Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• powerslipowersli Posts: 1
    I'm i live in Phx and am looking to buy this exact same car. here is the lowest quote i have received. thefullmontry what dealership did you get your car at?

> 21000 sale
    > 1669.50 tax 8.95%
    > 449.89 doc fee
    > 377.66 lic
    > 22.75 postage
    >
    > 23519.80-500.00 flex=23019.80
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,638
    Postage???

Are they going to mail it to you?

That's one I never heard of!
  • gene103gene103 Posts: 47
    Yeah, I read that Honda wants to undercut the price of the Camry so they got rid of the $790 destination charge and now will Fedex the car to you
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,014
    At least it will show up on time.... :)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• newsienna1newsienna1 Posts: 10
    Finished up purchasing Modern Steel Metallic Sport MT in Boston area. Needed a car so wasn't in best position to completely walk away and this is one wanted.
    Thoughts

MSRP inc Del 24,180.00
    Invoice 22,199.00
    Purchase Price 21,346.97
    Doc Fee 349.00
    Sales tax 6.25% 1,364.53
    Title/Reg/Insp 139.50

OTD 23,200.00

No trade and the price includes the $500 flex cash. Financed 60 months at 1.99%. I was shooting for a few hundred less but they weren't budging. With needing a car, I closed on this. Without the need, I think I could have done better at the end of the month. They also included a complete detail inside and out at a later date. Experience was longer and more difficult than it should have been.
  • schewmischewmi Posts: 10
    MSRP: 24,980
    OTD : 21,800
    in VA
    Getting the car from MD.
  • jeffrey27jeffrey27 Posts: 2
    I'm looking to buy a 2013 Accord EXL sometime this year. After reading a number of the posts I have an idea a what a fair price is now. The consensus seems to be: To start with invoice (25,609) -$1200) and pay max (Invoice -$600) + tax(750)= $25,759. Will I be able to get a much better price when the the 2014's are for sale?. And when would that be? Just not sure if I can save a good amount by waiting a few more months.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • rsvrrsvr Posts: 21
    Is it $21,800 including tax or excluding tax?
  • schewmischewmi Posts: 10
    Including Taxes. It is Out the door price.
  • jatanjatan Posts: 92
    Might want to separate the price of the car from the OTD price so people know how much you paid just for the car and probably the doc fee as well so msrp 24980, car $$$, doc fee $$$, otd 21800

Also if you got any flex cash or had any trade ins
  • buyer157buyer157 Posts: 40
    Schwemi -

Not at all to raise questions about your credibility/veracity, however, the other vehicle I'm considering is the Subaru Forester 2014. On that board, you also posted that you received a loaded vehicle at an unbelievably low price...lower than anyone on the board...and amazed everyone.

Now, we see that you are acquiring a Honda Accord Sport at more than 2000$ UNDER INVOICE.

Possible explanations:

1) Dealers in MD happen to get their cars at a much lower price than anywhere else in the country, and can afford to sell them for less
    2) You are the most amazing negotiator on the planet and should be writing books on this subject (I'd buy!)
    3)There are details in these transactions that you are leaving out, and do not fully reflect the true value of the deal (trade in, fees, etc)
    4) You are having perverse fun at everyone's expense.

Which is it?
  • cpalm1cpalm1 Posts: 9
    I've been on the Camry board too, so I just did a search for Schewmi. Seems like he found great deals on two different Camry's last year. The Warren Buffet of car buying.
    I would get shoppers sometimes telling me that they had read that "someone" bought a car for what would have been an impossible price.

Must have been one of the four possible explanations given by buyer 157!
    Nice work team - I'll write a note to Edmunds suggesting that they block Schwemi from participating. Pathetic.

Now, back to the topic at hand.

Best I've been able to do on a Honda Accord Sport in the ny,nj conn area is invoice, - 500 in flexcash. No additional fees or charges...so essentially 22428+ tax. Also have 1 yr of maintenance thrown in. This is for a "0" mile car in the color I want.

Will get a discount on my desired options, mats, splash guards and cargo tray but they are not included.

I don't think it is a super deal. I think it is a fair deal, and best I've been able to find. I heard of lower prices, but when all the fees are added. it always comes out higher.

What does everyone think?
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,441
    edited June 2013
    Quick update on pricing should end this Nonsense.

If you read my posts in the different car forums on buying you know i'm a expert at Negotiating and how to obtain the best price on new vehicles.

2014 Subaru Forester redesigned/ Updated for 2014 A excellent choice for small/med SUV.
    I tried to help buy/ order this vehicle at the end of May thru 4 states.. N.Y , N.J., D.E. and Conn.

500 below dealers invoice price was the best a few { 2 ] dealerships were willing to go if i bought it on that day..
    Most of the dealers i spoke with wanted Invoice price or above at this time.

You could make your own conclusion on 2k below at this time on that new model

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

What state are you buying in.
    Tell me what the dealers doc fee's are.

hi Brian - your feedback has always been outstanding. I used your input to get an outstanding price on a Forester (about 400 below invoice)...and I think I did okay at 500 below invoice on the honda.

Now, I just have to decide which to pull the trigger on.

I'm buying in New York. Doc fees are 75$. I'd like to get lower on the vehicle (I'd actually simply be happy with getting flaps, mats and the cargo tray!)but I think this is the best I've found.

Your coaching has never been suspect. We just all called BS on Schwemi.
    Collegehillshonda on parts and accessories have the cheapest prices.
    make dealer you are buying from give you invoice price on your items or make him match prices from college hills

mudguards $69 and cargo tray $97

I am going to S.I honda on thurs were i purchased my Accord in Feb.
    Post your model and color, options i will see what i could do for you as far as price.
    what is the best price you recieved.

It better have more than zero miles on it!

If it has less than about ten miles it hasn't had a proper PDI!

There are quite a number of items and functions that have to be checked and it takes a minimum of at least ten miles to do these things.
  • fifaxyjfifaxyj Posts: 1
    Bought it yesterday, 20300+TTL for a white accord LX cvt + tint
    price include $500 flex cash.
    sorry. What I meant to say is that it is coming from the factory and NOT a dealer swap where it may have to be driven some distance over terrible NY metro roads. While it will have to encounter elements eventually, I'd rather be the one who does it!
    Hi Brian - New York, long island specifically....Honda central. More here per capita than anywhere else in the country.

Car is the white honda accord sport. No options, but will add the mud guards which will cost 140 installed. Would also like to add mats and cargo liner which I'd probably get on line. Dealer won't throw them in.

Price is 22568 which includes the mudguards, all dealer fees in but DOES NOT include DMV or 8.625% NYS sales tax. Does include 500$ flex cash. They will also do 1 year of scheduled maintenance for free.

When I initially started shopping, the sport seemed like the right fit in between the LX and the EX, costing about 1K OTD more than the LX. Now, as the OTD price on the LX has dropped another 1 K,I'm starting to wonder if lower Sport inventory is inflating their selling value way beyond what Honda initially intended relative to the LX and EX.

If you have a chance to speak with your dealer before Thursday, I already have a deposit in on the vehicle, and if I need to go another way - or renegotiate - the sooner I figure that out, the better.

Thanks Brian, we could use guys like you around the office!
    edited June 2013
    BUYER,

I have no leverage with pricing this week. i will shoot for this price . If dealer agree's then you decide if you want to come over to Staten Island.

I will see if 22,000 with mud guards can wrap this deal up for you.

That makes your deal 500 below dealers invoice price= 22,429 w dest charge
    plus the 500 flex cash owed you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,= 21,929
    plus mud guards.....................................................= 69

total......................................................................$ 21,998

On that total... add your doc fee's,dmv, and taxes. Should put you OTD at

$24,034 plus dmv fee's about $175 to 200

Be back in New york on Wed if you want to wait.

Brian

• mycar6886mycar6886 Posts: 9
    Hi Brian and buyer157,

I just read your discussions and they are very helpful. Thanks a lot.

I also live on Long Island, New York. The same tax rate with buyer157, 8.625%.
    I'm looking for a 2013 accord LX, CVT. Currently, the best price I received is $20,369.00, add Sales Tax $1,799.95 + NYS Fees $97.50 Totaling $22,266.45, and extra NYS DMV Fees (Cost for license plates). This price includes $ 500 flex cash through Honda finance. I noticed that someone got a better price than this in prior posts. Unfortunately, I was not able to get it in the end of May even I followed Brian's suggestions on his posts.

Brian, when you go to your dealership on thursday, could you also help me check the price for 2013 accord LX, CVT? I prefer silver or steel grey color, blue is also ok. I appreciate your kind help.
    I dont like to negotiate any deals before the last few days of any month.
    If you read prior posting there are about 20 dealerships mentioned. you need to call or visit at the end of the month. you will find a good deal on your model.

The lx model could be had for 1k below dealers invoice price or pretty close to that number. 500 below invoice without a doubt.

I'm sure you could get a good deal with Atlantic honda by you. Wait til june 27th to start your buying process.

I will post something for you. The leverage and key to getting a good deal is buying at the end of the month. Contacting several dealerships.

I know with very little effort 500 below dealers invoice in june with most if not all models is 100% do-able in the N.Y. N.J area. There are hundreds of dealerships in this area.

• mycar6886mycar6886 Posts: 9
    Thank you so much Brian.
    At 20,369 plus taxes and dmv your at 1k below already. thats a really good price. if you added your flex cash into that number than your 500 below invoice.

• jimmytulsajimmytulsa Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    Brian,

What is Flex cash? Is it a rebate from Honda? Didn't know about it when I bought my EX-L end of Feb and took delivery first week of March.
  • juliankryejuliankrye Posts: 51
    Hello everyone,

In a couple of months my 2012 Accord SE will be a year old, and I was thinking maybe I can get myself in a 2013 Accord as the 2014 comes out.

If not mistaken, most of the high end accords (EXLs and Touring) should be dirt cheap as the 2014s come out, any thoughts on where we will see these prices drop? Also, does anyone have any idea when the 2014 Accord is coming out, can't be too far out, September I suppose right?

Thank you all, it always a pleasure to stay plugged into this forum.
    Julian
    If a dealer has earned flex Cash money you will recieve a 500 addition discount off the sale of your vehicle when you finance thru the honda corp. Not all dealers have the flex cash they have to earn it. Flex cash offered by a dealer is on a first come basis when it runs out thats it for that month.

When we purchased our Accords in Feb it was not offered.