Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• newsienna1newsienna1 Posts: 10
    Brian, curious for you input on my below deal that I did over the weekend in Boston market. No one was biting on the email phone contacts, and had to in for it. Needed a car so couldn't wait for month end. Wondering how much I left on the table with them making something as well.

Accord Sport 6MT

MSRP inc Del 24,180.00
    Invoice w/Del 22,199.00
    Purchase Price 21,346.97
    Doc Fee 349.00
    Sales tax 6.25% 1,364.53
    Title/Reg/Insp 139.50

OTD 23,200.00

No trade and the price includes the $500 flex cash. Financed 60 months at 1.99%. I was shooting for a few hundred less but they weren't budging. With needing a car, I closed on this. Without the need, I think I could have done better at the end of the month. They also included a complete detail inside and out at a later date. Experience was longer and more difficult than it should have been.
    Thanks,
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 3,204
    just looking at your deal you did just fine. Your below invoice, the flex cash helped reduce your doc fee's.
    You purchased a great car that is few on the lots. If time was on your side you could have contacted more dealers and held out for a few hundred more.

Most people involved here on Edmunds reading these boards learning and taking tips on buying are getting the best deals/ and not getting ripped off.

kindly post the name of the dealership you purchased from.

Have fun with your Accord

Brian

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• thawdathawda Posts: 17
    I am a newbie in the car sale industry since I just graduated from college last month. I just looked over this forum last night and took a lot of advice from you guys. I have a quote of Honda Accord Ex-L W/O negvi as follow with extended power train warranty till 100k. Do you guys think I should take this deal.

$25,500.00 Valley Honda E-Price
    $199.00 Process Fee
    $60.75 Tags
    $822.37 Tax
    -$500.00 Flex Cash*
    +_____________________
    $26,082.12 Total "Out the door"
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,918
    A reporter would like to speak to a couple who recently purchased a family car together. If you and your spouse have kids, purchased a car within the past six months and would like to share your story with a journalist, please send your daytime contact information at pr@edmunds.com no later than Tuesday, June 11, 2013 at 2 p.m. PT/5 p.m. ET.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

edited June 2013
    Valley honda, is probably largest selling volume dealer in the midwest.

Without the flex cash and subtracting there doc fee's your buying a few hundred below invoice price. Hold out to the end of June. 500 or so less for your deal should be very do- able. In a couple of weeks were into july already. This model has been out and selling since Nov, 2012.

Do not let dealerships use the flex cash incentive to get you to 800/900 below invoice. Then paying dealers doc fee's... NOT good.. At this time of the year you guys should be looking for at a minimum 500 to 1000 dollars below invoice price... PLUS... flex money if your financing the vehicle thru honda corp.

If i'm buying a Accord this month my target price would be at least 1k below invoice price. I would call and target every dealership that is offering Flex cash and try to make my best deal with those dealerships first. this would make my deal 1500 below dealers invoice price.
    If you cant get this low on pricing then this is your starting point and you work the 1500 number closer to invoice price and make your best deal by the last 2 days, last day of the month. NOT Before unless you hit your mark.

• mycar6886mycar6886 Posts: 9
    Thanks, Brian. Just want to clarify, the price of $20369 already includes $500 flex cash through Honda finance. I noticed in previous posts, you suggest to shoot for a price $1000 below invoice, then plus $500 flex cash. (For LX since there are enough LX on parking lots). Is that correct? if so, maybe I should wait ?
    There are many Lx models on dealers lots. wait to the end of the month and make your best deal. If you read thru prior postings the lx model is selling alot cheaper than the other models.

Yes 1k plus the flex cash. Honda corp is giving you this cash incentive to finance thru them. Take advantage of this money and dont let any dealer use this money for his advantage and making more off you.

Dear Brain125,
    Your target price mean OTD price? Could you please provide me some advice for how to get to that target? Should I just wait till the last week and try to make a deal during that week?
  • newsienna1newsienna1 Posts: 10
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the input. Car was purchased from Honda Gallery on 6/8. Picked it up this evening, and what a fun car so far. Great model.
    Target price is Before taxes. start last days of the month to buy.

It might not the relevant thread to ask. Since I have already posted here, I will just ask. What is the most demand color and good looking color for Honda accord?
  • bala83bala83 Posts: 1
    Any comments on the obsidian blue pearl?
    I was leaning toward Basque Red. How do you guys think?
  • suydamsuydam Posts: 1,034
    That's what I got, and it gets a lot of compliments. It looks beautiful with the ivory leather. I wanted blue, but it's so dark that it looks black with flecks of blue in it. I wish they had a beautiful blue like the Chevy Cruze or the Mazda. Altima was the same way. Every color was really bland -- white, black, beige -- except for one lovely dark red very similar to the Accord.
  • viper36viper36 Posts: 5
    Hey guys,

the best "out the door price" that i was able to get was $24,900 for a 2013 Accord EX. I live in PA so sales tax is 6% is this a good deal or not?

Thanks!
    I got my EXL quote for 26 grand. (OTD) I live in VA.
    Hey guys,

Just so i am clear i want to make sure i understand how the pricing scheme works, when you guys say a good deal is to purchase a car for $1000 under invoice does that "invoice price" include the destination fee or not? So lets take an EX model is my target "good price" the actual invoice ($23,247) - $1000 for a total of $22,247 or is the goal price i want to hit the actual invoice + destination fee ($23, 247 + $790= $24,037)- $1000 for a total of $23,037. I am thinking that when you guys refer to "invoice price" it means actual invoice + destination fee am i Correct?

Thanks
  • gene103gene103 Posts: 47
    Besides the fact the viper is looking or help on an EX in PA and you are providing a quote for and EXL in VA, an OTD "quote" should be considered an oxymoron. If the car is truly OTD, it's a firm reliable amount. If I had a dollar for every quote people have gotten that eventually proved to be less than the true amount required to purchase the car, I would be driving a Ferrari.
    I got a deal for 25500. Is that good and I should take it now?
    Hey Thawda,

Is that $25,500 out the door or is that before tax, tags, doc fees etc. What state are you in?
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc SoCalPosts: 436
    Not sure why there is so much confusion about this - yes, destination is a part of the price of a car so it should be included in any calculation you are using when considering whether a quote is accurate or not . Always require the dealer to include destination in any quote and get it in writing so you are not unpleasantly surprised when finalizing the deal. To further clarify, the market for these cars at the moment appears to be about $1000 under invoice (incl dest).
    25500 is out the door price including everything(processing fees, tax and tag and so on). I am in Virginia.
    To me that seems like a great deal i am still trying to figure out how that is even possible since the cars invoice is $26,399- 1000 puts you at 25,399 + taxes, doc fees etc. What is your sales tax in VA
    lucky you its 6% here in PA
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc SoCalPosts: 436
    Try 8% in CA - that's one reason trying to compare "out the door" quotes and pricing is not a good way to figure whether a deal is a good one or not - too much variation in TTL and other fees.
  • fields102fields102 Posts: 6
    24,900 sounds solid if it includes taxes and fees, dealer fee AND financing costs. If 24,900 doesnt include the interest charges for financing, then no go in my opinion. I posted my EX purchase details a few pages back.
    It might just be a stupid question. I am about to buy a Honda accord EXL 4 cylinder for 25500 and it seems such a good deal to me. Since this is my first car, I do not know much about how dealers work. I am just afraid can dealers give you a lemon car ( some defect cars) and you would be stuck with that. Is that possible or am I just freaking out?
    edited June 2013
    Your Honda vehicle is fully covered for 3yrs , 36,000 miles...bumper to bumper by Honda corp. You also have State lemon laws that protect the consumer.

Things like Tires , Brakes ,Wiper blades would not be covered.