Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sonipsonip Posts: 2
    I got a quote for the same type of car in northern NJ for $27,134.
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Posts: 1,786
    edited February 2013
    Yeah, V rated (which means good up to c. 140 mph--or something like that) is overkill on a car like the Accord. The Accord is electronically limited to max speed of about 125mph in any case, and I doubt I'll ever get to 100 in mine.

But a V rated Michelin is a fine performance tire. It's more tire than probably 95% of people ever need on a family sedan.

But that's kinda like the Accord itself. They didn't meet the federal crash standards—they exceeded them. Almost everything in the Accord is done to a very nice level, esp. given the price.

And so I think most people can feel happy about the Accord's OEM tires. They're all that you would expect—or maybe even a little more than that—for this price point.
  • vba123vba123 Posts: 30
    edited February 2013
    I am also looking to buy Accord LX CVT this week. I am from NY Where dealers are not willing to deal as they are in MD or MA.
    Maybe we can buy together to get better deal.
  • I know what you mean with that. Dealers around are not willing to do that kind of price.

This is where i stand. There is a dealer close by that is willing to match my offer. So, i will try tomorrow. If they don't, i have to put a deposit for the best offer i have and seal that deal via deposit tomorrow.

I was going to try today, but schedule has been crazy trying to negotiate and personal stuff. So, tomorrow afternoon/evening i will know for sure.

I wouldn't mind buying w someone else, but time is kind of short for me and i need to pull the trigger or i will have nothing. I will give you the tips, dealers, etc. i can refer to the salespeople i will deal with.

Now, if i don't seal the deal locally, we can try together to do it at the dealer that doesn;t play this games. Now, i am not sure if they will do any better for the 2 (maybe an extra $50-100 at best), but is the end of the month and this month has been short. I am almost positive they will do it for you too.

I will keep u posted.
  • What color are u looking to get? let me know and i will see if i can help u somewhat, thanks.

Also, try to get pre approved, it will help.

If you need any add ons, i wouldn't recommend doing them now, but is up to u.

Let me know.
  • jw074jw074 Posts: 15
    Hi,

When people refer to "invoice" price, does that include the destination cost ($790 for accord)?

Thanks
  • Unfortunately, you are wrong about the Accord exceeding the federal crash standards. The 2012 sedan and the 2013 coupe received 5 stars across the board from the NHTSA while the 2013 sedan received an overall 5 star rating, but only received 4 stars for frontal crash.
    In the new IIHS Small Overlap Front test, the 2013 sedan is one of the few cars tested so far to receive a "Good" but the coupe only received "Acceptable". Of course, everything is relative. The Sonata received a "Marginal" and the Camry "Poor".
    I'm driving my mother-in-law's 2010 Accord which we had to take away from her. It's one of the few cars that only earned 3 stars on the rear side test so I make my son sit in a car seat in the middle instead of a booster on the side. He wants a new Accord more than I do.
    edited February 2013
    A car can get 2 stars and still meet the minimum US gov crash standards.

The Accord is beyond that.
    Thank You for offering to help. You have better price quote than me.
    I was quoted from Anderson about $20850 with accessories for Accord LX CVT.
    Interested in Modern Steel with Black Interior without any add ons.

I am willing to buy this week. Looking to Finance thru Honda Financial, Approval should not be issue.

I will wait and see what you local dealer tells you.
  • My best advice in that case is to be honest w them and tell them u don't want any add ons.
    Tell them u r willing to wait. Not sure what add ons cost that much. But the other key is have them removing your doc fees. Just tell them that you are willing to drive, but a couple of hundreds in savings won't earn your business as u already have to drive and it will cost u that and more.

Besides, I noticed that they don't have the accessories installed, they add them to make extra profit last minute. My one had "accessories added" but they were "taken away all of the sudden". I will seal the deal w them tomorrow.
  • By the way, u can get that price matched around u (maybe without the add ons) but will save u a trip.

Again be straight forward and tell them what u want. They are reasonable or at least I think they will be w me.
  • But it is surprising they would take a step back in their test results.
    Incidentally, there aren't any minimum crash standards. The NHSTA sets standards for some components of cars like rearview mirrors and brake fluid, but there's no minimum threshold a car needs to meet in a crash test. Probably still some one star pickup trucks on the road.
  • hey, michaelvox, I live around the bay area too. Where did you buy the 2013 EX-L V6 and get the zero % finance?
  • jenks0728jenks0728 Posts: 4
    edited February 2013
    Without destination u got that quote... Was wondering if the 1.9 financing is negotiable with the financing dept once u go to sign papers n get the car
  • somanssomans Posts: 10
    I want to buy a Accord Sedan LX and I live in NJ. I want to close the deals in couple of days.
    Can anyone help with the price OTD
  • somanssomans Posts: 10
    Do u live in NJ or close to NJ, I want to buy an accord LX soon, please help
  • I am close to pulling the trigger on an exl v6. Has anyone had any problems with the vcm or any other issues?
  • The best financing Honda offered was 2.49, which I used to get the $500 in flex cash or whatever they call it. I had already set up PenFed at 1.49 and quickly paid off the first loan with the second loan.

I purchased from Honda of Morgan Hill.
    edited February 2013
    You should be able to get a 2013 Accord LX CVT for at least $2000 off of list. And if you're financing, Honda is offering 1.9% for 60 months until March 4th.

List for an LX CVT $23,270, and so c. $21k flat + Tax, title, and license is a good starting point. You might be able to do a little better, but that's probably the ballpark.

Try

www.carwoo.com

dealers in your area compete for your biz and give you offers. If a dealer c. 100 miles away offers you an LX CVT for $20,500, for instance, you might be able to get your local dealer to match that.

But my 2 cents is not to get tangled up spending hours and driving hundreds of miles to save a few hundred bucks. Just get a good deal on a great car and call it a day.
    edited February 2013
    Took your advise.
    I am also trying to work with few dealers locally to see if anyone can match or come close. I prefer to make the deal via email and thru phone. Finally I see some dealers being flexible about moving their inventory. From what I see If you can wait another month by March End, there will be deals and incentives better than this month.
    But I want to get the car this week. People who are willing to wait are going to get better deals than us.
  • I understand you. I wanted to wait because of this. I know there are dealerships that will be willing to seal the deal by thursday.

I also have no choice but to get it now. I am not done yet, but hope to be soon. Good luck!
    I live in NYC. I also want to close the deal this week. I was looking for OTD of $22500.00 with 8.875% tax tag and doc fee.
    My current offer I have is for $22750 OTD from out of state

For You in NJ you should look for OTD (with Taxes and All Fees) of $22300-22800. In that range it should be considered good deal.

Because of the bad weather I see dealers whom i have contacted are willing to work with you. Either that or I guess this week Honda is offering dealers incentives that we dont know yet.

I do not know how to contact someone privately on this forum? Can someone please help.
  • I see many people on this forum using the prices from this dealer to negotiate with other dealers. No dealers in my Northeast area are willing to come anywhere near Weymouth's price. They all sing the same tune, "that is below cost. No one can sell you a car for that price. The prices you are seeing are not what you think they are".

And so, my question is, has anyone actually purchased from this dealer? Where there any issues or surprises? I am considering making the couple of hour drive to save $1k and would appreciate any reviews on them.
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 3,179
    edited February 2013
    Ziggy
    Call Yonkers honda. Speak with Bill Internet manager. He is on his game.
    Tell him to match or come close to your offer and you will buy from him.
    Check his inventory first.
    Weymouth doc fees............239
    Ny doc fee's.......................75

Let him know I'm waiting on him to lower his distressed vehicle price and i will buy from him also...........LOL

Post how you made out.

Brian

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 3,179
    My last post was for you with Yonkers honda.
    you said your in the nyc area..

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• evped2evped2 Posts: 21
    Just purchased an Accord sedan EX manual at Herb Chambers in Massachusetts for $22,989 plus tax, title, and reg. Great experience with dealership. Not a great price, but there are very few of these around. About 5 (Modern Steel) in New England. Very happy with the deal.
  • Dealer: Anderson Honda in Palo Alto CA
    Original OTD price: $25,800
    What i paid...
    Car price: $22,700
    OTD: $25,040

The dealers here claim this particular model has very low availability.
    great price!
  • extoyotaextoyota Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    I have just started looking and yet to test drive the Accord although I come from the "Honda family" and have great opinion on their products :)

Can anyone tell me what should be a realistic price point for a V6, Auto, EX-L with Navigation in the Midwest? I haven't purchased a *NEW* car in a looooong time and seeing the MSRP on this configuration, I am debating between the Accord versus a CPO Acura TL (I personally like the tech on the Honda better though).

Thanks in advance!!
  • First OTD depends on the state you are purchasing in. In OK OTD will never include taxes as they are defined as Excise Tax and is not between the dealer and consumer but rather that is between the state and the consumer. Now that being said in TX where the tax on a car purchase is defined as sales tax then OTD will always include the tax as it is between the dealer and the consumer.