Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• They don't have the Color I want. But like I said before it seems to be one specific car at that price, w specific stock number. I don't think they will sale many at that price. But someone just bought one for $19,790 plus doc fees. So it is possible to get a decent price now.

Also, this was an email sent to those in their e-mail list.For that price of course I will buy now.

I had a quote from Anderson dealer last month for $20,369 and I was not even trying to get an official price quote or re send it to other dealers or what not. Just check them yourself, u will see what I mean w their email.

I will contact them tomorrow to get an idea.
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 3,209
    edited February 2013
    You have to be careful with Anderson they do put alot of dealer add on there vehicles.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• Also, I don't live close by, so I would need something in writing w vin number and everything before I even bother w traveling so far.

After someone bought the one from them at $19, 790 (yesterday), I decided to sign up for their e-mail list today and they sent me the email tonight and decided to share. Is a presidents day special that started yesterday. So w all likelihood they will say something like "we sold that specific car" and after checking their inventory, they don't have the Color I am looking for.

But thought it gives those that perhaps live close by an idea where to start and another dealer to email when hunting for their Accord.
  • Good u mentioned it, as I am not looking for any add on. I would rather buy in nj, pa, but is good to have the option or their e-mail quote as a starting point or having it matched by a dealer near by.

Hey Brian, r u trying to get yours this weekend? I am curious as I know u were considering getting yours around this time.

I hope u do well if u decide to buy now.
    edited February 2013
    Be careful with Anderson. I'm going to try to work a deal tomm. The higher end models are not selling like the lx models. . i would of bought from Anderson last month but they had alot of crap on the vehicles and would not discount. Anderson honda was at 953 below invoice. both models i asked for had a ton of add ons. So add his doc fee's and add ons and your back around 5 or 600 below at best.. I'm wondering if his lx models were the same. Every dealer plays a different game.

• isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,953
    edited February 2013
    Again, you are guessing.

People should focus on the CAR and not the DEAL!

I would hate to think someone would buy a car they really dont like or a car with poor resale value over a "deal " but I know it happens.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,953
    Those "add on" you don't like (or want to pay for) may represent the ONLY profit they make on a car that you want them to sell for what they paid for it.

It's not so much a "game", it's an attempt to stay in business by making a (gasp) profit!
  • The email from Sports Honda in MD for president's Day Sale mentions clearly :
    Its a Door Buster and only 1 Accord LX CVT at 18495 + Dest at that price.
    Rest of the Accord LX CVT are 19670 + Dest.
  • Yes, I was aware of that and it started Saturday. Either way, even that is a good price. I won't necessarily buy it now, but like I said before is another option for those looking in that area or those that will buy now.
  • Never mind, that price is just average (I didn't realize the dest fee) and the car for that price was an specific stock number as I mentioned in a previous post. Someone bought for them this weekend at a $19, 790 w dest. So, again it is just another dealer that people may consider when buying.
  • By the way, my e-mail didn't specify how much the rest of the LX would go for. It had other trims and other Honda models. Good that u pointed that out.
  • hondaccord09hondaccord09 Posts: 14
    edited February 2013
    When you say you are $1600 below invoice, you are accounting for the value of your car. The OTD price, independent of any trade in, is the figure that should be looked at - $21,221, which is a really good price. That $19,700 figure is misleading to believe that someone could get a new Honda for that price! Sure they can get that price if they trade in their used car that is worth thousands of dollars, or worth $500.

I negotiate my trade in separate from the price of the new car. When the dealer asks me do I have a trade in, I say no. Then I turn around and say I do have a trade in. Dealers do not lose money on a trade in. They want to make more money off of your trade in!
  • Accord 2013 EXL
    The dealer made final offer of $ 28,500 ( including TTL + Add ons). i think i can bring him down to 27,500.
    Guys what say !!! ?
  • I got offer on Accord 2013 EXL V4 from the dealer of $ 28,500 ( Including TTL & Add ons) I think i can bring him down to $ 27,500.
  • That V4 is hard to find; i doubt he'll go lower... ;)
  • gq2530gq2530 Posts: 5
    edited February 2013
    I got an offer on Accord 2013 LX from the dealer of $ 22,500 ( OTD price), including tint, splash guards, wheel lock and trunk tray. Is there any bargain room?
  • Not much. What's the breakdown? price, accessories, tax rate...
  • Actually I do not know much about the details, tax rate is 6.25% here in tx
  • mang1mang1 Posts: 9
    edited February 2013
    Just negotiated this deal at my dealer today in MA...can you guys tell me what you think!

MSRP $24980

Sale Price (including destination charge) $21,634.00

6.25% MA Sales Tax $1352.13

Documentation Fee $352.75

New Plates & Registration $125.00

Total Price $23,463.88
    Dealer told me today the destination charge its now 810 went up from $790. Can anyone confirm this.

What dealership????????????

• mang1mang1 Posts: 9
    Commonwealth! Are you shopping or did you recently buy?
  • Just inked a deal at Honda Cars of Boston. 2013 Accord EXL v6 with Navi.

PURCHASE PRICE - $28,500 including all fees.
    FINANCING - 1.9% for 60 months
    TRADE - 2003 Civic coupe with 130k. $3,000 value. (Edmunds put it at $2,400)

Extras included- Trunk tray & Winter mats.

I negotiated with 4 Honda dealerships and Honda Cars of Boston beat the next best offer by $368 plus the extra.

I hope this helps anybody currently negotiating in the Boston area. I'm happy to share my experience for any of those that want to private message me.

Best of Luck with your research and car buying experience. :)
    what was the sale price of the vehicle.......tks

TKS

• I bought the ex-l no navi for 28,200 otd but they made me add the extend 8 years warranty for an additional $2,300. I've had my car for less than a week. Is it too late to take it out? I really didn't want it.
    Cristee
    Sorry to hear about what your sleazy dealership did to you. Most dealerships always get over on a first time buyer.... Dealerships are good at that. Dont feel so bad very common practice. The bigger question is???????????

Why would you agree to something you did not want? $2300 Call the honda corp and tell them the dealership mislead and took advantage of you Tell them you want a refund or you will report that dealership to your state/ consumer complaint/ affairs board.
    Enjoy your new car............ good luck

• pegasus17pegasus17 Posts: 536
    edited February 2013
    REF: 28511
    "They made me"
    1. Did they hold a gun to your head?
    2. The price for that coverage is double what it should be. Unless you live in Florida, you can buy the same plan for half that price from two reputable Honda dealers.
    3. You don't have to buy it at the time of sale. You can buy it anytime during the 3yr/36k basic warranty.
    4. i hope you can unwind that screw job you got. Get to work!
    edited February 2013
    I guess if that last post was real we could assume

The Honda salesman are always looking to give us a fair price and not get over.
    THEY Have to make a profit to. I like to send our friend who buys $4 milk to that dealership so he could feel good about himself...... You just cant make this stuff up

You would think making her pay $1400 for what that coverage is worth but they went for the jugular.
    This was like a pitbull in the ring with a rooster. No chance at all
    Let the manager ring that bell again.. Good job Honda.

• I got this from one of the Accord geek forums. Edmunds won't let me link to it but the info is worth reading:

"Thanks everyone for the great information. The thread should help many make the decision which may or may not be the same as mine.
    I think the main points are:
    1. Make sure it is Honda Care and not some Fly by Night Company.
    2. You do not have to get it at the time of sale.
    3. It is usually cheaper to get it from a different Honda dealer. http://hyannishondacare.com/ was the cheapest of the ones I looked at.
    I've a strong believer in being self insured. I get insurance for catastrophic things like health, home, and auto accidents. Auto accident is more that should I get sued up the wazoo then auto body damage. Being self insured means sometimes I will have to pay but over the long run, I will be well ahead. I was concern about the DI and CVT but the power train warranty which comes with the car is 5 years/60k miles. I also believe in Honda engineering.

Peace of mind means different things to different people. To me it means not spending money for something I did not need or want. I often spent money on things I did not need but wanted.
    At this time, I decided not to get Honda Care."