Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Amen brother!

Also, not every customer will do extensive research and that is on them. Dealerships know this and make great profits everyday.

I know if I were in the business of selling cars, I would not want certain information to be leaked out to the public because that would interfere with my salary. I get it. Hopefully, the salesman earns my respect and I may send others his or her way.

My salesman was respectful after all was said and done. I did refer a friend to him but he was not able to offer the same deal I received. Maybe this will change by the end of the month or maybe my tactics and timing worked for my advantage.

In the end, the customer should do all they can to save a buck or two; the salesman has the challenge of getting what they can. It's business, and that's the game!
  • Let's put it this way: If you are not grinding on them, the "miserable" grinders in sales are grinding on you! :D

Besides I only spend 30 mins on it anyway. I give them a price, and if they don't say yes in 30 mins I'm out of there.

They always call me back and say yes later :P
  • Yes, like I said, is all good business. In the past, I had been able to help some good friends getting a decent price or at least better than the price they would normally get.

But at the same time, I had other friends that asked me to help them, and ended up doing the easy thing for them. They went to their local dealer on an impulse driven day and got a car they were not even looking for, for thousands more that were added to the high interest loan they got from their family friendly dealership.

And then again, I am not victimizing or vilifying anyone, it was a deal that both the dealership and the person agreed to. So yes, putting some time and effort before you buy anything in life pays at the end.
  • jjjaymmmanjjjaymmman Posts: 43
    edited February 2013
    To "isellhondas",

Your loyalty to the car salesman is evident. If I retired from that profession I'd feel the same way; and cudo's to you for doing so well.

Your comment of "my wonderful loyal customers who weren't afraid they just might pay a dollar more than someone else did" further solidifies your interest and sales skills. If I didn't know better, I'd say this comment was a sales tactic for a customer to give away more money to a salesman and feel good about it. Heck, I'd say the same thing if I were working in that field.

But, I totally disagree with this tactic in this forum. I do not make it a secret that my opinion in this forum is solely for the customers advantage. Why don't you pass on the skills and expertise you would to one of your family member, or did they pay extra too?

I do agree with you that despite any ups or downs for any vehicle on the market that Honda does overall produce an excellent product. After months of research and comparing, I found the Accord V6 best suited my needs which may differ for others. Overall, price was right, options were excellent, and they hold their value well which is everything I was looking for.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,946
    When you lie about having a trade and then coyly spring it on them your salesperson will quickly lose all respect for you.

I have no problem with customers looking for a great deal. My customers knew that I was on their side. It's the ones that would step over the line that I had no use for.

Funny...it really doesn't have to be a difficult process.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,946
    What a lot of shoppers don't realize is the fact that the price can be a moving target. If a store has a huge inventory of V-6 Accords and a lot more in transit and nowhere to park them, of course, anything go's.

On the other hand, if there is little to zero inventory and the incoming pipeline is fairly empty, a store would be foolish to do a nothing deal.

People come to these forums and read about what one person in a differnt part of the country paid and assume they can do the same thing.

Maybe, maybe not. Also some of these so called "prices paid" may not be accurate when all is considered. Things like trade value, doc fee charges etc.
  • TY, generally I'm not looking to buy a car and make a friend. If the salesman loses my respect I will not lose sleep over this.

It is my wallet that I am trying to protect.

This tactic has never failed me in the past and it usually throws off the salesman. I chosse to play my cards how I see fit. My money, my control. They do not have to accept the deal.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,164
    We have a load of discussions about buying strategies...

This forum is to report specifics on shopping for a Honda Accord, and the price you paid..

Let's get back to it..

Thanks!

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Paid $22,200 for the Sport before Tax/License
    Accessories included: mud guards, wheel locks, clear door protectors.
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Posts: 1,786
    Great deal! 6MT or CVT?
  • CVT
    Great car .. Fun to drive, looks sharp, good mpg..
    I'm happy with the deal and car
  • Good job!

I would say that the "Sport" model is the only one that dealers are trying to hold onto some kind of markup right now, they are popular.

That means only $800.00 below invoice ;-)
  • I'm in the market for a '13 Accord EXL v6 with Navi. My best quote so far was $27,750 from a Metro Boston dealership. Is this a good price or should I dig deeper?

Thanks in advance!

Jeff
  • That seems like a great price if that is the actual OTD number. My OTD for the same vehicle without navi was $29,000.32. This was great for me since I financed with Honda at 0%. For South Carolina, Georgia, Florida area it would be really hard to find what you got for that price.
  • kishjkishj Posts: 4
    Hey,

Can you give the dealer/sales manger contact details.

Thanks
  • ejakabejakab Posts: 20
    That sounds like a great price.
  • American Honda did respond to my concern about when to perform the 1st oil change on a new 2013 Accord. Simply put, by following the owners manual and maintenance monitor I will be within warranty requirements. They further explained that changing the oil early will not void any warranty. As far as break in oil, the vehicle does in fact have oil specifically designed for the engines initial break in period. Servicing this oil prior to the maintenance minder is not required but should only be considered beyond the first 500 miles if choosing doing so.
  • Thanks for letting us know :)

"following the owners manual and maintenance monitor"

That's what is best, just follow whatever recommended maintenace and u should be fine. When i bought my first Honda i said to myself that i would follow it to the T, in that way, if something went wrong, it wasn't going to be due to lack of maintenace but because the brand did not live up to the expectation. It's been good so far, thanks again.
  • By the way was that an e-mail? if so, can u share it as i was looking for it and couldn't find it, thanks.
  • kbbskbbs Posts: 2
    I have contacted several dealers (in Phoenix, AZ) for a 2013 Sport 6 speed manual and the best price I have received is $22,000 ($199 below invoice). Adding Taxes, Reg Fees, and Doc fees, bumps the OTD price to around $24,800. On this forum, I have seen the prices paid for Sport CVT in $22,000 - $22,200 range (same as manual?). Has anyone purchased a 6 speed manual Sport sedan? If so, would appreciate if you can post the price paid. Best regards.
  • The response I received was via phone. I called 1-800-999-1009 option 7 and spoke to a warranty rep (on 5 Feb). The rep could not provide me anymore specifics about the oil change or break in that was not in the manual (which says do not tow with this vehicle prior to 600 miles).
    On 6 Feb, I did receive an email but it was a basic "thank you for purchasing your new vehicle........if you have questions....." It did not have anything referring to any specific maintenance or warranty information.
    On 7 Feb, I received a follow-up call from the warranty rep which is what I posted. I hope this helps.
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 3,197
    edited February 2013
    kbb
    The model your looking at is a supply and demand car. Dealers dont have many on there lots. They are not going to give the 6 speed manuals away.
    i would suggest calling as many dealerships as possible in your area on President weekend and the last day of this month.
    Check this forum to see lowest price in and near your state.
    Call each dealership on above target days and let each dealerships Internet/sales manager know for xxx price you buy that day.
    If you call 10 dealerships and they all say this is my best price you then decide if you want to buy or wait another month or two. Thats how you determine the market price in your area. By contacting 20 or more dealerships you will find the good and bad dealerships. If you decide to wait another month or two you then only call back the best 5 dealers that you thought were fair and not playing games with you.

Good luck

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• cool, i wasn't sure if u had a Honda email, but that's good that they followed up.
    Enjoy your new ride!
  • After comparing quotes of the Accord EX CVT from several dealers in souther CA, I purchased one from Rock Honda for a little below $22,500 before TTL. The process is quite quick and simple. They honor the quote they give me over the email. Most dealers quote me around mid $23k. As I mentioned earlier, if you don't mind driving a little farther, you may find better prices. Someone on this forum mentioned to me that Corona Honda is quoting $23,1xx which is better price than most quotes I got. But I found later on that quotes from Rock and Riverside are well below $23k. These online quote requests really helped me a lot in getting a good deal.
  • Wow, it's $1500 below invoice. Great deal!
  • jmaxejmaxe Posts: 198
    Huh, what invoice are you lookin at?
  • $24037 with destination fromtruecar.com
    edited February 2013
    24,037-22,499= $1,538 . The question you need to ask is how much was the doc fee's. Then you would know how much he paid below invoice price.
    looks like he recieved a great deal.

The LX and EX models are selling at a better price. Dealers have alot of inventory on there lots and need to move them quicker than the the sport and EXL V-6 models.

• evped2evped2 Posts: 21
    How do we find out if there are any new Honda incentives? I imagine they'll be gearing up for President's Day.
    edited February 2013
    i just checked there is nothing outside of the 500 military rebate on Accords.
    Edmunds home page is where you could find Rebates and Incentives on all vehicles.

Hopefully all this snow in the NorthEast is hurting Honda sales for this month