Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra 1500 Owners

Comments

• bcobco Posts: 756
    gotta say hey here too. check out the main listing for all the details.

pics of my truck and info on 'rado maintenance can be found by clicking here

laterz,
    bco
  • zimzamzimzam Posts: 10
    Hi, I am thinking of purchasing a '01 Silverado,1500HD,Crew Cab,4WD, 6.0L. But I have been reading some of the other various messages. I have been noticing that there seems to be a lot of problems with engine noises and cooling problems with the towing. Also seems like the dealer won't help. Does anybody have any insite to this with this vehicle?
  • dgore1dgore1 Posts: 20
    I'd be interested in hearing more about the issues you mentioned in posting #23. I just bought a 1500HD 4wd last Saturday and hadn't seen anything posted to date that questioned this specific vehicle, aside from some suspension sag on the left side of some trucks.
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    Since you have the 6.0, do you have the knock on startup?
  • bmichabmicha Posts: 1
    Does anyone have a source for finding out how much you can tow with the 1500HD? The chevy site doesn't show any info for the 1500HD.
    Any info would be appreciated.
    Thanks
  • New to the forum today. I have '99 Gold 1500 Z71 4X4. 25K miles. Runs great.....still love it. Few problems. All have been covered adequately in the Silverado Problems forum. I'm interested in buying running boards and would like to see discussion of likes and dislikes of the various types on the market. Seems to be lots to choose from. Tks in advance. Will
  • Thanks for the feedback. Will
  • Found this place by luck and look foward to all the tips I'm gettin already.
    Just bought a 2001 Z71 ext.cab long bed.Love it already but look foward to puttin a few mods on it.
  • I have always been impressed by the quiet cabs. However, on my 99 model, I am experiencing a very noisy interior. It appears to be coming from the air exhast vents located behind the passenger seat. These vents seem to have made their appearance beginning in 1999. 2000 and 2001 models also have the air vents, but a heavy rubberized sheild has been attached to the bed to block air flow. Does anyone have any information concerning this?
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    not the rear quarter windows?
  • Anybody put a remote starter on their Silverado? I have a 2000 Ext, Z71 and getting kinda lazy about the cold.

Rob
  • I purchased a 1500 LT series ext. cab dk tinted windows, auto, 2wd, fully loaded w/no leather.
    Dk Maroon w/gold trim.
    Love it, so far no problems bought it in may, have 7152 miles.

Gas Mlg around 20mpg better than my 2002 TrailBlazer.
  • Looking for information about a factory 1-1/2" adjustment kit my dealer says exists to level the front end on a 2002 Z71, but won't give me the part number for it. Anyone know what is included in the kit? I would like to know what I'm paying for.
  • mpalombompalombo Posts: 186
    Mark,

I'm not sure if this is the same thing the dealer is talking about but here is a link to a leveling kit.

http://www.hill4wheeldrive.com/cgi-bin/products.cgi?category=category01&item=5479418692

If the link doesn't work then just go to www.hill4wheeldrive.com and look for the 2.5 inch front leveling kit for Sierra/Silverado.

The web page says it is for 99-01 but I'm sure it will work on the '02 also, you should just call them to verify that.

The cost is 149.00 + shipping, what is the dealer charging?

-Mark

• seaboseabo Posts: 3
    Hello out there! Please check out my homepage@ hometown.aol.com/seabo/myhomepage/auto.html
    GM could do this to you too! Too unbelievable if I didn't have to experience this nightmare first hand...Debbi
  • mazdamarlamazdamarla Posts: 350
    Hi everyone - I usually hang out on the Mazda6 board (as you can prolly tell from my name), but my husband owns a 1999 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 pickup (not the Z71 version). And since Edmunds has such good advice from other owners, I thought I'd post here.

Last night he was driving home - about a 40-minute drive - and a "SERVICE 4WD" light was lit the entire time. He did not have 4WD in gear at the time. This is the first time it's happened. In the 4 years he's owned this truck (he got it new in April of '99), he's not had to use 4WD very often - only a few times when we had a lot of snow, etc. (we're in Michigan).

Any ideas, before he takes it in to the dealer?

Thanks!
  • bigfurbigfur Posts: 649
    Have you tried adjusting the torsion (sp) bar? did it to my 01 1500 LT and leveled off the front end quit nicely. very simple to do too. want to get it alinged after you do it thought, but cheaper than that kit.
       Tom
  • butch23butch23 Posts: 6
    I have a 2000 Z71 with 47000 miles. The rear spring bushings have started "groaning". I have tried everything from WD 40 to rubber lubricant that I bought from my dealer. The rubber lube worked the best but for only about a week. I'm getting tired of crawling under my truck every week to stop the noise. Does anyone have any suggestions? Are there any service bulletins that are out there?

Butch
  • balichbalich Posts: 62
    Go to this website to get ALL car/truck bulletins
    for all vehicles .. pretty slick site .. I saw
    bulletins for stuff I experience .. never knew
    others seen these problems also ..

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/tsb/tsbsearch.cfm