Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I am getting the LX, is just that I saw it the other day and I thought about upgrading it while at the dealership (depending what they offered it for). But I will see once I am there.
  • mr_numbmr_numb Posts: 7
    edited March 2013
    Bought my 2013 Honda Accord Sport 6MT a couple of weeks ago. How'd I do?

Sticker MSRP: $24,180
    Selling Price: $21,500 (inc. Destination)
    Options: $313 (All-Season Mats, Mud Flaps)

After tax, license, title, document and electronic registration fees, my OTD price was $23,600.

Buying experience was really painless. Got a quote through TrueCar for their "certified" dealer, who was about 50 miles away. Then I asked my local dealer via e-mail if they could provide their quote. I mentioned TrueCar but didn't say what price the other dealer had quoted. My local dealership came back with a quote $500 lower ($21,500). Test drove and took it home a week later.
  • As promised. .. took delivery of my accord today. $20,240 includes destination, No doc fees (waived). Plus PA Taxes. To top it off they gave me a 7yrs Fabric protection included in the price ($300 otherwise). Plus they gave me 1.49% for 60 months. ... yeah! !! :P

All I can say folks, is that God blessed my purchase one more time. Thanks to him and folks like Brian and many others (Incl Isellhondas) I was able to get a super sweet deal.
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Posts: 1,781
    Great!!!!

How does the manual drive?
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Posts: 1,781
    Wow. They are blowing em out the door!

Watch out Camry!
  • trusso69trusso69 Posts: 68
    ref 28851
    Hope you are out driving her in this nicer weather. Did you end up with the basque red/ivory color combo on the LX? Firestone Affinity tires?
    Your price is amazing and the fabric protection just SEALS the deal. ;)
  • Yes red with ivory interior. I picked it up today and not Thursday as originally planned due to the weather. It came with continental tires. Not sure of that brand... my brother told me that he had them before and they were very good. I rotate them every 6k so hopefully they will last.

Very very smooth process to be honest and my salesman was very straight forward. No one, absolutely no one could even matched the deal. So, I am very happy w the purchase. Smooth ride. So hopefully it will last. Anderson Honda from Md. No propaganda in my car. Got a really nice key change.
  • Sorry about the spelling, but this phone and my big hands don't help. As it auto selects the word and I don't even pay attention as I type. Any questions let me know.
  • bob_lobob_lo Posts: 2
    Paid $2779 less than MSRP today on Sport CVT. I was hoping for $3079 off but gave up since i wanted this specific model and color. No trade-in. Plus $200 dealer processing.
    ref 28856
    1. Was the 1.49% loan with AHFC or PenFed?
    2. The Continental tires are better than the Firestone's according to the tirerack surveys:
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ContiProC- ontact&partnum=065HR6CPC&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Honda&auto- Year=2013&autoModel=Accord%20Sedan&autoModClar=LX&tab=Survey

3. I can't get my guy below 20.8k on the LX (for now)...still early
  • bob_lobob_lo Posts: 2
    I was dissapoined to see no "ski-hole" in the rear seat arm rest of the 2013 Accord i bought today. Or as we know it in my family, the hockey stick pass through. This is my 4th Accord and first one not to have it. Congrats to the bean counting genius at honda who came up with this one. I guess that helped to pay the marketing fees to be the official car of the NHL!
    edited March 2013
    They had to cut several items to keep the LX price down. Have you noticed the tiny coin holder slot inside the smallish center console? The glove box light is gone. The tires on the lower end models are nowhere near previous Michelin quality. With all that said, they added hundreds of dollars of techno gear and kept the price at 23.3k for the LX model. Bean counters job well done. Add to that they are discounting them between 2000 and 3000 from MSRP and you have a TRUE bargain; top rated to boot...enjoy your new car!
  • vba123vba123 Posts: 30
    edited March 2013
    Excellent Deal. Congrats. Enjoy the new ride.
    I am glad everything worked out for you.

Did they include fabric protection or you asked for it?
    What was your down payment?
    We did not put down anything so we couldn't negotiate on 1.9% from Honda Financial. On my Odyssey I was able to get 1% better from Chase for putting down 5K.
    But my dealership included free of charge 2yrs Hondacare
    Sentinel Maintance Plan which basically includes Oil changes And warranties the tires. It was advertised for every sales during that weekend. I bought it to my salesperson attention when I saw their newspaper ad at the dealership.

Anyways You did excellent. Enjoy.
    edited March 2013
    I agree. I would prefer Continental over Firestone.
    In my brother EX we got Goodyear I believe it is Assurance What is your opinion on them?

On our 1990 Honda Accord, Original Michelins lasted 70-80k. They were replaced by Highend Goodyears(can't remember which ones) and Goodyears underperformed and lasted less than 50k miles.
  • 1. Originally, it was supposed to be PenFed, but the finance guy said he could match it. But i ended up w wells fargo.

2. I hope they are good and I can keep them for a long time. I don't like the look of them, but if they do their job, I won't care :)

3. Who are u dealing with? And where are located?
  • Thanks.
    As for the fabric protection, the idea was that someone had asked for it but ended up buying it for whatever reason. They claimed it was $300 but included for me as my salesman didn't realized that was already applied when he gave me the quote. So, he said it was my little surprise for me...

I did put little over $7k. So, I am sure that helped somewhat. I was also told once that w my credit, any bank would fight for my business. So, it pays to stay on top of your bills after all....

They offered 3 free oil changes, but unless I am driving in that area (I super highly doubt it)...
    But overall I couldn't do much better at this point. I am sure people would do much better later. So, as time goes by, incentives and perhaps better financing will make sense.

I will post more about my experience and other quotes sometime this week so that it helps anyone on the market now or later.
  • By the way and for the record: No trade in. No, it wasn't a demo car-only 5 miles on it. No damage to the car. As I know some may wonder.

I know someone did close to $300 better than me before (if u include the doc fees as they paid for them). There was a trade involved in that transaction as well. So not sure as how much was the trade really worth.
  • PenFed went up to 1.74% so it was good that the dealer locked me at 1.49% as the way PenFed works is that u get the apr that is in effect at the time you take delivery of the car. So had it not been that the dealership locked me w wells Fargo. I would have ended w a 1.74 or 1.90. So, thank God they honored the rate.

Also, there is blueharbor, which used to do deals for BJS. But they no longer work w them. However, they r independent and are offering as low as 1.55% (though not sure for how many months). Look them up. As I know they used to do that kind of rate for 60months before.

Sam's club has their own thing too and assume Costco and others.
    ref 28862
    There are 2 possible V-rated tires coming standard on the EX model. One is Michelin ($163 on tirerack) and the other is goodyear Assurance fuelmax ($124). They are both acceptable tires for an OEM but IF I had a choice i'd want the michelin. FWIW, in my Ohio area, most EX models have the Goodyear tires.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Assurance+Fu- el+Max&partnum=155VR7AFMV3&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Honda&au- toYear=2013&autoModel=Accord%20Sedan&autoModClar=EX&tab=Survey

I am trying to buy an LX which comes with 16 inch tires that are either Firestone Affinity Touring or Continental ContiproContact (nice name). When my goal was leasing, I wouldn't care about any of this but now that I've decided to buy, it matters a bit more...GL
    You must have had previous 1.49% pre approval from Penfed, they are now 1.74%.
    Putting down over 20-25% with good credit will definitely make banks go after your business.
    Try calling Wells Fargo and Pay thru Auto Pay, some banks give you additional .25% discount.

Your deal is the best I have seen so far on LX CVT.
    I saw Continental Tires on LX CVT that was parked in my area(NYC).
    You probably have to tell salesperson to check their lot. Maybe in East Coast they have those on LX. And Goodyear on EX.

I usually see Continentals on high end models like BMW and Mercedes.
  • I was pre approved and everything but had I tried paying w the PenFed check., I would had to take the new 1.74%. But wells Fargo had no problem doing the 1.49% .
    Thanks for the tip, I wouldn't mind getting an extra .25 off. I will let u guys know if the trick works.
    ref 28869; For tire aficianados:
    Tirerack dot com has all the OEM tires listed for each trim level.
    Prices are before shipping and tax and VARY a lot.

LX: Firestone Affinity Touring or Continental ContiproContact, both ~$106
    EX: Goodyear Assurance Fuelmax ($124); Michelin Primacy MXV4 ($163)
    Sport: Michelin Primacy MXM4 (was $252 in feb; now $189; some people on another Accord geek site were concerned about tire replacement cost for the 18 inch Sport trim. Better trim always costs more ;)

Obviously the sizes are also different (16, 17, 18 inch respectively). i'm not making my buy decision based on tires but it's still good info for those inclined to care...good hunting
  • gee22gee22 Posts: 82
    Hey everyone. I see that someone started a new forum recently on cloth vs leather seats so I suggest a new forum on tires if this is to continue. Let's stay on topic in this one. Thanks
  • jmaxejmaxe Posts: 198
    Just as we'll the fabric protection didn't cost extra 'cause that's about what it's worth.
  • For everyone's reference, recently purchased this car in Southern California

EX-L V6, Auto, Sedan
    Hematite Metallic, Black Interior
    No add-ons
    price was $27,630 (before TTL)
  • sonipsonip Posts: 2
    That's a good price, is destination included in that price?
  • jsmith40jsmith40 Posts: 3
    The bean counters took away some very cheap but necessary items from the LX. Items that the competition have had for years. To me, if you add some items but take away others that is just wrong. Nobody would care if the car listed for $100 more ,keep the folding rear seat and glove box light, or put a trunk pass through, heck you can get these on a car costing $16,000. This is going backwards in technology and looking cheap. Another example, put a power drivers seat in your LX if you want to compete with the Camry.
  • 74357435 Posts: 39
    Has anyone in colorado been able to buy a 2013 honda accord exl 4 or 6 cyl or crv awdfor a good discount under msrp.
    to me a god discount is 4, 000 under msrp. thanks
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc SoCalPosts: 436
    I recommend you read the previous month or so posts in this discussion - haven't seen anything close to 4k discounts on the new accord - probably not for awhile yet. You probably could check the crv discussions for that model.