Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Elantra Owners: Meet the Members

Comments

• That sounds cool. Where are you? how close are you to a small airport where a single engine airplane would not interfere with the "heavys"? Sometime this summer I would like to drive out and meet with you guys. Brie
  • doohickiedoohickie Posts: 949
    Email me through my profile.
  • cjgtcjgt Posts: 28
    I'm been posting for about a week and didn't even introduce myself. Hi everyone. I have a 01 Elantra GT w/ close to 100,000 miles on it and runs just as good as the first day I got it. :) I live in Hackensack NJ and use it as my everyday car but I've driven as far down as SC and drove as far up as Canada in it! I'm very sure my next car will be a Hyundai. 2.4L 2007 Elantra GT maybe ?. Keeping my fingers crossed :)
  • snakeweaselsnakeweasel a Certified Edmunds Poster.Posts: 11,563
    I'm very sure my next car will be a Hyundai. 2.4L 2007 Elantra GT maybe ?

Why? You only have 100K on your current one, you should be able to get a lot more. Maybe you won't need a new car until 2010. I have a 2000 wagon with close to 140K and I am hoping for 200K, good chance I'll get it. :shades:

There are three types of people in this world. Those who are good at math and those who are not.

Don't get me wrong I planning on keeping my little road warrior (or partymoble as it's be once called :shades: ) way past 100k. I love the fact that I finally have a car that will last long after I finish making payments. That's my main objective. But, I do like driving a new car. Not like every year, more like every 5. I have to say though I would sorely miss my GT if I did get a new car. When I said a 2007 GT I was basically hoping a next generation would be available for me to consider in the future. Not so much in the near future. :)
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Posts: 813
    I thought I would answer you here rather than prices paid. My mom lives in Tom's River so I try to visit her every few months. I am going there next week (600 miles each way.) My grandparents and numerous other relatives are buried at a cemetary on hudson street in south hackensack. I drove my mom there in April and we took a tour of the old homestead. Alot of changes since I was last there 10 years ago. Hyundai is no longer having Gt's for 07. Our civic is a 05 ex-se. Our gt seems to be better put together.
    True, no GTs for 07 but I suspect they will be back in 08 with a hatch.
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,623
    Don't rule out a hatch/GT for '07 too fast. Recall that the '01 Elantra GT hatchback didn't debut until mid-2001, as a 2001 model. Hyundai did something similar with the new Accent, releasing the new hatch about six months after the sedan--but they called the hatch a '07 while the sedan was a '06.
    Is it going to be a GT or a regular hatch. The Gt I was talking about is the 4-door sedan which is no longer. I love having the trip computer which we find to be accurate. We caculated the mileage manually a few times and the trip computer was what we came up with. We zero it out completely every time we fill-up.
    It looks like the high-end sedan will be the Limited, at least for now. I would be surprised if it didn't have a trip computer. I do like the trip computer on my '04 Elantra GT.
    we prefer manual transmission. I think the limited has only automatic.
    Actually it looks like the 2007 Limited will not have automatic standard. If you look at HMA's press release, they don't mention an automatic as being standard on the Limited, and they mention that the automatic is optional in general:

http://www.hyundaiusa.com/abouthyundai/news/2006_04_13/2006_04_13.aspx

Also the trip computer will be available on the SE trim, so if someone wants the computer w/o leather they can get it.
    so if someone wants the computer w/o leather they can get it.

What I would have liked to get w/o the leather is the alloy wheels. If I can pick some up cheap before my first tire changeover, I'd like to go for either OEM Hyundai alloys or some aftermarket ones.
    Alloys come on the '07 SE, don't they? At least alloys are easy to add on later.
    Yeah, that's why I didn't sweat it too much.
  • I think you should think again. I purchased 2005 Elantra and at 20,000 the trans had to be re-programed. I also though the Hyundai was a great vehicle. So I bought a used 2000 Elantra with 71,000 miles this July. I find out that powertran warrenty is not transferable... and neither is it on even new car after 60,000. ONly if you buy extended warrenty ($1400) is warrenty transable to second owner.. I would not recommend any one to buy A Hyundai or buy another one if they gave it away. Transmission on 2000 is shot and they want $2100) for new one. I have had Dodge and Chev vehicles that I traded in with 130,000 miles and never had a prolem with transmission... Send the Hyundai back to Korea
    and keep the money in US... you'll be sorry you bought the Hyundai sooner than you think.... good luck you will need it
    Well, I don't feel sorry about your bad experience with the 2000 Elantra. Didn't you check the car out BEFORE you got it ? :confuse: I known people who had trans problems with Toyotas, Chevys, etc way before 71k so don't just pin down Hyundai. It happens to all cars not just Hyundais. I hit the 5 yr/100,000 mile mark last month with no major problems so Hyundai is tops on my list when I need another car which doesn't look like any time soon. Just because you had 1 bad experience with a car (to me re programing the trans doesn't count as a major repair) doesn't mean every car that company makes is bad. Only short sighted people think that way.
  • snakeweaselsnakeweasel a Certified Edmunds Poster.Posts: 11,563
    I would not recommend any one to buy A Hyundai or buy another one if they gave it away. Transmission on 2000 is shot and they want $2100) for new one. I have had Dodge and Chev vehicles that I traded in with 130,000 miles and never had a prolem with transmission... Send the Hyundai back to Korea

I am on the verge of 140K on my 2000 Elantra wagon with no transmission issues at all. FWIW I only had two real issues with the car both way over the 100K mark and one that they covered under warranty.

Hyundai has proven themselves to me.

There are three types of people in this world. Those who are good at math and those who are not.

• Is that why the car was being sold in the first place. We have had no problems with the hyundais we have owned and plan to continue to buy them. Problems with the transmission can happen with any car. We had alot of problems with the chevy truck we had but I would not tell you not to buy one.
  • Hi all I did is call it like I see it. And believe that Hyundai is a little underhanded about there warrenty. Other owners I know believe warrenty will be passed on to second owner, not the 60M but the 10M - 100,000 and it is just not true. Sales gave it a buying factor for when selling it. Try to be a little more understanding of other peoples views you gave me yours and I stated mine, havae a great day
This discussion has been closed.