Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

F350/250 crew-cab w/short box - a family car or not - looking for input

2»

Comments

• harrybharryb Posts: 1
    Hi. Some help please...
    I am thinking about an F150 Supercab XLT Flareside but am a little worried about the back seat size...we have three kids.
    Does anybody out there recommend a F250 Crew Cab instead? D o you think Ford will come out with an F150 Crew Cab? I am not pressed for time so could wait a model year (I guess).
    What do you think?
    thanks.
  • stanfordstanford Posts: 606
    Ford is coming out with a half-ton short-bed crew cab. The advantage of the F250 CC is that its here now, is relatively affordable, and can do a lot of work. The disadvantages would be mainly focused towards comfort -- it rides like a nice truck, not like a car. The F150 CCs are probably going to be tough to get when they come out, and priced accordingly.
  • todlaketodlake Posts: 48
    Not to mention that the bed is only 4' long according to what I've read. I had the same concerns re: family hauling and opted for the F250 cc sb. Now I just have to wait a few more weeks.
  • KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516
    close, tod

The Lincoln Blackwood is the one with the 4 1/2 foot bed. The F150 Crew Cab, which shares its cab with the Blackwood, will have a modified 5 1/2 foot bed. The F150 Crew Cab is also smaller than the Super Duty Crew Cab in terms of additional length. The F150 CC only gains 12 inches over the F150 SC, while the Super Duty adds over 15 inches from its Super Cab.
  • bigfur1bigfur1 Posts: 34
    At the Minneapolis Auto Show I saw a Dodge Dakota CC and a S-10 CC both with fake(4') beds. I would be interested in one if it had a larger bed.
    the production Dakota Crew (called Quad Cab), will also be a 5-and-change foot bed, but slightly narrower than the F150. The real sin is the Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - the bed ends at the wheelwell.
  • cdd2cdd2 Posts: 2
    We decided to go with the crew cab too - ma, pa, and 4 kids ages 6mo to 11 years. We will be adding a camper, so we're also going with the F350.

Question: Can I get the limited slip 3.73 in CA? F350 4x4 CC SWB SRW V10, Auto, cmpr pkg
    Towing a 3300# boat short distances

I read the delivery bulletin board archives and there were contradicting answers. Not a surprise, because I got three different answers from three different dealers: NO, Yes, Yes-custom order.

If any one has a definitive answer, I would appreciate it. Thanks - cdd2
  • cdd2cdd2 Posts: 2
    We decided to go with the crew cab too - ma, pa, and 4 kids ages 6mo to 11 years. We will be adding a camper, so we're also going with the F350.

Question: Can I get the limited slip 3.73 in CA?
    F350 4x4 CC SWB SRW V10, Auto, cmpr pkg
    Towing a 3300# boat short distances

I read the delivery bulletin board archives and there were contradicting answers. Not a surprise, because I got three different answers from three different dealers: NO, Yes, Yes-custom order.

If any one has a definitive answer, I would appreciate it. Thanks - cdd2
  • Any idea when we might see a 150 Crew Cab?
    the F150 Crew Cab is scheduled for this fall.
2»
This discussion has been closed.