Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rpjones68rpjones68 Posts: 5
    I agree, end of last month, I got the LX-P Auto for $19,444 including destination. Total OTD was $20,618 so you should do better for a manual. This was in Atlanta
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Posts: 283
    These are some good prices for a LX-P. I was shopping for a LX-P, but couldn't find one for around $21K OTD. I ended up buying a LX automatic for $20K OTD.
  • gavsimgavsim Posts: 3
    Hi, starting the process of getting quotes for the LX-P 2008.

I called Carsdirect.com... they gave me an OTD price of $23,131.
    (nj sales tax 7%)
    I have not tried any dealers yet. I see people on this board have gotten
    "really good" prices, ie. 1000k or so below invoice.. wow!!

However, is this more of a regional phenomenon. Realistically, if I can get the car at invoice, about 20,900 is that a good deal here in NJ(monmouth county).

Interested in what others have paid for this car(esp, in tristate area),
    thanks
  • epithermepitherm Posts: 2
    Hi rpjones86,

Can you please let me know the name of the dealer and contact information? I am in the market for the same vehicle in North Carolina, but no one came close to what you got :cry: . I do not mind driving down to Atlanta to get the same deal. My email is putida at hotmail dot com. Thanks!!
  • rpjones68rpjones68 Posts: 5
    pmail sent
  • tracemillertracemiller Posts: 36
    I live in Orange County, CA. Try to get quotes from Riverside County first. The more inland you go, the cheaper it seems. Then use that quote to pin it against the dealers. Dont get a Protection Package. Not worth it.
  • Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,676
    A reporter is hoping to talk with consumers who had considered purchasing a Hyundai Sonata and ended up purchasing another vehicle. Please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com before Friday, May 16, 2008 with your daytime contact information and what you ended up purchasing.
    Thanks,
    Chintan Talati
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• joey10765joey10765 Posts: 1
    Just purchased an '08 Accord EX-L 4 cylinder, Invoice price of $24,062. I added the Honda automatic start, splash guards, moonroof visor, and trunk lid spoiler. My car price was $23,430 and my out the door price was $26,900 with OH sales tax at 6.75%, and my added toys.
    The Honda automatic start was a bit pricey compared to the aftermarket ones I looked at but it has some extra bells and whistles that the others do not. Climate control from the remote being the biggest advantage.
  • hondasdhondasd Posts: 13
    Could you send me an email too? The best OTD price that I got today was $226XX for LX-P model. People said the price in San Diego is higher than other city in CA, I don't know is this ture or not. However, the truth is I paid more for gas and house rent. :cry:
  • rocket1356rocket1356 Posts: 4
    I have a dealer in Orange County that gave me 200 over the invoice price. I am planning to buy a car this month or at the end of the month where the dealer really need us.

If anyone in Orange County, CA want to join me in buying a car so we can get a better deal, please email me at rocket1356@hotmail.com. It doesn't have to be EX V6. If we go together, we can get a better discount. :shades:
  • rocket1356rocket1356 Posts: 4
    Let me know if you want to go look for a great discount together. I will be buying a EX V6 this month or at the end of the month. I live in Costa Mesa. Email me if your interested. rocket1356@hotmail.com
  • This is a great forum. I am interested in buying/leasing the Accord Coupe EX-L. I am just starting to shop around for one. Does anyone know if I would I likely get a better deal towards the end of the month or wait until the beginning of next month (June) to negotiate? The lease on my current car does not run out until the end of June so I have some time. Also, do interest rates typically to go up in June versus May or are they comparably even. It seems that Honda's current interest rates/money factor is kind of high compared to Acura. Any reason for this?
    Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
  • privaxprivax Posts: 2
    08 Accord LX $18,900 over 60 months at 2.9% and 7% sales tax here in NJ with a trade-in valued at $6,000 it seems I could get it for around $250.00 a month, $0 down.

Has anyone seen a similar transaction like this take place? And What would it take to be eligible for the 2.9% APR. I have a credit score of around 735-740 but only 3-4 years of credit history.

Also if I had my mother co-sign with me... who doesn't have a high score as mine but has "history" would I benefit or not... I would mainly be doing this so that I can put the car under her name for insurance purposes.
  • privaxprivax Posts: 2
    I think the nation wide lease special is untill early June.
  • bndiebndie Posts: 9
    I found one leftover advertised at $21135 in South Florida. Dealers in Florida can add around $500 as a "dealer fee" . What is a reasonable OTD price for this car. Thanks for your help.
  • sandman46sandman46 Posts: 1,798
    Which South Florida dealer? I got my Civic from Hollywood Honda and if I were you, I'd stay away from Coral Springs Honda, where I live. Their prices are always higher than any other Honda dealer and they usually have admin fees.

The Sandman :)
  • bndiebndie Posts: 9
    It is Maroone in Miami.
  • catalyst6catalyst6 Posts: 12
    What kind of prices are people getting on coupes?

I've gotten my dealer to about $50 over invoice, but I didn't know if people were getting better deals under invoice or cutting into the dealer hold back.

Essentially I'm looking at $21200 for the LX-S and am wondering if I could do better or get a higher trim level for that price.
  • Hi All,

I'm a new college graduate ready to purchase a new accord with no money down at 0.9%. Any suggestions? The best quote I've gotten in the MN area is 19500 for an LX but I believe there is much better deals to be made. Any suggestions on pricing for an LX, LXP, or EXL (all 4 cylinder automatics)? I've read that the car has been selling around 18 under different financing terms. How did you negotiate because the dealers seem to be getting frustrated but won't lower their price? Thanks for the advice.
  • mplshondadlrmplshondadlr Posts: 409
    Right now, $19500.00 is $516.00 under invoice here in the twin cities (yep I know the national advertised invoice is $19816.00, but here the six metro dealers co-op advertising and $200.00 is added to each invoice at the factory).

What you've been reading is pricing that is either from last month when Honda was offering dealers an additional $400.00 in "advertising" money on 4cly Accords or, different regions where there is no advertising fee added to the invoice.

"How did you negotiate because the dealers seem to be getting frustrated but won't lower their price?"

Just because someone posts a price on here does not make it proof that you can purchase on at that price.