Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• cyak1551cyak1551 Posts: 3
    edited January 2013
    Oh, sorry. I wasn't sure if we could or not ;)

The name of the dealership was Voss Honda.

They are in Tipp City, which is just outside of Dayton, OH.

They gave me no BS and were very straight-forward and no non-sense. After being on the phone most of the day Saturday with other dealerships and dealing with how awful some of them were, I was more than happy to give them my business.

I HIGHLY recommend them.

Also, Hidy Honda in Beavercreek, OH (just outside of Dayton) were just as pleasant and even matched that price.

Unfortunately, they did have my color in stock, so I went with Voss.

If anyone on here is able to do the drive to the Dayton, OH area - please check out both Voss Honda and Hidy Honda. They will give you prices I was able to get.
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Posts: 1,722
    Many thanks!

But you should edit your post to take out the name of your salesperson.

We're allowed to mention the dealer's name, but I think that's it.
  • Also, not sure if this matters or not, this was an all cash deal.

No financing and no trade-ins. I don't think it matters, but thought I would throw it out there.

They were pretty surprised that some 27 year-old was paying in full.

Coming from a 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan, I LOVE this car!!!
    Smart and prudent to be able to pay cash at 27. Good work.

Bet the quality of the Accord seems impressive compared to your old ride!
  • malo_4malo_4 Posts: 15
    michellec1,

Can you tell me what dealerships you have been in contact with so far? and which seemed willing to work with you? I am considering traveling to Phoenix to purchase if I get the deal I want and would love to hear any thoughts on the dealers there. Thanks.
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,466
    edited January 2013
    CYAK,
    Good job on that prior post. I bought my 2003 Honda Pilot from Hidy honda and they shiped it to Queens N.Y. for me. What a great dealership.
    Voss Honda did match Hidy but i already was comfortable with the manager at Hidy Honda. Here are some others that were good back then in Ohio 2003.
    Chesrown Medina honda, Rick Case ,Whitney's automall,Waikem, Friendly, and Jay honda out in Cleveland were giving great prices. What a Flash back

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

Here is another good web site for Honda Accessories for 2013 Accord models

HONDA PARTS DEAL.com

• Brian,

Are prices better than college hills, or hit and miss?
    last time i checked they were same. did not compare all accessories.

What do you know about Nardy honda in Smithtown doc's are 75

• gameshowlovergameshowlover Posts: 22
    edited January 2013
    best price will be invoice plus 100, doc fees 75, nice dealership but selling prices are nothing to write home about
  • There has been much discussion on this vehicle without Nav - i am interested in the sedan WITH navigation. TMV shows around $29,300 - anyone have some experience to post?
  • I am in the market for Honda Accord I4 CVT EX. I received quote of $23,529 from truecar.com. + 162 Dealer Doc Fee + taxes.

Is this a good deal? Any recent buying experience for Accord EX in Chicago area?

--Aks
  • I am also in the market with my friend to buy Accord. EX for myself and LX for my friend. I received quote of $23,529 from truecar.com. Let me know best deal you found so far.

--Aks
  • gee22gee22 Posts: 82
    Sorry, nobody can tell you whether this was a good deal or not if it includes a trade-in. gameshowlover may be telling you you can get the car for $22,300, but if they are giving you $3,500 for a cluncker worth $100, you are really getting the car for $21,600. Conversely, if the dealer thinks they could sell your trade for $6,500, they could sell you the car for thousands under invoice and still make a profit on the deal.
  • True to above post. However it's almost always worth it to sell your car privately. Honda dealer offered me 5k for wife's 04 Accord, I put it on Craigslist, sold it for $7800 in one day, had 14 people call wanting to see the car. Car was clean with no mechanical issues and garage kept, low miles, so I also felt better selling privately, otherwise they would have given me 5,000 and detailed it and listed for $10,500 and ultimately sell for $9,500. These dealers are out to squeeze every last penny out of you. A salesperson will rip you off to the tune of 1,300 bucks just to make himself an extra $130 or even less. Then there accessories, the finance guy, extended warranties, remote start, etc....
  • I am in the market for same model. Can you suggest what was your final deal?
  • Is it just me or the accord sport interior color display comes only in red? Or is it something u can customize in all trims? I saw the LX in blue and I like it. But the sport videos I have seen shows the displays in red? ?? So not sure.
  • Truecar is a true rip off. At least try CarWOO or SOME other outfit. True car no longer gives you all the prices out there - especially the high volume dealers who discount heavily. I suggest looking also at Cars.com. You can see all dealers in an area and actually see how many cars they have on their lot. Obviously the more they have, the more they discount. Work those internet managers hard and you can come away with a great deal. And stick it to the Truecar CEO who has turned into a true ripoff type. All for a $400 commission his company gets on each car.

Good luck with your purchase, Honda's are the best!
  • rav4manrav4man Posts: 21
    I noticed the door metal and fenders on my new 2013 Honda Accord is very thin I see a lot of bad dings appear in the mall parking lot but maybe that is I live in Michigan a lot of American trucks here anyone have that too ?
  • Thanks for the tip. I have checked carwoo.com. It provides an average price. I will search on cars.com to check what i will get from high volume dealer.

thanks again.
  • Hi Everybody,
    I was wondering if anybody could give me an opinion as to whether I am getting a good quote on a 2013 EX-L, 4 cyl. sedan. I contacted a dealer by email and got the following OTD quote: 29,342.33, which includes tax, title transfer, and fees. I live in Florida and the quote is coming from a Florida dealership. I am paying cash for the car, with no trade in, and just transferring the tag from my current vehicle. I'm new at all this, so any advice or assistance anyone can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Posts: 536
    REF: 28232
    that's not good. you need to post the breakdown of prices and fees to know what you are paying. Weymouth advertises that model as 25.5k plus their fees.

http://www.weymouthhonda.com/newcars/Accord%20Sedan/EX-L/#Pricing_Inventory
  • Thanks for the reply. I emailed for the breakdown of the quote but haven't heard back yet. I assumed this was a high quote based on some of the numbers I have seen in this forum. Once I get the numbers though I'll post them. Thanks!
  • ryry24ryry24 Posts: 2
    On 1/16/13 I purchsed a '13 Accord EX-L V6 Auto in Still Night Pearl - MSRP: $35,280

My deal:

$27,738 before TTL
    $400 - Zaktek
    9.3% - AZ
    $545 plates
    $395 doc

$31,700 OTD
    Second alarm, trunk tray, mud flaps, tint, door edge guards, locking lugnuts all included.
  • Where in FL are you located? If at all feasible you should email Love Honda in Crystal River, Internet guy is Jerry Reed. I bought the 2013 EXL 4 dr I4 there Dec. 14, paying the following:
    Car. 25,100
    Service/doc fee 499
    Already-installed dealer add-ons 241
    TTL. 1670

Total out the door $27,510.

This was the best price I could get from about a dozen dealers from Orlando, Tampa etc. up thru Gainesville & Daytona Beach. Love also had the best price when I bought my 2008 Accord there. Did everything over the web & phone, only met when picking up the car. Little to no upselling pressure either.

Add ons were nitrogen, wheel locks, mud guards, striping & wheel well molding. Sales tax 6%.
  • Oops, I listed the salesperson's name, but have nothing to say about him, so...

I also had no trade-in, paid cash & transferred a tag, so other than the dealer add-ons you can make an apples to apples comparison.
  • Thanks a lot for the info! I'm in north Florida, but I'll definitely check out Crystal River if things don't work out with this dealership. I still haven't heard back about an itemized breakdown for the quote I got, but even with tax and doc fees, it seemed high. A couple other dealerships I contacted before seem to be around about the same ballpark as this place, so it might just be this area. Thanks again for the help!
    Would you be willing to share the Weymouth price for an EXL Navi sedan 4 cylinder? I don't want to sign up with them, bc I'm far from MA....
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Posts: 536
    edited January 2013
    ref: 28240
    msrp: 30785
    sell: 27274 (only 4 available, not that it matters)
  • jammikejammike Posts: 38
    Where is brian125 ? No posts from him in 2 days is impossible to believe :confuse: Did he finally get the car he was planning to buy at the end of month ?