Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Elantra Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I got a Titanium Gray Limited w Black leather interior. Auto Dimming Mirrors,Bumper Applique,Carpeted Floor Mats,First Aid Kit,Mud Guards, Cargo net. Out the door $21,500. 2-10-13
  • ttb217ttb217 Posts: 1
    burgh1960, may i ask what state this was in? before I read your post, I've been trying to negotiate starting at 20k OTD, but ive been been accused of low-balling.
  • bdriessebdriesse Posts: 1
    MSRP $24,295 (incl. destination)

First I got an "ePrice" quote of $20,518 which included $1,250 in retail incentives (finance bonus and competitive coupon) and dealer discount of $2,527. Once I went to dealership they tried adding $299 for etching, but I got them to take it off. Add TTL & doc fee... I was out-the-door at a little over $23k.
  • I just bought 2013 Elantra Limited with Tech and some other addons-auto dimming, mud flaps, mats, etc with Msrp 24,450. I had trade in of 2000 Acura TL.. They made initial offer of 22,645 plus tax, tags and other fees and only offered 1400 for trade in which would have been 24,650 I would have to pay. I countered with $22000 for car which included all other fees and tax and registration and $2000 for trade in which was $20000 for me to pay. They countered and I accepted with offer of me paying $20800 after trade in. I told them I was only interested in final OTD price I had to pay and could do whatever they wanted to with price of vehicle and trade in to get to this.
  • therockettherocket Posts: 11
    hey I got a internet quote from a dealership for a 2013 elantra GLS with preferred package for $17,500 OTD. Personally I think it's a very good deal, but what do you guys think?

Thanks!
  • steven39steven39 Posts: 636
    what was the price before TTT??
    they didn't say... all they gave me was a OTD price. is this a good deal?
    edited April 2013
    got an OTD price from another dealer for 17,600 for a GLS with preferred package. I feel like there is still some wiggle room. what you guys think? I'm in Georgia.
    what was the price before TTT??
    i didn't ask... just went for the OTD. why do you keep asking this?
  • Out the door doesn't help people compare the actual cost of the car. You live in Georgia. The sales tax & registration fees alone vary from state to state.

Also, someone above spoke of an out the door price that included a trade-in. This further dilutes the actual price of the car and the deal the person got. How much was the trade in worth? You could trade in a car for $1000 or for $5000 or more.

If you want to be helpful, break apart the cost of the car so people can compare apples to apples. Otherwise you aren't being helpful.
    got you. I was trying to provide some useful info but unfortunately I don't know the price before tax and title and I didn't ask either. But then again, new car tax rate is at 6.5% in Georgia and title and registration costs around 270 according to Edmunds.com. So with a 17,500 OTD price, it would put the tag price of the car at roughly 16,200.

nonetheless, do you think 17,500 OTD is a good deal?
    I agree,although people are trying to be helpful about what they paid for the vehicle the best way to do this is to provide the final negotiated price for the car before any fee's and TTT simply because sales tax and the fee's vary from state to state...
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,722
    It also helps to provide the MSRP including destination charge any any options, and also what rebates/discounts were included, as some of those don't apply to everyone e.g. student, loyalty, competitive, financing, and military rebates.
    guys, I got what you mean, and please see my last post for an estimated price before tax and tags. In all my posts I asked if i got a good price from the dealers but so far no one has said anything yet
  • honk10honk10 Posts: 1
    Based on Costco pricing I got a quote for an Elantra GT Automatic with style and technology packages including destination and advertising charges for 23,671. Dealor documentation fee is $99. The incentives would be seperate ($1250).

Based on research on Consumer Reports it looks like this quote gives me most of the dealers hold back.

Do you think I should pull the trigger over the Patriots Day weekend? Hoping they might offer sweeteners like free oil changes or inspection stickers. Or should I wait until the end of the month?
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,666
    edited April 2013
    Seems like an excellent price from what I can see. But honestly, does it really matter now? It's yours and what will you do if you find out that it wasn't the best price you could have gotten? Enjoy your beautiful new vehicle and forget about it! But from my research here in South Florida, ya did real good at $16,200 for a GLS with Preferred Package. What color combo is it? The charcol is my favorite but the sand color is also a beauty. Whatever, you bought a stellar vehicle which will give years of great miles. Enjoy your new toy and get on with your life!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

this is a great price considering that i paid $18,100.00 for a 2013 elantra gls with the preffered package last summer..
  • limited otd 21900 at i.e. hyundai in loma linda, Ca

This was before TTT and 1250.00 in incentives
    Its not the greatest price but the y got mein sales. You ( future buyer s) must negotiate before signing anything. I had a clear misunderstanding because we negotiated at 21 150 (shook hands on it which is null) and I thought it was the selling price. They said (sales manager) it was after the rebates which put me at $20,650, which I think is a crock of shnitz, ehh they got me. I love the car but I'm neva eva gonna buy a car from them again. The rebates are not part of the negotiated price. Its an incentive for the buyer to step onto the showroom floor. Anywho, in Ca there isn't a cooling off period. I have no buyer's remorse, i love the car..i guess its dealership remorse ; )

80.00 doc fee i said no (17 times) i kid you not regarding the extended warranty.

Floor mats,auto dimming mirror,cargo mat,first aid kit, wheel locks ( no spare tire = lame)
    haha, thanks. that's just the quote i got from a dealer, i haven't actually bought the car yet. Hopefully when i step into the dealership there won't be any hidden traps. my favorite color combo is black exterior with gray interior
    Black is a bit intense down here in South Florida but many do buy that combo! Saw a charcoal one with a spoiler at the dealer yesterday which looked really sharp but have decided that if I do go Hyundai, it's gonna be a Tuscon which seems to be an Elantra that just sits a few inches higher. Tried a Nissan Rogue a couple weeks ago and it was great so hoping the Tuscon will top it...a co-worker has a Tuscon and just loves it. It would be perfect for me and would fit on my side of the garage perfectly. Price wise it's in that sweet spot that I'm willing to spend and truth be told, even though I'd love a C Class or 3 Series, they are just not practical in my case. A vehicle like the Tuscon is perfect and it really is an Elantra underneath I'm assuming.

From what I can tell, a refresh is due in year 4, which would be 2015. Should be interesting to see what Hyundai comes up with.

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• I bought Limited with tech package, floor mats, auto dimming and first aid which had cost of car $23685 with $775 freight for total MSRP $24,460 dealer had added mud guards, door edge guards and nitrogen inflation for final total price $25,159.95.

I paid cost of car $23.340.00 then minus $1750 rebates for $21,590 plus TTL. this is in Georgia and according to Edmunds this price before rebates was less than invoice so feel received good deal. They also gave me $2800 on a 2000 TL trade in which was $500 more than any other trade in offer I received.
    wow, $1750 rebates? how did that happen? Also, would you mind telling me which dealer you went with? I'm in Georgia too. Thanks!
  • It was Rick Case in Roswell. The rebates were competitive maker and using Hyundai finance.
  • Hi, I have a question about the customer choice alternate rebate ($1500) with the special apr that needs to go threw Hyundai financing. Why offer both when they offer the special apr alone that is even lower? Both have to go threw Hyundai so why not just offer a low rate that would come out about the same as a rebate with a higher apr? Thanks
  • akola1akola1 Posts: 1
    Went to the dealer and told i got quote from another dealer with 1500 below invoice price. After few back and forth they offered me elantra gls automatic with preferred pkg (wheel locks, carpeted, etc) for 16550 includes 1500 cash back from hyundai (1250) below invoice. so my total including taxes and everything came out to be 18050.
    great deal. which state you bought the car in?
  • Just bought a 2013 shimmering silver/black int. Elantra Coupe a/t with mud flaps, cargo tray, carpeted floor mats and first aid kit for $18706 before any taxes, title, ect. I went with a lower interest rate instead of the rebate/interest rate offered by Hyundai. I'm in New York State.
  • selectcarsselectcars Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    I want to thank you all Edmunds members who shared their purchase information since it helped me alot. Got the 2013 Elantra GLS automatic w/preferred package 2 weeks ago with all possible incentives + cash back for $16,000 OTD.
    At dealer today and sat in a sedan with a sticker of $22.4k before anything else added on. Comfortable vehicle especially with the power drivers seat. Not ready to pull the trigger yet but a very nice vehicle though a bit pricey.