Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Envoy Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Car_man,

(Note I am also posting this on the Chevy Trailblazer forum / Since they are essentially the same I wanted to make sure one doesn't have better terms than the other)

Thanks for answering my Impala question yesterday. I am also considering a GMC Envoy lease and am hoping you can help me with the "key numbers" so I am prepared at the dealer.

2007 2WD Envoy (from your previous posts it doesn't look like SLE vs. SLT matters)
    36 month lease / 10k miles per year
    I live in Indiana if that matters (zipcode 46902)
    I also have a current GMAC lease that I will be turning in

Can you help me with the following:
    Residual value?
    Base lease rate?
    Cap reduction, bonus, or other lease cash offers?

Also, if I did 39 months instead would that drop the residual?

Thanks for your assistance on these forums!
    Lisa

(Sorry for the GMC & Chevy duplicate posts. I didn't want to assume that all the terms were the same. This info is so helpful in getting the best possible price and much appreciated.)
  • Hi theericharris1. Unfortunately, General Motors is not offering leases on 2006 models any longer. If you want to lease one, you will have to do so through an independent bank...if you can even find out that will lease a 2006 model at this point. You would be better off waiting until you are less upside down on your new vehicle to get something new, but if you really want to get a new truck right now, you will be much better off going with a 2007 model. I am not aware of any web sites that provide accurate information on manufacturers' current lease programs to the general public. I can give you an idea of what GM's lease program for the 2007 Envoy is like right now though. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 GMC Envoy 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are 6.35% and 58%, respectively. GM is providing lease cash on this truck in certain areas. If you tell me what state you are in, I can tell you if it has any cash incentives on leases of this truck in your neck of the woods.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi emcg. Unfortunately, General Motors is not offering leases on 2006 models any longer. If you want to lease one, you will have to do so through an independent bank...if you can even find out that will lease a 2006 model at this point. You actually would probably be better off waiting until you are right around the scheduled end of your current lease to get a new vehicle. Consumers usually have to pay money out of their own pocket or roll negative equity into their next loan or lease to get out of their leased vehicles early.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hey Lisa. I believe that the 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer's and the 2007 GMC Envoy's current lease programs are identical, which makes sense given the fact that they are basically the same vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hey Car_man
    The base lease rate and residual changed last week and I wanted to confirm with you the changes. 8.1% lease rate and 58% residual. Live in Ohio. Checking lease rebates with you also. Going from a 2004 Envoy SLT to a 2007 Envoy Denali.
    Thanks...
  • Hi, car_man I am ending a Ford Explorer lease, looking at 2007 Envoy SLT 4SA loaded South Florida, 36 month lease 12k per yr, Residual & int/lease rate would be helpful, thanks for any help.
    Reg. Frank R.
  • Hi loub2b. An 8.1% lease rate? That's way too high. GMAC's current base lease rate for a 36 month lease of a 2007 GMC Envoy is only 6.35%. Its 36 month, 15,000 mile per year residual value is 55%. In your state, Ohio, in February General Motors is providing $1,750 lease cash on 36 month leases of the '07 GMC Envoy plus $1,000 bonus cash. Make sure to take these cash incentives into account when negotiating your truck's capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi Frank. Here's the information that you're looking for. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 GMC Envoy with 12,000 miles per year are 6.35% and 58%, respectively. General Motors is providing $500 bonus cash on this truck in Florida in February. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating your truck's capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Car_man,thanks for the info.
    Reg. Frank R.
  • loub2bloub2b Posts: 5
    Thanks car_man, turns out I took advantage of 0.5% 60 month gmac financing plus $1,000 rebate, invoice, and multiple additional rebate deals going on in February. I went with a loaded Envoy Denali and my wife is thrilled. Compared to the 02 and 04 Envoy SLT's we have had, GMC designed some nice touchs with the 07 Denali. We had the air suspension in the 02 SLT, but it didn't even come close to the air suspension ride standard on the Denali.
  • jd000jd000 Posts: 10
    A deal like this wasn't available when I bought my '03 SLT. But does explain why I am having difficulty getting $15000 even if I throw in the GM Zero Deductible warranty with 45000 miles left on it. Yes, it only has 27,000 miles on it and it is garaged 90% of the time.

Great vehicle! It just doesn't satisfy my needs anymore.
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    Unfortunately the Trailblazer/Envoy depreciate about 13-14k from MsRP 1st year, so you really want about 10-11k off (all the rebates and any hidden cash) for a decent deal.

--jjf

A deal like this wasn't available when I bought my '03 SLT. But does explain why I am having difficulty getting $15000 even if I throw in the GM Zero Deductible warranty with 45000 miles left on it. Yes, it only has 27,000 miles on it and it is garaged 90% of the time.

Great vehicle! It just doesn't satisfy my needs anymore.
  • frrussrefrrussre Posts: 41
    Hi car_man,leased 6 vehicles in NYC, really easy compared to Sth Florida. I show others how to lease,not this time.
    2007 Envoy 4x4 SLT 4sa(Tuff find in FL)+ few options. Sticker $36k, negotiated down to $31,500 (Could do a little better). Then I change my mind ask for 36 mth lease @12k miles per yr, $2000 down + all tax's tags + bank fee,
    upfront.
    Quotes: $623 mo. $556 mo. Another dealer, $540 mo, got it down to $456 mo.
    Problem is, they want to revert to MSRP, with smaller discount, obviously much higher Cap cost.
    Gave up came home for now.
    Reg. Frank R.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    You're very welcome, Frank.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    It sounds like you got a very good deal. Enjoy your new truck!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • misterepmisterep Posts: 52
    Folks must be shopping elsewhere....
  • vgupta_98vgupta_98 Posts: 8
    Dear Car_Man- Can you provide me the latest info on the Envoy SLT lease programs? I'm in San Diego...

1) Lease rates & residuals for 10/12/15K, 24,36,39, 48mo.
    2) Applicable incentives, rebates, and factory to dealer (unpublished) incentives.

Thank you in advance...

Vinay
  • gbarnes2gbarnes2 Posts: 1
    Dear Car_Man- Can you provide me the latest info on the Envoy Denali lease programs? I'm in San Diego...

1) Lease rates & residuals for 12/15K, 24,36,39,48mo.
    2) Applicable incentives, rebates, and factory to dealer (unpublished) incentives.

Thank you in advance...

Greg
  • HELP CARMAN...I have a 2002 grandjeep cherokee laredo and I want to trade it in to lease a 2007 GMC Envoy. what would be the best way to go about that and approximatley how much the payments be a month???
    Here's the information that you're looking for, Vinay. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 GMC Envoy with 15,000 miles per year are 6.65% and 64%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 6.65% and 55%. The 48 month numbers are 6.65% and 48%. If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, the 24 month residual value would 1% higher and the 36 / 48 month residuals would be 3% higher. The 10k residual values are 3% and 5% higher than the 15k resids. I am not aware of any cash incentives that are available on leases of this truck in your area right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Greg. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi jeimyj8171. I would be happy to give you an idea of how much it would cost to lease the Envoy that you are interested in right now. In order for me to do so I need the MSRP and approximate selling price of the exact model that you want. I also need to know how long you are interested in leasing it for and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it. Let me know and I will crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • nigal4unigal4u Posts: 3
    Whats wrong with this picture. Wanted to lease a 2007 Envoy, went to the dealer several times. As it turns out we can't agree on a payment.

32,400 MSRP
    30,566 Neg Purchase Price
    $5400 in dealer incentives, lease loyality and rebates.
    $1254 GM Card Earnings.
    Thats Cap Cost reductions totaling 6654.00.
    5.9% money rate
    59% residual
    $595.00 Acqusision Fee rolled into the lease.
    6.5% Ohio Sales Tax Rate
    10K 39 month lease
    Ohio Cap Tax, first payment, fees (there bloated including a $250 document charge, and a bloated $175 license, registration and misc) due up front.

They are quoting 288.00 for this deal. My numbers are showing 261 a month. Where is the problem other than the dealer padding the lease with profit.

To add insult to injury, the salesman calls me just yesterday proclaiming the car had been sold. Matter of fact he said, they did not have another 4WD on the lot. Funny thing how in just two days they sold 20 GMC Envoys! With the way the economy is, especially locally here thats overwhelming hard to believe. Funny how the GM Buy power site shows an inventory. And funnier yet, with sells of 20 Envoys in two days, I think calling me would be the last thing on the salesmans mind. GM's Great Summer Sell down turned out to be the Great Summer Screw job!
  • cme2ccme2c Posts: 7
    I have an 04 Envoy XUV lease that is due to end Feb 08. Came across the GMAC lease loyalty site. It lists various Envoys as qualifying for a six month payment rebate. I was thinking of getting a car instead of an SUV, but this bonus almost seems too good to be true if I got another Envoy or Trailblazer. Does anyone out there have any experience with the XUV and these bonuses. The XUV was a rare vehicle, so I wonder if they just left it off.

I am about 4,000 over right now and if I kept the vehicle it will end up about 11,000 over with my most recent driving habits. At 20cents per mile that is a decent chunk of change. The residual is around 18000, but current KBB is around 14,500 for trade in, so doesn't make sense to buy at the end. My current payment is 551/month. So six months payments is a huge chunk of change unless I'm missing something. Any advice?
  • dei8fandei8fan Posts: 1
    Does anyone have the current, up-to-date specifics of GMC Envoy leases for August 2007? Is the $4000 incentive really not available on leases? One particular dealer has really given me the runaround, and I'm not sure what to believe.

I saw a previous posting with $5400 in incentives, but the dealer is telling me $1850.

Lease rates and residuals (if they have changed) would also be welcomed.

Thanks.
    Hi nigal4u. The selling price that you negotiated on this truck looks reasonable to me. The lease rate and cash incentives look good as well. Let's work up a lease payment and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 GMC Envoy that has an MSRP of $32,400 and a capitalized cost of $24,507 through GMAC right now for 39 months with 10,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $246.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi dei8fan. Unfortunately, the $4,000 consumer cash that General Motors is providing on the 2007 GMC Envoy in your area is not available on leases of it through GMAC. This truck's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 GMC Envoy with 15,000 miles per year are 5.9% and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hey Carman. Edmunds is telling me that the invoice price for an Envoy Denali with a MSRP of $35,860 is $33,563 but the dealer is saying it's actually $34,223. Who is correct?

I've been trying to work a lease with this guy, but he doesn't seem willing to want to knock much off for the capitalized cost. I'm thinking (due to the 08's coming out)that they should be knocking around $4,000 off. Am I spitting in the wind?
  • Carman: How do these numbers look?

New York State
    2008 Envoy
    MSRP 30595
    Selling Price 29300
    Rebates 3100
    Residual 59%
    375 * 39 months
    Pay taxes up front 1200.00
  • Walked into Southern California Dealer today (Livingston GMC)and wife likes a white GMC Envoy Denalli 2WD. MSRP is 37,700 and change. Sales says GMC Rebates total 4500.00 inc. new $500.00 because of So. Calif Fires. As a GE employee get another discount called a GSU (1000.00?). Anyways with discounts taxes and fees the car was to be sold to me on a lease at 30,500 approx. Asked dealers to toss in a DVD players for the kids - she said they would add at cost... Anyways want no money down - have a trade in lease owe 1000.00. She got back to me on a 48 mos. 15,000 lease and told me it was 527.00 per month plus tax. Could not go through GMC because it it 07' which she said ended Oct 1. She she was going through Honda dealership next door which also owns GMC delaership with Bank One. She didnt like the number the weekend guy came up with and said she will check back with the main guy on monday?..
    What should I do and what should i being paying out the door on 07' - was the discount enough?. Seems they are only discounting car about 2000.00 but I"m getting another 5500.00 in rebates... Most concerned about the monthly payments... I have a Toyota Tundra I paid 3500.00 for with no money down, 36 mos 15k per year... also took my trade and added another 4000.00 grand to old lease and payments per month are 530.00.
    It seems on this car payments with tax on 36 mos. lease with 15 k no money down - neagative 1000.00 trade in plus DVD add on should be around 400.00 per month?.
    Please help.
    Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.