Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• vietviet Posts: 847
    Good purchase, good decision. But, I got free splash guards & wheel locks from my internet sale manager. I bought a set of very decent & nice floor mat @ Target for $30 but it looks like $100+. I do not care for extra accessories. At the dealer I bought my car, an LX 190HP MSRP is marked up to $36,040 with alll dealer equipped accessories. The new set of 4 shiny & bigger rims costs $3,000. I dont care for those. What I care is the "heart" of the V6 EXL 263 HP. It's enough.

However, you were lucky that your sale tax is only 5%. Ours is 8.725%. Congratulations on your brand new car. I got exact same like yours and paid less than $32K OTD. If I were you I would also choose the Accord '08 EXL w/ Nav over the TL. Enjoy your car & Merry Xmas.
  • holewholew Posts: 71
    Go to anderson Honda in Baltimore and you will be able to get the EX-L with Navi for $200 over involce plus 635 destination and you won't have to buy a bunch of dealer add on options. I think they might charge a $100 processing fee for title and plates.

I am picking up my 2008 Accord EX-L this coming week from Anderson. My price is $25615 (this is $200 over involce) plus destination of $635. Other dealers told me they would honor Anderson's price but then when it came to signing on the line they came back with a story of how Anderson was going to hit me with $551 for extra dealer installed options. This was totally wrong, perhaps a lie. That is why I bought from Anderson which is 15 miles from my home. The other dealer S&S who gave me the $551 story is 1 miles from my house. S&S is not the real dealer name merely the initials. You can easily figure out who it is.
  • Just bought an EX V6 for $553 under invoice in northern NJ. Deals can be had if you shop around!

MSRP: $26,595
    Invoice price: $24,153
    Purchase Price: $23,600 + TTL.

All prices include destination.
  • nringnring Posts: 85
    Fuenfer is this with Navi??
    holew...are these numbers for the EX-L V6 with Navi? or is the 4 cylinder have an office in Annapolis and could easily work with that dealer...do you have a name of the sales rep you worked with to get the same deal? or if i can email you offline to get the info that would be great
  • Nring -- no, this is for a straight EX V6. If you check on Edmunds.com, the MSRP/invoice for the EX-L V6 with Navi is considerably higher.
  • I went in today to purchase my new Accord V6 EX-L from the internet salesperson at Landmark Honda, VA. I had already agreed to a price via email of $200 below invoice on this car with no processing fee, and no appearance package, but when I'd asked for that to be confirmed in writing they backed away from that deal and started pushing just invoice price and then they could waive the other fees and packages. I smelled a rat but was willing to buy at that price still.

Anyway, I went in today to do the deal and I'm told by the sales person that the manager who authorized the price of invoice + TTL was out and the current manager wanted the $299 processing fee and the $495 appearance package.

They refused to honor their own deal and in a matter of a day they pushed up the price on the car $1,000. All the managers there and the internet sales person I dealt with are crooks. They are out to con the customer. I was disgusted by how they treat their customers. If they weren't going to sell me the car at the negotiated price they should have never offered it to me. Nobody forced them to offer $200 below invoice or even invoice for that matter.

Buyer beware of Landmark Honda, VA. They are out to scalp you. They are very arrogant and rude and I'm taking my business elsewhere, to a dealer that isn't full of bs and out to con their customers. :mad: :mad:
  • I am looking for best price for 2008 Honda Accord LX-P in St. Louis MO 63146 area, including destination charges and doc. fee.

Thanks in adavce.
  • vietviet Posts: 847
    There are lot of BS dealers around. Be aware. Finally, after talking with lot of B. Heads I was lucky enough to find an easy, straightforward internet sale manager and I made a deal with him immediately. .
    Dos anyone know what the Lease rates for the 2008 Accord EX-L V6 with Navi for a lease of 12k/miles per year for 36 months..I need the Residual % and the MF for the above configuration. My homework shows this car MSRP is 30,260 and the Invoice is 27,404 with a 595.00 acquisition fee...Thank you. :)
  • I've had my '08 Accord Coupe (Blue V6-L with 6psd manual) for a few weeks now.

No problems except for the fact that I have to refrain from stepping on the gas too much. You can find yourself going in excess of the posted speed limit rather quickly.

It's also a traffic safety hazard. Folks tend to stare at this car and might accidentally run into something.
  • Just purchased an 08 Accord LX-P sedan/4-cyl/auto for $21,000 OTD minus TT&L. Is this a good deal. What do you think? :shades:
  • You have purchased the car already. Why do you need to know?
  • If you mean 21k before TT&L that is not a very good price at all especialy for this time of year. This car should be about 19.7 to 20k at MOST before TT&L. Go back to the dealer to see if they can work something out for you.
  • First of all, it'll probably do you no good to ask about prices after you've purchased. Best to ask beforehand. Also, in my part of the country, the price you got wasn't very good at all, but it depends on where you live and the demand for the car. If you're in Alaska or Hawaii, you're most certainly going to pay higher prices than Los Angeles or New Jersey.

It's a great car -- don't think about the price anymore, and just enjoy it!
  • Accordiing to KBB invoice is $20,719.53 so it seems like a pretty good deal to me at less than $300 over invoice. I live in a very competitive market (Houston) and that is about as low a price as I have heard of. Could you have done better? Maybe so, but if you are happy so what.
  • mackabeemackabee Posts: 4,709
    That's a very good price. In my area 08 LX-P' with alloys are going for $20990.00 which according to Honda USA invoice is $20,946.00 or so. Enjoy your car, forget about what other's are paying. If you think you got a good deal then move forward. Forget about going back to the dealer and demanding a lower price. Once the wheels hit the curb and the car is burning gas you're an owner.!
    Mackakbee
  • umyaumya Posts: 1
    I am looking for good deal in Raleigh, NC for 08 Accord V6. Any ideas about dealers in this area? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
  • mackabeemackabee Posts: 4,709
    I see a lot of posters stating they paid $200.00 over invoice $300.00 etc, etc, However they then add $645 for destination plus taxes and fees? The $600+ for destination IS part of the invoice so in reality you are paying $845.00 over invoice and not $200.00 Just FYI.
    Mackabee
  • When you use the term "invoice" you should include the destination charge. So it should be in both your invoice number and your amount paid relative to invoice number. Mackabee, that may be in agreement with what you said but I just want to make sure we're all on the same page here!