Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Rendezvous Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• fandbpestfandbpest Posts: 5
    I'm starting to have a problem with the brakes on my 04 FWD rendezvous. When i take a slow turn, like turning into a parking spot or onto my street, it feels like the ABS is coming on. It has happened once when coming to a straight stop at a light. The cement is dry and it only happens occasionally. Does anyone have an idea of what could be causing this? Thanks
  • bxdbxd Posts: 186
    Let's see if we can't narrow it down first.

Find an empty parking lot. Do the low speed turn to recreate the noise. Now, VERY carefully, accelerate back up to 20mph or so, take your foot off the gas and put the shifter into neutral (making sure you don't go into R or P). Then bring the car to a stop in the exact same way that caused the noise.

The reason to do this is to disconnect most of the drivetrain from the wheels during the stop. If you still get the noise, it is probably brake or bearing related.

Do you have any warning lights on? If ABS was malfunctioning I would expect an ABS light.

Do you feel any pulsation in the brake pedal when this is happening or is there only a stuttering feel in how the car stops?
  • fandbpestfandbpest Posts: 5
    I'll have to do the parking lot test tomorrow. But I do feel pulsation in the brake pedal when this is happening. It's the same feeling as if i were trying to stop in snow and the ABS came on. The ABS light has not come on and i thought that would come on if the problem was with the ABS.
  • mkp53081mkp53081 Posts: 1
    I have a 2003 Buick Rendezvous CX. I just noticed yesterday that it is making a squeaking sound from the right front, but only when the wheels are rolling. It almost sounds like a metallic shaking sound, almost like the sound a salt shaker makes when shaking salt out. That's the best way for me to describe it. The sound stops as soon as the car comes to a complete stop. I have also noticed that the sound changes a bit when I apply the brakes and it doesn't make the sound when I make a right turn. I searched all night last night trying to find a solution to the noise but didn't see anything that was caught my eye. So far I've read it could be a wheel bearing, CV joint, or the brakes indicating excessive wear. Thinking more like a wheel bearing?? What do you think? I'm desperate to get this thing fixed before I have to travel out of state next weekend. Thanks!
    ==-Kate-==
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 17,713
    The brake wear sensor metal tab can cause a sound like what I think you're describing. And it disappears when brake pads are applied. It also will change when turning because of a little bit of movement in the wheel bearing affecting the contact between the pad and the rotor.

Let's hope for the easiest.

How many miles on this vehicle?

This message has been approved.

• wes612wes612 Posts: 1
    My girl has a 2003 Buick Rendezvous and the ABS light has been on for a year due to the $4,500 cost of repair. Don't know if that's related to this new problem, but a Sat. she noticed a change in her vehicle. It isn't as responsive as before. Acceleration is sluggish as if under a load or driving with parking brake on. Seems to shift through the gears fine according to the mechanic who looked at it. 4 Diagnostic codes given are: ABS right rear sensor, engine oil pressure swith circuit, and ECM and BCM losing connection intermittently. Any ideas about this one? Thanks for your time.
  • cherylw49cherylw49 Posts: 1
    which fuse controls the cigarette lighters?
  • nlt99nlt99 Posts: 9
    Hi Cheryl!

Fuse 32 in the main fusebox under the hood.... a 20 Amp fuse. See the picture below (note arrows)

Nick">
  • davepjnydavepjny Posts: 1
    Sounds like your caliper, which is extremely dangerous. I had this happen to me. Had a break job done, then heard the noise from front right wheel only when slowing down. Well, the caliper came off while I was slowing down and the car stopped right there while doing about 10MPH. Could have killed me.
  • lschlagellschlagel Posts: 1
    Own a 03 buick rendevous, took key out and alarm went off, couldnt get it to stop with remote or by putting key back in egnition. finally stopped but now wheel if locked and cant get it to start!
  • Hi, just wanted to get some feedback on my 2006 Buick Rendezvous Fan / Blower motor problem. I will list in detail what I tried so far.

1. Last week the blower fan died speeds 1-5 and I saw the fuse was blown. I went to the store & got some new 25A fuses, put one in and the fan started to work again but only on speed 5.
    2. I googled this information and read it might be the blower motor resistor, I got the part for $35 from autozone and watched a youtube video of changing this on a chevy, so I did it myself. (the old resistor was discolored & actaully could see a soldered connection on the metal part was melted off.)
    3. After the new blower motor resistor was installed, putting the blower back in etc., I put a new fuse in & started the car. As soon as I went to fan speed 1 the fuse blew in the car. I made sure the A/C was off. I put another fuse in and started the car with the fan on speed 5. it ran and as soon as I changed the speed to 4, the fuse blew again.
    4. I looked up more online and though maybe the blower motor itself was bad.
    I disconnected the blower motor connection, and I could turn the AC off and on, or any dial position speed w/o the fuse blowing, so now I thought it was the blower motor.
    I bought a new one for $92 at autozone and decided to hook it up to the connection, holding it under the dash w/o installing it and started the car. As soon as turning the fan to speed 1, the fuse blew again.

SO.....at this point I am at a loss. I was hoping changing these parts would correct the problem, but it hasn't. I am not an electrician, so don't know how to diagnose wire problems.

Before heading to the mechanic I was hoping to get some advice on this, from anyone who knows. :confuse:
    Thanks!!
  • smag73smag73 Posts: 1
    I'm having issues with my 2006 Rendezvous that the dealership has been unable to solve. The gas cap light was coming on intermittently, and then the service engine soon lamp came on. Took it to the dealership, code came up for some kind of vapor leak, so they replaced the gas cap. A few days later the light came on again. Car went back to the dealership, but they say no code is coming up for it now.

In addition, I have an intermittent problem, especially when accelerating, where the battery light will come on, all of the alert lights on the dashboard will flash off & on and it will make a dinging noise for a few seconds. Then the AWD disable lamp comes on. Sometimes it will go back off when I come to a complete stop, but not always. Sometimes the battery light will alternate a few times with the ADW disable light before it stays on the AWD disable light.

Recently, my battery also died when I left the radio on for an hour or two. Previsouly I've done this with no problem (we have a drive-in movie theater nearby where the sound is broadcast over the radio, and we've watched movies there in this vehicle with no battery problems). I was able to get it jump started.

The delaership was unable to come up with anything for any of these issues. They did fix a loose battery cablewhen I had it back in the shop the other day, but did not find anything else. Within a day or two the gas cap lamp was back on (not constantly, it comes & goes) and the service engine soon light is back on. When getting on the highway earlier today, it also did the lights flashing / dinging, battery light, then AWD disable light thing again.

I'm getting frustrated - there has to be a cause to all of this. Any ideas?
  • ray80ray80 Posts: 1,186
    Nice variety of troubles you have there :confuse: . Could be very difficult to diagnois. I would tend to lean towards battery /charging system issue for the general alert lights. Perhaps there is still a cable problem (if it starts and generaly runs ok I would check the fat cable that goes from battery to fuse box). Perhaps the battery is on its way out or perhaps the alternater is having intermitent issues. A rather long term charging system check may find that. The AWD disabled and gas cap could be due to the electrical system issue or potentialy an issue with c305 connector ( a pass through connector the deals with a bunch of stuff towards the rear of vehicle).
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 17,713
    How old is your battery? I'd replace it.

A weak battery can drop voltage enough and the various computers quit operating at a voltage too low.

This message has been approved.

• I have a 2004 Buick RVD with 48K miles on it. I found this forum as I was looking at cars to decide what I want to get next. I feel truly blessed after reading all the issues here,

I've had NO problems at all with my car. I have only done oil changes, and fluid changes and tires, and one hose, that was getting old, as I have had the car since new, and it's now 7 years old.

I'm looking for another SUV, only I HATE the looks of the Enclave, and also they took off standard features I have in mine. The only way to get the passenger and driver adjusting seats (up and down) Is to go all the way up to the Arcadia Denali, for about $50K.

Anyone had any suggestions on what you may have replaced your car with?
    Hi.
    2007 RDV owner here. Very few problems like you, and we like it a lot.

There isn't anything quite RDV sized in the market. Do you want to go slightly bigger or slightly smaller? For slightly smaller I would look at the GMC Terrain and Ford Edge. For slightly larger, since you don't like the Enclave, and you've checked the Acadia, take a look at the Chevrolet Traverse and also the new Ford Explorer. I know you may be thinking "I'm not looking at an Explorer" but the new design is very nicely done, attractive and good materials. As they say "you owe it to yourself to at least take a look". Good luck!
  • I have been having this problem with my 2007 Buick Rendezvous since it was brand new. I have had it in three different dealers and day after day of the car being in the shop and no one could find the problem. :sick: I even had a fire under the dash :surprise: where they found burnt wires.When I took it in I asked them to show me before they fixed it so I could see the damage but, they didn't and were sneaky to try to hide it. They called me back and told me it was done which kept me from taking pictures with it all opened up. Then they refused to give me the wires that they had to cut out and replaced. :mad: A year later the car is doing what it was doing just before it caught fire before. I wont even drive it on a trip across the desert for fear it might leave me on a desert road and kill me or my family. DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE CARS. DANGER. :lemon: I have all the documentation to prove it and will send it to anyone about my experience.
    Smag73-

Sorry to hear about your lemon.

So, you said you were having "problems" and "even had a fire under the dash". What were the problems you had before the fire happened? What were your initial symptoms, so that we can try to help. Thanks.

Brian
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,003
    rendezvousnot,
    I apologize for your frustrations. Have you spoke with GM Customer Assistance? If not please feel free to email me and we can discuss setting up a case for you. Enjoy your weekend!
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • resa07resa07 Posts: 1
    ok i have a 03 rondezvous i got it in 08 and ever since i have gotten it i have had nothing but problems first not even a month after getting it a tire came off the rim (minor to what would come!) then not even a year into having it i had to have the transmission rebuilt...there is 1600 dollars i didnt have then within 6 months of that the tranny went out again (made them re build it for free) luckily that has been ok since then (knock on wood!) then my spedomitor stopped working right it would go way up and stay up and you had to turn it on and off until it went back down...just now about 2 yrs later got that fixed. last summer my thermistat went out on it and of course how its built you cannot tell what the problem was and i live in iowa so you can imagin how fun winter and the rest of summer was. then this spring i had to go out and get new head gaskets because there was coolent going into my oil another 1200 dollars. a couple weeks after that i had a leak in my break line there was a nother 150 in repairs and now about a month ago i had to get a new pcm moduel because i wasnt getting power i thought it was the transmission again but no another diffrent issue by this time i was ready to just drive the POS into the mississippi because i also needed new back breaks and to get a new rear wheel bearing. and this is when i had to buy a whole new dash bored pretty much so i have a working spedomitor again. well that ran me another 1700 dollars that i dont have. and my latest thing is none of my windows will go down not even my sun roof my dad thinks its a fuse or something like that *fingers crossed* but honestly i got this car for just under 12k with everything and i pay 290 a month for it plus all the repairs i keep having not to mention still needing to fix my leaky sun roof... this is by far the worst car ever when it comes to repairs plus gas hog i cannot win! NEVER EVER let yourself or friends buy this car! nothing but problems!! and a money pit! i feel bad for anyone that buys one! :mad: