Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Elantra Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• colloquorcolloquor Posts: 482
    I was recently quoted $15,113, plus tax, title, and license for an Elantra Touring automatic with floor mats, cargo tray, and mud guards, from Pugi Hyundai in Downers Grove, IL, near Chicago. I purchased my 2006 Elantra GLS sedan from them, and they're good people. The $15,113 price was an outright purchase price, including the $1,500 rebate.
  • bpizzutibpizzuti Posts: 2,743
    Apparently corporate has additional dealer incentives there. No way anyone up here will get a price like that.
  • colloquorcolloquor Posts: 482
    They sell for the lowest prices I've seen anywhere, not only Hyundai but Mazda and VW as well. I bought our 2006 Elantra GLS sedan automatic in December 2005 for just a tick above $13K, including tax, title, and license.
  • wassabiewassabie Posts: 1
    Hi, do you mind sharing your quote to me or where you purchased the car? I am also looking for the same car (elantra se) in the DFW area. if you do not want to share publicly, you can e-mail me at steven.k.cheng@gmail.com. Thanks!
  • kurto2021kurto2021 Posts: 5
    I am now a 2009 owner. I bought it at McCarthy Hyundai in Olathe, KS.

I traded in a 1995 Ford Windstar i bought for $400 a year ago. Cash for clunkers credit of 4,500

I paid $11,543 total (tax, destination, processing all included)

It is the SE model with Bluetooth, alloy wheels, brake assist, electronic stability control, but did not include the spoiler. I had them tint the windows and add a pin stripe and that was included in the 11,543.
    That's VERY interesting. No XM, but still, not bad at all.

Too bad it won't work with the Touring.
  • jackas11jackas11 Posts: 5
    I e-mailed you.
  • nairbsodnairbsod Posts: 8
    Just signed the deal last night on a 2009 Elantra Touring base automatic. OTD 15,750. subtract the cash for clunkers (4500) to that, and the price OTD was 11,250. This was from a MD dealer, but the car is registered in VA so tax was only 3%.

Here's the detailed breakdown:
    $14,371 car price
    +$695 Freight
    +$100 Documentation/Processing fee
    = $15,066
    +$84 State fees
    +$500 VA tax
    =$15,750 final price.
    -$4,500 cash for clunkers
    = $11,250

financing was 4.39% over 60 months.
  • long island ny. just bought a 2009 hyundai elantra gls auto 02/ab pop package plus mud guards and mats. was hard to haggle 16,700 - 2000- 4500 = 10,200 + taxes and fees = 11,892 got the 60 month loan at 4.39 total monthly = $222. or 51 per week
    brand new 8 miles on the o/d. cashed in a chevy van 1998 a/c not working neeeds compressor power window not working on passenger side nice dent on rear quarter panel bought van in 2001 for 10000 with 30,000 miles now has 125000 miles. I could have gotten a better price if my down payment was cash.Being involved in the cash for clunkers the dealer has to float the 4500 plus all the paper work involveds There were a lot of people in the dealership looking to cash in on this govt handout and i did not want to lose out on the 4500 so i was able to get the price a bit under invoice. 17,770 msrp 17,148 invoice neg to 16,700 i had to really haggle to get that price
    that was my high price was looking for 16000 but they were going to let me leave.
    i already have a 2003 elantra i bought from same dealer in 03. have had no problems with the car except the headlight bulbs. 135,000 miles and everything works well. Bought the car because of the rebate and cash for clunkers plan. and knowing the car is a great value. A bit of advice for those sitting on the fence cash for clunkers program is very popular and they only have about 250,000 vouchers for the whole country that comes to around 5,000 per state, When the money runs out, the program is over.
  • sri1sri1 Posts: 23
    Pl provide dealer information. I am really interested in buying the car. I am guessing it is touring AT.
    Hard to haggle, you ain't kidding. These guys don't MOVE up in NY state. Healey was fine with making an invoice deal (and actually admitted to the invoice price too) but wouldn't budge below that (I guess in NYC there's a little more wiggle room, probably more dealers around).

Is there a shortage of the PZEV setups or something?

Oh, cash for clunkers isn't for everyone, though I bet there's a ton of people buying 20 year old used cars for $500 to use on the deal. Or trying to anyway, since now all of a sudden they're worth $4500. :shades:

On the plus side, I just drove home in my 09 Touring AT. It was a demo (only way I could get one down to the price I wanted) but it feels great...not as much power as I'm used to having but I'll get used to it. Low end torque feels good, A/C works much better than in the old Mazda3 hatch, and the ride is a lot nicer. Got detoured onto a side road for a parade and got to take it through a couple of twisties...no, not as good as the Mazda3 but not TOO far off: handled them pretty well.

Prestige Hyundai in Kingston treated me very well...the Healey guys are OK, but Prestige looks like a much better operation and they take better care of you. Worth the extra drive: Healey is a little too much of an assembly-line typical car purchasing experience. And you can see visibly why they can afford to make invoice sales...most of their PCs are ancient and still have CRTs, and the "showroom" is smaller than some studio apartments. :shades:
  • ylykiotylykiot Posts: 1
    Did anyone see a Hyundai national ad on TV Friday, 7/24 for the Elantra with a $2,000 rebate and 0% financing? There is also an ad in my local newspaper that had $2,000 rebate and 0% financing for 72 mos or $1,500 bonus cash/0% financing for 60 mos. This must be in response to the Chrsyler matching to the Cash for Clunkers program. Has anyone seen this bonus cash/financing offer in addition to the $2,000 rebate?
  • bhmr59bhmr59 Posts: 1,598
    One of the requirements of the cahs for clunkers programs is that an individual must have had the car registered and insured in his name for at least 12 months.

You can't buy a junker today and flip it next week and be elligible for the cash for clunker program.
  • nairbsodnairbsod Posts: 8
    antwerpen was the dealer. I had three of them going at this price, but they were the most straight up with me - felt the others were jerking me around a bit (it was very hard to get info out of the other dealers). I will say that even though we had the price set when we arrived, the buying experience wasn't the best - still took 3 hours and wasn't the most professional. by comparison, our experience when buying our cr-v last december was much better. but in the end, the dealer made our price work, so we were happy.
    People are crooks until proven otherwise...you think no one's finding ways around that? :shades:
  • bhmr59bhmr59 Posts: 1,598
    I'd think it would be difficult, to say the least, to prove that one has had a car registered and insured in his name for the past year. The federal forms must require proof and misrepresentation could be a federal offense.
  • stephen987stephen987 Posts: 1,994
    Indeed--with a fine of $15k per occurence. Dealers won't be taking any chances by accepting any documentation other than what's listed in the NHTSA guidelines.
  • joegiantjoegiant Posts: 90
    Over the weekend, pulled the trigger on the new car purchase with the $4500 CARS program voucher makin' it a no-brainer. New '09 Hyundai Elantra SE automatic with mats & trunk mat (came with car, didn't necessarily want or need), $14000 + Taxes, Registration & Tags. After $4500 trade of my $50 truck, wrote a check for $10.7k and change. Not bad. And no, I didn't pull out the credit card and ask 'em to put the balance on it. Felt the dealer was very up front in their pricing and I was given a really good deal. Didn't want to push it further out of respect for the young fella on the other side of the table needing to feed his family as well. All JMHO of course. Quotes from other dealers backed up my opinion that these were indeed good numbers.

Really nice car for what we need. Again the two words that keep coming back to me on this thing - PRACTICAL & VALUE. Loaded car for the price point. Many safety features standard. Highly recommend. Btw, sales lot was full of customers on Saturday. Across the street at the high end competitor (Audi, BMW, Porsche etc.), no one. Hmmmm...Cash for Clunkers...a Hyundai windfall? I think so.

Joe
    PS Parked my ol' pick 'em up truck next to an '85 Trans Am. Pretty cool. Hard saying goodbye to the ol' girl. :cry:
  • bob225bob225 Posts: 46
    What was the MSRP on your car?