Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Everyone needs to keep in mind that there are no cookie cutter car deals. Every car deal is unique, and in order for a dealer to take a losing deal there have to be positive deals. At some point somebody has to pay because the car business isn't a non-profit business. fair deal I think is $500.00 profit for the dealer combined with convenience and customer service. Its always so funny to read comments from people that clearly no nothing about how the car business really works. There are no two invoices and yes dealers lose real money on car deals.
  • brian, thanks for the tip on Yonkers, I will post again when my deal is final, but it's pretty much as you said!
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,915
    edited February 2013
    " and yes dealers lose real money on car deals"

We never did.

A lot of strickly price shoppers care nothing about convenience and customer service. All they are focused on is PRICE.

Of course, later these same people are first in line demanding warranty service from the store that wanted 200.00 more on a car deal.

I had to be very careful when I walked a customer over price. If we just couldn't make a deal and they told me another store would I had to pick my words carefully.

I would say, "

well, if they can really sell you that Accord (or whatever) for that price, I would jump all over it since they would be loosing money but if anything should change when you get there, please remember me and the way you were treated here"

I knew that if I was the least bit flippant that they would never give me the satisfaction of returning. I had to be very careful with my words.

Sadly a lot of these people, weary from the process would just cave in and give the store that lied to them over the phone or made a "mistake" the car deal.

Such is the car business....

" Don't count the be-backs, you count the green backs"
  • Hi everyone, I have a dealer offering me a 2013 Honda Accord EX sedan CVT for $25,500 OTD if I buy it before close of business Thursday. What do you think? Thanks!
  • vba123vba123 Posts: 30
    What state?
    Please can you post the breakdown.
    I called and Asked for Bill. He is in used car.
    New Car Manager told me He cannot come close to my price.
  • Here is the info for my quote on a 2013 Acccord EX with CVT:
    State: VA
    MSRP: $26,195
    Sale price: $24,000
    Tax: $790
    Processing: $599
    Tags/Registration/Title: $65.75
    Total: $25,500
    You should be able to get the car from MD Dealers for around $23000 and $199 doc fee.
    If you are willingly to drive then get a price quote from Anderson Honda in Baltimore.
  • I am around the Bay Area. I checked the dealership website and found the price details below. I haven't sent out the quote request to the internet manager yet. I would like to find out what is the below invoice price to ask for. Any suggestions?

MSRP: $28,785
    Dealer Discount: $2,104
    True Price: $26,681
  • Question? Why a dealership would have to mail a copy of their bill of sale?
    I know that i need to get a copy at the time of purchase. Is this fishy?
    isellhondas, any input from you or anyone will be appreciated.

I was told that by a dealership out state. They will collect taxes and mail me a copy of the bill of sale and cut a check so i can pay my taxes in my State??? does this sound fishy??

Any help appreciated, thanks.
  • wlfinancialwlfinancial Posts: 6
    edited February 2013
    You should target around
    $25,200(destination fee included).
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 3,175
    My bad Internet sales mngr. Rich from Yonkers honda

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

edited February 2013
    Which state did you purchase vehicle?????? what state r you in

Did dest /Charge go up............ last month it was $790. Dealer told me 830.

Can someone confirm this charge?

Brian

Try Honda of New Rochelle. Had Great Experience. They had one day sales event. But I had till Thurs to get the deal.

I finalized deal with them on Honda Accord LX. They matched the price.

Went to visit and put deposit. Waiting for my color to arrive.

Sales Manager is Patel. Sales Person who processed the transaction is Tinu Thomas.
    Initial Internet Inquiry and Pricing which was approved by Patel was done by Kenny.

All three of them were Professional and Upfront with me. No Sales Pressure.
    And Pleasant to Deal with.
    edited February 2013
    what was the doc fee charge? 790 or 830.

I spoke with New Rochelle last month

Pricing is not as good on a exl v-6. LX models are selling alot cheaper.

My target price is between 725 to 800 below invoice with no doc fee's.

If i could pull this sale off in my area i will buy tomm.

edited February 2013
    I think $790 but not sure.
    I paid the price that includes the destination. It was mentioned together in Sales Order. The price I negotiated included the destination.

If you are willingly to buy tomorrow last day of the month, they will do it for sure. My experience was pleasant with them. I think you will be satisfied.

Speak to Tinu Thomas.
  • No purchase yet, buying in MD registration in PA. he told me that the lender needs to make sure that the lien is placed in the title. They will give me a copy of the bill of sale the day of delivery (which is in the next few days). At least he clarified. The salesman seems honest, but I want no surprises at any given point. Thanks for any input.
  • My buyer's order says 790 and I will take delivery technically next month not sure if it is supposed to go up, but all dealers that gave me a quote gave me the $790 dest fee. Double check but I wouldn't believe is the case yet.
    I had 2 dealers tell me dest/ charge went up. most dealers are on that 790 price.............tks

edited February 2013
    It is $790 on cars on the dealers lot and in transit.
    If Dealers told you $830 than probably it went to $830 on new factory orders.

Usually you can find this information by google since the companies announces it in Advance.
    you mean most not some...........lol

edited February 2013
    Yes most Lol.

Anyways If they increase destination or Invoice going forward then those will be offset by better incentives.
    As of My current need i had the ballpark OTD and I was able to get that. I was satisfied with the local deal. I had slightly better deal outside which I was ready to drive this weekend. Most dealers in our area are not willing to work with you.

It is your choice. The more you wait better the deals will get. If you really want the car right now which was my case then work with target OTD price and close the deal if they come near that figure.

Let me how it worked out. Good Luck.
  • Hey vba123,

How much you paid for Accord LX? Can you please break the prize before the tax? I want to book the deal in this week.

Thanks.
    edited February 2013
    Dont laugh.
    Tonight at 815pm I'm going to call one dealer on my cell phone and try to close the deal with him while driving to another dealership to buy the Accord. I could bet my life that in 30 mins we could make a deal inside that dealership before they close.. There is just to many Accords on these lots in this area..

• Brian,

Right on! I like your style. I bet you get $1500-1800 off of invoice!
    Good luck and report back.
  • BTW

Hyannis is going up $50 tomorrow on all coverages.
    NOT in my area... doc fee's are only 75...so 700 to 800 below invoice is the market if that. dealers that have 15 or 20 of your models would be more inclined to push one off there lot a little cheaper Today. like i've been saying in prior post you have to find that dealer.. i think i'm going to rest my mouth before tonights party..

Correction on last post.... N.Y markets... have been between 400 to 675 below Invoice with doc fee's added to bill of sale..

Plus doc $75 taxes dmv

Tinu Thomas was my salesperson
    Patel is the manager
    Honda of New Rochelle