Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Rendezvous Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Hey Phil. Here is the information that you are looking for. If you were to lease a 2006 Buick Rendezvous CXL AWD through GMAC in your area right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year (I have not seen the 39 month numbers for this vehicle), its base lease rate and residual value should be 4.9% and 60%, respectively. The 5.4% rate that you were quoted sounds a little high to me. When negotiating your lease on this truck, keep in mind that General Motors is providing $1,500 lease cash on it in your region right now. This money will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

I am not aware of any reliable source that provides information on manufacturers' current lease programs to the general public.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • sheepdog1sheepdog1 Posts: 26
    Hi, Could you please provide me with the residual and base lease rate for a CXL PLUS FWD for S. Florida. There's $1000 rebate plus $500 auto show cash available. Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi sheepdog1. This car's lease rate and residual value vary depending upon how long you lease it for and how many miles per year you are allowed to drive it. If you were to lease for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, this vehicle's base lease rate and residual value should be 4.9% and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • nd9979nd9979 Posts: 8
    We are looking at an '04 Rendezvous. Here is the link to the car: http://www.nationalcarsales.com/inventory/details.aspx?id=32373

Mileage: 26,017
    Air Conditioning
    Power Steering
    Power Windows
    Power Door Locks
    Cruise Control
    AM/FM Stereo
    Single Compact Disc
    Premium Sound
    OnStar
    Parking Sensors
    Dual Front Air Bags
    ABS (4-Wheel)
    Traction Control
    Third Seat
    Privacy Glass
    Alloy Wheels

Selling price is $16,495. Seems like a good deal. Thoughts?
  • wormburnerwormburner Posts: 14
    I purchased a 2002 CX (77K kilometres) in March after doing a great deal of homework, including reviewing several posts on this site. I have to say that i adore this vehicle. There was no way I could ever get so much SUV at this price point from any other manufacturer.

I was sure to get a printout of the service history before purchasing... wheel bearings, intake gasket, wiper motor... pretty much everything other than the BCM have already been replaced with the upgraded parts.

Thank you all for your posts... it made for a well-informed decision on my part.
  • Is there someone who can simplify this a bit and tell me what a good deal on a monthly payment for a 2006 cxl awd in louisiana for 36months/36000 miles might be- i need to make it through hurricane season in style!
    Hi isawitfirst. If you provide me with full MSRP and dealer invoice price of the Buick Rendezvous that you want, exactly as you want it equipped, I can calculate what a good lease payment should be for it for you. You can find this information by visiting the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums

P.S. Hopefully we won't get hit as hard by hurricanes this year. We're in need of a break from all of that crazy weather.
  • greenhkgreenhk Posts: 48
    I'm being quoted $30,475 (after all rebates) for:
    2006 AWD Rendezvous, CXL Luxury Package, PLUS CXL Plus Package, with 2nd row captain's chairs.

This is the first offer they've given me - done completely via internet negotiations. I've checked & invoice on this looks like $33,253.

What do you guys think? Should I ask for something even lower? If so, what price do you suggest I ask for? Thanks in advance!
  • doliffdoliff Posts: 1
    A few days ago I sent an internet quote request for a 2006 FWD CXL Rendezvous to eight dealrships through edmunds.com. To say that the response was lukewarm would be an understatement. I got a few courtesy emails and phone calls, only two dealership emailed me quotes - both for similarly equipped 2007 Rendezvous and both quoted MSRP price. When I sent one of them an offer to pay TMV price he never got back to me.

What's going on, am I doing something wrong or is it a bad time to be buying a Rendezvous.

BTW does anyone know whether $1,500 GM bonus cash through 9/5 on top of already existing cash rebates legit?
  • jesrfjesrf Posts: 9
    Car_man,

we looked at a nicely equipped Rendezvous tonite, MSRP was 31500, GMS Price (which we have) is 28172. Received rebates (cap cost reduction?) cash from GM of $2750.

Terms offered to us was 0 down, $355 per month on a 39 month lease, 10k miles per year.
    Not sure of the money factor or residual.
    Is this a good deal?

Do you know about how much more it would be to go to 12k miles?(meant to ask and forgot).... We live in Michigan.

Thanks for any help....
  • Hi jesrf. I'm glad to see that you are able to get the GMS price on this car. This pretty much guarantees that you are getting a good deal. In your post you mentioned that you are also receiving $2,750 in cash incentives from GM. This is customer cash that unfortunately is not compatible with GM's special lease program. General Motors is providing a special lease cash incentive on this truck in your area, but it is only $1,000. There is also currently a $500 bonus for vehicles that are sold through GM's Employee and Supplier purchase programs, bringing the total cash incentive for a lease of this model to $1,500 So make sure that your vehicle's capitalized cost is $26,672 and that the dealer you are working with is using GMAC's base lease rate of 6.8% (yuck) to calculate this vehicle's monthly payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • wtap2wtap2 Posts: 8
    With the Rendezvous being the phased out,do anyone have reason to believe that the current incentives will be extended beyond the end of the month? What they are offering now is very attractive.
  • wtap2wtap2 Posts: 8
    I have been getting Internet quotes on a 2007 Buick Rendezvous.This is an example of how dealers ar determining buyers price:
    MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE $28,765.00
    Options installed by Manufacturer:
    DRIVER & FRONT PASSENGER
    HEATED SEATS
    POWER SUNROOF
    MEMORY SEAT/MIRROR

TOTAL OPTIONS $1,120.00
    TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS $29,885.00
    DESTINATION CHARGE $735.00
    TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE*** 30,620.00
    CURRENT OFFERS $-0.00
    NET PRICE $30,620.00

Net price $30,620.00 +6%tax(Michigan)Total=$32,457.20
    $32457.20 - $5000 Rebate=$27457.20 Which is my price.
    Edmunds suggest Rebate be deducted from best deal arrived at,but it seems as if dealers start with the MSRP.
    Is there something wrong with this picture,or is this the way it's done?
  • 442455442455 Posts: 64
    Whenever I have purchased a new vehicle, I always use the Edmunds, GM, and other availible new car price guides which are found on the internet. I configure the vehicle with the equipment and color I want, and than figure out the invoice price.

Once I have invoice, I start at $200.00 over invoice minus any rebates and offer that to the dealer. I am at this point a serious buyer, and let the dealer know that I am making the purchase once my offer is approved.

I know there is still "hidden" money (dealer holdback, factory to dealer incentives, etc) but I deal only from the invoice. I also ask to see the invoice for the vehicle at the dealership. Very seldom is this refused, since they want to make a deal.

I have purchased my last six new vehicles this way, 5 GM's and one Ford truck. I have never purchased a foreign vehcile, but don't think this works with most, because of demand.

Using just Edmunds and GM information, the rebate is $4750 on the GM site. You should be paying around $26000.00 for this vehcile.
  • I just purchased a never titled 2005 AWD CX model for 16295 with 7,200 miles on it. It is the CX model with third row seat, and 17" wheels and the Capaccino Frost two tone.

For me this seemed like a no brainer. :)
  • spike99spike99 Posts: 239

Like many, my wife & I shop around as well. We compare base price, we compare options and we compare dealer admin fees. And, we compare used miles under its hood.

In my Canadian area, here's 2 examples:

2005 RDV CXL with 90,000 kms for $19,595
    Note: I don't know if FWD or AWD - wtsh they had a simple sticker on their outside - like other brands of vehicles.

2003 FWD CX with 72,000 kms for $11,999

If on adds $300 for dealer admin fees (washing, waxing, E-Test, Certification and license transfer), it brings it up to $12,500 (for the 2003 or $20K for the 2005). Then, add 14% Ontario Region tax on this total amount.

After nogiciations, we got our 2003 RWD RDV with only 72K (52K miles) for under $12,000 - "Out the Door" and legally down the road.

Prices vary from region to region. For us, there's NO WAY we are paying $20K for a used vehicle - especially with 90K already under its hood.

• i owuld look for one under 50K and get an extended warranty esp with the intake gasket etc. I got my 02 CX plus pretty much fully loaded for 11-12K and it has 43 K miles
  • Hello Car_Man,

You have always helped out in the past. Looking for the lease rates for some of the few remaining Rendezvous out there -- would like 3yr/36mi lease info (RV and MF).

We're looking at one w/$31,775 msrp, invoice is $29,590. I see that there is $4,000 cash on it, can this be used w/a GMAC lease? If so, could probably negotiate a selling price of $25,590 or less. What would a good lease be on this car?
    Hey desgnconcpts. I would be happy to help you out. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of any 2007 Buick Rendezvous with 12,000 miles per year are 5.9% and 58%, respectively. Unfortunately, the $4,000 customer cash that is available on this model in your area is not compatible with the aforementioned lease program. GM is providing a little lease cash on this model in some areas though. I would be happy to give you an idea of what this lease cash is like in your neck of the woods if you tell me what state you are in.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
This discussion has been closed.