Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jahbone9jahbone9 Posts: 2
    I just cut a deal for an EX-L 4cyl CVT for $27,000 OTD. This number includes taxes (Maryland 6%) and also the throwaways.....wheel locks, splash guards, etc.

I would think that $25,000 plus the VA 3% isn't out of the ballpark. However, I did try a dealer in Fairfax, VA and they wouldn't come lower than 28,343 6%MD included.
  • darbebodarbebo Posts: 10
    From what I was reading on another forum, the 2013 suffers from wind noise on the passenger + driver side window, as if the sealant/foam wasn't tight enough esp when driving on freeway.

Does anyone have this problem?

And also, seems like this is the first year honda rolls out with CVT and people are suggesting to go get some warranty for the electronics failure down the road since this is their first model of the cycle.

Bigger question: Should we wait for 2014 model esp since it's only 3-4 months away?
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 3,204
    My EXL v-6 has no wind noise. This is my 5th honda. This Accord seems to be the best one yet. Honda did go cheaper on the front struts, why i dont know.

2014 model wont be out til late in the yr. The hybrid model might be out by summer.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• ziggy25aziggy25a Posts: 24
    Some clarifications to your post

If you read the discussion of the wind noise, it only affects SOME (not many) of the 2013's, and it is corrected by a published Service Bulletin at the dealer. Quite likely a fix has already been done at the factory by now, so that the dealers don't have to repair this for more recent factory output. So this problem, in time, should be a non issue.

Next you say that this is the "first year" that Honda has rolled the CVT. Honda has been making CVTs for many years with no major issues. This is the first year the CVT had been added to the Accord, but not for Honda, as you stated.

Lastly as the other poster pointed out, the 2014s are not 3-4 months away, but instead about 7 months away. When they come out, the pricing (as with any new model year) will initially be high.

The 2014's will undoubted have cars with their own minor correctable issues as well, which also will be discussed in forums later this year.
  • jatanjatan Posts: 92
    Getting a new car just b/c your car squeaks in turns? Seems like you're looking for an excuse to buy a new car =P

Most likely your suspension is worn out or the front strut bearings -- it could also be a ball joint or one of the control arm/sway bar/end link bushings

Have your car checked out first to see what actually needs to be done before going out and buying a new car...
  • okaniokani Posts: 20
    4 cylinder BMW 328 or 338 would kick butt off any V6 accord, I love the experience of BMW, but I can't afford having one long term so I bought 2009 Accord EX-L V6, replaced OEM tires (they were crap) on Ultra High Performance All Season Bridgestone, went plus 0 size from 225/50R17 to 235/50R17 - but believe me, I can only try to believe that it is the same handling and driving as BMW, but I know that any 4 cylinder BMW will pick up faster than Accord V6, I have same cornering and response due to my wider tires but loosing mpg because of that, and Accord still takes a second to pick up when you need to change lanes unlike BMW that does it right away, also when you have to make a stop, Accord tilts front and in BMW you seat unchanged, unless it is an emergency break. Remember, V6 will just give you a power to pick up and definitely will help to join highways, but won't give you the same acceleration as BMW. One day, when my kids will graduate a college - I'll jump back to BMW.
  • huskerfan5huskerfan5 Posts: 163
    darbebo, please start your own forum for your concerns. This is a Prices Paid/Buying Experience forum.
    Thanks
  • This is pretty savvy advice from Brian but, I would add Route 22 Honda & DCH Paramus. Weymouth gave me a slightly better price but, couple 100 miles away.
    I got the best TOTAL price for our Accord Touring in our region.
    Paragon??? Count your fingers afterward if you shake hands!
  • Are doc fee's really that high up north? Around here there only 120-150
  • I agree with you about the accessories, I wouldn't take a car with $700 in add-ons unless they were free or discounted quite a bit.

But those protection packages or the "first place finish" is great, I don't understand why everyone thinks it's so bad...the dealer isn't always out to get the customer. If you ever do ANYTHING to your fabric/leather,spill a drink,tear or rip the fabric, etc.(and we all do it) the dealership takes care of it! The same goes for your exterior paint. I hear so many people say that they like beige or gray interior but need to get black because of coffee or what their kids spill. The "first place finish", just like a warranty is $11 a month if your term is 60, its $10 and below if your term is longer.

I guess I'm just saying for that price when I buy a new car, which will be soon... I want that protection package
  • jahbone9jahbone9 Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    2013 Accord EX-L without Nav, with wheel locks, splash guards and edge guards

I only contacted two dealers via internet. I had already test drove. I negotiated an OTD price of $27,000 PERIOD with one of the two. That includes TTL (6%MD), the whole nut. the other dealer was ~$1300 higher OTD.
    Went in today to do the paperwork, put up with the usual upsale stuff...protections, accessories. No, thank you. They tried to stick me for an extra $500 at the table. I replied that the deal was the deal. I pulled out a bank draft that was valid for a maximum amount of $27,000 and told them that was it (very effective tool). I was prepared to walk out and I wasn't going to budge off the number we negotiated yesterday. Here is the exact order breakdown:
    Retail Price $24,207.22
    Freight $790.00
    Sub Total $24997.22
    Titling Tax/Reg $144.00
    Electronic Reg Fee $20.00
    Sales and Use Tax 1511.78
    License Fee $128.00
    Dealer Processing $199.00
    Total OTD $27,000
    I was in at 11AM and out by 12:30, with a short test drive included. I'm satisfied with the deal. Hope this info helps someone.
  • Though maybe not as good of a deal as previous poster I am happy with the deal I got today. I am in a small town with small dealers and while I could drive several hours to larger dealers who offer lower prices I choose to stay local. I had previous been offered 26,500 on the 2013 Accord EX-L and that seemed to be as low as they would go but today when I dealt with them they went down to 26,300. After seeing that this was there bottom dollar and they weren't budging I asked if they would throw in the all season mats and nitrogen for the tires. They agreed. They told me they weren't really making any money off of my purchase but knew I was a loyal service customer.
    MSRP $28,785
    My price including destination fee & accessories added: 26,300
    Dealer Doc Fee $85
    TT&L 1587
    Total OTD: $27,972
  • Got an offer for 25,000 out the door. Is it a good deal?
    doc fee's are only 75 in N.Y. In new jersey they range from 249 to 499 depending on dealership.

• Geezer,

See my message #27892 for the deal I got on the 2013 EX-L V6 no nav at the end of December from Vandergriff Honda, salesman Danny Oestreicher. I would also try Honda of Burleson (lifetime powertrain warranty) and Huggins Honda salesman Forrest Clark. I called all the dealers in the DFW area, named my price, and only a few dealers would work with me. Most chuckled and said, “If you can get that price, buy two.” I said, “Thank you very much, here’s my number, call me if you can meet my price.”
  • wap7wap7 Posts: 2
    What price is best for Accord sport CVT in PA/NJ state? I have a quote for 24369 OTD.
  • hp2326hp2326 Posts: 12
    Hi..
    Can anybody please tell me the invoice price for the EX CVT model. Also please post your out of the door Price including everything in nj.. what should be my target price including everything (all taxes and fees)..
  • tyc1tyc1 Posts: 3
    edited March 2013
    The one with the color we really wanted had some dealer-installed options ($300 more; mud guards, side strips, wheel locks, etc.), and the 6.5% Ad Valorem tax in Georgia was a little bit higher than expected ($120 more; probably based on invoice, not actual sales price). So, we had to pay $420 more ($22,200 in total; driveout price). The dealer is located in north Atlanta (they really don't want us to post the dealer name), and the next best offer from another dealer in the same area was $22,500 (same dealer-installed options+cargo tray).
    edited March 2013
    Invoice price w/ dest charge= $ 24,037

this is a good deal and a good starting point on pricing.

Sale price................. 22,837.. 1200 below invoice price
    doc fee's n.j................299
    dmv fee........................300....estimate
    tire fee...........................12.50=.......................$23448.50 before tax
    Add N.J tax.... on to sale price and doc fee's.. DMV and tire fee charge you add onto after taxes for total OTD price.

Call................... Autosport doc's= 299.......... Hamilton doc fees= 249, Paul Miller doc=299 on the last day march 30th and make your offer. along with your other dealerships that are close to your house.

Congrats on your purchase princess. Just know the "we aren't making any money on this deal" is a very common dealer BS line. It is certain that they did make money on your purchase. They aren't running a charity there. Another dealer who was asking $1000 more than my lowest offer tried to tell me that she wasn't making money at that inflated price. Dealers will tell you anything. There isn't an occupation I respect less than car salespeople.
    ziggy
    Is drug dealer and pimp right above the car-salesman on your occupational list.

• hp2326hp2326 Posts: 12
    You forgot to add destination fee which i believe $790.00.. I ask the dealer $25400.00 out the door price. Do you think that's a proper price i am asking. Also i am financing with $5000.00 down. How should i approach the negotiation?
    edited March 2013
    it's a coin toss. I think those other occupations are much more truthful than car salesmen.

I don't think a drug dealer on the planet ever tried to convince their customer that they weren't "making any money on this sale" when they knew they were.

I've never seen a profession like car sales where lying (or half truths) are part of their every day mode of business.
    edited March 2013
    My price is correct.. i took the invoice price of your model plus dest fee then minused $1200
    Remember doc fee's are dealers added profit. when you subtract 300 to 400 in doc fee's your buying vehicle at 8 and 900 below invoice.
    this is a good starting point for the end of the 1st quarter and the last day of this month. Start your negotiations on Friday the 29th buying on the 30th. If a dealer meets your price on the 29th be prepared to buy it.

Call and email as many dealers on the 29th telling each dealership you buy at this price. be firm dont give in.
    If your buying in N.Y. doc fee's are $75. Start at 875 or 975 below invoice price. There are forum members who recieved close to 1000 below.. off your model last month..

edited March 2013
    i get what your saying.

If a hooker says 100 dollars you know what your getting.

If a saleman tells you 20,000 not only is that number incorrect but they dont have your car either. Oh you said black car.... Thats extra........lol

LET me speak to my manager..

• pulsepspulseps Posts: 1
    i want to buy accord sedan sport or ex which not decided yet, need to see physically both to get one.
    need remote start and no other accessoreis.

How much should i pay for 4 cylinder live in NJ
    sport with remote
    ex with remote

my dealline to buy vehicle is before may 14.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Posts: 2,797
    i want to buy accord sedan sport or ex which not decided yet, need to see physically both to get one.
    need remote start and no other accessoreis.

How much should i pay for 4 cylinder live in NJ
    sport with remote
    ex with remote

my dealline to buy vehicle is before may 14.

If you were on "The Price is Right" the only sure way to get something without paying too much is to offer $1.

Anything else, you will need to do your homework. If you are unwilling to do your homework, you can pay someone, like a buying service to do it your self, which will most likely negate any savings. Alternative to that is to read the few hundred posts on here and make your own conclusion what you should be paying.

If you want me or someone else to tell you the exact number, I will send you a paypal invoice for a $100, once the payment clears, I will e-mail you with the range of offers you should be submitting.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Posts: 2,797
    And also, seems like this is the first year honda rolls out with CVT and people are suggesting to go get some warranty for the electronics failure down the road since this is their first model of the cycle.

Honda's first CVT appeared in 1996 Honda Civic HX. Hardly first year of Honda CVT.
  • jimmytulsajimmytulsa Posts: 48
    edited March 2013
    READ this forum for the last 3 months. No free lunch.