Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Avalanche Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Greeetings All:

Does anyone know anything specific about the aviation group that has a supplier number with GM that one can join for about $10 ??.... Or, for that matter, any other such supplier willing to take on an soon-to-be Avalanche owner??...
  • fastz28fastz28 Posts: 19
    I got myself a new toy!!!

It's a 2002 Chevy Avalanche with Z66 Package, Onyx Black w/ Tan interior.

I made one heck of a deal, here's how:

MSRP $31,800 - ouch :-(
    Invoice $27,902

With my kickass negotiation skills, I got them to lower to $26,538, woohoo more than $1350 UNDER invoice!!!

But wait, since I'm in grad school, GM decided to give the poor student $400.

There's more, since I'm a royal GM card holder, I have accumulated a
    whopping $5079 in rebates.

Bottom line, I got it for $21059!!! with TT&L = 22600.

Not good enough? Ok, how about 0% financing? ;-)
  • dallisdallis Posts: 8
    good luck with your av but i thought their was a $1000 cap on card ernings toward purchase on an av thats what gm states did your deal go threw yet? hope it works out for you.
    I have the old "Gold" card, no cap. The new "platinum" card has cap depend on which vehicle.
  • What about the blue GM card? I've used mine for as much as $2500 on previous car purchases. What is the $1000 cap all about? Is that cap only for purchase of an Av?
    I think...

As far as I know, cap only applies only if you "upgrade" to the platinum card.

Platinum cards only allow you to apply up to $2000 depend on vehicle. The cap is $1000 for the platinum cards.

Call them to verify everything I said here. # is on the back of the card.
  • dgardgar Posts: 10
    I have the old original GM card and it has no cap
    on any vehicle. They are constantly trying to get
    me to take the "new" card but I won't do it. I also charge everything possible to it each month and pay the bill so there's no interest. This way we build new car credit fairly quick.
  • txyank1txyank1 Posts: 1,010
    the mail yesterday to switch to a new card with no annual eanings cap. Included is a chart of "Earnings Redemption Allowances for the newest GM Card". Limits are from $1,000 to $3500 depending on Brand, yr, model. But "will never be lower than $1,000". One more thing I found interesting..."GM Card Earnings may not be combined with any GM employee, dealership, or supplier programs.......".
  • I'm debating whether to go to the Chevy dealer with my GM Supplier form or ask them to quote me open market price first. I've seen advertised prices in the newspaper for $5000 off of MSRP and I'm not sure the GM Supplier price will be lower.
    but I'd be real surprised if you couldn't just as well or better on 2001. I too have seen some huge discounts advertised.
  • GMS $ is usually a few hundreds $ under invoice. Depend on options, $5000 under MSRP is usually a bit lower than GMS. Go in ask for open market first and then ask for GMS $. GMS $ doesn't change, market $ does.
  • i too are seeing these great discounts advertised but most of the time its the bait & switch tech,its if you borrow 80-90 % at high rates and long term and things like that, however i do know someone that will discount an av 5k for real if you cant get it let me know, and good luck too ya.
  • Anybody know who has a large supply of the Avalanches in Houston, SA or Austin and will sell them for a good deal? I went to Lawrence Marshall, but they only had about 5.

Bill Heard has a lot, but they install a $1,600.00 alarm on all cars - you have no choice.

I am considering a red z66 w/ 4.10.
  • You can go to gmbuypower.com to check inventory of all the dealers. I got a great deal from Capitol Chevy in Austin. Easiest car shopping experience ever. Let me know if you need a referral.
    has always had a large supply. Usually 60+ with a pretty good selection. Although according to fastz28 harder to deal with.
  • I have a deal set on a Z66 $31,800 discounted to $27250...$4550 off. I calculated dealer cost of 27,900 - $800 dealer holdback = 27,100. What am I missing...dealer rebate? How can they get to $26,500? I, unfortunately only have a $1000 allowance on the GMcard for 26,250 net. Thought I was in good shape until reading your post...what is the dealers name, local?
  • I don't know how they do it, they are losing money as far as I can tell. I just took a competitor's ad and asked them to match it. The competitor's ad had MSRP of $31250 and a selling price of $25988 so a reduction of $5262 from MSRP. I askem them to match it so they took $5262 from my MSRP of $31800 = $26538!!!

Don't know if they will do that again, but if you want my salesman's name, email me (fastz_28@yahoo.com).
  • Just got an email from Capitol Chev...Austin. 31,800 msrp...26,989 otd. Looks like $5000 off is available. Now...they have all the colors with my options and interior...lets here it...what say ye? Red?, Pewter?, Blue,? Orange?,
    Thanks Z28...didn't get to 26,583 but can't argue with a guy doing that deep. Maybe I can get them to deliver it 500 miles to Missouri :-}
  • As in out-the-door, with TT&L? If so, that's a great deal. If that's just the sales price, still a good deal.

Of those colors you mentioned, I would go blue for "prettiest" or pewter for easiest to keep clean.

But I have to plug my Texas Burnt (sunset) orange, too.

Me? I got Black/tan. Black is just gorgeous (when clean).

Good luck with purchase.
    deliver it for a plane ticket home. I haven't seen an Orange one? Is that really one of the colors? I saw a Green one over the weekend that was a different Green than I've seen before. Lighter, more of a Moss color. I haven't been on a lot in awhile, must be they have some new colors. Other than Black or White (not on your list) I'd have to go with the Pewter. I really like the color and the cladding is more subdued, blends in as opposed to stands out.