Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Sebring Owners - Meet the Members

124»

Comments

• That did the trick! Thank you so very, very much.

Sleepy
  • oldcemoldcem Posts: 309
    I agree with you. My 05 Sebring pucked its tranny at 32K miles. It was out of service for a month and a half. After that it was an assortment of various quality issues and numerous trips to the shop. After 14 Chryslers - this is my last one. A friend of mine at work bought a 07 Sebring for his daughter - they're now trying to lemon-law it.

Regards:
    OldCEM
  • I have a 2002 chrysler sebring 2.7L v6. I cannot get to the back 3 spark plugs to change them out and cannot get to the air filter...Can someone guide me in how to do these tasks please? :sick:
  • My Sebring is a '99 so this might not help, but I had my spark plugs changed at 100,000 miles and the mechanic could only reach the rear set from UNDER the car. He cursed all the time he was changing those plugs, so I could see that it was not an easy job. As for the air filter, on the '99s it is right up front, so they must have moved it on the '02s.

My Sebring, by the way, is one of the best Chryslers I've ever owned - and I bought my first Chrysler product in 1962 - and I have four of them in my carport right now, from a '57 through an '05 and I have no complaints about any of them.
  • fezofezo Posts: 9,328
    Whoa! What's the 57?
  • Hi KarenS
    I do not know if you are still working there .,because your message is dated 2001
    I am new here I bought a brand new sebring 2007 on December last year one of the reason was it had a discount because the year was almost over and they wanted to sell all 07 vehicles, so any way after a month I bought it I started felling when you put the brakes on when you are coming to a stop, it push is it self or pull it self to the front , like one of the member here describe it a shimmy,vibration or pulse.
    I already took it to the dealer and they " did not find anything wrong " but it still
    keeps doing it and I think even a little harder and I only have three months with this car!!
    Do you know anything about this or anyone else with the same problem?
    thank you in advance for your attention to this matter
    Regards
  • ClairesClaires Chicago areaPosts: 976
    Hi, yoyis2024,

I see that you've already found the Sebring Brakes Problems topic, where it looks as though several members have been describing this problem for a couple of years. Please feel free to continue the discussion there. Hope you find an answer soon :)

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• phlakey101phlakey101 Posts: 1
    Hey im looking at a red 1999 Chrysler Sebring JXI Convertible to buy but my friend thinks it is a womans car what do you all think?
  • cliff11cliff11 Posts: 10
    I have recently passed the 20,000. mark on my 07 Sebring with no major problems (I did have to replace a light bulb). The mileage just keeps improving as the engine gets broken in (averaging 40 mpg on long trips), and the car still feels like brand new!. This is my 11th new vehicle and is by far my favorite in quality, luxury. and reliability. This is my first Chrysler and I wonder why I waited to long to own one.
  • Not a chance! Sounds like your friend has been watching too many episodes of "Two and a Half Men". I've had my '99 convertible since it was 6 months old and it attracts attention from both men and women. The president of our home owners association practically drools everytime I drive it to meetings. It's been a fantastic car and the only trouble I've ever had with it is a catalytic converter that failed (I got some bad gas somewhere along the way) and the A/C compressor self-destructed last summer, but those were not major problems, in my opinion. And Chrysler paid every penny of the cost to replace the converter. On top of that, the car still gets 32 MPG on the highway and even the top, leather, body, etc. are still in perfect condition. Not bad for a car that's almost 10 years old.

Richard Welch
  • I bought a '02 Sebring in the Spring and it is running fine. 74K miles. However, recently I noticed that it seemed to lose power sometime while driving. I thought it was time to get a tune up anyway with winter approaching. But what is ludicris is, I was charged just under $150, and all they did was change the plugs. Are the plugs that difficult to get to? Or was I just ripped off?
  • joevgjoevg Posts: 2
    72.00 for my 2003 sedan at strauss automotive in n.j.
  • tedebeartedebear Posts: 832
    But what is ludicris is, I was charged just under $150, and all they did was change the plugs

Wow - that kind of money would probably be more than enough to buy a service manual on CD and the tools to change them yourself. A free Google how-to is probably out there, too.

I have an 07 Sebring V6 and I've heard the back 3 plugs are difficult to change. However, when it is time to change them I will not pay someone more than 1/2 the cost of new plugs for the labor. I'll gladly take everything apart in the garage some weekend and do it myself if I have to. Might even be fun. ;)
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,018
    An advertising agency would like to speak with satisfied Chrysler Sebring drivers. If you own or regularly drive one of these vehicles, please respond to jwahl@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than Friday, October 31st.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• jschulmanjschulman Posts: 1
    What is a realistic value for a Chrysler Sebring 2006 convertible with leather upholstry. It has about 28,000 miles on it and is being sold as part of an estate. It is in good to excellent condition, but hasnt been driven in 1 year since the owner died. Does anyone know what kind of factory warrantees typically come with this kind of car?
  • jpfjpf Posts: 496
    I believe the basic warranty for 2006 Chrysler vehicles was 3 years or 36k miles whichever occurred first. Good luck.
  • fratmanfratman Posts: 2
    My name is Jack.I just purchased (03/2010) an 08 black over black Sebring
    Touring convertible. I just turned 67 & feel like I'm in my 20's again w/the top
    down & the classic rock station turned up! One problem-the dealer didn't have
    the owners manual in the car & I would really like to get one ASAP-any suggestions? I live in the Dallas area so if there any Sebring owners clubs I would
    be interested in finding out. Look forward to hearing from you, thanks.
  • There are several of them on eBay right now. Just go to ebay.com and put 2008 Sebring manual in the search box and they're come right up.

Richard Welch
  • fratmanfratman Posts: 2
    Thanks for your suggestion-I'll give it a try.
  • rbeasleyrbeasley Posts: 3
    Just purchased a new 2010 Sebring Touring. I had a 07. The 2010 is improved. It is a lot quiter. My wife loves this vehicle, so I hardly get to drive it. She says it is a womens car. Ok I agree, but I like driving it too. Test drove other cars but came back to the Sebring. Best of all The 2010 Chrysler Sebring and 2010 Dodge Avenger was named by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) as the 2009 Top Safety Picks.
  • jessie324jessie324 Posts: 1
    Hi!
    I have a chrysler sebring convertable 1997 V6 engine. It likes to decide when it will and will not start. For the past... about 2 years it will start and then sometimes it won't. Usually i can wait a few hours and it'll start again, sometimes it's a mater of minutes and sometimes it takes days. I've changed the distributer cap, the battery (twice, once on the warranty),alternator, starter, fuel pump, spark plugs, valve cover gaskets, crank sensor.... I think that's it! lol
    Sometimes the thing that says how many miles you've gone goes out.
    When I try to start it it sounds like it's trying to turn over, all the normal dash lights come on and so does the radio. Sometimes i noticed it helps to turn the radio down then off.
    Any ideas? anyone with the same problem? Everyone i've talked to has no idea!
  • budhirajabudhiraja Posts: 1
    Dear Claire

I have 2007 sebring and today morning gear would not shift. Checked tranmission fluid, it is okay and tried by pressing the lever through cupliner and still gear would not shift.

Any suggestions as the car is blocking other car too.

Regards
    Rajesh
  • joegloverjoeglover Posts: 1
    I'm having the same problem as jessie324 almost exactly except the instrument panel finally went out all together and now its gotten to the point where my car wont even start up.
124»