowest price.
    6- Garden State........... maybe
    7-Metro.. Always load there cars with add on's gotta know how to negotiate,high doc fee's $369
    8- Planet honda.. High doc fee's of 398 claim to match any offer on paper so unless you can get a great price quote dont expect much at this place.

Brian

• sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,694
    Had the same problem two weeks after we bought the wife's Mazda back in '05...had to purchase a new tire and then two months later, a new alloy. Was sorry then that we didn't purchase the tire/rim package from the F&I guy but since then, only normal wear and tear. This is one of the pitfalls of owning a vehicle...[non-permissible content removed] like this seems to happen sometimes. Just have to chalk it up to bad luck and move on...sucks, but hey, life does suck sometimes! :)

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch