Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Envoy Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• morey000morey000 Member Posts: 384
    I've found that the blue books that the dealers use, and show to unsuspecting customers, generally depict a number far less than what you would find if you run the KBB Trade-in value directly from Kelly. Try going to their web site and putting in your own vehicle and see what it comes up with. Then print it out and bring it to the dealer and see what they say.

My guess is that a 1 year old, $30K Envoy would sell at the dealer for $22K, or to a private party for $20K, and should have a trade-in value of ~$18K. Of course- I don't know your vehicle. And did you pay MSRP for it to begin with? Put in the numbers at kbb.com and let us know how much the dealer lied to you. :)

True, the Envoy triplets don't hold their value as well as some vehicles, but that's generally pitted againts MSRP rather than selling price. Consequently the Envoy is one of the best priced used cars. Plus- in order to get them off the lot, the dealers have been taking part of the hit up front. The fact that people are walking out the door with $41K Envoy Denali's for low $30's is pretty incredible. What else out there would compare for even close to the same price???
  • kagz71kagz71 Member Posts: 12
    I am sorry to hear that you don't have a good GMC dealer but isn't that your own fault? If you wanted to get $16,500 then you should have told them you were not going to deal unless you got an extra $500 somewhere. ALSO why tell others to not buy an Envoy just because you had a bad experience at your dealer? Where my wife and I bought her Envoy Denali just a few months ago they were very polite and gave us a great deal and fair trade in. If you think GM dealers are bad, try buying at a Honda Dealer :P !

Just my thoughts

-KAG
  • psobkiewiczpsobkiewicz Member Posts: 20
    I never told others not to buy an Envoy. I was perfectly happy getting $16K for my truck.
  • kagz71kagz71 Member Posts: 12
    That would be my fault, looked at the wrong title and name at the same time, please except my apology.

-KAG
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Were you motivated to go car- or truck-shopping because of the employee discount deals? If so, a reporter wants to talk with you.
    Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com no later than Tuesday, August 9, 2005 with your daytime contact info and a few words about your experience.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• investortypeinvestortype Member Posts: 3
    Envoy SLE, 34k list, 26500 after rebates and discount. It has 150 miles on it.

Trouble is the knocked my 02' Montana LX which lists as trade in at Kelly's and NADA for $12500-$14000 range the offered 10k and the car is mint with all the leather options. Local supply must be tighter on this vehicle than I thought.
  • strstr Member Posts: 64
    Nope, it's not just your Envoy, I have been to 4 different dealerships two being personal friends of the family and they tell me I probably will not get better than 12,500 for my 2002 Envoy SLT loaded, good condition because of the low GMC prices right now. They say that this whole employee price thing has killed the trade in value of these vehicles.

I am actually trading tomorrow for a toyota Sienna and we ended up only getting 11,500 on a trade in from them, still more than what we owe thank goodness. One Toyota dealership told us they would not give us more than 10,000 for the Envoy because they cannot sell used GMC vehicles for very much if at all right now, laughed in their face and walked out. I could have gotten 1,500 more at our friends GM dealership but I am not going back with one right now because of their low trade in value, space issue and gas prices.

My Envoy has been great, however, keeping good trade in value is a big issue for us because we trade very often. This will be the first time we have not had an SUV in six years, quite a change! By the way , I did all of the research on the trade in value on this car for the year and 50,000 miles and it came up each time 13,500 so we are not that far off, just glad to get a more family friendly car but I have to say we loved our Envoy!
  • morey000morey000 Member Posts: 384
    No offense gmchater2, but if getting the most for your vehicle is so important to you, then you might want to sell it yourself rather than let a dealer take advantage of you (it's just business). Or, at least check the Kelly Blue Book trade in prices prior to accepting a $10K offer for your vehicle. Granted, Envoy's don't hold their value quite as well as, let's say, a 4runner, but that doesn't make them bad vehicles. (does it?).

In fact, they could be the best used vehicle bargan around. Great engine. lotsa' features. I want one- if I could just find the right deal on the right vehicle.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a GMC Envoy. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • meusemanmeuseman Member Posts: 18
    Car_man:

You are so helpful and really are an asset to edmunds and its readers. I was wondering about MF and RV's for a GMC Envoy AWD SLE for 36 mo. 12K or 15K. I am in New England. I appreciate your assistance.
    Thanks for the kind words, meuseman. I would be happy to help you out. If you were to lease a 2006 GMC Envoy SLE AWD through GMAC right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value should be 4.0% and 57%, respectively. The lease rate for an otherwise identical lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be the same, but the residual value would increase to 60%. As you can see, GM publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
  • gswgsw Member Posts: 1
    leased an Envoy on a pull ahead program in october and was promised a $500 gas card and my security deposit back from my first lease. 6 weeks later GMAC is telling me there was no security deposit on the first vehicle. On top of that the dealer says the gas card is GM and I'll have to talk to them. GM says the dealer should follow up on it. Typical Dealer vs. manufacturer run around. any advise?

thanks this is my first time on here.
  • gf2020gf2020 Member Posts: 49
    Does anyone know what the factory incentives are for remaining, in-stock 2005 Envoy XLs?

The gmbuypower.com web site does not show any incentives, but I don't believe that is correct.

Alternatively, does anyone recall what the last rebate GM offered during calendar 2005 was?

Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    If you don't get a response here.. try posting in this forum:

Rebates, Incentives, APR's

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• glags11glags11 Member Posts: 8
    Anyone in the Northeast lease an 06 Envoy SLT recently? I was quoted $409/month w/ nothing down, just first month and security. This is for the SLT with all the works. Seems a little too high. Anyone? Thanks.
  • tdepoalatdepoala Member Posts: 9
    FYI for other buyers:

2006 Envoy SLE 3SB MSRP= $32,805
    Options:
    Sun & Sound (PCR)
    SLE-2 Package (3SB)
    Running Boards
    Universal Garage door opener
    Side Air bags

$1000 3SB & PCR discount
    $500 Paint protection coating

New MSRP = $32,300

Negotiated Price = $29,750

$1000 March Madness rebate
    $11,200 for 2003 Jeep Liberty Trade in (KBB value)
    $2000 GM Card bonus to pay off $13,200 loan on Jeep
    36 months, 36k miles, $1000 down

$349/month

Nick
    glags11,

That doesn't sound all that bad. Here's what we have after negotiating for the past few weeks:

2006 Envoy SLE 3SB MSRP= $32,805
    Options:
    Sun & Sound (PCR)
    SLE-2 Package (3SB)
    Running Boards
    Universal Garage door opener
    Side Air bags

$1000 3SB & PCR discount
    $500 Paint protection coating

New MSRP = $32,300

Negotiated Price = $29,750

$1000 March Madness rebate
    $11,200 for 2003 Jeep Liberty Trade in (KBB value)
    $2000 GM Card bonus to pay off $13,200 loan on Jeep
    36 months, 36k miles, $1000 down

$349/month

I imagine if we didn't need the $2k GM Card savings towards paying off our loan on our trade in, we would have been looking at a $300/mo value. So I imagine, the SLT loaded usually would be a good $5-7k higher than this vehicle... figure $20 per $1k lease and a payment of about $400 isn't too bad.

Also, when you say "nothing down, just first month and security".... it's an oxymoron. You ARE putting money down... $400 first month + $400 security = $800 down :)

Just make sure if you are going with 12k miles they're giving you the 4.9% (.00204 mf) and 60% residual. Also, some of the dealers will use the PRE January 1st MSRP, which basically is like giving you a higher residual... which is fine as long as A) you get a closed end lease and B) you don't plan on buying the vehicle at the end of the lease.

Good luck!
  • hughesjayhughesjay Member Posts: 3
    We just got a 2006 Envoy XL Denali stickers was 39,600 I PIAD 34,800 OTD (out the door) - including tax Tag & title it has everything but DVD & NAV, after fighing via email & with a broker I got a deal on my own the next closest offer I got was 36,575 OTD...is this a pretty good deal. I am in the Atlanat area
    Hughesjay,

Depends, what was your interest rate? As far as sticker goes though, yeah that sounds pretty good (the MSRP was the "after jan 1st" MSRP though right?)

In the northeast, the envoys are selling pretty fast, it was difficult to find one that qualified for the march madness event (on the lot since sept/oct 05)

Nick
  • suvseeker1suvseeker1 Member Posts: 1
    I was just quoted a residual of 42% and an interest rate of 5.9 on an envoy denali through my bank. Does anyone else think that this is crazy. I thought that the residual was ridiculously low based on what I have read.
    Thanks for sharing the details of your deal with everyone, Nick. It;s always helpful for consumers to be able to take a look at real world examples before they negotiate their own deals.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi suvseeker1. Independent banks' lease programs for vehicles usually are not as attractive the lease programs that are being offered by manufacturers' captive finance companies, like GMAC. If you want to lease a 2006 GMC Envoy right now, you will probably be better off doing so through GM than through your bank. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month, 15,000 mile per year lease of any 2006 GMC Envoy are 4.9% and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • redsantaferedsantafe Member Posts: 6
    I live in the Atlanta area and just purchased a 2006 Envoy with the SLT 4sb package. It was a program vehcile with 1,900 miles. MSRP was $33,020. Purchase price was $27,500. It was the 2WD model with the Sun, Sound, and Ent. package that includes 6 disc changer, power moonroof, DVD entertainment system, and Bose spkrs/amp.

I feel like a got a good deal considering a new (0 miles) Envoy SLE 2SB package without DVD, 6 disc, running boards, and XM was $27,500.
  • ksolesksoles Member Posts: 19
    Car_Man...can you please post numbers for the current GMAC lease residuals and money factors being offered on the 2006 Envoy Denali right now? Looking between 24 to 36 months programs with 12k! THANK YOU!
    Hi ksoles. If you were to lease a 2006 GMC Envoy through GMAC right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value should be 4.9% and 67%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be 4.9% and 60%.

Car_man
    Host
  • billinscbillinsc Member Posts: 1
    Hi Carman,

A Consumer Reports price report I ran on the Envoy XL subtracts a "dealer incentive 10/02/2006" of $1,680 from invoice (along with holdback) to arrive at a bottom line price.

Can you confirm that dealers actually receive this incentive from GM? I'm sure the dealer will deny it if I mention the amount.
    Thanks
  • baachbaach Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man,

I am in the process of leasing an Envoy XL. My purchase price is fixed since it is a program vehicle. My concern is whether the dealer can "adjust" the rate. They told me the other day while I was waiting for it to be released to the dealer that the rate would be 5.9 which is the same as another dealer that I spoke with. I have been reading some posts and see a rate of 4.9 I close the deal later this week and want to be sure that I have the lowest rate. I have also been quoted as 66% residual on 24 month 15,000. A cap cost reduction of $750 plus bonus cash of $1000.

Thank you
    Hi billinsc. The dealer cash incentive that you mentioned was essentially a price adjustment that General Motors started giving dealers when it slashed its prices on a number of models a couple of months ago. It is only available on units that have been in dealer inventory since January 11th or earlier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi baach. Like most dealers, GM dealers have the ability to "mark-up" vehicles' lease rates to add additional back-end profit to deals. GMAC's current base lease rate for a lease of a 2006 GMC Envoy is 4.9%. If the rate that you were quoted is higher than this, chances are that the dealer that you are working with is trying to mark your truck's rate up.

Car_man
    Host
  • onetimeonetime Member Posts: 2
    2006 Envoy XL Denali

3 months left on current lease paid @ 449.00

1500.00 down includes 1st month, tax and fees

Loaded vehicle with XM, Sun and Entertainment Package, Rain Sensor Wipers, DVD PLayer LOADED

42,797,00 sticker

484.00 a month

Good DEAL?

Thanks out there for your thoughts!
  • matthattan1587matthattan1587 Member Posts: 53
    Hello I am wondering how you guys like your 2006 Envoys? I am looking into buying a new SUV myself, but would like to know more about the Envoy. If you dont mind me asking, I was wondering what some of the pros and cons were of this SUV? Any input would help greatly! :)
  • vindawgvindawg Member Posts: 1
    Philly area-Faulkner in Trevose, PA...Just bought a GMC Envoy 2006 SLT loaded with everything...MSRP 35k+...Got the truck for GM Supplier price of 32.6k...0% on a 72 month buy...So my payment is $480 a month with nothing down, and nothing due at signing...Great SUV, I love it...Thought long and hard about this, but just couldn't pass up the 0% APR...Great experience with the dealer as well...If you look at what you are getting compared to other SUV's like the Murano...It's not even close for the price considered...Hope this helps someone out there
  • misterepmisterep Member Posts: 52
    Car man,

Many thanks in advance...you run a great board.

Looking to Lease a 2006 Envoy Denali.

MRSP - 37,890 + Destination Charge ($700 ?)
    Selling Price - 34,300
    Rebates -- 3,500

36 months at 12,000 Miles per year

Any help with a reasonable $$ number I can expect?

Many thanks....
    Hi onetime. You never mentioned the selling price of the truck that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the Envoy that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is. Also, be sure to mention how long this lease is and how many miles per year it allows.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Thanks misterep. The $3,500 customer cash that GM is currently providing on the 2006 GMC Envoy is not compatible with its special lease program. GM is providing a little lease cash on this truck, but it is only available in certain areas. If you tell me where you are, I can tell you if there is any lease cash available in your neck of the woods. For now I will estimate what this truck's lease payment should be without the benefit of any lease cash. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 GMC Envoy Denali with an MSRP of $38,590 and a selling price of $34,300 through GMAC right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $427.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • onetimeonetime Member Posts: 2
    Hey Car Man,

Thanks for responding. However, you must have missed it. The price of the car is listed. I can't see the piece I printed now, but it is in the high 42,000 range. The mileage is 15,000 a year and the term is 36 months.

Thanks for your help.
  • oakridge067oakridge067 Member Posts: 6
    Car_man, what payment do you think I would be looking at for this deal?

2006 GMC Envoy SLE (3SB)
    MSRP: $31185
    GM Supplier price: $29493.57

I am in Central Ohio.

Thanks.
  • dgruenbergdgruenberg Member Posts: 4
    Hi, Car man. I just came home from the GMC dealer with the following numbers to lease a 2006 Envoy XL(pretty loaded):
    MSRP: 36,380
    Supplier price (husband works for IBM): 34,293
    Incentives/lease offers: 3250
    Down pm't: 2600
    (We agreed to pay taxes: 1657.15 and bank fee 695 up front)
    He told me the residual on 36 mo/12K was 60%
    The interest is 4.9%

Now, when I input these numbers into my lease calculator, I get a monthly payment of about 286. He's telling me the monthly payments are 353. Why am I so off? Can you calculate for me?
    Thank you!
  • cbrun13cbrun13 Member Posts: 3
    Lease

2006 Envoy Denaly 4x4
    15K, GPS, Fully loaded, with side curtain bags, sunroof. No rear DVD.

471/month. With no money dn other than the deposit and 1st month. At 4.9% GMAC

Is this a good deal. I get GM discount.
  • cbrun13cbrun13 Member Posts: 3
    What kind of short lease did you work out??? Already turning in a one year old car??..Its an ok deal. Considering you plunged close to 1000 dls down...I'm not counting your first month payment and about 100 or so for the tax title.

I'm payng 471/ with 0 down and have Everything. including Navigation, Sun sound, Extra(side airbags) 15k etc. But I have a GMC employee price.
  • ianbalianbal Member Posts: 2
    Carman,

Can you please let me know the current GMAC interest rate & residual for a 39 month 15k mile/yr lease? The dealer is quoting 5.9% interest & 56 residual which seem high to me. Is GMAC still 4.9% as per prior posts? Credit is "sparkling" according to dealer.

Other details:

List 32315
    Down 3200

Thanks
    You're very welcome, onetime. In your original post you said that the truck you are interested in has a "42,797,00 sticker" price. This is the only price that you mentioned and I assumed that you mean that this is its full MSRP. Is that correct? In order to assess how good a deal you are getting you need to know both your vehicle's full MSRP and its selling price. Let me know what both are and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings oakridge067. This truck's lease payment will depend upon how long you lease it for and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 GMC Envoy SLE with an MSRP of $31,185 and a selling price of $29,493.57 through GMAC right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $422.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi dgruenberg. The selling price and lease rate that you were quoted for this truck look good to me. This is a good thing because these are the two main profit centers for dealers on leased vehicles. Let's work up a lease payment on this truck and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, the payment for 36 month lease of a truck with an MSRP of $36,380, a capitalized cost of $31,043 ($34,293 supplier price - $3,250 in cash incentives), a lease rate of 4.9%, and a residual value of 60% should be around $364. As you can see, this is pretty close to the payment that you were quoted. Where did you get the lease calculator that you are using?

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi cbrun13. If by the "GM discount" you mean that you are able to purchase the Envoy that you are interested in through GMAC's supplier or employee purchase programs than you are getting a good deal. Furthermore, the 4.9% lease rate that you were quoted is in line with GMAC's current program for this truck. These two things lead me to believe that you are getting a good deal on this tuck, but I cannot do any calculations to give you a more detailed analysis without knowing this truck's full MSRP and selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello ianbal. Here's the info that you are looking for. GMAC's current 39 month, 15,000 mile per year base lease rate and residual value for a lease of a 2006 GMC Envoy are 4.9% and 56%, respectively. Make sure that the dealer you are working with uses the 4.9% rate to calculate your truck's lease payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • ianbalianbal Member Posts: 2
    Car_man,

Thanks for the info.

Ian
  • dgruenbergdgruenberg Member Posts: 4
    Thanks, Car_man. I think you may have forgotten to include my 2,600 down payment in your calculations. I was using the lease calculator on Leaseguide.com as well as the one on gm tools. I also did it by hand because I was so baffled as to the large difference in our calculations.

The dealer called me the following morning to apologize because his software was automatically putting the MSRP in the agreed upon price, rather than the agreed upon price.

Anyway, after his mistake was corrected, my monthly payments are now $291, which is $5 more than what I had worked out at home, so we signed the deal.
    Moral of the story, ALWAYS double check the numbers at home, even if the msrp, agreed up on price and incentives and down payment match...check the numbers!!
    Thanks again, my truck is awesome by the way.
    dgrueneberg
  • teamdryteamdry Member Posts: 1
    DOES IT PAY TO PUT THE TAXES INTO THE LEASE OR PAY THEM UPFRONT I AM IN NY.

THANKS
  • oakridge067oakridge067 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for your reply.

I was wondering about any low-mileage GMAC leases, in addition to the figures you provided.

Would the payments be the same on a 12,000 mile, 48-month lease?

How about a low-mileage lease (10,000) for 48 months?

I simply do not drive anywhere near 12,000 to 15,000 miles a year.

I have a 2001 Dodge Intrepid that I got new in June 2001 with 4 miles on it and just the other day turned up 28,000 miles.

Thanks again for your help.
This discussion has been closed.