Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Elantra Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Maybe look at a Elantra gls instead...still a nice car with a lot to offer and a lot less money.
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,679
    Due to pretty bad spinal issues, a power seat is going to be a must on my next vehicle. And the GLS doesn't have that option from what I've seen.

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• xian5681xian5681 Posts: 13
    Hey all,

Just got this quote and am wondering what you think. something doesn't check out with the numbers and i can't figure it out.

sell 20398
    doc fee 80
    lic 132
    tire fee 8.75
    tax 1638.24
    total price 22369.99
    rebate 400
    rebate 0% financing
    amt financed 21969.99
    pmt 366.17

looking to get this thing today.
    thanks in advance.
  • therockettherocket Posts: 11
    wow, this is the all time lowest price I saw on a gls w/ preferred package. can you elaborate more on what exact incentives and cash backs you got? and where did you purchase the car?
  • melusa1melusa1 Posts: 7
    I started by contacting Brandon Florida Hyundai this past Friday night on my way home from work, I was driving so I didn’t write down the “Internet Manager” name I spoke with at 1800 hours, he promised a callback with numbers on an Elantra base within 15-30 minutes, guess what no callback so I start on Saturday morning by contacting the GM Dan Norris who runs a TV ad saying if your experience was not good contact me on the store web site and tell me, “I will fix it.’ I sent the email and 3 minutes later I get a callback from Earl an Internet manager saying how sorry he was about how I was treated, what can he do to help me, I explain again what I am looking for my son, the Elantra base no bells & whistles. I explain I would see him between 1400-1500 hours that afternoon as we had other plans for the morning. Another 10 minutes later I get a call from “Anthony” who claims he is calling on Mr. Norris behalf and he wants to fix the error from Friday night, so I have to explain to him once again what I am looking for and I explain to him when I would be there, but I also explain to him I had already spoken with Earl but “Anthony” says he is calling directly because Mr. Norris asked to act on his behalf. I ask “Anthony” to get with Earl and sort out who is going to work with me and he says he will but it will be him because Mr. Norris specifically asked him to call me. I say that is good, I told “Anthony” where I needed to be on lease payment and purchase payment the first time we spoke and details of the car we were looking at for our son, “Anthony” says we can get there on either payment easy. I explain to “Anthony” that we are turning in my sons 2010 Mazda 6 lease with 5000 miles on it when we purchased 36000 miles on the lease, “Anthony” says we can use that as a trade in since the miles are so exceptionally low, they will pay us several thousand dollars above our lease turn in numbers for a exceptionally low mileage vehicle like that, guess what another LIE. Anthony” calls me back 12 times before I arrive at the dealership and lo and behold “Anthony” is not his real name, it is Amir and guess what he had never spoken to Earl who is whom we meet when we get to the showroom. “Amir” also LIED to me numerous times on the phone saying Mr. Norris was waiting for me to personally apologize to us, guess what another LIE Mr. Norris had been gone for over an hour for the day already. “ Amir” comes and tosses some keys at Earl and then sulks in the background like a baby who lost his favorite toy when we depart for the test drive with Earl, needless to say they never spoke about who was going to work with me as I had asked numerous times. I had asked both Earl and Amir on the phone who I had spoken to the previous evening and when I got there they claimed they couldn’t track the phone call, but somehow they had no problem making a combined 17 calls to me at the same number. Then please let me get to the numbers and how messed up they were, as previously stated I had given them both ballpark numbers we needed to be at, they both claim on the phone , “We won’t lose a Repeat Hyundai buyer deal on numbers”, guess what another LIE, they lost the deal on NUMBERS, HONESTY and STUPIDITY. Their lease numbers were over a $100 dollars a month above both Chevy & Mazda and their purchase numbers were over $50 a month above both as well. Mr. Norris FIX the people who represent you to the public, “Amir should be terminated immediately for all the LIES he told us starting with his name, tell me your real name not an American name you make up, Please”. Earl shouldn’t promise things on the phone he can’t deliver in person when you show up ready to do business
  • xian5681xian5681 Posts: 13
    update:

sell price went down to 19398.
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,679
    Punctuation is a beautiful thing. Your post is hard to read sir, in the future, use proper punctuation so it can be read easier. Sorry you had a bad experience but you ended up with an o k car at a great price so all ended well. I've found that purchasing a vehicle ain't much fun unless both sides communicate...in your case, the Hyundai store dropped the ball while being a bit dishonest so y'all did the right thing and left. Why reward bad service with a sale?

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• melusa1melusa1 Posts: 7
    I had done prior phone prep and email prep and Bottom Line Upfront they couldn't deliver what they promised in person.
  • soxthedogsoxthedog Posts: 2
    Hi, I'm looking at a Hyundai Elantra GLS (manual) in Illinois with a MSRP of 18145 and invoice of 17596.

Starting point from the dealer was:
    msrp: $18145
    sell $16832
    dest $795
    taxable price = $17627
    hyundai financing rebate -1500
    financed price (excluding TTT) $16127

In playing with some data on the web I'm thinking that this isn't really a great price and I was going to counter them with this:

msrp: $18145
    sell: $15700
    dest: $795
    taxable price = $16495
    rebate -1500
    financed price (exc TTT) $14995

Have we seen them go that far below invoice before? Do we know how much the holdback is on the car?

Thanks in advance!
  • selectcarsselectcars Posts: 2
    I took advantage of the following incentives/cashback, in NC:

Hyundai Financing = $750
    Competitor Vehicle = $750
    Recent Graduate = $400
    Motozuma Down Pyt Match = $500
  • sparklandsparkland Posts: 108
    We don't have competitor vehicle here in Colorado on the Elantra, but we do have it on the Sonata hybrid. We get $1500 for Hyundai financing. Good deal for you.
  • ltlladyltllady Posts: 27
    Just curious, what is an American name? Is there a list of these names?
    So close to a deal on the Elantra limited sedan with leather for $16,500 including my trade-in of $1000. Essentially this car is discounted $5500 with a MSRP of $22475, so not too shabby.
  • steven39steven39 Posts: 636
    were there any rebates involved to get this really low price???...I paid $18,100.00 last year for a 2013 elantra gls with the preffered package and a few other goodies.your deal smokes my deal...
  • soxthedogsoxthedog Posts: 2
    That could be a bad trade in price to make up for the steep discount on the elantra price.
    edited May 2013
    I think the deal was great. We traded in a 1997 Toyota Camry with 170,000 miles in fair condition and bought the silver Elantra Limited with black leather. The car has the normal "limited" equipment including moonroof and fancy wheels but no navigation.

The MSRP was actually $22,390 because there were a couple of small items included on the marone sticker. The price of the car before the trade-in stood at $17,006. These numbers included a $1500 financing rebate from Hyundai.

Details: MSRP $22,390
    Discount -3,884
    Rebate -1,500
    Sale Price 17,006

This price does not include dealer handling of $499 or tax and license fees. We were pleased with the deal since we got $5,384 off including the rebate. Then we got the $1,000 for our trade to make the final price $16,006.

We love Toyota's and Honda's but they both were in the $20,000 range for a comparable car with leather--Corolla and Civic. Hopefully the Elantra will perform to our expectations. :D :D
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,728
    Looks like you got a great deal, even with the $499 dealer "fee" which brings your effective price before trade and T&L to $17.5k. The KBB trade-in value in my area for a Camry LE 2.2L with no options and 170k miles in "good" condition is $1200, so looks like you got a good deal on your trade also if it was only in "fair" condition per KBB's yardstick.
  • danyc1danyc1 Posts: 11
    Was just quoted $0 upfront payment inclusive of all taxes (6.35% CT state tax) and fees and $286/month for 3 yr/36k miles for the Limited.

MSRP: 22,210
    Selling price: 20,700
    Net cap cost (incl taxes/fees): 21,700
    MF: 0.00153
    Residual Value: 63%

I received 3 other quotes, and after pushing back, this was still the best ($293 was next best with all fees/taxes capitalized).

Feel like its a fair deal, but any other thoughts/data points welcome before I pull the trigger. I was not eligible for any incentives.
  • ral2167ral2167 Posts: 642
    My only comment is that the current money factor on a camry is .00001, although I realize it's a totally different car. Although the 4 cylinders get about the same gas mileage in both. Plus I thionk there's some rebates with the camry. Any way, I suspect you could get a much more loaded camry for the same payment and out of pocket. My lease is up in a few months and i too am debating between the camry/accord size cars, and the compact elantra/mazda3/civic cars. Good luck with whatever you decide.
  • bhmr59bhmr59 Posts: 1,598
    If you're willing to drive a couple hours, check with Towne Hyundai in Denville, NJ. It's 100 miles from Trumbull, CT. Back in '07 we saved $5400 (from list price) buying from them. Pretty good for a 200 mile round trip.
  • phxdavephxdave Posts: 3
    Looks like a great price to me, ca. $500 better than I can get in Phoenix now.
    GLS Auto, Preferred, Homelink, mats..MSRP is : $20,050.00, sell $17000 but than add one package fees incl. $400 doc fee OTD $19,800
    Sale tax is around 9% here.

Would like to get it down $500.
  • therockettherocket Posts: 11
    got it on memorial day. GLS with preferred package. 18000 OTD with 3k down payment. I'm in Georgia.
  • litesong2litesong2 Posts: 24
    edited June 2013
    Year & a half ago, I had tried to find a manual at a deal, with no luck, & stopped looking. Out of the Blue, heard the Hyundai dealer had just moved a few miles & had a 'grand opening' with the normal auto dealer 'suck-in the sucker' ads. But I played a sucker & wandered in a day late, asking Ray if they had any low-ball ad GLS cars left. He said yes they did, expecting one with a color I hated, & no accessory packages. He led me to the red GLS, the only color I did love.

For $15,450, I had to accept the extra Preferred Package, carpeted floor mats, auto dimming mirror, mudflaps, auto tranny & a few other things. Never the one to hurry a purchase, I bought hurriedly & never looked back.
  • SrikzquestSrikzquest Posts: 10
    Thanks to all the forum members and for all the information...

I bought a new 2013 Elantra Gt including Style & Tech Package with the below pricing

OTR Price:

23,200 (Sale Price + 7% RI Sales Tax + whooping 599 Doc fees + TTL)
    + 125 (registration)
    + 830 (2.9% interest paid over 36 months)

I was tricked for 125 in the last min even when initially they said 23200 is OTR price and they told me while I was signing that OTD doesn't include registration. I didn't agree with that but bought it anyway thinking that might be still a good deal as I already went thrice to the dealership in one week and I don't want to keep on going...

Does that price look good (for future reference...)
  • At Hanlees Fremont Hyundai in California
    MSRP: 19,905
    "Cash Price" after discounts: 18,215
    Rebate for using Hyundai financing: 1,500

Final Price (before TTL):16,715
    OTD Price: 18,706

I didn't really negotiate. The "Internet Manager" just gave us this price. I chose exactly the colors and options I wanted, and they brought the car in from a different dealer. He said I could have gotten a better deal if I bought a car they had on their lot. I tried to get the Honda dealer across the street to give me the same price on a Civic with about the same MSRP and they said no way.
  • yatescoryyatescory Posts: 1
    To the previous poster...

That is so funny! I was quoted exactly 18706 too! I wonder if they keep everything in a universal database or something. I haggled quite a bit and got the GLS automatic transmission with preferred options package, also the $80 cargo tray, $50 cargo net, and $110 carpeted mats for that price. That price did include a 152,00 mile trade in and included tax, license, everything else OTD price. I flat out told them the car was overheating and was going to blow a head gasket soon. I knew that because I took it to a mechanic and had it checked out before deciding to sell it because I knew it was on its last leg. They definitely did me a favor giving me the trade in value that they did. I did not opt. for the 1500 cash back though so that wasn't factored into the price. I would rather have the 0% APR.

I put 3500 down so we only owe a little over 15, 200 and my payments are only $254 a month. Hope this helps someone get a good deal!
  • gub34gub34 Posts: 5
    edited July 2013
    Just picked up a 2013 Elantra GLS w/ the Preferred Package in California. Thank you to all who shared their prices and buying experience. It was very helpful in setting my expectations at the dealership.

Details of my purchase:
    2013 Elantra GLS w/ Preferred Package
    Add-ons: floor mats, cargo net, cargo tray, first aid kit, mud guards, rear bumper protector, wheel locks

MSRP (sticker price): 17,965 + 1,120 (for PP & add-ons) = $18,810

negotiated cash price: 17,690
    rebate: -2,000 (loyalty & financing rebates)

final price (before TTL): 15,690
    OTD price (after TTL): 17609

Am very happy with the car. Only wishes are a quieter cabin (more road noise than expected at high speeds) and an auto-up power window.

Happy shopping everyone!
  • optipopoptipop Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for your post. Looks like you got a great deal. I'm in California too and shopping for the same Elantra for my daughter. Do you mind telling me what dealer you purchased from?
  • steven39steven39 Posts: 636
    my aunt Gertrude wanted the information.she's interested in the same car.
  • gub34gub34 Posts: 5
    Sorry for the delay, didn't see your message till now.

WIN Hyundai Carson and Cerritos Hyundai both offered me the same deal, so I would recommend checking out both dealerships if you haven't already. I found the buying experience to be very straight-forward at both dealerships. They weren't afraid to show you the actual numbers.