Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• flbuyerflbuyer Posts: 11
    Anyone know what kind of deals available on this car...how much under MSRP are people paying?

Thanks for any info..
  • fxguyfxguy Posts: 132
    That price seems high for an EX-L 4 cylinder. I have seen quotes $1200 below that.
  • rametramet Posts: 10
    Where and how?
    Those are prices we are getting around the Philly area. I am working with Conicelli to match yaupon2's price of 500 under invoice. Hoping to close the deal by this week.
  • $299 dealer doc fee? I thought NJ law only allowed dealers to charge a maximum of $199 doc fee?
  • $26,553 base has been quoted by email by Route 22 Honda. They have also given a rough OTD of $30,000.

As per Edmunds invoice for this car is $27,404. I saw a message on this forum saying that there is a dealer incentive of $2,500 until end of April, 2008. Is that true? That would explain why this dealer is willing to sell $851 below invoice. Or is there a catch?

Does anyone know of a better deal in NJ?

Thanks
  • alta54alta54 Posts: 2
    I just bought a 08 EXL V-6.

Got the car for $25,900
    Dealer fees of $195

Total out of pocket: $26,095

Should I feel good about this deal??
  • alta54... what dealership and region did you buy your new Accord from?

It would seem the east coast has the great deals.
  • I saw a message on this forum saying that there is a dealer incentive of $2,500 until end of April, 2008. Is that true?

Take it from me - it's not true. On 4cyl Accrods dealer can earn upto $400.00 per car based on a tier system. Hit 110% of your goal set by Honda for your dealership, earn $400.00 "advertising" bonus money on that car.

This bonus does not appy to V6's, so if your buying a V6 under invoice, the dealer is going into the hold-back to sell you a car. So if you can get them to do that, take advantage of it :)
  • dadogdadog Posts: 3
    I have been offered a price of $25,500 plus TTL for a 2008 Accord EX-L V6 w/o Nav from a dealer. Is this a good deal?
  • mplshondadir.. are you really a dealer in Minneapolis? If so, what are you letting a 2008 exl auto 4cyl go for? What are you letting exl v6's go for? I would love to buy either at one of these at these crazy prices I have been reading about. If you don't want to post, send me an email using my twotonetommy AT carspace.com.

Thansk
  • leosikleosik Posts: 11
    Just got quoted in Providence area for 2008 EXL auto 4cyl. here are the numbers.
    The sticker price: $26,495 ($25,860 base price plus $635 destination)
    The dealer invoice: $24,063 ($23,428 base invoice plus $635 destination)
    Less dealer hold back: $776
    Dealer cost: $23,287
    Honda Online price: $23,787
    Honda to dealer incentive: $300 expires April 30th
    Honda Online price with incentive: $23,487.
    Will check it out tomorrow.
  • thanks leosik

Now if I kind find that kind of price in the central region, that would be great. Thats one heck of a price.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    $300 isn't much of an incentive on a car with a $26K sticker, but at least it's a start and it's only spring. Closer to the year end clearance it should get much better.
  • Our invoice (adjusted after co-op advertising) is $26251.00. My boss wont let me sell them for less then $26000.00. Most dealers are pretty close to the same. The Accord market seems kinda stale here.

THIS IS NOT AN OFFER TO SELL. DO NOT EMAIL ME ASKING TO BUY AS I WILL NOT RESPOND. I AM SIMPLY SHARING A PRICE.

Our hosts here are very serious about enforcing some rules and I really dont want to be flagged again.
  • fxguyfxguy Posts: 132
    A south Atlanta dealer quoted me $22,900 for an 08 EX-L 4 cylinder.
  • Thank you mplshondadlr for your response. You discussed the price on a V6 EXL, how about the 4cyl with and without Nav. The reality is that I have been targetting the 4cyl exl with auto but based on some of the prices I have been seeing, I would consider a V6.

Can you see yourself coming anywhere close to "leosik" price for a 4 cyl with nav (Honda Online price: $23,787 - see post #20135)? If not, what are you letting the non-nav go for?

Thanks and yes I realize this is not a quote but rather an idea of what cars are going for in your market. Much appreciated.
  • Again - this is not an offer to sell or buy! Dont flag me, just offering information!

We have been offering the EXL 4cyl non-navi for pretty close leosik price quoted. We're are slightly higher thanks to the co-op but in this area they're selling for $23863.00.

If you email all six metro Minneapolis/St. Paul dealers you'll find that price or close to it.
  • Thank you mplshondadlr

As a person who understands the industry, and me as a buyer, is there a better time to buy during the year? Is July better to buy then now? I know the end of December is always a good time to pick up a vehicle but when does Honda usually discount there existing model year to make room for the upcoming year?

thanks
    Twotone
  • gleen6191gleen6191 Posts: 80
    this cannot be for a v6 with navi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • do you aware there is following incentive going on? As your listed price is without any incentive.
    "Honda to dealer incentive: $300 expires April 30th"