Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• vietviet Posts: 847
    Best price. Thanks to Recession.
  • missymmissym Posts: 7
    Im not having much luck w/ dealerships this weekend. Im going to send out some emails to see if any other dealers will give me a better price. This was the price that was brought to the table and they wouldnt budge..I ended up walking away and told them to call me with better numbers in the am.

I live in AZ

Honda Accord 4d EX-L V6
    Invoice: $26,306.13 (including $635 destination)
    Tinted windows/Splash/Wheel lock: $497 +
    = $27,055 (price they wanted to sell car)

Tax: $2110.29 7.8% (Az)
    Doc fee: $347
    Lic: $494.16
    Other junk fee: $199 (which I told them to take off)

OTD: Over 30k :mad: and I was not going to go over 29k (my goal was a 28k OTD price) but even with 29k the sales rep said no way could he come down that much. I ended up leaving and he said he would call me in the am if he had better numbers.
    Ill see what other dealerships have to offer, since now I know that Im qualified w/ their lender and I know the exact model/color etc I want.

If anyone else has gotten a good deal in AZ..pls let me know.
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Posts: 283
    I had the same dilemma when I purchased my accord. I ended up buying a LX automatic. Didn't really the alloys. I'd rather put my own rims on the car. I have had the accord for 2 months and its been the best 2 month car experience ever. In doing my research, I would recommend not paying more then approximately $700 for a LX-P. Only extras with a LX-P are alloys and drivers power seat. My LX has a engine immoblizer. Personal preference, I would either get a LX automatic or EX automatic. Regardless, the accord is a excellent investment.
  • thanks frankcario - I live *really* close to honda cars of katy (where some have experienced good service based on comments here) but am not adverse to going to conroe if i have to.

Is there a salesperson you can recommend i speak to? I can send thru a test msg to your email (saw online prev) so you don't break the rules and post the name on here :)
  • packer3packer3 Posts: 277
    At that price you can can get a 3 series BMW for a few thousand more.
  • vietviet Posts: 847
    Isellhondas, ladies & gentelmen,

Even suffering severely from recession, inflation and Iraq/ Afghan war effects Honda is still hanging pretty good on cars market compared to other manufacturers. Honda has reduced the financing rates a bit on old and less marketable model (e.g Honda Element, etc.). As an owner of an '08 Accord EX-L V6 w/ navi since Xmas 07 and other 10+ Honda cars and motor bikes I can tell the sale price of this model with navi has not reduced very much compared to same trim Camry/ Nissan. This model does not have VCM issue as some unfair competitive guys and other car dealers have played aloud their trumpets trying to kill this super fine model.

To those liars, no way you guys can kill this model. If I buy another Honda Accord right now I will buy the '08 Accord V6 EX-L again immediately. At 268 HP and 242 lbs ft torque, its average mixed MPG of 25 - 28 is equal to my old '95 Accord I4. I have not driven my new V6 EX-L much on freeway, but I expect on long freeway trips this model is a great champ in term of its great power yet it achieves very good MPG. What are customers asking for more? Bravo and long live Honda smartest engineers/ management ! I love every single button in my new V6 EX-L. Each single button carries a piece of thought on it.

Those liars cannot build a tiny simple button in this very fine Accord V6 EX-L yet they have talked BS about his model for year. Some liars even do not own or drive this model much. I am suspecting one of the most liars is another European import car manufacturers. Customers are not most stupid and unethical like those liars. Am I reasonable, Isellhondas?
  • packer3packer3 Posts: 277
    Relax it's only a car, I have the 08 Accord LX-P and I love it , my daughter had the 05 Accord Coupe she loved it, however when the lease ran out on the 08 Accord Coupe it was way to expensive so she leased the 08 4 door 320 i BMW. It's all about what you pay for at the time.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,356
    " Am I reasonable"

I wouldn't call anyone a "liar". I sure didn't and I think that is a pretty strong word. I don't doubt that some people are experiencing "something". All I ever said was that I hadn't experienced this myself nor had I heard of this from anyone else.

If I were to drive their car, would I feel anything? I honestly don't know.

I still can't understand why anyone, especially with these gas prices would bother with a V-6. The 190 HP 4cyl or even the 177 HP one is, in my opinion more than adequate.

But, that's me...to each his own.

And, to answer your question, no, I don't think your post was reasnoble. Calling someone a liar is uncalled for.
  • priceritepricerite Posts: 10
    missym,

If you are planning to finance the 0.9%@36month and 2.9%@60month is good through 7/7/2008, so you have plenty of time to shop around. I guess AZ is not NJ; the distance to dealerships could be substantial and so less competition. But the numbers you've listed look ridiculous.
    Send requests for quotes to at least 15-20 dealers in 100-200 mi radius .If you live on the border with another state tap in their market as well. My second best price came from Pennsylvania. Plan on spending about 2 weeks if you want the best price. Remember, the internet price you get in the quote is negotiable. Once you have internet price negotiate it over the phone. Use negotiated price to knock the price further. Always work with OTD price and be confident.
    BTW Accord EXL V6 is well worth fighting for.
  • tommystonestommystones Posts: 19
    $27,500 OTD? Wow ... Not Bad!

You probaly got the car for $25,000 ($500 Below Invoice) plus about $1,500 in Tax & about $1,000 in Fees inc. Destination fee etc.

Thats probally the best price for a EX-L V6 I've read about on this forum. Did I estimate everything about right?

Kudos.
  • tommystonestommystones Posts: 19
    Missym,

Over 30k OTD is a bit high .... keep shopping around. Internet pricing has been very helpful to me, I recommend you shop around via E-mail also. Good luck!

Update -

Just got another quote - EX-L V6 - $26,187.99 sale price before tax and fees. MI market by the way.
  • frankcariofrankcario Posts: 28
    stevefromoz

If you have already sent the email I did not receive it. I am glad to share the contact info with you.
  • frankcariofrankcario Posts: 28
    Isell,

I have to agree with you on the I4 vs V6. We just took delivery of an Accord LX with the 177 HP engine...it is very responsive.
    Invoice is 26300 ( including destination).
    My selling price was 25050 ( including destination, messenger fees , windows etching, wheel locks and splash guards). That's more then 1400 under invoice.
    Add 299 doc fees for the total cash price of ~25350.

Other fees and taxes:

~1753 NJ Tax (7%)
    7.50 NJ Tire Fee (mandatory)
    354 Registration fees

OTD price is ~27466 ( big difference with 27500 OTD :-) ).
    BTW I financed the whole amount @ 2.9% @ 60month.
  • missymmissym Posts: 7
    tommystones - is that with a leather interior?? If it is, nice job!!

Thanks guys for your advice,
    Im hoping to get a 28k OTD price. I just got another quote from a local dealership:

Honda Accord V6 EX-L (Arizona)
    $26,200 price includes the mud guards, trunk tray and wheel locks.
    $2082.90 tax
    $389.90 documentation fee
    $490 plates
    $29,162.80 out the door price
    Correct , Accord 08 EX-L V6 (leather). The car had 4 miles on it.

Make sales person call you. Name your price of 28k OTD. Let them know your intention to buy immedeately and you have offer from another dealer that you are not completely satisfied with. Make sure sales person talks to manager. Make sure that manager talks to general manager. Only then you know that you've hit the bottom line with that dealership. When dealership agrees on your price make them send you email with breakdown of numbers.
  • jacknibbsjacknibbs Posts: 17
    Which dealership was that? I am in NJ and trying to finalize a deal today. My best price is 25015 before destination.
    I can name the dealer only in private communication
  • newgsnewgs Posts: 29
    Pricerite,

As far as I know in this forum, you can name the dealer but not the salesman's name.
  • newgsnewgs Posts: 29
    Below is what Edmunds' Forum says when you post a message (copied and pasted):

"You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information."