Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra 1500 Owners

Comments

• wdpwdp Posts: 9
    I have a 1993 silverado 1500 4x4. It recently stopped going into 4-wheel drive. I can shift like normal but it is not actually engaging. I was told that it was the 4-wheel drive sensor that is gone. What does this sensor do and where is it located?
  • ccobbccobb Posts: 1
    I have two 1999 Silverados one a 1500 with a 5.3L and the other a 2500 with the 6.0L. The exhaust manifold bolts on the left and right banks are broken off. The Chevy dealer charges over $450/labor plus parts on each bank provided that they dont have to pull the head off. I was just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem. if you have, notify Chevrolet in Detroit (1-800-222-1020) because this should be a recall but Chevrolet is playing it down like it is not a problem, and i know for a fact that there are more trucks with this problem than mine. Here are the steps to Customer service:

STEP ONE -- Discuss your concern with a member of dealership management. Normally, concerns can be quickly resolved at that level. If the matter has already been reviewed with the Sales, Service, or Parts Manager, contact the owner of the dealership or the General Manager.

STEP TWO -- If, after contacting a member of dealership management, it appears your concern cannot be resolved by the dealership without further help, contact the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center by calling 1-800-222-1020. (In Canada, contact GM of Canada Central Office in Oshawa by calling 1-800-263-3777: English, or 1-800-263-7854: French.)

We encourage you to call the toll-free number, listed above, in order to give your inquiry prompt attention. Please have the following information available to give the Customer Assistance Representative:

Your name, address, home and business telephone numbers
    Vehicle Identification Number (This is available from the vehicle registration, title, or the plate above the left top of the instrument panel and visible through the windshield.)
    Dealership name and location
    Vehicle's delivery date and present mileage
    Nature of concern.
    When contacting Chevrolet, please remember that your concern will likely be resolved in the dealership, using the dealer's facilities, equipment and personnel. That is why we suggest you follow STEP ONE first if you have a concern.
  • I have a 2001 Chevy Silverado and want to install an in dash cup holder in place of the cover but not sure it will work since my truck came without a pull out drink holder. Chevy dealer says they are not sure it will work but maybe. Can anyone help me out before I buy one?
    Will the 4-wheel drive actuator from a 96 Yukon work in a 93 Silverado 1500? The 93 Silverado had the older thermally activated type actuator while the 96 Yukon has the newer electrically activated type. I understand that the wiring may be different. If the actuator would work, what would has to be done to make the wiring adapt?
  • bgunnz15bgunnz15 Posts: 6
    Hey how is it going... i have a 2001 Chevy 4.3... my check engine light showed up and i hooked it uo to the machine.. COde P1416 came up... How can i fix this problem? and is it difficult? PLease help!!! Thank You
  • imageI HAVE 2000 SILVERADO XTRA CAB LIFTED W/34 BFs a/t LOOKS BITCHIN AND PERFORMS AWSOME :shades:
    The 4WD in my 93 Silverado 1500 will not engage. I checked the actuator at the front rear-end. It is working. I can hear the actuator motor operating when I shift from 2WD to 4WD and back. I have also removed the actuator and confirmed it works. Also, when I shift to 4WD, the drive shaft from the transfer case to the front end engages. I cannot turn it by hand but can when it is in 2WD. The light indicators on the shift console do not come on. Any ideas what might be going on?
  • mrmarksmrmarks Posts: 1
    i have a 96 four wheel drive silver that doesn't want to steer very well when warmed up steers hard left or right replaced the pump and cant tell whats wrong with it any help or ??????
  • 2000 5.3L Silverado, Z71. My driver side window no longer goes down. I push the button and only hear a click sound. Of course I checked the fuses, but they check good. I have a feeling it is the switch and not the motor in the door, but am not sure. Anybody got anything?
  • I had the same problem. It isn't the switch on the door. It is the door motor for the window. The cable inside had probably broke. You can buy a new motor for 50-75 dollars. All it takes is four bolts and clipping on the new motor. It is easy to fix. Try to buy the motor anywhere but from the dealer. They will soak you. David. ps. Let me know how you make out. :)
  • I have 2005 1500 silverado - can't locate fuse that covers area for chime when key left in ignition - need to find out where it is and named - thanks
  • :D I own a 99 silverado. The two main fuse box locations are on the driver's side instrument panel on the dash. Also under the hood, huge black box. I had bought the HAYNES REPAIR MANUAL at my local autozone parts store. It is loaded with info. My truck has several locations under the steering column for fuses and clips as the book shows. If this doesn't help buy the book. It is worth the 10-15 dollars. It has helped me alot. David.
  • KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516

As you may have noticed, we are reorganizing the Forums to allow better focus and easier searching when you have a particular problem or comment about any given vehicle. We ask that you check the new discussions that you can find at the Group page, linked below. This discussion will not be closed/deleted, so you can still post and search for information in it.

If you don't see a discussion in the group appropriate to your question or comment, start a new one, or send me an email, and I'll point you in the right direction!

Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra Group

Thanks!
    kcram - Pickups Host

Need help navigating? kcram@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• My 02 Z71 with the 5.3 has started burning about 1-1.5 quarts every 3000 miles. I've changed the oil every 3k religiously...no water in the oil or any other visible problem. Does anybody have any ideas? I've tried to search the message boards and haven't found much info. I'm not really wanting to have to rebuild the top end when everything else is supposed to be good for 100k. The dealer says it's within spec. Switching to a heavier weight oil didn't help. Thanks.
  • The first thing I did when I bought my 99 used z71 was to switch to amsoil. It is the best and you only change your oil once a year as well as the oil filter. Look up the website. Been doing it for years. Best investment. Check out the data on it. David. :)
  • lil_elil_e Posts: 6
    Just got a 92 silverado what would be the best way to start fixeng it up
  • ryanbabryanbab Posts: 7,240
    Here is a short video of my magnaflow muffler I had put on last yr. I finally got hi-tech and bought a camcorder

Hows everyone? Anyone still around?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrtVeRrg-Vo
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    LOL!! Bad habits are hard to break.
  • ryanbabryanbab Posts: 7,240
    yep 1st time

Where is everyone?

Still have the titan?
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    and yes still driving the titan