Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• anagoreeanagoree Posts: 8
    do you need to provide VIN number for CR report? How did you manage to reserve Accord for that VIN number from the dealer when you was waiting for CR report?
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,432
    you are correct. you could get that deal on your own.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

CR REPORTS,

Save your money. Look on Edmunds Web site...... New car prices for the make and model your looking for. Msrp and invoice pricing on all vehicles are listed. Other sites are KBB.com/ MSN Auto/ AOL Auto and Yahoo auto

No Vin number is needed to buy CR pricing report just your 14 dollars.

• huskerfan5huskerfan5 Posts: 163
    It's been fifteen years since I ordered a report from CR but I believe they include dealer holdback as well as current dealer incentives.

I have found KBB to be more accurate than Edmunds.
  • jimmytulsajimmytulsa Posts: 48
    edited March 2013
    Brian,

Yeah, EX-L CVT needs better speakers and system. Need a Acura or Lexus...for premium sound? Did seriously look at the C300 but the V6, premium gas and reliability kept me away.

Are you using real gas or gas with corn on the cob (ethanol)?

Bought 8yrs/120K miles $100 deduct HondaCare from Hyannis for $970. Wonder if it is the lowest price?? Has a 60 day buyers' remorse clause.
  • Just purchased a new Accord Touring in Northern Joisey, $30,677 including destination charge + $650 doc&DMV fees= $31,327

Best price from about 6-8 dealers canvassed in the region
    Honda has upgraded the radio in the pilot.
    I think if honda gets enough complaints about the system they may upgrade.

I call this growing pains 1st yr... stepping up to the big boy table. Hope honda builds on this first yr.
    I'd like to see a electric sun shade for back window
    remove that stupid parking brake from center console
    Upgrade change stereo along with a few other little changes.

Overall honda did a very good job on this 1st yr model for the price..

• jatanjatan Posts: 92
    Honda Care is a good decision since the 2013 is a first year redesign. It will have problems down the road and it'll take Honda a while to come out with fixes (TSBs), but you're probably better off with a zero deductible plan. $100 deductible for a repair here and there will eventually add up for 8 yrs/120k miles -- paying the extra ~$100 upfront is worth it for a zero deductible plan (1 repair under the extended warranty and you break even)

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Honda/Accord/
    2003 redesign, complaints jumped
    2008 redesign, complaints jumped

Similar for the Civic's 2001 & 2006 redesigns
  • seanh2oseanh2o Posts: 27
    Feel good with the purchase today in Orange County, CA for 2013 Accord EX.

Targeted the best price (22695) and walked out with 22552. OTD was 25k.

Interesting thing was my sales rep came back with 22866 but actually gave me more discount. I later found out during the signing time (when bunch of plans and warranties are presented). I didn't mention anything until I got my key and later thanked my sales person. He told me he wanted to give me a break for my warranty or protection plan, but he has never seen anyone just walk out not purchasing even the gap protection plan. It felt good and was the first time in my life that someone volunteered to give more discount.

I think realistically one should target 23000. I did return leased 2010 Civic, which I owed 600 dollars for bumper damage. They also had lease return coupon for 200 (just returning) and 500 (return and new purchase/lease).

Thanks to all posted.
  • evped2evped2 Posts: 21
    Wow, great price. I paid 22,700 for my EX with a manual transmission. The CVT is about $800 more. If I knew that, I may have sprung for the automatic for about the same price.
  • huskerfan5huskerfan5 Posts: 163
    Good luck with the car. Curious, though. You leased and didn't get gap insurance? I believe it is optional with Toyota and Nissan (just another item to negotiate) but I thought it was included with Honda Finance leases. Is that not the case, or did you use a third party leasing company? btw, your are taking a fairly substantial risk going without gap coverage. Since you are already out the door, you could probably negotiate a pretty low premium at this point.
  • Galpin Honda, Mission Hills, CA
    2013 Accord EX-L V6 without Navi.
    MSRP: $30,070 plus $790 Destination for a total of $30,860.
    Invoice is $28,292
    Edmund's True Market Price is $28,594
    My Sales Price was $27,600, so $3,260 below MSRP including Destination, and $692 below Invoice.

Add the following fees and taxes:
    Admin: $80
    Title: $108.75
    Lic Fee: $209
    Sales Tax: $2,491.20

Equals gross sale price of $30,488.95

Thanks for help all. Love the suggestions and advice received from these forums. Heck, even getting the Warranty from Saccucci Auto Group on the East Coast.
  • seanh2oseanh2o Posts: 27
    edited March 2013
    I actually purchased/financed it through honda finance without no down payment. The gap insurance was optional but really strongly recommended. The sales couldn't believe I didn't get it. I did my calculations and it wasn't worth it. :)

The gap insurance started at 750 then came down to 400 something... but I still said no ...

I am considering to get the extended warranty .. shopping around ..
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Posts: 1,682
    $28,000 flat + ttl.

Really wanted that color, and they had to do a dealer trade to get it.

Overall I'm satisfied with the deal (got c. $2800 off list) and love the car.
  • milan120milan120 Posts: 4
    Gap insurance at some point should become part of an insurance package...If you finance thru State Farm they offer it free- but their rate was 2.9% versus 1.9% at Honda...So somehow they get their money...
  • janreivjanreiv Posts: 6
    edited March 2013
    I live in North Florida and I just got offered $21,079 for the Sedan Accord CVT sport in white. The dealer fee is lowest out of all 5 Honda dealers in my city which is 559 where as competitors are 899 is this a steal of a deal? Should we be satisfied? Going to the dealer for test drive in an hour at 3 pm eastern time thanks you guys!
  • jim1462jim1462 Posts: 40
    Who is the dealer that you puchased in N. Fla.
    edited March 2013
    $1850 below invoice...Its a great deal. I'm including $790 destination in my calculation. Try to eliminate or reduce the bogus dealer fee.

If things don't work out wait until the last 2 days of the month. Good luck.
    Coggin Honda of Jacksonville, we bought a car from them before and so we told then to price match and make them stay with them as another dealer was offering better so in turn they offered this price.
    edited March 2013
    After test driving and negotiating on a 2013 Honda Accord Sport (MSRP 24,980), we just walked out on a $20,880 price point, granted the total out the door would have been $24,678. The offer is still available but I know not for long. Please help in figuring out if this is a good price.. they gave a $4105 discount yet would not budge on taking out the dealer installed options such as splash guards, wheel locks, and digital tinting and pinstripe. They didn't have the color we wanted so they asked for a $500 refundable deposit to go and retrieve the color, should we call them back and sign or is $24,678 OTD still to high, my wife wants $24,500 are we crazy? Mind you these numbers are all out the door final prices. Please help as I feel time is running out, I believe this is a steal of a deal but she doesn't.
  • trusso69trusso69 Posts: 68
    edited March 2013
    IMO, you are crazy to pay that much for an LX CVT. total out-the-door should be closer to 22.5k for that model (22.0k has been posted here from an OH deal), unless you value splash guards, wheel locks, and digital tinting and pinstripe at such a high premium, which is laughable.

MSRP including destination $23,270.00
    Weymouth Sale Price $20,692.91 (range in this forum is 20.2 - 21.0)
    start at 20.7k and work your way up after tax and dmv...
    This is for the Sport Model, NOT the LX.. so with that said is it good?
  • Provide detailed breakdown of your $24,678 number. Any trade in?
  • trusso69trusso69 Posts: 68
    edited March 2013
    The Sport CVT is very popular because you get the power seat and the impressive 18 inch wheels and Michelin tires with black-only interior color options. With a MSRP of 25.0, the best price i have is 22.5 (in OH) before tax and dmv fees. If you can get that one o-t-d for 24.5k, then that is a good deal. I don't know Florida tax and DMV but i do know that they TRY to get people on the optional doc fee:
    FL average $610 range $0 to $998 truth: No cap or rules
    good luck
    I have been aggressively haggling the price down from 23,980 to getting price quotes from the 4 other honda dealers in my area and asking the dealer to beat the price. I even used the truecar.com price to get me leverage, finally we came into the dealer with an agreement of $21,079 we got their and my wife wanted lower and so we got it down to $20,880 discount was like previously said brought down to $4105 but then they added the dealership installed accessories which included, the $998 pro package which entailed anti wheel locks, splash guards, and cargo tray. Then they added a digital tint fee of $299, and finally added the pinstripe fee. Which read out to be $22K after dealer accessories, with that said the tax was calculated from that and price was given at a total of $24,678 out the door. Many factors leading to this price was the lowest dealer fee in my area of $559 and then a $250 discount coupon (a promo offered just for registering to their website) and finally I told them we were returning customers in which brought us to our price. I hope that breaks it down for you.
  • not to sound like a car buyer expert myself, but i think you can do a little bit better than that. 24678 out of the door on a sedan sport i assumed? i was offered 25200 out of the door for a EX coupe CVT tranny, white with ivory interior, dealer throws in an all season mats too.
    edited March 2013
    Seems to me there is $1120 worth of dealer fluff. The accessories if you really want them are worth $300 to $400. If you can live without that stuff, find another car because the dealer is distracting you. Or wait until Friday March 29th. Get rid of that $559 fee. So you see how a great price of $20880 eventually becomes inflated.

Negotiate on the total OTD price and then add TTL.
    Waiting for the 29th will cause the dealer to drop the dealership fee?
  • it seems like you really like the car a lot. however, keep in mind that when you go hunt for a vehicle, you have to be discipline. buying a car is not like buying a home, car value drops every day. waiting until 29th might not cause the dealer to drop the doc fee, but it will definitely save you a few hundreds.
    edited March 2013
    For my car, I negotiated the OTD price, added TTL (constant). No nickel and dime crap, accessories or dealer fee.

If you want accessories, negotiate that in the OTD price. At all times keep your eye on the OTD price and then add the constant TTL.

Not a plug but try these for accessories to gauge pricing:
    accessories-Honda.com
    Hondapartsdeals.com
    Collegehillshonda.com