Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Meet the Members

Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,032
edited March 7 in Chevrolet
Please take a moment to introduce yourself and share some details about your Silverado!

My name is KarenS and I am the host of the Edmunds.com Owner's Clubs. Please let me know what discussions you would like to see in your Club folder. I will create them ASAP. You may want to take a look through the other clubs to get ideas for discussions.

Also, if you are interested in a live chat, I can arrange that for you. All Club chats are set up on

Tuesdays:
4:00-5:00 pm PT/7:00-8:00pm ET

-or-

Thursdays:
5:00-6:00pm PT/8:00-9:00pm ET
6:00-7:00pm PT/9:00-10:00 ET
7:00-8:00pm PT/10:00-11:00pm ET
(The latter may be rather late for East Coasters, but is available if you want.)

Let me know if you are interested in a chat and the day/time convenient for you.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

KarenS
Host
Owner's Clubs

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

Comments

• ryanbabryanbab Posts: 7,240
    The chat sounds cool

Bad thing is i have school till 10pm mon tue and thursday till august.
  • mpalombompalombo Posts: 186
    Hello,

My name is Mark, I've been on the Avalanche board and the Silverado board for a few months. It's great to be able to get opinions and help from everybody when you need it and to offer it when I can.

My truck is a '00 3 door ext. cab Z71 LS. Its Dark carmine red on top and pewter on bottom with pewter flares. Its pretty much loaded, I didn't get an LT because I prefer cloth seats.

I hope to have my website back up soon!

Mark
  • ricschricsch Posts: 540
    Here's my intro-
    Rick, own a '01 Silverado 2wd x-cab LS,5.3, dark carmine, lowered with Hotchkis coils and springs-2/4 drop, Stull billet grille inserts,billet bowtie emblem, bed rug, ARE hard cover, remote start,tinted door glass, deleted emblems.
  • dallas75dallas75 Posts: 72
    Jerry M. 1999 Z-71 X-Cab, Indigo Blue on top, Pewter on bottom. Westin CPS Platinum Step-Bars, Airaid Intake, APC Carbon Euro-TailLights, BFG AT's 285/16. Future Mods: Borla or PV catback exhaust, Weld EVO Rims.

Later all!
  • valkyvalky Posts: 21
    Conrad R. own a 2001 LT 2WD X-Cab, 5.3L, Pewter, Smittybilt nerfs, Line-X UTR, Bushwacker Diamondback bed-rail caps, K&N air filter, HPIII, MagnaFlow muffler, seat covers(gotta protect the leather), R&D Acc.'s headlight module, Sylvania's Cool Blue headlamp bulbs. Future Mods: Looking at installing a PV cat-back system, power tailgate lock, looking at installing an Airaid, Volent or K&N intake system, still researching.

Valky
  • mrurlmrurl Posts: 116
    But I do have a Sierra, 5.3l, Excab, 3.73 rear locker, 4x2. Pretty maxed out with bucket seats (cloth) etc. With 17000+ miles I still love driving it. I've had it a little over 1 year.

More truck talk can be found at my website, www.gearheadsanonymous.com.

Peter
  • mtrammellmtrammell Posts: 125
    Been on the Silverado thread for almost 2 years now. Don't say much anymore, just laugh a lot listening to Ryan, Red, Quad and the rest.

I currently own a 2K 1500LS XCab 5.3/Auto Ride Control White over Pewter. Ordered a new 2500HD CC LS Duramax/Allison back in May. Order was accepted by GM on 6/7 and yesterday I got a TPW of 7/30. New one will also be white w/graphite interior. Options allow for two tone exterior paint, but GM still won't accept.

Mikey
  • jaguar0027jaguar0027 Posts: 387
    Been on the Rado threads only a few months now. I just got an 01 Rado LS Z71 with ext cab power seats 5.3L 3.73 w/rear locker. Power seats, wheel flares privacy glass, electrochromatic rv mirror pretty much loaded! Only got about 1100 miles and LOVE the truck. My only complaint so far is an annoying squeak behind the drivers seat that Im still trying to figure out!

Nice to meet y'all. Hey Ryan! WHASSSUPPPP???!!!
  • minikinminikin Posts: 389
    It's summer! Summer is cars, trucks, beer, and gf; What are you doing in school? I made the same mistake; 112 semester hours in two years when I was working on my BSEE, but at least I had the excuse that I was married back then.
    -- Don
    I actually took a leave from one job so i have weekends off.
  • 87lion87lion Posts: 166
    I've been around the Edmunds Silverado and pickup topics for about a year and a half. I don't post much but visit often.

I have a 2000 Silverado LS x-cab, longbed, 4.8 L auto, 2WD, 3.42 rear end with locker, Indigo Blue Metallic with Graphite cloth interior, delete carpeting.

I've added the following aftermarket items:
    ARE MX mid-high cap, color matched
    Duraliner under the rail bed liner
    Hidden Hitch Class III hitch
    Aluminum billet hitch cover
    Dee Zee Black Guardian cab length running boards with front mud flaps
    Plasticolor rear mud flaps
    Kraco mats
    Lund Interceptor bug guard
    WeatherTech vent visors
    OSI Swing Away hitch mount bike rack

I've had the truck since April '00 and now have about 25000 miles on it. It has required only routine maintainence and the Goodyear tires have a lot of life left on them.
  • michgndrmichgndr Posts: 160
    Hi. My name's Mark, and I drive a Silverado.

Actually, it's the best one. A lot of people add a lot of extra stuff to theirs, and change tires, and use Zaino, and all sorts of crazy things trying to have as cool a truck as mine, but it's pointless. :-)

'01 xcab Z71 Z82 locker 40/20/40 tan cloth

This one is the BEST

Ryan
    Yours looks kinda bent and scrunched up, and you got a big hunk of useless steel on the front. ;-)
    I use it to push the competition out of my way

Ryan
    Yeah, I remember some discussion about stuck vans and riding lawn mowers before I went on vacation.

BTW, my truck is Forest Green with scattered Japanese Beetle gut spots. Nice.
    mines blue with the front end (and front wheel wells) all muddy

Ryan
  • jaguar0027jaguar0027 Posts: 387
    digital camera so I can keep up with Ryan...

LOL

Jim
  • thomasb2thomasb2 Posts: 5
    Hello everyone, my name is Tom.I live in southern N.H.I own a 2001 2500HD 4wd ext. cab long bed.I ordered it with the 6.0 auto,plow prep,tow package,LS package,aux. battery, bench seat,m/s tires(Firestones),locking diff.,electronic transfer case, and I had the carpet deleted for the rubber floor covering( I am very happy with this as I have three little boys under 8 years old), the color is Victory Red.
  • y2kz71y2kz71 Posts: 1
    Hello everyone, I recognize some of the members from other forums but I am looking forward to having good discussions from this forum. I hope we can help each other out from time to time. I have a 2000 Chevrolet Silverado Z71.
  • mpalombompalombo Posts: 186
    I am also in New Hampshire, more south than you. I'm in Salem. I used to have a friend who lived in Farmington about 10 years ago. I have a 2000 1500 Z71 Ls Ext. cab. I love it, I've had it just over a year now. No major problems, a few minor ones.

Good luck with your truck.

Mark
  • bcobco Posts: 756
    bco here. been around the 'rado threads since the first one. haven't been around for awhile thanks to a new job and place to live, but i'll stop in occasionally. i have a '00 LS that i got in january of '00 (one of the first with four doors) with just about everything but power leather heated seats. add'l options include:
    bilstein shocks, westin cps nerfs, line-x under the rail spray-in, wade bed-rail caps, bazooka tube, 2 100 watt 6" audiobahns (front), 2 50 watt blaupunkt 4x6's in the rear, a 4x75w legacy amp, and a nice big scratch/dent on the passenger side rear flank (*&%#-ing parking garages!).

i do most maintanence myself and recommend my pictrail website to those interested in doing their's themselves too. i've also got some great maintenance documents on word, excel, and powerpoint that i'll be happy to send you if you sign my pictrail guest book.

bco
  • dustyonedustyone Posts: 262
    Kyle: It is good to see ya back. How is the new job going? Check in with your good comments when appropriate.
  • I just purchased a '02 Siverado.... love it. I guess that I'll just keep watching for info in the hall that could be informative.
  • Here in Ohio's snow belt we measure the white stuff in feet, not inches. My 2001 Silverado 1500 4wd ext cab is ready for winter! With the 5.3L I get good gas mileage and it rides and handles like a big luxury car. Coupled with a good dose of common sense, I am looking forward to traveling around the country this winter.
    now all we need is snow (im from mw indiana)

Its been in the 50-60's lately :(
  • rayt2rayt2 Posts: 1,208
    THE SNOWS ON IT'S WAY !
    WHEN?

Supposed to snow tues night but i am doubting that :(
  • Here in NE Ohio my Silverado and I are still patiently waiting for our first snow. Anxious, but not too anxious, to see how this beast does in winter conditions. I do like this mild weather so that I can keep my black beauty clean and free of the road salt. Some snow would be nice for Christmas. Happy Holidays!
    if it dont snow im going to where they make it.

Found a ski place up in michigan. Makes their own snow WOOHOO!!!
This discussion has been closed.