Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Sebring Owners - Meet the Members

Comments

• Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,027
    That discussion has been created!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• Hi everyone! I am glad that I can finally join this group! I pick up my 2001 Limited Sebring convertible tomorrow!

My car is sterling blue satin glow with the Limited dark navy top and navy and cream interior. As of right now, it has only six miles on it, but that will change as soon as I get my hands on it! I'm taking off from work on Friday so that I can drive around in it all day long! I am really excited!!!
  • drwilscdrwilsc Posts: 140
    Congrads. Your car sounds beautiful! Please post pictures! I would like to have bought a convertable, but combine living in northeastern Ohio (only about 5-6 good convertable months / year) and having a 9 month old son and I went with the sedan instead. Mine is a silver LX with the 2.7 V6, CD changer, and sunroof. I've had it about 7 months now and still absolutely love it.
  • Fell in love with this color right away. Picked up my 2002 Saturday. I live in Indiana, so it wasn't a practical choice...but who wants to be practical all the time. Have had the top down a few times, but have been too busy at work to take an extended drive. Looking forward to the spring when I can take the car to Arizona and really enjoy the sunshine.
  • leebealeebea Posts: 25
    Congratulations! and welcome to the club. There needs to be another discussion group in the TH for Sterling Blue Limited convertible owners. You're probably the first of the 2002 owners. I've been trying to see one to see if there is any difference at all from the 2001's.
    Indiana's no less practical than Massachusetts but like you say, who wants to be practical all the time. In any case, it's a great looking vehicle top up or top down. It's just more fun top down.
    Wishing you many trouble free and happy miles,
    Lee B.
  • jswtnjswtn Posts: 1
    I bought a 2002 Sebring Coupe LXi, dark titanium, leather, chrome 17" wheels, sunroof, and autostick at the end of October. My wife wants me to park it for the winter. She wants to save mileage and minimize winter wear the first year. I have 2600 miles on it. I love the looks. The other night turning left through an intersection, I noticed a black sebring owner staring at my car with his mouth wide open. I guess he liked it too. The dark titanium really seems to shine at night. The chrome wheels don't hurt it either. So far everything has been running fine. I have noticed a slight hesitation when I use the autostick and shift up. I will have the dealership check it when I take it in for 3k checkup. It seems the car is quicker from a stop when using the autostick. Anyone else noticed this. Enjoy reading everyone's comments.
  • I had to make a new car purchase when I discovered my trusty 1995 Dodge (with 106K) miles needed a new engine. I could just see the transaxle going after I invested $3K in parts and labor for the engine, so I went shopping for a new car. I had planned on getting a Dodge Stratus, but surprise! Got a fantastic deal on an '02 Sebring LX, my lil' black beauty -- just $16,200 out the door. I'm a devoted Chrysler Corp man, but this is my favorite one yet! She drives like a charm, and gets a lot of admiring glances and even stares. Coming out of a Spirit, I'm gonna have to get used to that! :-)

Question: does Chrysler make the trendy clear taillights for this vehicle? (I wasn't able to find anything on the Mopar site; one of the links is bad for the accessories.) I don't notice many American makes with them, but you never know. I think they would look pretty sweet on this vehicle, especially in black, and wouldn't mind making the investment in them.

If anyone here knows, sharing the info would be appreciated. Thanks much!

SMB
  • magnusvtmagnusvt Posts: 2
    I just bought a 2002 LXi convertible in Deep Sapphire Blue. I got it with tapue leather, heated seats, 4-disc changer, and anti-lock brakes. Only one word can describe my first week of ownership: WOW. I love this car, and I wouldn't change a thing about it. Talk about a head turner, someone pulled up next to me and rolled down their window just to tell me how much they liked it. I used to drive a 1990 Nissan Maxima SE, so I too have had to get used to the stares :-). I could go on for pages... WHAT A CAR.
  • jin_satxjin_satx Posts: 40
    Just picked up my 2002 LXI convertible on May 31st.
    Damn thing is drop dead gorgeous. Lt. Almomd Pearl, tan cloth top, Sandstone leather interior.
    Had sports car convertibles in the past and one 89 Mustang GT convertible, but it had been 9 years since the GT and I just had to have another convertible. Everybody I know is calling it my mid-life crises car (54 years old), but I just call it fun, fun, fun, fun, and happy, happy, happy. Traded a 2000 Passat GLX, crazy huh, nope, I liked the Passat, but no fun. I just love this car and plan on keeping it forever. Will keep it garaged and well maintained and in a few years it will only be used for weekends and special days.

Can you love a machine? You can if it's a gorgeous Sebring Convertible.
  • wkhowlandwkhowland Posts: 7
    The Car Connection Spy Report has the '03 Coupe getting change to the front and rear. Does anyone have sketches or pics of the '03.

In suspence,

Raven
  • cooldivacooldiva Posts: 2
    I just purchased a new 2003 sebring Lxi with black exterior and leather inside. It is beautiful!! Also a in-dash 4 disc CD changer! Not to mention the mounted controls on the steering wheel. The leather inside looks 100% better than my 98 LXI. The new one looks so sporty, stylish, and sleek!!! I love those 17" wheels!! I tinted the windows it just looks fabulous. Oh yea 200HP!!
  • adp3adp3 Posts: 446
    I seem to remember someone had posted pics of his/her Sebring convert. and they had bought an aftermarket wind screen - has anyone else done this? Does it work?
  • zaxxon25zaxxon25 Posts: 3
    Cooldiva, sounds like you and I purchased very similar vehicles. In February I picked up a black 2003 Sebring LXi couple, 5 speed with leather & sunroof. So far no problems. In comparison with my old Nissan Maxima it handles quite a bit better and is much quieter, but does not accelerate as quickly.

The wind deflectors definitely help reduce wind noise from the open sunroof. Mine is quite noisy at speed and definitely needs one. I noticed the dealer was selling them for $95 installed. There are various aftermarket ones you can purchase as well for half the price.
  • jneo25jneo25 Posts: 1
    Just got a 2004 and love it. It's so fun!
  • tonytoptonytop Posts: 2
    Just returned from a day of "looking" at several dealerships.. found the right mix .. car, dealer and salesperson.. WOW! now i own my long sort after dream! A 2004 limited with the 6 cd chgr, heated seats for my tush in the cold days and a "touch " shifter ! All enclosed in a bright silver ! Makes me feel like a youngster again.
  • ml18ml18 Posts: 1
    Got a good deal, $20,500 out-the-door. Great looking silver pearl, V6, next to top of line goodies. But, the worst brakes of any car I owned. On rainy highway, when first you hit the brakes you get a heart attack. Nothing, for a long second or so. I heard others with the same problem. Also, lost trans fluid from cooler hose leak. A full week wait for parts, back-ordered everywhere. Maybe a lot of failures. Then the old "check engine" light showed up a brake control module needed replacing. Again, the little light required the main control module to be replaced, only a $900 job if out of warranty. Not long after, the blower control stopped working. Now, at 31,000 the trans or cv joint hums at around 40 or 45. What else is coming?
    I hope for some feedback from you members. I have just joined, and I don't see much action on this chat. Dead since Aug. 5th. Where'd y'all go?I'm Marty, ml18
  • leebealeebea Posts: 25
    I'm really surprised to see a relatively new Sebring convert with the problems Marty (ml18) is having. Makes you wonder what the previous history was. Marty, have you tried to use Carfax.com? I'd be an unhappy owner too if I was you. Will the dealer work with you to overcome these unusual problems? I'm sure my dealer would, but after going to some of these message boards he may be the exception.
    Sorry for the feedback delay but I don't check the TH often because there isn't much activity. Back in '01 when I bought my '01, there was a lot of activity here. I don't know where everyone went.
    Lee B.
  • Hello everyone,

I am thinking of buying 97 or 98 Chrysler Sebring coupe. I heard from some people I talked to that Chrysler is a weak car in terms of load carrier parts, like wheel brackets, suspension elements etc. However, none of them ever owened one, so It would not be a good idea to believe them 100%.
    Here I read of other several problems Chryslers have.

What will real Chrysler owners recommend - to be or not to be. I leave in Russia and wanted to order one form US. We have a Chrysler dealership and parts avaliable, but if it is going to be a problem car......you understand.

my e-mail: evdokimovm@inbox.ru

I would really appreciate some feedback on this issue.

Thanks.
  • tr13tr13 Posts: 10
    Go and look at the other chat boards - problems and Sebring Convertible. I have had a ton of problems with my 2002 Sebring Covt. I currently have a love/hate relationship with my car. I keep waiting for the next thing. Here is my list of issues:
    Window regulators had to be replaced.
    Tranny cooling line leak.
    AC honk - TSB for this.
    Ticking noise - TSB for this also. New mount had to added to the exhaust system.
    My tranny is very rough when downshifting from 2nd to 1st. Took it into the dealer 3 times, no help. I would never recommend to anyone to buy another Chrysler. Good luck with yours.
  • rogerb1rogerb1 Posts: 1
    In Jul 1998, I purchased a '96 Sebring Conv w/25k miles on it and paid $12k. I added a new set of tires for ca. $400. I presently have 80k miles on it, have put about $5k in maintenance & repairs incl. new heated rear window, replaced an oxygen sensor in the engine, & just today put on another set of new tires ($340). The top is beginning to go and will need to be replaced this year of next (about $600 incl. labor). Otherwise, I love the 2.4 liter 4-cylinder engine -- it's peppy, great mileage (32 interstate/26 city), it's a fun car and I recommend it to everyone. But, I can't see spending what they want for new ones ($25-32k).
  • bandre6bandre6 Posts: 1
    I purchased a screen through Morpar for my 2002 Sebring Unlimited. I had the dealership install it. I like it and it does help.
  • dlkdlk Posts: 8
    Does anyone have recommendations for getting an extended warranty for my '03 Sebring LXi sedan? Company names and cost? The dealership is sending me their information to obtain one, but I do not trust them fully (I've been back multiple times for various problems, some of which are still not remedied).
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,027
    I suggest you read through and post your question in this topic in Smart Shopper:

Extended Warranties

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• marthonamarthona Posts: 1
    Hello, everyone!!!! I would like some advice about a possible purchase: 2004 Sebring Coupe Limited brand new - off the door I will be owing $13,000. I'm trading my 2004 Toyota Matrix, good car, but it's a big difference froim a 4-cyl to a 6-cul. I will be paying only $7.00 more a month. How would you recommend this car? What about insurance? I'm paying $2,104 a year for my Matrix, way too high for this type of car. How much do you pay for insurance? I am in Miami, Florida. Thanks in advance.
  • lilonelilone Posts: 2
    Hi!
    I have just purchased a beautiful light blue 2003 Sebring LX Sedan with 31,000 miles for $10K! I absolutely love it! It already started to give me a minor problem but it is under warranty so it's no big deal. Overall I am very satisfied. I love the gauges! I plan to "pimp" it out. I going to tint the windows, put a custom interior, put a sound system, and probably put 20" chrome wheels on it. I just have to save some money first. I have big dreams for my car...hopefully I can make them come true. I reccomend this car to everyone! Very clean ride and drives great!
  • I have a 2000 Chrysler Sebring convert. The windshield washer does not work, I took it to the shop they wanted $450.00 to install a new multi function switch, we had it put in for 160.00 by a friend, we still have the same problem :cry: my wipers work fine, I just cannot get any fluid to wash the windshield, has anyone had this problem, if so please send me the fix :cry:
  • 2003 lx Sebring has the most beautiful rear end of all cars,include gals, like Monroe, Grable and include the robust enormity of Nicole. If Chrysler in 2007 disengages on Sebring's lucious rear end......I will not buy another Chrylers Sebring model. Cars like the 2003 Sebring LX does have a unique sexual DNA. For men..... the rear end is the most important and impressive aspect of artistic form.
  • I purchased a 2004 sebring limited, i have had a few problems with it, the brakes sound terrrrrible, and the biggest problem of all is leaking on the drivers side floor board of the car, has anyone had any problems like this have taken it to the dealer three different times
  • Hey all!! I just bought a 2005 Sebring Touring, the first car that is costing more than a couple grand. Scary to say the least. But after reading some reviews I am feeling a little better. :) Anyone here have one of these?
  • neonitisneonitis Posts: 11
    Hey KarenS. Hello I am David in Dallas,Texas. I bought a 2005 Sebring Touring convertible with 21k. It has been the quietest car i have ever owned, with the exception of the slight noise from the vinyl top. Verry comfortable ride. Suede/Leather seats, computer trip monitor, V6-2.7, and i guess the infinity sound system, cuz it sure is "loud". I have taken it to Louisiana, about 720 mile round trip and got about 28.9 mpg. I installed a K&N air filter, and a windblocker. I'm impressed in the solid feel of the transmission shifting. The "hard Brakes on wet highway" was the first for me tho. Kinda scarey. I'm looking for a front strut tower bar to stiffen up the front end flexing when cornering and for reducing the cowl shake.For what have you had to pay "couple grand"? What kind of experiences have you had with your sebring? Have you installed any mods etc? And where are you at in the USA?
This discussion has been closed.