Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Avalanche Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ffmcobaltffmcobalt Posts: 20
    With the GM Card, every purchase you make will accumulate earnings that you can save for up to seven years. Depending on which color GM Card you have, you might be able to use all of those earnings or only some. One card (the old card) gives you 5% of your purchases back in point earnings and allows you to spend only a certain amount on vehicles. Another card (one of the new ones) gives you 1% of your purchases back in point earnings and allows you to spend all of your points, no matter how much you have, on the vehicle. I don't remember if it's one or both, but I remember there being a 3,000 point cap on some card. Check out the GM Card website for more info.

http://www.gmcard.com/
  • txyank1txyank1 Posts: 1,010
    (the original) it was $500 per year for seven years totalling $3500 max. And seems like in the eigth year your first yr dropped off, so it in effect is the last seven years earnings.
  • dmanz66dmanz66 Posts: 1
    I have more than the $1000 available for use on the Avalanche on my GM platinum card. I have found out at the dealer that I can not combine the platinum card earnings with the GM employee discount. The dealer would not budge from the employee discount price. I haggled over the phone the the gm card reps to no avail. That $1000 would have closed the deal. Walked away with no Avalanche.
    change they made. They certainly aren't making it more attractive to use the card.
  • adomingoadomingo Posts: 2
    Hello,

I am looking to finally get an AV. Let me know what you paid. I am looking to get a Z71 without the body hardware.

TIA

-A
    are able to get pretty close to Invoice and then pile the rebates on top of that. Shouldn't have any trouble buying for Edmunds "True Market Value".
  • dcrislerdcrisler Posts: 118
    Everything except the XM radio for around $32k (sticker was $43), using my GM Supplier discount and the current $4k rebate and an additional $500. for doing the 24hour testdrive... I have been very pleased with the truck so far.
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 1,636
    A reporter is hoping to interview a recent car-buyer who participated in
    an overnight or 24-hour test drive and then purchased the vehicle.
    Please respond to 248-890-8582, farataye@yahoo.com or
    jfallon@edmunds.com by 5pm Eastern Wednesday, March 24, 2004.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • Wow it has been awhile since anyone bought an Avalanche. I ended up with a 2004 1500 Avalanche for $250 below their invoice. (Their's $30750, Edmunds $30585). Av is Silver Birch Metallic and has Trailering package, Lock. differential, roof rack, WL tires, and had chrome assist step added. Dealer gave me $7500 for my trade (1999 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500 w/ 87000 miles) and $4000 in rebates.
  • How frequent are the $4000 rebates? We want to buy now but the rebate is only $1500. Should we be patient?
  • If you are looking to buy a 2004 the current rebate is $3500 plus $1000 if you finance through GMAC, and an additional $500 if in the military. I think the $1500 rebate is currently on 2005 models. Given the state of the economy and rising gas prices, I'm sure dealers will have trouble moving the 2005s as well. That being the case, it's only a matter of time before the rebates on 2005s increase. Though it's impossible to predict when or if the rebate will reach $4000.

If you plan on keeping the truck more than 5 years I would recommend trying to find a 2004 with the options you are looking for. Dealers are eager sell them.
  • Why did you say 'if' we plan to keep it for 5 years 'then' buy a 2004? Thanks for responding.
  • malsrmalsr Posts: 1
    Chevrolet sent several dozen Z71 WBH Avalanches to New Orleans for the 2003 Bass Masters Tournament. After the show they were offered to the public at $10,000 off list price. The trucks were all equipped the same way in the same color. Mileage varied at 200 to 400 miles per truck. List price was over $42,700. My price was then $32,700 plus TT&L. GM would not let me use my GM Gold Card rebate so I save it to use on my 2004 Grand Prix GTP with the COMP package that I bought in 1/04. (Very fast car)
  • funpilotfunpilot Posts: 66
    I paid $30,240 for a $39,500 vehicle.......great sale.
  • jhinscjhinsc Posts: 397
    I need a new truck for my growing business, and one of my requirements is it must have stability control and side airbags for safety. (I currently have an 00 Mercedes ML 320) After an initial search, the Honda Ridgeline and Chevy Avalanche were the only 2 models that met my needs. After further evaluation, I found the Avalanche provided the most flexibility with the folding midgate and lockable tailgate and cover. If the Ridgeline had the folding midgate, it would hands down be the winner from a reliability standpoint, but I figure with the new extended GM warranty, I should be fine.

Any experiences out there anyone wants to share? I'm looking for an LT3 2WD, since there's not much of a price spread between the LS and LT trims. Prices paid, dealer willingness to deal, and OTD pricing BEFORE TTL would be helpful to know. :shades:
  • jhinscjhinsc Posts: 397
    Boy, the Avalanche forums are slow these days. Update on our purchase. Ended up buying an LTZ 2wd, sport red metallic with sunroof. No nav or rear dvd. Sweet ride! The DOD though doesn't seem to kick in very often though. Hopefully after the break-in period it will. Avg mpg so far is around 18 mpg - not bad!
  • Anyone in Eastern Massachusetts with some feedback on outgoing 06 4x4's? Are they dealing yet? My 2003 is starting to N&D me to death so I would like to upgrade to a new one before I hit the 100k miles mark.
  • Car Man:

Recently got a quote on an 2007 Avalanch LT (sale price $33,321). Asked for figures on a 60 month buy or 36month/12K mile lease with no money down. This is what they gave me, which seems high.

$634 month (includes tax) on lease
    $750 month on 60 month buy.

Is this reasonable, and if not what would be?
  • I got a loaded 07 LTZ used with 1700 miles for $35.7k out the door.. it was in service for 2 months then traded back for a different car from the same dealer.... i'm very happy... let me rephrase that; I could not be happier