Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Elantra Accessories and Modifications

Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,020
What have you added and/or changed to your Elantra?

KarenS
Host
Owner's Clubs

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

Comments

• compensatecompensate Posts: 212
    I got the dealer to throw in new mud guards for free when I bought my car. The salesperson said I could bring the car back in two days and they would install them for me for free.

I came back in two days, as the parts had just arrived, but decided to put them on myself. How hard could it be, right? I'd already done this on the 1999 Protege ES my wife now drives, and it was pretty easy.

Wow! I tried to install one of the rear mud guards and could not get all three holes to line up with the fender holes. Very strange. I wonder if I got mud guards for the 2001 Elantra GLS instead of the proper part for my 2001 GT.

Anyone else have problems installing mud guards on a late-model Elantra?
  • dbrowdydbrowdy Posts: 5
    Sorry, compensate, mine came installed.

Anyone have any experience/ideas with installing fog lights?

D
  • Anyone have a cargo net installed in their GT? I asked for one as part of the deal on mine, and the dealer really didn't know what I was talking about. They threw in a net, but no way to anchor it, etc. (I think it came from a Jeep Cherokee or something). Any ideas on how to install?
  • We talked our rep into getting us the floor mats and cargo net for free. He was nice enough to finally bring by our floor mats last week along with the cargo net. When he tried to install it, he noticed there were no anchors also. He used his cell phone and called the parts dept. at the dealership and they said that there are anchors specifically for the GT that has to go along with the net to be installed correctly. He called and said they should be in early next week and will come out an install them. If I remember, I'll post and let you know where/how to install it.
  • pigbagpigbag Posts: 3
    I have the Elantra, GAS. I got the cargo net for it. It came with the net, and plastic hooks for installation. There were directions which applied to several different Hyundai's. Depending on the Hyundai, you would use different hooks. Essentially I had to remove a plastic "knob" on each side of the trunk wall. I screwed in the correct hooks and attached the net. It only attaches on either side so it sort of just hangs across the width of the trunk. It shouldn't be that much different on the T. The procedure should be roughly the same.
  • tc22tc22 Posts: 2
    Anyone install window visors ?? What kind? How do you like them?
  • Would you happen to know what the part number is for the cargo net and anchors specific to the GT?
    My dealer is in the dark about this because the car is so new on the east coast (at least in Florida, it seems....).

Thanks.
  • Sorry, no part numbers. I didn't buy them so I didn't receive an invoice for it. BTW, I'm in Central FL also. I'll try to call the dealership and get the correct parts numbers for everything and if you close, you can go to my dealership and order them in.
  • I have a set of window visors from HDKautosport.com They look great! Better than the Ventvisor brand ones, no lip on the edge, looks cleaner. If you order them be ready to wait a little to get them, he said he could get them in a week but it was really 3weeks. He gets everything direct from Korea. Check them out good when they get there too, I ordered a set for my Elantra and My Rio and Two sets for the Rio came to me damaged.

G
  • mpgmanmpgman Posts: 723
    Got the dealer to throw it in on the GT with mud flaps. Guess they had the parts.
  • Has anyone ordered from this site? Would like some feedback before I place the order since they don't supply an address on the site, only a phone number....
  • Any one know if the spoilers shown there will fit the GT? It doesn't specify...And where do I find the paint code for my GT (cobalt blue)?
    Thanks!
  • Can anyone tell me if they replaced the rear deck speakers? It appears the whole deck has to be removed to upgrade these speakers.

Also, has anyone replace the factory radio? If so, was it a problem?
  • th003gth003g Posts: 149
    I saw on the british hyundai website that there was a factory spoiler avaliable on the GT, not sure about the color blue. It looks kinda like the one for the galant. I also replaced my stereo head unit, due to the shape and contour of the center stack the techinician was not able to mount it correctly into the dash. My install sticks out about a quater to half an inch from the plane where the original stereo was flush with the climate controls
  • I have a question, not sure if anybody can answer it ...

I'm considering modding my 2001 GLS by going over to plus-sized wheels and wider, lower-profile tires. My question regards the stock 15" x 5.5" wheels. Does anybody know the offset measurement for these wheels, or who manufactures them for Hyundai? I've already tried numerous sources throughout Hyundai, and nobody seems to know. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. :)
  • Iharvilla, I can't answer your question but, I'm looking to replace one wheel (and tire) on my 2001 elantra so if you're selling, let me know at jcimato@juno.com.

In the meantime, good luck with the upgrade!
  • there is a recent post on the hyundai 5door forum that has someone that replaced the wheels with 17" low profile wheels . you might want to surf over there and read about it .
  • gt_fangt_fan Posts: 159
    If you go to www.tirerack.com they have a neat feature where you can pick out different wheels that fit your car and see what they look like on your make and model. You can even select the correct color of your car.

I'm going to be switching to some 17" wheels and lower springs for my GT soon if I can talk the wife into it.

Good luck!