Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Elantra Owners: Meet the Members

Comments

• backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,687
    If a Hyundai salesperson misrepresented Hyundai's warranty, and if it can be proven (e.g. you have a witness or something in writing), that is grounds for a lawsuit.

The fact that the powertrain warranty is not transferrable (in the past, it was transferrable within the immediate family, e.g. parents to kids) has always been very clear to me by reading the information in the warranty book and on Hyundai's web site. In general it is not a good idea to go only on what a salesperson claims for something as important as warranty coverage. They can be mistaken, or even intentionally misleading the buyer.
  • In fact, the modern warranty is transferrable outside family, but the length and milage reduces by half.

Unless, of course, you get the extended warranty.
    Yes, to be clear, it's the five-year, 60,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty that transfers to the second buyer. The powertrain warranty (five more years, 40k more miles) that goes beyond that is not transferrable unless extended at extra cost, and then it becomes a 10-year, 100k bumper-to-bumper warranty (assuming it's the Hyundai extended warranty).
  • Thanks, I know all this now. I believe you have bought new vehicle. Who is present to prove what sales person claimed, the wife or friend that was with you. Not good enough. As I stated most people I speak with, BELIVE, that warrenty is transferable. Which does not alter true fact. As I said before dealer told me needed new trans. but it was not on Invoice, just said refused repair. When I question Service writer they than wrote on invoice, 4th gear not working... a lot different from new trans. Good rapping with you
  • I did not realize you bought the car from a dealer. I thought you got it in a private sale. Sorry about my original reply. I would call Hyundai customer service and complain to them about the wrong information you received. The hyundais we bought were always new.
    As I stated most people I speak with, BELIVE, that warrenty is transferable.

Respectfully, those people need to do a little research before buying a car.
  • I did buy the car from private seller, took it to dealer, and they told me needed new trans. but when I asked why it was not on invoice, the service writer just wrote 4th gear not working.... sorry for the mix up.... have a great day
  • I'm a proud owner of a Silver 2004 Elantra. Bit by bit, I'm upgrading as I just moved up in Northern NY near my family and now have "Brotherly Help" adding new accessories to my vehicle. Here's what I've done so far to it:

1) New K & N Air Filter
    2) New 15" Extreme Racing Hubs
    3) Xenon HID 7000K Superwhite Headlight Bulbs(blue plasma)
    4) Currently installing Foglights(Xenon Blue Plasma's)
    5) Installed Bosch Platinum +4 Plugs(no gapping required)

More to come....
  • I appreciate the info...thanks man!!!! Hey, another question for ya...I was reading the instructions on my UW Fog Lights and they state they recommend NOT poking just the bulb through as this may melt away some of the plastic around the fog holes. I have personally NEVER seen this or heard of it happening. Would this be a problem or should I not worry too much about it as they will only be on @ night w/ my lowbeams?
  • I'm not personally familiar with the Xenon bulbs or how much power they use. The fog lights I use have 55W H3 halogen bulbs (which, I think, is the same as the OEM bulb) and so far, no melting. If your bulbs are less than 55W, you should be okay.
  • That's what I thought but wasn't positive...thanks!! Oh, I had to return the UW's because they would not fit/mount on anything. I got a set of Pilots - 55W H3's and they are a little bit bigger than the cutout, but i can trim that out more and get em' in....Wish me luck!!!
  • nkmonty1nkmonty1 Posts: 33
    Hi
    This is great a discussion on Hyundai Elantras. Just want to know does it matter if you brought it used? If not just got mine a couple of weeks ago. 2005 I think it is a GLS because it is a 4dr automatic.
    Great ride.
    The big difference with buying a used Elantra (other than the fact it's, um, pre-owned) is that you get at best (if you are the 2nd owner) the remainder of the 5 year, 60k mile bumper-to-bumper warranty. You don't get the extra 5 years/40k miles of powertrain warranty on top of that--thst is just for the original owner.

If your car has a cloth interior, it's a GLS.
    Wow, thanks for the information. Yes my seats are cloth. So it is GLS.
    Ok now that this is settled. What about buying extended warranties and getting GAP Insurance?
    I think that this is important because in case things break down at least you will be covered for wear and tear and everything else that needs to be covered.
    There were some good suggestions posted in one of the other discussions in which you asked this question, so I'll refer to those.
    How do I get into the other discussions?
    Thanks for your help.
    Nan
    Uhm.... you posted in them a little while ago, didn't you? :confuse:
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Welcome to CarSpace! Looks like you found your way back to at least one of the discussions where you started. For future reference, you can use the My Recent Posts link on the left side of the page to get links to your last ten or so posts. :)
    I am so sorry if I posted wrong. This is all to new to me. I do find this place very interesting.
    Again, Accept my apologies.
    Nan
    No, no you're doing fine! We're glad you found us. If you ever need help finding anything, feel free to drop me an email - I'll get you pointed in the right direction. :)
    That makes me feel a whole lot better. I really am interested in seeing and hearing what people have to say about there Hyundai's. I really love mine and I am hoping it stays working as good as it is now.
  • Hello everyone
    Thanks Karen for setting this up, I am new to this site.
    I just purchased a 2001 Elantra GLS with 110,000 miles, runs well, didn't know anything about Hyundais until my boyfriend and I went looking for another car( my other one was in an accident). So far we are enjoying it, need to get a manual, do I just go to the dealer or what? Just yesterday the airbag light came on we changed the fuses, but the one with the 10amp is still lighting up. Anyone can give us some help and advice much appreciated.
    look forward to hearing from all
  • Thank you KarenS for setting up this new owners' message post, since this is my first time purchasing a Hyundai, thanks to my boyfriend we are enjoying the car 2001, elantra GLS Pewter.
    right now my interest is in the air bag fuse light that came on. looking at new tires, we had the car balance and aligned but around 65miles the wheel vibrates, any suggestion. Much thanks :)
  • Hi

I just got my Hyundai 2005 a couple of weeks ago. If you call Hyundais 800 number believe me they can help you. They have a wonderful customer service and probably will be able to get you the owners manual and be able to answer your question about the airbag light.
    I hope this works for you.
    Nan
  • thanks will call them
    You should get that airbag light checked by a professional immediately--it could mean that there's a problem with the SRS (airbag system), making one or more airbags inoperative.
  • I agree. My son bought a used Cutlass last year that had a salvage title. At the time, I had a mild curiosity about whether the air bags were fully intact and functional. A little over a month ago, I found out they were, thank goodness:

image.

He ended up with a bruised knee. It would have been much worse without the air bags. You really need to make sure the bags are working.
  • I am 45 yrs old,My daughter is 22 yrs old,I have never had a drivers licence,nor had my daughter.She will be teaching school this fall,2007,and will be going to different schools in our city,she asked me to take the drivers ed course in our city with her,I reluctently agreed,we both passed and got our licences,we purchased a 2002 Elantra with 49000 km on it,I swear an old nun used it to go back and forth to church,I love this car,we test drove many vehicles,some good,but out of our price range,some crap!
    I thought Hyundai made crap cars but......boy was I wrong,90 percent of the reviews i read online were4 or 5 stars out of 5,it handles so very well,it has all the gadgets one needs!!....I wish I had done this 25 years ago,
    I GUESS I AM NOW IN THE "CLUB".... is there a secret handshake i should know?
    Gosh, glad to hear he is okay.
This discussion has been closed.