Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• vluuvluu Posts: 100
    Funny you mentioned that you said they mentioned black was the "hot" color. They told me that "Grey" was the hot color. They have neither color so maybe that's why they said it was hard to get and the "hot" color.

Pohanka offered me the same price you mentioned but they did not have my exterior grey with grey interior in stock. To get me that color, they said it would be an extra $300. Pohanka is also an hour and half from my home so that's they are not my first choice.

Pohanka was however very easy to work with and I liked their "to the point" offer. Not a lot of games and did most of the talk through email and briefly talked to the sales person on the phone towards the end. There offer was very good but I'm in no rush to buy and trying to hold out to save a couple more hundred if possible. Still looking for an offer for under $25K including freight.

This afternoon I got another offer for $24,150 + $790 freight. I'm waiting to see if they can get me the color combo. It beats Pohanka's deal that I was offered this morning.
  • tjolkotjolko Posts: 13
    I didn't think we were in a rush to buy, but my wife caught the new car bug and couldn't wait. Best of luck with your search for that perfect combo. Let us know what you finally do when you make the deal.
  • liamocliamoc Posts: 1
    I am a newbie on this website so any help would be appreciatted. I am lookin to get a 2013 Accord exl V6/navigation. What has been the best price someone has bought this vehicle for?
    How do you get a dealer below invoice? Has anybody been able to get this OTD for under 30,000?

Thank You all
  • Hey brian125,

Yesterday I went to a Honda dealership and I wanted to buy 2013 Honda EXL V4 without any option and we expect to pay 24000 to 25000 out of the door. The car salesman said it's an unrealistic number and there's no way I can have that price for an EXL V4 any where. So what is a "realistic" number for this model?

I also have a co-sign but he will be out of town on April 28, so I want to seal the deal and have him sign docs on the 27 (since 28 is Sunday and dealership doesn't work on Sun). As you said that make the offer on 30 but that would be difficult for me. Can I seal the deal?
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,461
    Liamoc
    Read back prior posts from Jan to April to get idea's on how people buy and what prices they paid . Then ask your question.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

Junior,
    Same post as above would apply. Read thru board and see what others in your area have paid for your make and model. Read my prior postings from Jan.. I have not been following the board on prices this past month. Here is what i would suggest from many years of experience.
    My buying numbers might be off but you could always adjust it to market value in your state or boardering states..

Research as many dealerships as possible. check there inventory for your make and model. Call every dealership on the day before you want to buy and let each dealership Internet Manager know that for xxx price you buy today.Dealers answer is Yes or no/ give me your closest price to mine for consideration / them move on to your next call. these calls are 5 min calls with a yes or no. If any one cant give you a straight answer hang up and move on. This is a quick process about price and buying that moment.. Your putting each dealership on the spot that moment for the sale..You have the buying leverage. End of month........... dealers know they have one shot at your business with calls like this.

Most people cant buy cars by phone so if you fall into that category you need to call dealerships first then visit as many as you can on your buying day. with your co signer.
    I think your buying numbers are to low
    26,399 invoice with dest/ charge
    My numbers could be off . Start at 1200 below invoice price on your model.
    High doc fee's cut into your below invoice price take them into consideration.
    Feb 28th, i bought exl V-6 for.......... 775 below invoice price.

Read thru the boards you will do just fine.......

Brian

• Hey Brian,

Thanks for your post. I have that number in mind when I went to the car dealership because last year, my friend bought a 2012 Accord SE with invoice 27000. After several days sitting in the dealership for several hours a day, he finally got it at 22000 out of the door. So I guess I could get the same with that price.

So the salesman said the invoice 24,200 is the "rock bottom" add handling charge is $790. With tax (6.25%) and doc fee and everything will be estimated about $2000. The out of the door price is about $27,000. I've seen other posts saying they get the car about $26,100 with 3% so I can figure that mine should be about $26,900 to $27,100. But I'm not sure if that is the best I can get if sit around there enough...
    Unless my numbers are wrong on your model EXL 2.4 no nav is
    26,399 - 1200= 25,199, plus doc's, dmv fee's, and taxes.

• Uhm... well I guess I have to go with another option then. I was thinking to go with CPO and I heard that you can't negotiate the price like a new car. I think CPO makes more sense than the new car since you drive the new baby out of the parking lot, the car itself already lost $2,000 to $3,000 of the value. It would be great if I can find CPO forum in edmunds here...
  • jatanjatan Posts: 92
    There's no v4 -- its either i4 or v6 =P

2012 Accord SE retail was $24800 w/ dest fee and invoice was $22800 w/ dest fee so $22k OTD is possible since the 2012 was the last year of that model

The 2013 is a recent redesign plus it has pretty good reviews so no need for Honda to offer big incentives, but you should be able to get it below invoice (how far below invoice depends on your area and how far you're willing to go to buy it in another area)

2013 EXL i4 CVT: $28,785 retail w/ dest & $26,399 invoice w/ dest
    2013 EX i4 CVT: $26,195 retail w/ dest & $24,037 invoice w/ dest
    2013 Sport i4 CVT: $24,980 retail w/ dest & $22,929 invoice w/ dest

If the EXL is out of your budget then go for the EX or sport -- you should be able to buy all of them under invoice (read the last few pages to find the lowest prices people paid)

There's no point in sitting around at a dealership for hours -- you can handle everything by email and then just go in to do the paperwork

Get online quotes from dealers in your area and from dealers in other areas if you're willing to travel -- tell them exactly which car and options you want, ask for the price with dest fee included and ask how much their doc fee is. Once you have pricing info from a bunch of dealers then you'll know the lowest price in your area. After that you can reply back telling them the lowest price you got was $$$ and ask if they can beat that price OR reply back with the price you're willing to pay "the most I'm willing to pay is $$$, let me know if you can make that happen before the end of the month, thank you"

I think CPOs are overpriced if you're buying a car that's known to be reliable -- I would rather just buy a regular used car and keep the money I saved on the side for repairs if they come up. Yes new cars do lose value after you buy them, but if you buy them at a good price and plan to keep the car for a while then the hit isn't that bad. Most people who don't know how to negotiate and buy cars at or near retail price get screwed the most along with people who like to switch cars every few years
  • Yes $1200 below invoice is good starting point or little bit lower on that.Got mine for $25203 but its a lease.
  • cob2cob2 Posts: 9
    This is the price I arrived at in the Sacramento area:

26.465 (v6 exl) This incl the $500 finance or lease.
    Also, incl mud/mats/locks, dest, all misc charges...
    Doesn't incl tax and lic.
    All the local dealers said they would match the price. Some were nicer than others. If I buy I'll prob buy local so the local part of the sales tax stays in my community. Then again, if they're not nice or too high in price I won't...

Love the look of the new Accord, other things not so much compared to my 06 Avalon. I don't like the 2013 Avalon. I may buy a used 2012 Avalon, my 06 body style w/ few updates... I felt I arrived at a good price w/o leaving too much on the table for the Accord. That said I just couldn't see giving up my Avalon/Limited, which is prob worth 14K (90K miles 100K warranty). I just wasn't excited enough about the Accord/deal/new car. When and if my Avalon gives me problems I'll likely be back to the Accord, but for now I'll just keep my Avalon. Thanks all for your posts/info...
  • i'm looking to purchase a new 2013 honda accord, ex-l w/nav. I live in NJ and am looking for some guidance on the best deal I should expect to pay. Also, I am looking to purchase this in full upfront, does that typically help or hurt me as I'm sure the dealership would rather me lease or finance.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Posts: 2,803
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for your post. I have that number in mind when I went to the car dealership because last year, my friend bought a 2012 Accord SE with invoice 27000. After several days sitting in the dealership for several hours a day, he finally got it at 22000 out of the door. So I guess I could get the same with that price.

So the salesman said the invoice 24,200 is the "rock bottom" add handling charge is $790. With tax (6.25%) and doc fee and everything will be estimated about $2000. The out of the door price is about $27,000. I've seen other posts saying they get the car about $26,100 with 3% so I can figure that mine should be about $26,900 to $27,100. But I'm not sure if that is the best I can get if sit around there enough...

2012 Accord was the outgoing model, before the redesign, there was marketing support from Honda. That is the best time to buy a Honda.

If you want the same deal on the New Accord, you will have to wait until 2017, when the New Accord comes out. Honda operates on 4 year cycles, with a mid-model refresh after 2 years.

Luckily, you may find a dealer with a left over 2012, that is either undesireable color or combination of features. You can probably negotiate a good deal on it.

Edit: When you tell the dealer you want "Accord V4" it just rings the bell in his head that he can sell you a bridge. Educate your self before you step your foot into a dealership.
    edited April 2013
    You should finance a part of the car so you take advantage of the 500 dollars incentive from honda. You could pay of the loan the next month. Today is the last day of the month. A great time to buy a vehicle... Call or visit as many dealerships with your asking price today.

Take your models invoice price and subtract 1200 off that and make your best deal by tonight. If your not buying today wait til the last days of May to buy this vehicle. Read thru prior postings to get a idea on pricing and dealerships and buying methods.. The n.y/ n.j. area is not selling as low as some other states so make your best deal between $1200 and 800 below invoice price on any model.

Your in New jersey Call Coast Honda in Sea girt N.j. Internet mgr. i think is Chris. Tell him and every dealership you call or visit That

For $1200 below invoice you buy today....Good luck

• what is the best price for Honda Accord LX in MD/VA/DC area?
  • rkollarkolla Posts: 3
    Hey folks,

I have bought a 2013 Accord LX CVT Modern Steel Metallic for an OTD price of $22275 (includes Wheel locks, All season floor mats, & splash guards).

Dealer Name - Team Honda
    Location - Lithia Springs, Georgia

No other dealer in Atlanta are could beat this price..

I had a very smooth negotiation and am happy with the purchase. :)

ram
    edited April 2013
    Read thru these boards.. Do your own homework/??? . Take what you get from this forum and apply it to your buying experience. If your to lazy to read back 3 months and educate yourself with pricing and dealerships You will get eaten by the Wolf.

College park Honda...in M.d. Might be worth calling today for the sale.

Good luck

• cfreniacfrenia Posts: 2
    Hi all-
    I am looking at leasing an Accord EX for 36 months, 12k per year. Below is the price quote I received from Burns Honda in Marlton, NJ.

MSRP - $26,195
    Sales price - $24,775
    Acq Fee - $595
    Taxes, tags, NJ registration - $567

$1,000 down. They are also buying back my 2011 CRV for the amount that I still owe. I have 8 payments left. He is giving me monthly payments of $339. Does that sound right? Is it a good deal? I think I can do better but it sounds like he is at his "bottom".

Thanks.
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc SoCalPosts: 436
    Someone on this board recently got a great price from pohanka in Fredericksburg - I think it was around 1400 below invoice - look back through the last couple weeks posts and you will see it.

Hope this helps.

Bill G
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc SoCalPosts: 436
    A recent poster stated he leased an EX for 260 a month with only first payment due at signing - it depends on how the sales tax is handled in your location versus his. Your quote sounds high.
  • gastromdgastromd Posts: 5
    Hi, this sounds like a relatively bad deal, please see my recent post in the Accord leasing experience forum. A couple days ago I leased a 2013 Accord EX for $260/month with absolutely nothing down (except first month's payment). This was in Mass, where sales tax = 6.25%. Good luck!
  • Thank you very much. One question, when you say, 1200 off the invoice price, does that include taxes and fees?
    no

• anthony212anthony212 Posts: 13
    edited May 2013
    Hey, I'm curious did you lease the Coupe or sedan? I'm in NY and looking to lease a 2013 Accord EX-L I4, and just looking around at the prices. I've been emailing dealerships, but they don't like to email me back. I can't call since I've been way to busy lately.
    edited May 2013
    I have been reading this forum for the last month or so and it was extremely helpful. For those who want the best deal, do your homework and read through each post so you understand and know what deals are out there.

I bought 2013 EXL i4 CVT yesterday on the last day of the month and I think I got the best deal so far that I have read thus far.

2013 EXL i4 CVT: ($28,785 retail w/ dest) & ($26,399 invoice w/ dest )

My deal and breakdown:

$24,865 includes Desination + 399 Processing + 795 Tax + 62 Title/ Tags - $500 Flex Cash

OTD $25,621

I wanted the Modern Steel Metallic color but they didn't have it and would only give me this deal for an EXL in stock. My second choice was Metallic Silver and they had it. When I asked them to throw in the All Season Mats ($142 value) with the deal, they agreed. It was an hour drive to Pohanka Honda in Fredicksburg VA but it was worth it for the deal. I was in and out in 1.5 hours. There was no trade involved and did finance for 3 years to get the .9%.

Pohanka was great to work with and there were no "surprises". I would highly recommend them, they are very upfront and honest. No games played. I went to Dulles Honda and they quoted me an OTD price and then when I got there, they bumped it up $1,100 with appearance packages + etc. I walked out, absolutely terrible and they totally lost my business with that kind of dishonesty.

Best of luck everyone!
  • sanfromvasanfromva Posts: 11
    Hi, Can you please share how did you negotiate this deal? Did you call, email or simply walk-in. Did your package include mud guards and wheel locks? Thanks.
    No wheel locks or mud guards included. They don't accessorize their cars which I prefer b/c I rather not get what I don't need.

I submitted an online request for a quote and was contacted by the internet sales person. They gave me a quote in an email which was around $26,100 OTD. Because I wanted the Metallic Grey and they didn't have it. I just held out. I know that one other person in the DC area got $25,800, that was the magic # I wanted to pay OTD. Two days ago, I got an email saying they would offer me the $500 Flex Cash so that sealed the deal after they threw in the mats.

It was almost too easy. I think Pohanka knows that people do their homework and they just want your business. I found their approach honest and up front. Way I see it, here's my price I want and if you can't sell it to me, just tell me so I can move on. Hope that helps and good luck. I think I got the extra $500 b/c of the end of the month sale. Not sure if that will work now since we are in May.
  • jatanjatan Posts: 92
    $500 flex cash is for financing with Honda
  • gastromdgastromd Posts: 5
    Hi, I leased the EX 4-door sedan. It may be harder to get a good deal now that it is May 1st so if you can hold out until late in the month, it might be better. I like to stick with email initially, I think it puts you in a better negotiating position. If they don't email you back it would raise questions in my mind as to how motivated they really are to get you into a vehicle..