Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Avalanche Accessories & Modifications

Comments

• ygmnygmn Posts: 179
    I have seen many pics of AVYS lifted....2wd and 4x4...

the ride will be compromised...but one canot say how much...

Good luck
  • greg3815greg3815 Posts: 15
    hey people i just brought me a pair of some silver star head lights an amber day time runnen lights an there is great diffenrct in the stock head light an the new silver star one they will cost you about 40-50 bucks an the day time runnen lights cost about 30 bucks u can pick these up at ur loacl walmart or autopart store ur avalanche low beam size is 9006
  • 2500av2500av Posts: 3
    THERE IS A KIT U NEED TO PURCHASE, UNLESS YOUR NEW CD PLAYER IS THE SAME DIN SIZE. IF U HAVE ON-STAR U WILL NEED TO PURCHASE AN ADAPTER THAT STILL LETS THE ON-STAR SOUND COME THRU YOUR NEW UNIT. $80.
  • 2500av2500av Posts: 3
    SHOULD HAVE WENT TO EBAY. I PURCHASED HID HEADLIGHTS, HYPER WHITE FOG LIGHTS,HYPER WHITE BRIGHTS, AND NEW SILVER COLORED DAYLIGHTS THAT SHOW AMBER WHEN LIT FOR $90.00 TOTAL.
  • mdenamdena Posts: 1
    i have an 05 avalanche and want to put on a k&n filter. does anyone know of any problems that can or have occured from this upgrade? please let me know.
    thanks
  • txyank1txyank1 Posts: 1,010
    Only if you OVER-oil it. Then you can screw up your Mass Airflow Sensor. Dealers frown on that.
  • rellufrelluf Posts: 1
    Well #1 you'll know the z66 come with 16in rims go figure that with a truck that size. so I want to up grade to some 20in chome rims. what are the pros and cons mileage, gas, and speedometer.
    #2 I got a 6 disc cd changer, where is the best location in the truck to mount it
    The Z66 comes with 17" rims. Base model has 16". If you use a lower profile tire (the norm) so the overall diameter stays the same, there is no effect on speedo. It may take a little more oooomph on the brake pedal to slow it down, as you have more rolling mass with the 20" rims.
  • I have a 2004 chevrolet avalanche and am considering a 6" lift with a 3" body lift and 36" tires. I am planning on having this truck for a very long time. I am also considering a 6" lift with 33" or 35" tires. Does anyone know what kind of a difference I am going to have with wear and tear on the truck if any? I like the look of the 9" lift all together better but don't want to run into a bunch of problems. Also if the 9" lift is going to be hard on the truck what parts is it exactly going to be hard on and would it be really expensive to fix? If anyone could help me out with this I would really appreciate it.
  • I have a white 4x4 avalanche 02 and i was thinking of doing the same thing. i was thinking of yakama rack but which one did you get
  • mjahmjah Posts: 1
    Has anyone ever tried to remove the rails that support the bed tops on an avalanche in order to hold a Quad ATV? Seems that these rails pertrude to far into the bed to ride a quad up into the bed. I was thinking of removing the rails, which will give me the five inches needed.
  • jmath53jmath53 Posts: 1
    I put a K&N77 on my avy and got better mpg and the growl from the intake is grrreat not to mention a decent gains in the mid range hp from the 3500 rpm up. It was easy to put on but dont try to put on a throttle body spacer it wont work unless you trim the tubing on the K&N. Good luck
    I'm currently running an Airaid tube with a K&N drop-in filter with similar results. Be careful not to over-oil the filter when you re-charge. ;)
  • ralphie2ralphie2 Posts: 7
    I added a K&N drop in filter, and a FlowMaster single outlet cat-back system. I've noticed a small increase in mileage and a noticeable increase in pick up. Has anyone installed a Tornado Fuel Saver? If you have, are they worth the $70?
    No, and by most accounts they are not. Maybe on a carbueratored engine.
  • ralphfralphf Posts: 3
    Okay,thanks! You're the only person I've heard from about those things.
  • Anyone know if the 2007 Avalanche comes with a transmission cooler. I looked under the hood of one and it looks like it has the connections from the radiator to the tranny area, but did not get a close look. It comes with a hitch and most vehicle sold with a towing package do have the cooler. Anyone know for sure or do you have to have one installed. Also, what about a break controller?
  • I desperately want the cady convertor that go over the bed rails (dont know the official name). I believe they are clip ons and you just get them pained at a body shop to make your your avalanche look more like an escalade truck. does anyone know what they are called and maybe a website name. I always see them on decked out avalanche trucks
  • c_murrellc_murrell Posts: 2
    I'm looking for the same thing, and was wondering if you ever found those bed rails if so could you let me know where?
  • c_murrellc_murrell Posts: 2
    I broke the electrical connector that sits in the towing hitch. I was wondering if anyone know where I can find just the connector?
  • jerrywimerjerrywimer Posts: 588
    If it has the 4.10 rear end gear ratio it has the cooler (came with that option). Otherwise, I believe you had (have?) to pick the transmission cooler option off of the checksheet to get it. All 2007's have the hitch, so that alone isn't a good indicator.
  • jerrywimerjerrywimer Posts: 588
    Are you talking about the painted cargo boxes and sail panels (black textured plastic on stock Avalanches)?

If you are, there's two ways that I've seen others get the "Escalade" treatment. The first is to have a body shop take the Avalanche's panels off, sand them smooth, and then paint them to match the rest of the vehicle. The other method I've seen is to order the parts for the Escalade from GM (including 3rd brake light), and get those parts painted to match. The latter is quite a bit more expensive, but you get the long brake light in the process.
  • I believe what you're referring to is the upper body-cladding that covers the bed of the truck. You have a few options. #1 You can attempt to have the pieces painted. This will cost you anywhere from $1500 to $3500 depending on the shop you choose and the results can be disastrous. The Avalanche plastic doesn't hold paint very well and is prone to chipping and peeling. But it can definitely be done. #2 You can order the Cadillac Escalade parts from the dealer or watch junk yards and such for wrecked Escalades. Ordering the parts from the dealer will cost you upwards of $5,000! Or, and you'll thank me for this, you can go with #3 which is what I luckily found by chance. There is a company called Southern Comfort Conversions who fabricates the pieces for the Avalanche in smooth paintable plastic (just like the Cadillac Escalade) for a much lower price. I just ordered mine a couple of days ago for around $1,070 ($995 + shipping) and that includes the 8 major pieces that you would want to paint anyways. Their website is www.scomfort.com just click on the Chevy logo up top (direct link .) And I'm not positive, but I do believe this kit will fit all Avalanches built up to this date. Hope this helps. I searched the internet for weeks before finally stumbling across this website!!
  • ***UPDATE***
    I just received my order from Southern Comfort Conversions and I must say that I am DEEPLY deeply disappointed. The kit they sell is not a replacement kit for original pieces, it's a stick-on kit. It consists of about 8 cheap pieces of plastic with double-sided sticky tape on the back. So now my cheap plastic body cladding will have cheap plastic PAINTED body cladding. The plastic pieces that I paid $1,000 for probably cost them about $20 to make. And the box that I paid $75 shipping for probably cost them $10 to ship (it weighed nearly nothing.) The 2 side panels that go over the storage/cooler doors do not even cover the entire piece, only the lid itself which is about half the size of the OEM part. The kit is usable but I'm afraid it will give my truck a very cheap look and more importantly a cheap feel. I'm going to see how much it's going to cost me to have it painted, if it isn't too much ill attempt to put it on and see how it looks, otherwise I'll be sending it back and taking a loss of about $350-$400 (they conveniently charge a 25% restocking fee plus shipping.) Hopefully this helps someone out there save a little cash.
  • jmath53,
    I have a 2005 Avalanche 5.3 L with the K&N #77, and a PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer and had no problem. If you have an electric radiator fan you do not have to trim the tubing. This set up works very well when combined with the Stainless Steel MagnaFlow Cat Back Exhaust. I am getting 21 MPG on the highway when I set the cruise @ 75 MPH. Not bad for a big truck.
  • I was thinking of purchasing a HyperTech HyperMax Tuner for my 05 Avy and was wondering if anyone out there has one? If so what was your experience? Any noticable improvement? Worth the Money? What settings did you use?
    Do you know of any fourms that discuss the Tuners for the Avalanche?
  • i wanted to buy a bedslide for my 05'avalanche then i found the quikunload bedsled does anyone know which is better?
  • My friend & I were going to try to fix a dent on his 89 Camry. I was looking to buy some body filler but I am confused as to which one to get. Anybody have any opinions on which of these would work best?

http://www.autobodytoolmart.com/c-499-body-fillers.aspx?cid=FM1
  • 07av07av Posts: 5
    I just bought a '07' Avalanche..... "LOVE IT"
    I'm looking for a way to keep the V-4 mode in a little longer?..as soon as any gas is applied, it goes into V-8 mode!
    When I'm crusing, it's on V-4, but 'any' throttle,it jumps into V-8 mode!
    I think if it stayed in the V-4 mode just a little longer, it would save a little more gas? Anyone have a FIX?
  • When you're cruising try using cruise control, this might help with the mileage. My son has an 07 Silverado and the Active Fuel Management doesn't seem to add but maybe 1 or 2 mpg at best.
This discussion has been closed.