Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Elantra Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• lauradavidlauradavid Posts: 9
    Backy ( Love your name)

it is an automatic;his original offer was 17,000 + 499 doc fee, and he only came down when I told him that dealer fees around here are less than half of their fees. I think Fitzmall has it priced at 17,135. I don't know what their doc fee is, but my husband and I have summers off, so we could essentially drive anywhere to buy.

We test drove an 09 Sonata 4cyl GLS tonight, and we like how it rides, but the mpg is a big issue for us.

Anyway thanks for your help! I really appreciate it.
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,630
    Have you compared the mpg of the Elantra and Sonata? They are pretty close, especially on the highway.

So considering the $499 fee it looks like the dealer is very close to if not better than Fitzmall, depending on Fitzmall's fees. You might also check out Towne Hyundai, which has very good Internet prices, to see if they are significantly lower than your dealer or Fitzmall. They are in New Jersey. I know Towne has all 2009 Sonatas at about $2000 below invoice, plus rebates. So the Sonata GLS could actually cost about the same as the Elantra SE, but w/o leather of course.
  • statictstatict Posts: 2
    Just got back from buying the SE. Car is black, automatic, SE with floor mats and spoiler. No option packages. Cost was $14,845 + title/license/doc ($234) (no tax in my state). No other dealers in my state came close to this deal, and a few told me that when I went there, the price would not be what was quoted to me or that the car would be a GLS. However, it was exactly what was quoted to me and I think I got a real bargain (I think it beats Towne). I also only got a $1500 discount in my state, not the $2000 some are getting.

Car is fantastic, and I really enjoyed driving it home!
  • dvc3dvc3 Posts: 4
    gembree, glad to know I'm not the only one. The auto response definitely threw me off. I was wondering if they sold out or something. I'll give them a call. Thanks for the tip.
  • glssportglssport Posts: 1
    Hello All!

Just bought my Elantra GLS Sport last week and in Toronto we have a Blue Ribbon event with O% Financing for 60 month.

With my trade-in I got the Elantra for $24290.90 @ $404.84/month "OTD"

Some helpful hints to pass on is the mark up on the L auto model is very very little, where as the LTD (fully load) model is around the 7% mark up rate. You can really negociate on the Admin fee, the freight and PDI is a hard one to bargian with and the Taxes is untouchable.

FYI... because we have the 0% fianacing for 60 month we don't get anying rebates like those in the U.S., now that would have been really nice to get an additional $2000 off the price of the car.
  • lauradavidlauradavid Posts: 9
    Fitzmall called me back to let me know that an SE P + L is currently due to arrive in 2 - 3 weeks. Their price is 17,135.00 + 499 doc fee + 200 license and 7% Tn sales tax for a total OTD of 18,476. What do you all think? I could get an 09 Sonata ltd for a little over 2000.00 more. Both cars are auto.

Thanks,
    Laura
  • bhmr59bhmr59 Posts: 1,598
    I thought Fitzmall's doc fee was $99.

But, I haven't checked their site in a while so maybe it has changed.
  • envy1111envy1111 Posts: 2
    A dealer in my area offer me $1300 off their invoice price on any Elantra on their lot. On top of that, I will also get the $2000 credit. Is this a decent deal?

thanks
    That is decent, especially on the SE which seems to be in high demand and somewhat hard to find. You can do better on GLSes in some areas, e.g. Towne Hyundai, but not everyone can go to New Jersey to buy a car. :)
  • envy1111envy1111 Posts: 2
    If I can get the GLS with pop package for $11,900+tax+lic, is that still a good deal? They are also offering me the SE automatic for $14,800+tax+lic.
    Not quite as good as what you could do at Towne (assuming this is an MT car), but I think it's a good deal. If it's for an automatic car, that's a great deal. For comparison, I paid $11,800 + T&L for an Elantra GLS MT, in the fall of 2000! There weren't any rebates available then, but that car didn't have six airbags, ABS, XM radio, etc. etc. And this is nearly eight years later!
  • chibhawkchibhawk Posts: 2
    Hi, new to the board here.
    I've read through the past couple month's worth of postings to see where OTD prices have ranged.
    I live in southern Maine and unfortunately it doesn't seem like anyone else does.
    I've talked to several Maine dealers and so far I've gotten a GLS A/T with pop package for $14,500 OTD. It seems that typical fees here are $350 doc fee, $25 for title and the state sales tax of 5%. Unfortunately, Maine taxes before rebates.
    Doing the math the car itself is around $15,714 before everything. Is the $14,500 OTD price reasonable? I still haven't heard back from all the dealers so I'm hoping it will drop more. One dealer gave me the line he couldn't go below $15,000 and didn't know how they could.
    Any input is appreciated.
    Dan
    I had a long chat with a Hyundai sales guy today at my local dealer (had some time to kill). He seemed pretty knowledgeable on his products and the market in general. He told me that his dealership was unable to get any more 2008 Elantras. They had only 3 left on the lot, GLSes. Instead, they just bought a huge allocation of Accents. Now, he said this after I told him that I was not going to buy a car before fall, and if it were an Elantra it would have to be an SE or Touring. So I don't think he said it to pressure me to buy today. In fact he was very laid back.

Anyway, he claims that all the 2008 Elantras have been shipped and no more Elantras will be coming until the 2009s arrive this "fall"--whenever that is--who knows, could be July! I was wondering if anyone else has heard anything like this.
  • boltguyboltguy Posts: 94
    Antwerpen Hyundai (jacksaysyes.com) in Md. has approx. 70 '08 Elantras on their website for whatever that's worth. But they may have been allocated more as they're a very high volume dealer.
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    Get bids from about 10 dealers last week of the month (now). Perhaps toward the last few days or June 2 the prices will break a bit, a few dealers needing your business. It seems your price is about 13700, a little less if the title and stuff in your state is more than 100.

Prices have ranged from the high 12000's to 14000's on this car. Almost all the extraordinarily low prices seem to becoming from the Towne Dealership near NY. Whether Hyundai has a promotional agreement with this dealership or in this region I don't know.

The 07 Elantra gls auto Wholesales used for about 11000, so a price in the low 13000's is about what you want on a new 08 (msrp 17000). Even 13700 isn't bad, as it seems like a better car and warranty than the 08 Ford Focus, and they are paying about the same. If you're financing it may be also fruitful putting some effort into options there , as you can easily leave $1000 or more on the table there over 4 years or so too.

Good Luck
    --jjf

Hi, new to the board here.
    I've read through the past couple month's worth of postings to see where OTD prices have ranged.
    I live in southern Maine and unfortunately it doesn't seem like anyone else does.
    I've talked to several Maine dealers and so far I've gotten a GLS A/T with pop package for $14,500 OTD. It seems that typical fees here are $350 doc fee, $25 for title and the state sales tax of 5%. Unfortunately, Maine taxes before rebates.
    Doing the math the car itself is around $15,714 before everything. Is the $14,500 OTD price reasonable? I still haven't heard back from all the dealers so I'm hoping it will drop more. One dealer gave me the line he couldn't go below $15,000 and didn't know how they could.
    Any input is appreciated.
    Dan
  • zodiac711zodiac711 Posts: 18
    Each person has their opinion on whats good. I don't discount the benefits of the Elantra SE, but they do come at a price.

How much less is an Accent SE vs Elantra GLS? Now, we compare Elantra GLS vs SE. And, for only a bit more, you can get something even better than an Elantra SE. Repeat until your ~15k car is now a 40k+ car.

One must stop somewhere (barring an infinite amount of $$$). :)
  • shekharshekhar Posts: 23
    Which state and dealer you bought it from. I am in SC and would like to get SE automatic. Jim Hudson is asking $15,860 + Deaer fee ($249), + tax ($300) + title ($30)
    Thanks
  • statictstatict Posts: 2
    Bought it at the Salem, OR Hyundai dealer. Called other dealers in the state (and in southern Washington), and was getting quotes of like $15,650-$15,850 or so. Then they quoted me the really low price. I was very skeptical, but when I went there, it was very straightforward, the price was as they said, and the car was as they said.
  • prajanprajan Posts: 2
    Hi Folks,

I have been following the discussion about Hyundai Elantra on this Forum and it was quite helpful to me to get an Elantra.

I got my vehicle 2 days back in Houston for 16096 (Including Tax,TTL,Fees). The car is equipped with the anti-theft system and comes with the sun roof + Popular Package . The car drives great and is equivalently great on Mileage.

The selling price of the car was 14400 and the anti- theft added 490 dollars over it.

Do you think it is good deal?

Raj
  • xfshhxfshh Posts: 26
    a SE or GLS?