Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet TrailBlazer Accessories and Modifications

Comments

• Hi everyone. I recently purchased a 2005 EXT LT with the XM Satellite and GPS all condensed into the LCD touch screen. The vehicle shipped with the North American and Canadian GPS discs. The problem is that I'm living in Iceland and will be here for another 3 years. If possible I'd like to get a disc for Iceland but have not been able to find where to buy a disc if there is any. Does anyone know where I can buy either the GM navigation discs or ones that are compatible with the Trailblazer?
  • woolfman5woolfman5 Posts: 2
    I have a 2003 Trailblazer ext that has just started doing this as well. Has anyone determined what this message means?
  • augie5augie5 Posts: 2
    Just added OEM last week and hardest part was to create a Base for them. Made two L Clamps and hold them to the main frame of the Bumber and then installed back the Bumper cover. I will by the OEM Harness which cost around 25.99 per side and connect them to the Low Beam Headlamp. You can also connect them to the Parking lights to have more versatility.

Augie
    Orlando, FL
  • augie5augie5 Posts: 2
    Does anyone know we're I can find the Wood dash kit for a 2004 Trailblazer. Would like to buy the molded on. Around my Radio the black coating is pelling off and looks pretty bad and would like to cover it.
  • renee2renee2 Posts: 1
    I am just about to sign a deal for a 2WD TB. I am have second thoughts b/c it iisn't a 4WD -- I don't plan to drive it in terrain or on the beach, but I would like to navigate through snow and rain w/o worries. The dealer is convincing me that the rear differential locking system will help. It is an '04 Suggestions?
  • I recently purchased a 2005 Trailblazer with 6 Disc in dash changer, XM radio and Bose upgrade. I wanted to install an auxillary input to control/listen to my iPod. I have seen many different alternatives but am not sure what will work with my setup. Has anyone completed this install previously? Any suggestions/input you can give me? If I have to sacrifice XM or even the CD Changer, that is fine, as I don't see myself using those (they just happened to come with).

Thanks!
  • I just got my TB this august it is an 04 LS with 9000 miles on it. I love it. However during a real good hand washing I did notice the rock pings on the lower back doors. I plan to fix the problem by adding running board. I notice other vehicles that have potential ping problems have that thick textured plastic paint over those areas like along rocker panels and such. :confuse:
  • What are pros & cons to adding K&N FPIK to 2002 Trailblazer?
  • first question, was your exhaust kit especially made for a tb or was it one of the universal kits? was it welded on or did u simply use the clamps that come with it? if u dont mind me asking how much does the exhaust kit run? do have the k&n cold air intake as well as the filter? if so how much hp did it add? I am currently considering making some of these same modifications however I would like to get some opinions on where to start. What do you guys suggest?
  • I've recently purchased a '98 Blazer and notice that the Delco radio/CD player has an AUX function intended for an optional external cassette player. Does anyone know if it is possible to use that input for a Delphi SkyFi2 XM radio? The local Chevy dealer's info shows that there was a 9 conductor cable between the radio and the optional cassette deck but they couldn't come up with any further details (like pin-out, for example). And they want $50 for the cable! Thanks for any help.
  • I bought the same unit along with the rear control modual as well, when I went to the GM garage for a wireing harness they told me that the dash wireing harness was different for the annalog unit vice the digital unit and the replacement one would cost about $960.00.
  • Hello. I have a 2004 TrailBlazer w/o the Bose audio system. I am interested in buying OEM XM and Navigation System parts.

I found an OEM XM part on Ebay (amoungst many "fake" aftermarket kits) but its $350. I remember seeing them before for $300. Doesnt anyone know a way to get one cheaper?

Also, I like the new touchscreen navigation systems (05 version) but they seem to require the BOSE option. Is this because the new navigation systems lack a built-in amp? Can i just buy a cheap amp and keep the speakers I have?

Thanks
  • do you have the part number for the fog lamps for the 2003 TB and is there a web site to purchase the wiring harness. and how did you make a bracket to mount them. I find now way to attache them. once you cut out the hole there is nothing back there. can you help?
  • gmoudygmoudy Posts: 67
    These are the part numbers you will need for the amber turn signal assembly for your mirrors.
    88944062 - Passenger Side
    88944063 - Drivers Side
    This is a fairly easy mod. There's more info on doing the non-turn signal mirror to turn signal swap here: http://envoystuff.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5
  • do you know how to unlock my gm stereo i put it in another van. now what do i do
  • cgollcgoll Posts: 1
    I have the same stereo in my '06. The new car accessory department at my dealer sells 2 devices that will allow you to use the aux button on your radio. One provides standard RCA inputs the other is designed to plug into your ipod.
  • lastarlastar Posts: 30
    Does anyone know if there is an after market sun visor made with a slide out?
    Thanks
  • cgoll,

Do you have a part number on the iPod version? I've talked to 2 different GM dealerships and they both have no idea what I'm talking about. They both recommend that I talk to Apple (which makes no sense) or refer to the car's radio manual (which doesn't tell anything about anything) :confuse: .

I've got an '04 LT with the Bose 6 CD Changer Radio with XM.

Thanks.
  • batovinbatovin Posts: 1
    Anyone know if a 2002 factory dvd will fit in a 2004 model trailblazer?
  • jailer4jailer4 Posts: 2
    DID YOU SEE ANY GAIN IN POWER FROM THE TB SPACER
  • tblazer05tblazer05 Posts: 3
    I'm new to this, but I have made brackets to install factory fog lights to the LS models without them.
    How do I send a message to the LS owners that want to know how I did this?
    Is there a way to send a personal message to members?
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,611
    You just did :shades: -- if you want to post some pics showing how you made and installed the brackets, Check out image - it's a good place to make albums and post your pics.

Steve, Host

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

Now my dumb question
    How exactly do I post my pictures?
    If you go to CarSpace and log in with your Edmunds user name and password, there's an album link that's easy to use -- you just browse your computer files for the photos and add them to the album.

It's a bit trickier to post pics in the discussion. The big problem is that you need a place to host them since only CarSpace is set up to accept photo files. Once you host the photos somewhere, then you would link to them in a post.

A better explanation can be found in the Help link. ;)

Steve, Host

Lets give this a try
    Looks good!

The only suggestion I'd make is to compress the file sizes for our friends still on dial-up.

Steve, Host

• tbl03tbl03 Posts: 1
    Hi all!

I have a 2003 Trailblazer LT EXT and I am looking for the wireless headphones that are for the dvd entertainment system. Does anyone know the model number or part number and where I can purchase them?
  • kenp1985kenp1985 Posts: 1
    I'm looking to mod my 2003 TB LS. I want to install a chip/shift kit, exhaust, and K&N FIPK 77 series. Any advise on selection of exhaust, chip, or shift kit. So far the only exhaust was Borla which runs about 900-1100 dollars...a lot more than i wanted to spend on an exhaust. Any suggestions???
    Thanks
    Ken
  • wbuschwbusch Posts: 1
    I have been thinking about installing the same thing but I don't want my SUV to sound like one of those japanese lawn mowers like honda etc. I have found that flowmaster makes one. Do you know of any one that has installed one and how it sounds, I have a 2005 with the 4.2 litre 6 cylinder?
This discussion has been closed.