Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Elantra Owners: Photo Gallery

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited March 2014 in Hyundai
You cannot upload photos directly from your computer into a message within a discussion. Your photo must reside elsewhere. Some have used free photo hosting sites ( www.zing.com/, www.fototime.com, www.clubphoto.com) to load their photos into a private folder and then post them within a message.

Here's how:

To get this:

Use this coding, but replace the ( and ) with < and >:

(img src="http://a332.g.akamai.net/7/332/936/0001/www.edmunds.com/pictures/114078.jpg")

Or: (img src="Photo URL address")

To make your photo a link like this:

do this:

(a href="Page URL address")(img src="Photo URL address")(/a)

Remember, posting copyrighted photos is a no-no. Unless, of course, you own the copyright.

Hope this helps! If you need more assistance, please let me know.

KarenS
Host
Owner's Club

Comments

• lokannalokanna Member Posts: 22
    Well, seeing as no one else has tried this, I figure'd I'd post a picture of my first new car, a 2002 Elantra GLS Automatic with package 5 =) Here goes nothing...

...Here goes nothing! (If this works, click the mini-pic for the fullsize one)

• wmoseswmoses Member Posts: 212
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT 5-spd w/ ABS, Traction Control, K&N air filter.

For this and other photos, as well as a lot more, see my Elantra GT website:

http://www.gwebworks.com/elantra_gt/

• midnightblackmidnightblack Member Posts: 11
    I came across this sweet looking GT while on a recent trip to Quebec City... does it belong to any of the users on this site?

• pedennisonpedennison Member Posts: 21
  • th003gth003g Member Posts: 149

blue gt-mine

midnight grey GLS-Sis

Green Accent- moms beater car

all three just the way I like em... nice and clean... i love cobalt blue...

• gtformegtforme Member Posts: 12
    There's my Cobalt Blue. Don't you just love it?

Do you have any other pics with the tires in better light?
  • jimbeaumijimbeaumi Member Posts: 620
    It looks like a mini-Viggen!
  • th003gth003g Member Posts: 149

dirty wheel+ tire

proof im not BSing in my posts (XJR+TLC)
    outdoor clean wheel/tire
    imageindoor detail shot of polished lip contrasting with silver finish

Maxxim Def-Con 6
    car will look even better when I decide to lower it an inch or two
    factory rims were one of my complaints about GT... hyundai tried to go aftermarket look and got too angular... 15's also look small on GT.. many people asked if they were 14's (partially due to 60 series rubber)
  • jimbeaumijimbeaumi Member Posts: 620
    Don't lower it, it looks great just as it is. And I usually don't like aftermarket changes; those wheels look sharp.
  • tdawg76tdawg76 Member Posts: 3
    Hi guys! I've been trying to get a photo of the new GT 4 door - I know...similar to the GLS, but I'd still like to see one. But, I can't find any pictures...if anyone has one, could you post it here??? Thanks!
  • tdawg76tdawg76 Member Posts: 3
    So...has nobody seen a new 4 door GT, or what? :-P
  • jacobi1jacobi1 Member Posts: 32
    Here you go guys/gals, just copy and paste url:

http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/details/hyundai03elantra/gt4door/trim.html?refsrc=autos/make

It looks alright...

• mratliffmratliff Member Posts: 2
    I'm very interested in the Hyundai Elantra GT, but have not found any GT's in my area. There are probably about 3 different Hyundai Dealers in my area, but they never carry the GT's....Why is this? Anyway I like the sedan especially after looking at post #20.
  • iml8iml8 Member Posts: 10
    Thank you for looking and the nice comments. I am prouder of this car than I thought I would be. It is good looking and fun to drive - especially for the price.

My understanding is that Hyundai only produced "x" number of Elantras. You couldn't even order one, you just had to find one that you wanted. By the time I finally bought mine (end of June), there were precsious few to choose from. There were only mostly black and pewter available. The rest of the colors had already been snatched up.

I'm sure you could find one using CarsDirect.com, but you will probably have to take what you can get.

At this point, I think I would wait for the '04' models to arrive. It should be within the next couple of months. They should have the VVT engines and some other nice changes. The price will be slightly higher and there may not be as good of deals going on because of the good press and word of mouth the current model has received. But, you never know.

I just got the notice that my Aluminum under drive pulley has been shipped from Korea and I just ordered the strut tower brace off of ebay ($67, shipped). I will update once those are installed.

Good Luck!!!
  • themanxthemanx Member Posts: 110
    :(

they are not loading

ElantraStan
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    I guess you have to point them to a web site to make it work, and I don't have one. I deleted the post.
  • 5port5port Member Posts: 395
    01 Elantra GT headlight with:

1) Sylvania Diadem parking light bulb

2) Audi A4 projector retrofit with HID

3) Sylvania Silverstar H1 hi-beam

• doohickiedoohickie Member Posts: 949
    Here's my car: The Red Rocket!
    It's an Electric Red GLS 5-door with AT, Cruise & Rear Spoiler. It also has a unique interior, sportier than the normal GLS, but not leather like the GT.

I've had it two and half weeks and put almost 1500 miles on it. So far I have: replaced the stock cassette head unit with a Pioneer CD/MP3 player, added a trunk-mounted Pioneer CD changer,

added mesh to the lower bumper openings and grill to keep rocks away from my radiator & stuff,

added "backlighting" to the grill,

and yesterday, I installed a 19.2 mm sway bar from the Tiburon. So far, so good! ;)
  • rjeskeyrjeskey Member Posts: 29
    What interior is that? Was that the standard interior for the GLS Hatchback?
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    Yes, it is, for cars with a grey interior. Pretty spiffy, eh? A big plus for the GLS 5-door over the sedan IMO. Much nicer looking than the standard GLS interior. For '05, the tan GLS hatchback interior was just like that in the sedan. I haven't seen the interior on the '06s yet.
    Although, strangely, there is no documentation of that interior on either the Hyundai website or their brochures. At least, not that I could find. On finding out the gray hatch interior is that sporty version, I'm glad I didn't go with the GT. That was my original choice but I decided leather wasn't for me here in Texas when I took a GT out for a test drive on a 100 degree day.

With the Tibby sway bar the GLS handles fine, and the only aspect of the GT I wish I had is the alloy rims. Under the right circumstances I may pick up a set (like if someone upgrades on a new Elantra and doesn't have too many miles on them).
    for your viewing pleasure.
    At Grapevine Mills in Grapevine, Texas. I had only met these guys online before last night.

I got there at about 6:30, figuring I was way late. I drove around Entrance 3 for a while until I noticed another Elantra driving around. We pulled up to each other and it turned out to be Sleepergt. So we stopped there and waited to see who else would show. I got my camera out, but there were only two of us so far (me and the Red Rocket on the left).

So Sleepergt showed me his engine, including his Cold Air Intake. Note that he mounted his 05 MAF sensor between the two silver sections of intake tube.

Then, Paki showed up, ready to show of his XD with CAI. Would you buy a used Elantra from this guy?

A couple of lineup shots:
    Paki, Doohickie, Sleepergt

Finally Coco showed up with his silver XD:

Group shot: Doohickie, Sleepergt, Coco & Paki

Anyone out there interested in future DFW area meets?
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    This is very cool. :shades:

Is that a mall parking lot?
    Grapevine Mills Mall in Grapevine, Texas.
This discussion has been closed.