Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dwynnedwynne Posts: 4,018
    I would say don't let it get to you. Get quotes from all the area deals that include the car, destination, and any dealer doc/prep fees. Make sure they state all of this is included. Get any close to invoice, then ask if they have the color you want in stock and then ask for an out the door price. Double check that the price they gave you equals the OTD price when you figure your tax, tags, and title stuff. If they have numbers that match yours, then go get your car.

How far to Shreveport, LA are you? Holmes Honda seems to have some pretty nice prices and may be worth a trip. I got on their e-mail list when shopping for my 05 S2000 3 years ago, but ended up getting it elsewhere.

Dennis
  • Ok, so yea, the price i mentioned from dealer 1 is good. Minus:
    1789.69 tax
    199.00 doc fee
    635.00 dest. fee
    tire tax?

OTD $27139.69
  • Thank you Dennis for your reply. I have never enjoyed the purchase process as much as the end result of driving away in my new car knowing that I have received a fair deal.

As far as Shreveport, we are about a 4 hour drive from there. My father-in-law lives there and we do make that trip every few months. I would never have thought that a small town like Shreveport would have better deals than a large inventory, many dealer city like Houston would have. I will follow-up on that.

Again, thank you.
  • pcjamespcjames Posts: 13
    txcarbuyer2,

I sent you some Houston info to your carspace.com inbox......check it out. I had great success in the area with Honda as well as some other manufactures......
  • rpjones68rpjones68 Posts: 5
    Just closed for one with 2 miles off the truck:
    $18809
    plus TTL and 635 Destination...mudguards included

Financed with Honda for 60 mos at 5.99. Upset about the rate because my FICO is over 800...but oh well.
  • jdunnisherjdunnisher Posts: 56
    mplshondadlr,

I noticed that Honda pulled all their lease support for all models except the Odyssey and Pilot. Do you happen to know what the May lease rates (MF and residual) are for the Accord coupes and sedans?

Thanks!
  • mplshondadlr,

Just to add to idunnisher comments, can you let us know what the deals are this month for accords (both lease and cash)

Thanks
    They did not "pull all their lease support" - the deals simply expired at the end of the month as they normally do. Once they look at April's sales numbers and inventory on dealer lots and in the pipeline they will decide if they are offering discount lease or loan deals or if they will revert to the standard rate.

I would expect the new deals to be posted by Friday, but mplshondadlr may have them in hand already.

Dennis
    Thanks for the clarification, Dennis. I just looked at Honda's website and noticed that the only specials remaining were for the Pilot and Odyssey.

Given the reports that April was a record month for Accord sales, it will be interesting to see if Honda has any reason to run incentives during the month of May.
  • mplshondadlrmplshondadlr Posts: 409
    No hidden cash to dealers this month. Turns out Accord sales were pretty stong in April.

Here's the break down for May:
    .00200 moneyfactor across the board on all Accords or, 0.9% 24-36 months and 2.9% 37-60 months. Both offered to super prefered credit tier.

4cyl Accords have a 61% RV for 36mo/12kper year and 6cyl Accords have a 60% RV for 36mo/12k per year.
    Thanks for the info. Do you know if the numbers vary at all on the coupes?
  • sparklandsparkland Posts: 108
    Are there any financing deals on the Civics for the month of May?

We are torn between the Civic and the Accord. I personally love the size of the Accord and the styling. My wife loves the mpg of the Civic. So we go back and forth. She is all about mileage. The price of the Accord with discounts is not that far from a midrange Civic. Maybe I should rephrase that: a few thousand dollars difference.

Probably getting a Civic this weekend as my son inherited our 2000 Honda Civic, beautiful car in great shape.

Please convince me otherwise so I can convince my wife to opt for the spacious Accord. She already dissed the Hyundai Elantra because is fell 2 mpg gallons short of the Civic in estimated highway mileage.

Brad :shades:
  • mplshondadlrmplshondadlr Posts: 409
    1.9% or 2.9%
  • vietviet Posts: 847
    Brad,

MPG difference is about 10-15%. Price differences is a few thousand. Price difference is little and performance difference is significant. Trust me. Go ahead buy an '08 Accord V6 EX-L with 268 HP as I did and drive less with your easy right foot on gas pedal. That's the trick. Same Accord '02 V6 my kid got 19MPG while I got 24 - 25MPG. '08 Accord with VCM gets very good MPG.

Accord lasts longer and is much better than Civic in every term. Accord '08 V6 EX-L is equivalent to Acura XL a couple of years ago.
    I you are going to spend the extra money to get more power then drive it around barely putting your foot on the go pedal - then what is the point :D ?

Seriously, none of us NEED or HAS TO HAVE the extra power of a V-6. We may think we do, but we don't. I have a heavy right foot and drive pretty aggressively so *I* would probably opt for the V6. I see folks in traffic all the time poking along taking forever to reach even 30 mph in their cars with a "V6" badge on the back of a model where a 4 banger is available.

If you don't tap the performance you don't need it. Get the 4 and drive it gently and you are rewarded with even better economy. If you drive like me, then get the V6, but don't throw your money away by poking along in it ;) .

Dennis
  • rpbalarpbala Posts: 4
    Hi guys!
    Hows APR determined?! I have a creditscore of 717 and I jus came to know honda (accord) is offering some low interest rates this month (24 month- 0.9%, 36 months-0.9% and 60 months- 2.9%). How can I know if I qualify for this? Please let me know
    Thx
    AHFC's "Super Preferred" tier is 710 and up using THEIR score method and credit agency. I can't remember which it is, but it is NOT Equifax for that leaves Experian and TransUnion and few used the latter so I would guess Experian is who AHFC uses.

They usually use an "auto enhanced" score that puts more weight on paid off and on time car loans and leases than other items. So if you have a 710 on Experian and some paid off and never late car loans, you should be fine. If you have no car credit history then you may not qualify for the top tier.

Dennis
  • rpbalarpbala Posts: 4
    Thx Dennis! That credit score is from experian and actually I dont have any car credit history! If i dont qualify for the superpreferred tier...does honda offers anything for second tier?

If the dealer is financing me...assigning APR is a standard procedure or they can make profit in that?
    Thx
    You will just have to apply and see. You can get pre-approved via the AHFC web page but they will just give you an amount. Obviously, if that amount is not enough to get what you want then things do not look good. The do not tell you the tier or rate, because the dealer can mark it up for extra profit. Few Honda dealers do, but when there is a published discount rate then they would not. A dealer that likes to mark up rates could tell you that you didn't get the cheap rate when you did but they marked it up on you. In that case you could check with a couple of dealers to be sure they give you the same story.

Honda has lots of rates, under 710 but over 6xx is "preferred" and will be a little higher. Lower scores = higher rates.

I would say get the online pre-approval with the captive bank, AHFC in this case. With Honda it does not help much since you will have to do a real app at the dealership, but if Honda says you can borrow enough to cover the car you want then have step 1 done. The next step is to bargain the price to near invoice including the dealer doc/prep fees. Then tell them you want to do the cheap financing and have the AHFC approval and let the F&I folks check it to see if you get the cheap rate or what they will do. If they say you don't qualify for the cheap rate, then you can repeat the proceedure at another dealership and see what they say "just in case".

At some point all the other banks will catch up to BMW, You do an online pre-approval with them once - then when you are ready to lease or buy and have made your deal, you login and direct them to send your app to the dealer of choice. When you show up to get the car they have it printed and ready, you just sign it with the other paperwork. And this was available 8 years ago....

Dennis
  • bran9192bran9192 Posts: 23
    Yes my price was $22,563 SC Tax is capped at $300 + $399 Doc fee
    Picked it up Saturday with 3.9 Apr