Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gmanusmcgmanusmc SoCalPosts: 436
    Akron - based on your stated money factor and residual, if you were able to negotiate an 1800 below invoice deal, your zero due at signing, pre-tax, pre-doc fee, pre-DMV fee payment should be around 200 per month. This is based on a total cap cost of around 20k (including 595 inception fee). If you roll in your doc and DMV fees, add about 2.80 for each 100 of fees to your pre-tax payment. I'm not sure how Ohio handles the sales tax - you can calculate that yourself.

As far as the 03 Elantra is concerned, I recommend you sell it on the side and use the proceeds to pay a few of your lease payments - using it in the deal is complicating things for you.

Hope this info helps a little.

Bill G
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,918
    edited August 2013
    1k to 1700 below invoice is your target price to buy/ lease. Pre tax, title, doc fee, and dmv fee's added onto your agreed price .

Sell your car private. It will be one less headache and will help you get the best deal on your target price to lease.

Here are some dealerships in the Ohio area i used some years back that i found to be good dealerships

1- Hidy honda

2- Waikem

3- Chesrown medina

4- Voss

5- Whitey's Automall

Mike Pruitt, and Park honda are in Akron not sure why i have them on file, maybe i called them but nothing was noted.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• Jay,

For anyone to tell whether you got a good deal or not, you need to provide the following details:

- MSRP of the EX-L Navi
    - Invoice price (kbb.com is a good place to look that up)
    - Sale price for the car without any options
    - Cost of options and accessories purchased
    - Any Flex Cash (usually $500 discount for financing through Honda)

PS: I'm curious, did you negotiate on the sale price?

-Mike
  • Sale Price $22,571.93

Destination Charge $790.00

Graduate Program -$500.00

Sub Total $22,861.93

Sales Tax $1,460.12

Inventory Tax $46.47

Title Fee $33.00

License Fee $57.75

State Inspection $23.75

Road and bridge Fee $10.00

Document Fee $125.00

Total Drive Out $24,618.02 with American Honda Financing and window tint

is this a good deal?

Thanks
  • Good idea for waiting till the end of the month.

I will be shopping the last week of this month for a deal on the EX-L.
  • FYI, I just purchased a 2013 Honda Accord LX Manual for ~$19,350 (including dest fee and $500 flex cash discount) in Northern California. Car had to be finance to get the $500. OTD was ~$21400.

I think I could have had a better deal at the end of the month or when 2014 models come out, but I needed the car ASAP. Also, manuals are somewhat hard to get by so inventory could get even lower by then.
  • gene103gene103 Posts: 47
    Blue, based on my observations on this board, no one needs to provide the invoice price, I think all the regular responders already know the invoice amounts for all the models. And you left out the doc fees that are essential to know. And why does MSRP matter at all?
  • bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Posts: 242
    edited August 2013
    My reasoning behind providing MSRP is that some responders leave out the destination fee. With regards to the invoice price, there was another responder who stated that his invoice price (from another state) for the same model car was different compared to mine here in MA. Maybe that's why websites such as truecar.com require that you enter a zip code.

With regards to TTL fees, since those vary by state, it does not really matter. Unless a responder is only providing the OTD price and asking whether they got a good deal or not, then doc fees, etc might help. Any information that will help someone on this board get a good deal on a car is welcome.
    Blue is correct - more info is better than less - we can always weed out the unnecessary info, but as the regulars on this board see all the time, when there is inadequate info, advice cannot be offered until the poster provides the missing info or clarifies his/her details.

Bill G
    Here is the breakdown of your deal. You could be your own judge on your sale from what prices you have been reading in this forum in your area.

2013 ex model invoice price= 23,247
    -22,571 sale price
    Total...................................$ 676 below invoice
    minus doc fee.........................125

..............................you paid 551 below invoice price on your model plus any incentives that applied to you.

• Should the sale price includes taxes too?
    Brian - looks like he's saying he paid 1051 below invoice which includes the 500 graduate credit - not a great deal but not too bad - now if flex cash is in there, the dealer made out. Flex cash was not listed in his itemization though (can you get both?)
    edited August 2013
    The college rebate helped his deal. His buying Sale price was not good for Aug. Yes he could of got both if there was flex. Another factor in his pricing could of been a supply and demand in stock or lack of dealerships in his area.

edited August 2013
    John on the breakdown on accord ex purchase you have to add dmv, and taxes along with any other dealer fee's for the final OTD price.

If you read most of my posting i only concentrate on That models invoice price w/ dest charge and how much below the deal is for. Dmv and taxes in your state are meaningless to me and everyone else who dont live there. Every state has a different tax rate, and dmv charge making most OTD numbers different in each state.

This is a common post that is useless to everyone

i bought a 2013 exl for 30k otd did i do good.

The only 3 important pieces of info we need to tell if its a good deal is

Agreed Selling price and dealers doc fee' charge.

Is dest/ charge included in selling price yes or no.

All dealerships work of the same invoice price... East coast or West coast
    if your numbers are off on pricing you have the wrong price info.

• Brian,

I have not purchased it yet, what should be my target price with flex and college rebate?

Thanks for all your help.
    edited August 2013
    Depending on your Area and the Supply and Demand factor on your model

1000 to as high as 1700 below invoice price should be your target price for the sale of your model. Any rebates/incentives like college grad/ Flex cash is added after taxes are applied to your bill of sale.

Do not let dealers get you to your asking price by applying your incentives in that price. Your target price to buy is your first negotiation with all dealerships. that is the only thing you discuss/ negotiate till he meets your price or dealer counters with this is my lowest price . If this cant be achieved you walk out and leave and go to the next dealership.

Example: I will buy today for 1300 below invoice. i will also be financing thru you so i could get the additional flex cash of 500 your dealership is offering. I am also entitled to 500 for being a college grad. Always be in control of the negotiation process. If your asking a dealer for a price your not in control and he/she will walk all over you. Read thru prior posting to get a feel for pricing and buying techniques.

Call several dealerships first to see who is offering flex cash and try to make a deal with those dealerships first.

College grad incentive your entitled to get with every dealership so that one dont worry about.

• adamr1adamr1 Posts: 28
    Can I ask which dealer you got the EXL V6 for in NJ? I will be in the market for one in about 9 months in the NJ area.
  • Price (including destination charge) $ 22,611.00
    Documentation fee(s) (not gov't. fee) $ 80.00
    Taxable Total: $ 22,691.00
    8.00% Sales tax $ 1,815.28
    Subtotal with taxes: $ 24,506.28
    Registration (title) and license fees† $ 250.00
    Additional Official fee: Tire Fee $ 37.75
    FINAL PRICE $ 24,794.03

For a 2013 Honda Accord EX Sedan Automatic. Dealer's Invoice based on KBB is $24,037 and the Fair Purchase Price is $24,002. But those number seems like it does not includes taxes and all the fees. If it is just based on selling price alone it seems like I got 1,300 off total invoice?
    Hi John - looking forward to what Brian says but that looks like 1346 below invoice factoring in the dealer doc fee. Is this Cerritos? They are pretty high volume dealer, so they should have flex cash? I wish Honda would just forget this flex cash stuff and provide a straight forward rebate and be done with it.
    Good work on your part!

Bill
    edited August 2013
    EX sedan Invoice w/ dest charge= $24,037

Your deal is 1426 below invoice price. great job so far.... minus your doc fee and thats how i gauge your deal. If i was buying at the end of the month i might be able to negotiate a little lower. Your in the target zone.

• Yeah it is the one in Cerritos, the guy mentioned that the flex cash expired last month for them. I am not sure it is just them or all Honda Dealers in socal. None of the ones I talked with have mentioned anything about flex cash.
  • Hello,

I am new here and have beem reading A LOT. Thank you everyone for the information. I am looking to buy an Accord LX 2013 Sedan and will shoot for 1800 under invoice in the Los Angeles area at the end of this month.

Just out of curiosity, is Honda's 1.9% financing good for purchases over 60 months? Let's say for 66 or 72 months...

Thanks
  • I haven't called any dealerships here in So Cal yet but can anyone confirm that none of them are offering flex cash this month? If not, would it be smart to ask for free oil changes/tinted windows/wheel locks to close the deal?
    edited August 2013
    Hey thrice - welcome to the forum. Pick John's brain because he's close to a 1400 below invoice deal - he went about this methodically and it looks like he will do well. If you take this down to the last few days of the month, you might be able to get to 1800 below. Make sure you work exclusively with the Internet Sales depts and it will make your job easier. Good luck - study this forum for good advice.

Bill G
  • Sounds good, will do. Thanks Bill.

I am reading non-stop!!!
    Great! Be on the lookout for brian125's advice - I think he's negotiated more deals than all the rest of us combined.

Bill
  • zxqwertyzxqwerty Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    Trying to find deal currently with Accord EX-L with no navi in Indiana.

Best I have found is 27,000 - 500 (dealer cash) + tax + 150 admin fee. that's it. Destination fee is already included.

This deal also includes spoiler, alarm system with extra remote, splash guards, mats in front and trunk all installed.

Trying to determine if this is good price. I have sourced the parts from handaaccessories for 841.
  • Meant to say the remote start is included with an extra fob instead of alarm.
  • gman89gman89 Posts: 3
    Hi. I am in the Philadelphia area and have contacted at least a dozen dealerships in the PA, NJ, & DE area for pricing on the LX model accord. Most of the dealers are right around $20,500 and won't go below that number, some even have the gall to claim they are losing money below that number. The best I have so far is right around $20,000 with total out the door cost of $21,500.

Is this a good deal?
  • karhill1karhill1 Posts: 110
    You may find it beneficial to contact Honda dealers in the DC area. Several seem to have a robust Internet sales focus. IMO, best are Sport Honda, Criswell Honda, Northwest Honda, and Pohanka Honda. Best to avoid, IMHO, Ourisman Honda and College Park Honda.