Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2012 Chevy Cruze Clutch piece broken

lauraleex603lauraleex603 Member Posts: 15
edited September 2014 in Chevrolet
If someone could help me that would be awesome. I tried to call the dealership to get it looked at but they dont have "any" appointments open until over a week from now, and the receptionist wasnt very helpful answering my questions.

While driving to work this morning I heard a metal snap while pushing in my clutch and a piece flew under my foot. When I picked it up it was some sort of spring, I found a diagram to reference to (piece #6). I'm not sure what this is, and if it something that I need to get to a dealership right away to fix (my car is a lease)? The car still drives ok (for now), just not as much resistance when pushing in the clutch. Also, would this be something thats covered under warranty? I have a 2012 Cruze with 27k miles on it. Thanks for anyones help!

Comments

• Options
    ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    Should be covered undere B2B warranty. I might wonder if the spring is return pedal when you foot is off it (and perhaps some wear on clutch if it doesn't return)
  • Options
    Its not so much that it doesnt return after I press it, its more that when I press it down there is less resistance than it use to have.
  • Options
    ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655

Its not so much that it doesnt return after I press it, its more that when I press it down there is less resistance than it use to have.

Perhaps the resistance you felt was spring trying to return peddle ? :)
  • Options
    That very well could be, I have yet to have time to get it in the shop and get it fixed. It seems to be driving fine so lets just cross fingers that nothing happens until I can get it in.
  • Options
    gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hello lauraleex603,

We're happy to hear your vehicle is operating to your satisfaction. If you begin to experience any changes, feel free to reach out to us for assistance.

Marlea W.
    GM Customer Care