Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Sebring Owners - Meet the Members

Comments

• jarrod4jarrod4 Posts: 3
    Hey, I'm Jarrod and I've had my LXi coupe since December 15, '00. I've got almost 14k miles on it and everything is going smooth. The only other problem I've noticed is that the little scrathes show up pretty easily on this particular color. Plus, commuting an hour to work everyday doing 75mph gives me a crap-load of bugs on the front and those show up like the scratches. Everyone loves the car as I am pretty easy going about letting people drive it. Sometimes, however, I wish I woulda gotten the 5-speed then throw that AEM cold-air intake on there. A friend of mine has the Stratus coupe, which I convinced her to buy, just so I can trade with her every now and again since she has the 5-speed! I still don't see too many 2001 Sebring or Status coupes out there, which, as we know is quite nice!
  • sp01sp01 Posts: 81
    I looked up those two bras on the Chrysler site. The small one won't work for me, since the few chips I've gotten are right on the nose (one on the hood, though). So I'm thinking seriously about the full nose treatment.

One thing: says it's precut for the license plate. I have zero intent of re-installing that bracket (without a fight)! Does it only come that way?

Gave a ride to a co-worker to a company lunch yesterday. On the way home, she suggested we could perhaps become lost. I attribute her rather pleasant suggestion soley to the car...
  • sebargesebarge Posts: 50
    Hi all,

We bought our car new in 1998, but I am still as excited about it now as if it were a brand new 2001.

Ours is Candy Apple Red Metallic Tint with Sandalwood Cloth Top and Camel Leather Interior.

It now has almost 54,000 miles on it, and has been ultra reliable. We plan to keep it for many more years.

We have added several things to it, so please check out my site to see pictures of it:

http://convertiblencats.homestead.com/mycar.html

Beth
    You goof! "Oil painting!"...;-)

Nice looking ride. Are you happy with the bra? I'm contemplating one for my LXi coupe.

Mark
  • sebargesebarge Posts: 50
    Hi Mark,

Yes, I am pleased with the bra. I got it at the Chrysler dealership a couple years back, and the fit is very good. With love bugs twice per year, I was forced to do something, as those buggers will take the paint off the car. I also always use it for long trips so that the paint won't get chipped from whatever is flying back from trucks or cars. I don't leave it on all the time, and I make sure there is a good coat of wax underneath.

Good luck with your coupe, & thanks for checking out my site. :)

Beth

http://convertiblencats.homestead.com
  • ldarbyldarby Posts: 1
    I just bought my car yesterday. It's a 98 white exterior with camel interior. I've never owned a convertible. (Actually, I'm still in shock that I bought it! I'm a very practical person by nature.) Any tips on care would be appreciated. I've already discovered the need for the bra. Summer here brings out lots of bugs!!
    Congrats!

Welcome to the club!
  • silverkatsilverkat Posts: 1
    Hi: I'm Glen, also known as Silverkat, my sign in name.. I just put up a site featuring my LXI with some pictures, ordinary, but, it makes me happy. http://www.lxi.cc My car's a

2K1 Black LXI coupe with a 5 speed. Has gray leather, chrome 17"wheels, moonroof, basically the whole package...I've tinted the windows 35/25, which is legal in Virginia, and added a cold air induction system.. Will be doing more,as time goes by. Haven't seen another coupe, yet, got mine in March. Only have 3K on the odometer, so far...Love it...
  • venez68venez68 Posts: 2
    Great looking car,good luck with it!
  • I've had my '97 Sebring Convertible for over a year now. I love it (except for the brakes - see other postings). I bought it with only 36K miles on it and plan to put many more. It's black with Tan Vinyl Top and a V-6.

I would like to see a problem and solutions discussion.
  • Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,024
    That discussion has been created!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• Hi everyone! I am glad that I can finally join this group! I pick up my 2001 Limited Sebring convertible tomorrow!

My car is sterling blue satin glow with the Limited dark navy top and navy and cream interior. As of right now, it has only six miles on it, but that will change as soon as I get my hands on it! I'm taking off from work on Friday so that I can drive around in it all day long! I am really excited!!!
  • drwilscdrwilsc Posts: 140
    Congrads. Your car sounds beautiful! Please post pictures! I would like to have bought a convertable, but combine living in northeastern Ohio (only about 5-6 good convertable months / year) and having a 9 month old son and I went with the sedan instead. Mine is a silver LX with the 2.7 V6, CD changer, and sunroof. I've had it about 7 months now and still absolutely love it.
  • Fell in love with this color right away. Picked up my 2002 Saturday. I live in Indiana, so it wasn't a practical choice...but who wants to be practical all the time. Have had the top down a few times, but have been too busy at work to take an extended drive. Looking forward to the spring when I can take the car to Arizona and really enjoy the sunshine.
  • leebealeebea Posts: 25
    Congratulations! and welcome to the club. There needs to be another discussion group in the TH for Sterling Blue Limited convertible owners. You're probably the first of the 2002 owners. I've been trying to see one to see if there is any difference at all from the 2001's.
    Indiana's no less practical than Massachusetts but like you say, who wants to be practical all the time. In any case, it's a great looking vehicle top up or top down. It's just more fun top down.
    Wishing you many trouble free and happy miles,
    Lee B.
  • jswtnjswtn Posts: 1
    I bought a 2002 Sebring Coupe LXi, dark titanium, leather, chrome 17" wheels, sunroof, and autostick at the end of October. My wife wants me to park it for the winter. She wants to save mileage and minimize winter wear the first year. I have 2600 miles on it. I love the looks. The other night turning left through an intersection, I noticed a black sebring owner staring at my car with his mouth wide open. I guess he liked it too. The dark titanium really seems to shine at night. The chrome wheels don't hurt it either. So far everything has been running fine. I have noticed a slight hesitation when I use the autostick and shift up. I will have the dealership check it when I take it in for 3k checkup. It seems the car is quicker from a stop when using the autostick. Anyone else noticed this. Enjoy reading everyone's comments.
  • I had to make a new car purchase when I discovered my trusty 1995 Dodge (with 106K) miles needed a new engine. I could just see the transaxle going after I invested $3K in parts and labor for the engine, so I went shopping for a new car. I had planned on getting a Dodge Stratus, but surprise! Got a fantastic deal on an '02 Sebring LX, my lil' black beauty -- just $16,200 out the door. I'm a devoted Chrysler Corp man, but this is my favorite one yet! She drives like a charm, and gets a lot of admiring glances and even stares. Coming out of a Spirit, I'm gonna have to get used to that! :-)

Question: does Chrysler make the trendy clear taillights for this vehicle? (I wasn't able to find anything on the Mopar site; one of the links is bad for the accessories.) I don't notice many American makes with them, but you never know. I think they would look pretty sweet on this vehicle, especially in black, and wouldn't mind making the investment in them.

If anyone here knows, sharing the info would be appreciated. Thanks much!

SMB
  • magnusvtmagnusvt Posts: 2
    I just bought a 2002 LXi convertible in Deep Sapphire Blue. I got it with tapue leather, heated seats, 4-disc changer, and anti-lock brakes. Only one word can describe my first week of ownership: WOW. I love this car, and I wouldn't change a thing about it. Talk about a head turner, someone pulled up next to me and rolled down their window just to tell me how much they liked it. I used to drive a 1990 Nissan Maxima SE, so I too have had to get used to the stares :-). I could go on for pages... WHAT A CAR.
  • jin_satxjin_satx Posts: 40
    Just picked up my 2002 LXI convertible on May 31st.
    Damn thing is drop dead gorgeous. Lt. Almomd Pearl, tan cloth top, Sandstone leather interior.
    Had sports car convertibles in the past and one 89 Mustang GT convertible, but it had been 9 years since the GT and I just had to have another convertible. Everybody I know is calling it my mid-life crises car (54 years old), but I just call it fun, fun, fun, fun, and happy, happy, happy. Traded a 2000 Passat GLX, crazy huh, nope, I liked the Passat, but no fun. I just love this car and plan on keeping it forever. Will keep it garaged and well maintained and in a few years it will only be used for weekends and special days.

Can you love a machine? You can if it's a gorgeous Sebring Convertible.
  • wkhowlandwkhowland Posts: 7
    The Car Connection Spy Report has the '03 Coupe getting change to the front and rear. Does anyone have sketches or pics of the '03.

In suspence,

Raven