Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra 2500 Owners

This discussion is for the Silverado 2500 owners.

KarenS
Host
Owner's Clubs

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

Comments

• mledtjemledtje Posts: 1,123
    So, I guess I'm it.

Mike L

2000 Silverado 2500 4x4 6.0L 5spd Reg Cab Longbed

Average mpg - 14.0 w/pop up camper

Longest trip 7500 miles to West Virginia, Michigan and back to California

Mike L
  • rayt2rayt2 Posts: 1,208
    2000 Silverado Ext.Cab 3dr., 2500 Shortbed 2wd, 5.3 4spd. auto, locker, trailer pkg. Installed Borla Cat Back Dual Exhaust at 700 miles (anybody need a new o.e.m. exhaust system??)

Ordered 12/99, Built 2/9/00 Took delivery 2/26/00 - 17000 miles to date, no major problems 12-14 mpg around town 17.8 mpg best highway so far.
    Towing 18 1/2' travel trailer 10 mpg. Well didn't buy it for the mileage obviously.
    Pics @ www.picturetrail.com/rayt2/60054

Ray T.
  • careyacecareyace Posts: 44
    2000 silverado ext cab s.b. LT with fourth door 6.0,3:73 gears. mpg,not so good. Put on a few after market accessories.I pull a 29' fifth wheel camper and other toys.See the pics at http://www.picturetrail.com/careyace I have pics of some accessories and some of my c/k trucks I had too.No problems to speak of as of now.Bought it off the lot in March 2000 and its got 18000 miles.
    Stuck in a pic of the window sticker too.
    Andrew E.
  • jovanottijovanotti Posts: 1
    2001 Silverado 2500HD 4WD, SB, 4dr, 4.1 axle, 6.0L engine, auto, snow plow prep. Picked it up just a week ago. LOVE IT!! We'll see how things go as I rack up the miles. Not happy with the Chevy splashguards -- not long enough to keep the mud (and my gravel driveway) from hitting the rocker panels. Would have preferred the painted running boards, but told by the dealer that they wouldn't work with the wheel flares (which come standard). Opted for wheel-to-wheel step rails, due in a week. Also planning on getting a rhinoliner. Anyone had any experience with them?
    Jovanotti
  • ryanbabryanbab Posts: 7,240
    Have had my rhino liner since april of 2000.

Its great

No negative things to report about it
    Last I heard it was a 1500. Or are you wishing you bought a real truck? haha
    Go to my photo album and take a look at the mud flaps I installed (they would be under the Borla photos), they are readily available at any good auto parts store (Autozone, Pep Boys, etc) and the install involed no drilling into the truck metal I used all existing holes to install, they are 100% better then those preformed ones that do diddly when they are needed most, cover more surface area and don't trap dirt behind them as the preformed do.
    http://www.picturetrail.com/rayt2/60054

Ray T.
  • careyacecareyace Posts: 44
    I think you met to respond to jovanotti in regards to the splash guards. If you look at my pics I didn't have any when the pics were taken but I have since put on the "preformed" guards and they seem to work pretty well.

jovaotti,I also did a spray in liner but I did line-x. I think the bigger name liners all hold up good but I could be wrong.

Andrew E.
    Be sure to check behind those preformed mud guards now & then because they do tend to trap dirt/sand/grit between them and the body making the paint prematurely wear off and rust to invade the space.
    Been there done that....

Ray T.
  • I'm thinking about the Duramax-Allison LS/LB for towing a 30 ft Sunnybrook 5th. the max the 5th can weigh loaded is 12,700. I hope to stay at least 1000lbs below that. I'm getting scared about the fuel mileage reports with the 8.1 gas, and I'm going to be "fulltiming it". that's why I'm thinking Duramax. I have no diesel experience at all so any input is welcome. I have a couple of friends who say diesel!! Anyone out there towing with this with at least a few months on it?
    check out

http://www.thedieselpage.com

Plenty of good info there i have heard

(hope the link works)

Ryan

• mrbergmrberg Posts: 2
    hello everyone

I will be buying a 2001 2500HD 4WD crew cab AS with the 6.0L automatic no other options and I'm wondering if anyone can give me some advice for the dealer discussion and if anyone can give me they're opinion on the truck/options/accessories needed

thanks
    Mike
    USN
    ask the salesman to see the invoice of the truck you want to buy (shows how much the dealer pays for the truck)
  • gator34gator34 Posts: 3
    Just bought my 2500HD ext. cab, 6L, 4x4, LS. Paid about 700 under invoice & about 4200 under sticker. They're trying to sell fast to make room for the 2002's. Good luck.
  • mrbergmrberg Posts: 2
    well ive tried to nagotiate for my new 2500hd 4wd swb ls crewcab 6.oL auto tranny and dont like what ive heard so far to all you owners perspective buyers what are you getting for price quotes if i may ask lowest ive seen is $33,900 for a this truck and it has no other options ive found that invoice is on $29,286 is this the best ill get or should i wait for the price i have already been offered the 2500 SLT lariet 4x4 quad cab with the cummins turbo diesel and a tona cover for $29,248.00 please i need help
  • Left the truck in the driveway for a week and when I started it, the transmission wouldn't go into gear. Brought it into the dealer and they told me this is a defect in the transmission. It seems that the fluid drains into the pan and creates an air pocket. Called GM complaint central and they agreed. Problem is they don't have a fix. Anyone out their with a similar problem. would appreciate your comments.

Nick
  • indian4,
    I encountered the same problem with mine. I have a 2500hd with allie and 15K miles so far and love everything about except that problem of leaving it set for awhile. There are two filters in this tranny, the one you can see and change (control main oil filter, a spin on) and one that is similar to all other auto trannys (suction filter which requires pan removal to change). I agree there is no EASY fix to this problem which is really no big deal, heck we only pay 30K+ for these vehicles. I think there needs to be a check valve (or flapper valve) somewhere between the coverter housing and front support module to prevent the oil draining from the directional flow control valve to the pan. I haven't had it for about five months now but when I did have it I simply moved the shift selector from reverse to low twice and it got me moving again, I think this directs the flow the fastest from the pan back into the flow control module.
    Regards
    ndared1
  • Hi all...we took delivery (only waited 4 weeks and a day) about a month ago and have put 1500 trouble free miles on our 4 X 2, 6.0, auto (chevy), crew cab LB. I am happy so far besides the dealer lies and mistakes...clearance lights were missing on delivery and they refuse to put 'em on and they lost our discount coupon (my step-brother works for GM and we got such a deal it would make you sick) and found out the salesman tried to use it again for a friend of his..GM came down on them hard and fast...BOOM. They really got spanked! Put 25 110 lb bales of hay in the other day..didn't even know they were back there till I got home and had to unload 'em all..damn horses!....Oh yeah..4 tank fulls getting about 13.5 MPG
  • go to post your lemons here board if you dare, I had a 2k ls with 6.0 and loved it , bought this 2001 lt to spoil myself and it was a nightmare.picked up a 2002 2500hd LS 6.0 and i am back in dream land and getting more that 8mpg again , thank god
  • I bought a 2002 Indigo 2500HD 4x4 6.,4.10, Xcab,SB and I love it. This is the smoothest driving truck yet. I bought it 8/23, and have 4300 miles with 0 problems. I will use it to pull my snowmobiles, and they seem like nothing for this truck. The 4.10 gears work well, and I still get 13-14 mpg on avg.