Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Elantra Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mort4371mort4371 Posts: 27
    I'd say it probably is legit. They just sell cheaper than most smaller dealers are willing to sell.

I've bought two Hyundais from Fitzgerald (Rockville, MD) in the last 15 months. It's about 2 1/2 hours from me, but neither of the smaller local dealers in my area were willing to be even competitive with Fitz's price, and neither had exactly what I wanted either.

Both times (wife's Sonata last winter, and my Elantra this month) we've chosen something local that wasn't exactly what we wanted (color/option/etc-wise) but close enough we'd live with. Both times, put the check on the table and told them we'd have a deal if they would match or come close to the price we could get (on the exact car we wanted, no less) from Fitz. Financing was in place, all I had to do was sign the check. Both times, the dealers let us walk away, still about $1000 give or take from what Fitz would do. Both times, we went to Fitz and had no problems, hitches, or hidden charges.

This last time, with the Elantra, wife and I spent a whole day hopping around the local dealers, trying to get them to find something close to what I wanted and to compete with Fitz's price, listening to the managers tell me there's no way they can find/swap for the color I want in the SE/manual I want... Had checked Fitz for pricing, but not if they had the exact combo I wanted. Finally, about 5:00 that day, after getting worn out locally, decided to call Fitz salesman I dealt with on the Sonata. Called him, he took my cell number and called me back about 15 minutes later. No car like I wanted in stock, but one incoming (they had the invoice for it, but not the car yet) that was exactly what the local guys told me I'd never find. I gave him a credit card deposit to hold the car, and went to get it 10 days later when the car arrived. Couldn't have been simpler or easier (though it could have been closer ;) ).

I'm frankly not even sure I'll bother with the locals next time I'm in the market. The Sonata search and dealing was terrible. Decided to give them another chance with the Elantra, and I made sure it was less painful this time around but it was equally unfruitful. They may not get a third chance.
  • bob225bob225 Posts: 46
    Elantra SE plus Premium Pkg. with 5-speed plus floor mats, trunk mat, trunk net and mud flaps. Color: Quicksilver

MSRP $ 18380 with freight

puchased for $ 15,200 + $ 70 in dealer fees. Total $ 15,270

I will pay my 5% taxes in WV. Purchased in PA

Thanks for all the feed back and details experiences.
  • ramaducharamaducha Posts: 3
    Congrats! If you don't mind, where in PA did you purchase from? I am still trying to get a good deal on one. Thanks.
    Autoland Hyundai in Uniontown www.hyundaiofuniontown.com I got their last one but tonight manager said he was making a deal to aquire another one. Not sure if it was 5 sp or auto. They have alot of the GLS

Ask for Tracy or the Floor Manager Bob. Both really nice guys. Not sure if they will work the same deal tomorrow as today was the end of month.

FWIW Morgantown Hyundia has a Blue 5 sp. SE with premium pkg. (Did a few days ago)
  • kichwakichwa Posts: 1
    I just bought a Carbon Gray auto SE with mudguards, cargo net, cargo tray, and mats for 15704.

MSRP: 18,120

purchase price: 17204-1500(Utah rebate)=15704

I know its not the best deals thats been posted here but I'm happy. Unfortunately the dealers here aren't desperate for sales so I couldn't get a price like some others here. I still consider anything under invoice on an SE a great deal and I'm about 267 so I have no complaints.
    Your right anything under invoice is a good deal. I was the last sale of the night. We left around 10:00pm. Sale manager said they sold about 90 units in April. Not bad for a small town dealership.
  • cybermecyberme Posts: 1
    I live in houston, tx. The lowest quote I got for a 08 elantra gls/w package 2 is 15000 OTD. I saw people here bought it for only 13800. Dealer said that was not possible. Please help me. Where can I get a good deal in houston area? Thank you very much!
  • kevin58kevin58 Posts: 1
    hi!
    i just got the qoute in seattle ,wa
    ALL AUTO

SE 14780 (after rebate 1500)
    1697 (tax , doc, etc) 9.2% tax included
    =16477 (OTD) price

GLS + ppk + mat + mud
    13980 (after rebate 1500)
    1624 (tax, doc, etc) 9.2 % tac included
    = 15604

do you think it's good deal? Tell me..!!
    actually this is my second deal in same dealer..

thx!
  • mrcellusmrcellus Posts: 52
    IMO both are pretty good deals although I do not see the model year-are they 07's or 08's? I would definitely go for the SE especially if its a 08'.
  • alamocityalamocity Posts: 680
    You didn't specify whether it was automatic or not but if so and that was the drive out price that isn't a bad deal.
  • sandman46sandman46 Posts: 1,798
    Says it right there in the post.

The Sandman :)
  • noeffortnoeffort Posts: 10
    I just purchased an Elantra GLS in Valley Steam, NY with automatic transmission, Popular Equipment package, mud guards, and floor mats.
    Out the door price after $2000 rebate was $13,060.00 plus tax and tags.

with auto tranny?
    Could you please give me the dealers name.
    Thanks
    I also live in Ct and thinking of giving towne a call. Did they quote you an out the door price. Did you just go and pick it up without any BS?
    Did you do a trade?
    Thanks
  • bhmr59bhmr59 Posts: 1,598
    We did not have a trade-in. We called saying we had seen their internet price and would like to purchase. Asked for confirmation of total out the door price. They responded with price of car, doc fee, title & registration fee, CT sales tax (CT taxes the pre-rebate price) and rebate for the total OTD price. All of it was very clear. We made the agreement over the phone on a Tuesday or Wednesday and picked up the car on Saturday. The title & registration fees were a bit high--included temporary NJ registration--but it didn't matter. The total price OTD ($18,189) on an MSRP of $22,080 before tax, doc fee, title & registration was something like $3K less than the dealership in Bridgeport wanted. This was for an '07 Sonata SE V6 in Feb '07.

They told us the colors they had in stock. We selected gray and they then gave us the VIN, so we could get our insurance card. The car was ready and fully prepped Saturday morning. Towne arranged HMFC financing (5.9% for 60 months, which was a good rate in 2/07). All we had to do was sign papers and give the balance of our downpayment. Actually, my brother picked up the car. He left Shelton, picked up the car and was back in Trumbull to show me the car in about 4.5 hours.

A friend bought an Azera in 4/07. Same great experience. Although, at that time, Towne was able to get better financing through a bank than from HMFC.

Wish this forum allowed me to give you the salesman's name.
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,618
    The Internet salesperson's name is posted right on the Towne web site. If it's the same person you dealt with, you could just say "See their web site." ;)
    Thanks, good info. We live in shelton too, small world.....
    Thanks again....
    Dam, that's a great price, buy it here? valleystreamhyundai.com
  • bhmr59bhmr59 Posts: 1,598
    We did not deal with the person listed on the internet site. Although I'm sure he would be good also.

noeffort, the salesman's last name is the same as the family name of the owners of the River Restaurant in Derby.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    So, does anyone know the highest volume Hyundai dealers in and around San Francisco, San Jose, and Sacramento markets?
  • I too did just purchase an Elantra GLS in Vermont with the automatic. I also got the popular package (02/AB) , Floor mats, cargo tray. MSRP was 17,150. I got 999.00 off from the dealer, which is 405.00 under invoice, and the 2,000.00 rebate. I got it for 14,151 plus taxes, tags, and a non manufactured product from royal guard. Sounds like a great deal, but I can't figure out how you got it for so much lower than mine. What was the MSRP on the vehichle?