Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• That's a great price you got it for. I remember ur response to my first post a while back but I was offered 30,796 OTD for exl i4 with navi.. But in the end of negotiations I brought it down to

Price: $27,649.00
    Tax: $1935.43 nj taxes
    Dmv: $301.00
    Doc: $299.00
    Total: $30,184

All in all I feel like it was a great deal and I'm enjoying the new car
  • Truecar us a true rip off! They no longer show the heavy discounters price in any area - typically a $1,000 less! So they made you feel good and True car received $250 to $400 bucks for their "fake" prices.

Yes you received a good price - but you could have gotten a better deal if Truecar actually met the meaning of their name. The only thing they are true to is the CEO of truecar so he can pad his wallet. Your car will last 10 years and a $1000 bucks over ten years is only $100 bucks - but that is your money and that SOB essentially stole it from you. I still can't believe consumer reports uses the service, because as the ceo of Truecar put it in a trade publication a year and a half ago, "we appologize" to all the dealers out there, true car will no longer show the heavy discounted prices so as to not mislead the public (I am adlibbing a bit here). But so you know, always be careful regarding who is "suggesting a price" - especially when it comes to FAKECAR/TRuecar.
  • trusso69trusso69 Posts: 68
    edited March 2013
    i poached this info from one of the Accord geek sites, driveaccord dot net

"for those wondering about February carwoo deals in OH (all prices include doc fee but not tax & title):
    BEST prices from 5 dealers bidding
    LX 20530
    Sport 22083
    EX 22891"

As always, YMMV...Good hunting
  • I still check in here once in awhile to see how prices have fluctuated. I see that prices for my specific EX-L V6 haven't really budged much.

1) When the car is in YOUR driveway with YOUR stuff in the trunk and YOUR family in it, a few hundred here or there won't enter your mind again.

2) Something that satisfied shoppers have in common is that they report that they read each posting on this forum. For months. Like I did. Those poor individuals who stop by this forum ON THEIR WAY to the dealership can't be helped. I paid $1020 under invoice with doc fees included. Something I never would have tried if I hadn't read four or five months of postings here.

3) BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY: Where is Brian125? I look forward to his unspellchecked, ungrammatical post about his buying experience. C'mon man. TELL IT!

Michael
    2013 Accord EX-L V6 Black/Black
    27.33 MPG
    $27192 on 12-28-12
    for poster 28822:
    Have you had any issues with telematics or audio on your EX-L V6?
    There is a TSB out, dated 2 march, for a software update for EX-L and above models (with and without nav). They don't say which VINs are affected but it's probably the early production models. They are supposedly sending letters out to affected owners.
  • Truecar gives people a mathematical illusion. They seem to be showing a bell curve and make you believe the majority of people is playing more than their Estimated Price. In reality, the purchase data is not a normalized distribution as people would conclude from the fake bell curve. There are a lot of people paying at the low end of the price - the data they conveniently skipped. If they would be truthful and show all the data, people would be wondering why they want to pay the Truecar price.

Anyways, from my recent experience of the price of an EX in souther ca, one third of the dealers offer quotes around the Truecar price, One third are higher but could be negotiated to that price. One sixth of the dealers would not match this price and finally one sixth of the dealers will beat this price in various degrees. I am sure most people coming to this forum are not satisfied with the Truecar price and are seeking the prices Truecar does not display in their chart.
  • I agree with your points. I have been following these forums for a while and reading all the discussions (always entertaining btw ) and I set my target price based on what I saw here. I did not aim for the lowest price I have seen here, was ready to pull the trigger for about 200 to 300 more if the transaction could be done quickly without any shenanigans. I am also the kind of person who doesn't care about a few hundred AFTER spending the money.

Also, I have seen you and some other folks posting real world MPGs for these trims in the other thread, which is great. I will join the discussions there soon!

Looks like Brian125 is busy golfing and chilling after closing the deal. His enthusiasm on this forum always kept it interesting.
  • Augcarbuyer,

What a great post! I just hope people read it and understand the Truecar price is not the best they can get. As you indicate there are dealers which will beat the price - and handily. The typical differential which I had calculated on a honda was about $1,100 bucks right after truecar stopped including the wholesale discounters prices about a year ago.

What really bothers me is Consumer Reports (the consumer protector) uses the service which is nothing more than as you point out not "true". Once people believe they have a good deal, $300 bucks isn't a deal closer. But in these fiscal times it should be.
  • My radio has been "staticy" maybe four times in the two months I've had it. I turned off the car and turned it back on and the problem was gone. Once in awhile the bluetooth doesn't "register" with the screens even though the music is playing.

I will not be getting this software update. If you think of how many different types of phones/bluetooth/os are out there, it's a wonder the stereo works at all.

My belief is that this software update will add issues I don't already have.
  • ziggy25aziggy25a Posts: 24
    I got this line from a Honda dealer internet rep. Since I never heard this before, my thinking is this is bull. Does anyone have any hard data or reference to prove this wrong? Or is it instead correct?

"different areas of the United States DO have different pricing. Only 5 states in the US require vehicles to meet the California Emmissions Standards and New York is one of those. Accords are built differently depending on which State they are going to be delivered to and what laws they need to meet and this does affect the invoice pricing."
  • huskerfan5huskerfan5 Posts: 163
    I'm not sure if "different" pricing is the appropriate term to use. I know that states can require certain equipment or modifications. For example, before they became standard equipment in all cars, New York required all new cars to have rear window defoggers.
  • jatanjatan Posts: 92
    edited March 2013
    Honda offers 2 versions: ULEV-2 (most states) and PZEV (Cali-spec states)

When shopping around in other states, you could ask which one the dealer is selling (if you don't know which one you need then see which version a local dealer is selling)

MSRP should be the same for all (I think), but negotiated price difference might be just a little higher for PZEV *if* Honda is selling them to dealers at slightly higher cost than ULEV (shouldn't be a big price difference)

http://automobiles.honda.com/accord-sedan/environment.aspx
    ULEV[2] and PZEV[3]-Rated
    Honda was the first manufacturer to offer Ultra-Low-Emission Vehicle (ULEV)-rated emission technology[2] on a production vehicle. Today, the 2013 Accord offers the even stricter Partial-Zero-Emission Vehicle (PZEV) technology[3].

[2] ULEV-2 (Ultra-Low-Emission Vehicle) models as certified by the California Air Resources Board (CARB).

[3] PZEV (Partial Zero-Emission Vehicle) CVT and V-6 models as certified by the California Air Resources Board (CARB) are available in California and states that have adopted California Zero-Emission Vehicle regulations. CVT and V-6 models in non-CARB states and 6MT models in all 50 states are ULEV-2 (Ultra-Low-Emission Vehicle) certified by the California Air Resources Board (CARB).

According to wiki:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partial_zero-emissions_vehicle
    Originally, vehicles that meet PZEV standards were only available in California, Maine, Massachusetts, New York, Oregon, or Vermont and in Canada— or in some sales regions near these states. These six "clean car states" had implemented California's more stringent motor vehicle pollution control rules. Other states soon began implementing these standards, including Alaska, Connecticut, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Washington, and PZEVs are now widely available in the United States.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,830
    A reporter would like to speak to a recent car buyer who considered a 2013 Toyota Camry, but ultimately went with either 2013 Honda Accord of 2013 Ford Fusion. If you fit this description, and would like to discuss the appeal of either of those cars versus the Toyota model, please send your daytime contact info to pr@edmunds.com no later than noon Pacific, Tuesday, 3/5/13.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• blk_acrd_sprtblk_acrd_sprt Posts: 6
    edited March 2013
    Hi potential/current owners of Accord,

I also purchased a new 2013 Accord Sport CVT about two weeks ago. I went through several dealerships in my area (Chicagoland) and got e-prices from them. Then I stopped by some of the dealerships offered low prices -- always asked if they could or are willing to match the lowest price (21,539) I have from a different dealership.

After 2-3 weeks of researching/negotiating, I got the car for 22,300 including dest. fee (790) and with taxes and other fees, OTD was 24,499.

On a side note, first time I actually went to a dealership on Friday night (closing time), the salesman pushed me REALLY hard to sell the car and gave me 23,500 OTD. At the moment, I wasn't sure if the price was right so I walked away b/c I felt I was being played by his game. The next day I went there again, the salesman couldn't and/or didn't want to honor that price and counter offered me 24,500 OTD. I still regret this now lol. ;)
  • ph3eshph3esh Posts: 1
    What dealer did you end up purchasing from? I am currently shopping the Chicagoland area as well, and that would be very helpful.
  • Any word on new incentives beginning March 5? The 1.9% interest rate expired yesterday, so I was just wondering what, if anything, might replace it.
  • blk_acrd_sprtblk_acrd_sprt Posts: 6
    edited March 2013
    I bought it from Muller Honda in Highland Park. The salesman (Kirt Kim) was very honest and upfront about pricing. He also didn't play game with me. The finance guy wasn't that bad too.
  • jimmytulsajimmytulsa Posts: 48
    edited March 2013
    Starting today it is 0.9% for 36 months. 1.9% for 60 months.
    Please confirm with your dealer.
  • where is this info?
  • vba123vba123 Posts: 30
    Hi mvperez4jesus
    Did you pick up your car? We did.
    My brother went with EX CVT instead of LX.
    I believe it is worth the price difference.
    Seats fabric is better, Doors area has leather like Exl,
    10 way Power Seats (our main reason),sunroof, fog lights, lane watch camera, 17in Alloys instead of 16in And Push Button start.
    My opinion is LX is great value but EX too is great value for the number of features Honda includes with reasonable asking difference.
    Had to re negotiate but the deal was done quick.
    $23100 with Destination
    Plus DMV tags taxes. 1.9% with no down.
  • Not yet, On thursday (if weather allows me to..) i agree with you about the better value on the EX. I like the lane watch camera. Unfortunatelly, i couldn't wait, but my plan was to buy the sport and save an extra 1k plus perhaps extra incentives from Honda (i want to stay in budget for now).

Not sure about pricing, but looks like a great deal too. Did you pick it up yesterday or today?
  • 0.9% & 1.9% CONFIRMED. CHECK HONDA WEBSITE.
  • Voila!
    Enjoy the savings.
    Yesterday. Got 1.9% 60months.
  • Does anyone have any ideas for a protective cover for smart entry system fob that goes with the Accord EX-L? I have not found anything on eBay yet.
  • Did it anyone figured out how much it will be to replace those tires yet? What are the cheapest and more expensive options out there? Just curious and keeping my options open, thanks.
  • I figured this much, thanks.

But, is there a cheaper option??? any other brand or something???

I love how it looks inside, but those tires...u r right, some can send an extra payment to your mortgage every year with that kind of money.
    c'mon dude, click on the "best-seller" tab. There is a Continental for $146 or so. Why are you worrying about this now? I thought you were buying an LX...
    I liked Sport too but chose EX with 17in wheels due to high and frequent replacement cost on 18in Sport wheels. And NY metro area has too many potholes.
    But Sport does have 10 way power seats with lumber which is very useful.
    LX has 6way manual seats with no lumber support.