Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Rendezvous Owners: Meet the Members

1234568»

Comments

• If I were you, I would cut back on the groceries and save for all your future RDV repairs.
    Bless the Lord and the Nissan Dealer, I AM FREE. I traded that RDV in this weekend, bought a Nissan Murano 2007, dealer was wonderful in Richmond, KY and I love the way it drives, like a sports car.
    I am really broke but its worth it, maybe I will have a monthly cash flow now that I am rid of the RDV. Go drive a Murano, and trade that RDV in today or you will live to regret it. :D
  • I am looking at buying a used 2005 with 75000 miles awd. Please tell me experiences that others have had and you feel about that yr bruick.
    Thank you.
  • jordandjordand Posts: 1
    I have had the same problem with my 2003 CXL. I was on the highway, got on it, and my car started knocking and missing terribly. I talked to several mechanics and they said that there was no way to tell with either one, replacing random parts or two, tearing into the engine. I had a compression test done, and I took it to my mechanic and he said the the rocker arm assembly, on cylinder 3, had stripped and fallen into the bottom of the motor. He used a magnet and pulled out the parts, and replaced the rocker arm assembly with a new one with a longer bolt. He fixed it and a few months later, the same thing happened on cylinder 2. We took it back to him and he fixed it again. We had him check all of the cylinders to make sure it was not going to happen again.
  • Dude, there is no way your mechanic can tell if it is going to happen to more cylinders. So far I guess it has only happened to the cyls on the front bank. Otherwise your mechanic would not be fixing them so easily. A longer bolt is not the way to go. a heli-coil is the only permanent fix that will also make it stronger than it was originally. If it happens to a cyl on the back bank you are in a world of crap. As I probably stated in my original post, you need to drop the engine and do all 12 bolts. Or, if possible do the pull engine forward trick to get to the back bank. Since my car was done nearly a year and a half ago, no problems and it seems to pull harder and stronger than ever. Good luck.
  • cjk1794cjk1794 Posts: 1
    Are there any types of other engines I can put in her to make it faster. I don't know why i just want to an idea of all the crazy things i can do with it.
  • Hello to all! We just purchased this vehicle, it seems to be highly rated....only one problem. My husband cannot locate the PCV Valve!!! It's a 3.5 L . He is a great motor head but this one has him stumped!! Please help.....
    Sincere thanks,
    Janine aka Bifford
  • Interested to hear of high mileage RDV owners. Just bough an exceptionally clean 2005 CX AWD with 147k on it. Previous owner put about 23k/yr since they bought it in 2007. Just went through all the maintenance on car (flushed all fluids - coolant, trans, brake lines, oil, versatrak). I was surprised at how clean the old fluids were for the mileage. Car has all signs of being well looked after. I preemptively replaced two rear 17-inch tires and the brakes are all new. Very solid, well built car. I bought it with the 3.4l which has been bullet proof in our 2002 Montana (caught manifold gasket problem early about 6 years ago with no problems since). I needed AWD and another vehicle for teen driver. I plan to get many more years of trouble free service. I'll keep you all posted. Please share your thoughts on keeping high mileage RDV's on the road.
1234568»