Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Elantra Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• It is difficult to know the best way to go on a vehicle like this that has been on the lot as long as it has, but my thinking is that the dealer should have been able to go with a better price. Remember you are dealing with a "stripped" model which would normally have less demand, and the fact they have had it this long means they may already be paying extra each month for it still being in stock. You obviously have looked around your area and know what would be the most reasonable way for you to go on this, or any other deal. I live in Florida, and our prices are different, so I guess I really shouldn't be trying to advise you except to say that I personally would have to think very hard before I would take that deal. I hope you are well pleased with whatever your decision ends up being. I love my 2006 Sonata LX, in everyway but the mileage. I am still on the low side, regardless of techniques, tricks, etc..
    Van
  • 2010 Elantra Touring, manual, no other options. OTD $15000. I live in northern virginia. How much lower can I possible get? Many thanks.
  • What do you guys think?

MSRP - 20935
    OTD (Including 7% tax and title) - 20071

No money out of pocket.
    No trade.
  • A reporter is looking to see if you were looking to purchase a Toyota or Honda vehicle but after doing some comparison shopping, purchase a Hyundai or Kia because of price/value . Please send your daytime phone number to ctalati@edmunds.com by Friday, October 9, 2009.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• So I just bought a 2009 Elantra GLS automatic with all the options minus sunroof. I want to here some opions on the deal I recieved. I paid 15,780 OTD (TTL). Do you think that was a good price for this car.
  • ke72spnke72spn Posts: 12
    We just today pruchased and got a great deal from a dealer on the South Side of Richmond, VA.

Sale Price $17000, $2000 rebate

We went in approved from Capital One at 4.42 and they were able to approve Chase Auto Finance at 3.79 w/gap insurance.

Anyone in Central Virginia considering an 09 Elantra should consider this dealer since they have 100 plus remaining.
  • Interested in the 09 Elantra. Located in the NYC Metro area. Does anyone know of a dealership that still have 09's? Richmond, VA is bit of a drive... :confuse:
  • aksebnaksebn Posts: 15
    Just purchased a 2009 hynudai elantra gls pzev with popular equipment package, mud guards, floor mats, cargo tray, and blue tooth for $13,399 + tax tiltle plates for a total of $14,505. msrp was $18,095. no trade. what do you guys think was this a good deal??
  • In Maryland I got a 2008 Hyundai Elantra Se Prz automatic , 33,000 miles for 13,800. They paid off my $800 Lease , put in a remote start and 4 year premium warranty. I'm pretty sure you can get a better price or some add ins for a manual at 14,900. I went a Koons ford that needed to meet a quota on cars sold so I'd look for a used dealership that isn't doin good business right now and and have them make you a good deal for an Elantra.

Mike
  • bought 2009 in June, Brad Benson, NJ for under slightly under $15,000 OTD (include all taxes & MV fees), included ac, cruise, power windows, mats, cargo net..)
  • Great price looks like !!!

Can you please give a break up of charges excluding taxes and reg fees (varies from state to state, I am in LA) and which show room and where details? so I can negotiate with dealers here?

Thanks
  • I got an offer for $13800 + taxes and Fees for GLS with power package and sun roof. I dont intend to pay any fees. What do you guys think about the price??
    2009 hyndai elantra gls pzev

the msrp was $15,120.00
    popular equipment package $1,750.00
    rear cargo tray $70.00
    mudguards $85.00
    carpeted floor mats $95.00
    blue tooth $325.00
    inland freight and handling $720

total price $18,095 befor negotiating ( no trade was involved

i paid $13,399 + tax,title and registration. total price out the door $14,505
  • This offer look very good.
    Did you buy it?

Are you sure that it is 2010 Elantra? I can understand that they can give 2009 at this price. I am surprised that they are giving 2010 elantra.

Can you give details of the dealer?
  • Looks like a great deal. Was a this Manual or automatic transmission?
    thanks
  • Sachin, was it for manual or automatic?
    thanks
    automatic. so far i am very happy with the car.
  • tommieztommiez Posts: 11
    Just for my own information - when you say you got a great deal on a new Elentra, did you buy a 2009 or a 2010? Thanks for the feedback.
    2009 they wouldnt deal much on the 2010 said there was not very little rebate money.
  • tommieztommiez Posts: 11
    Yes, I agree - that is a good deal even for a 2009. The only problem about the 2009's is that they're very scarce and difficult to find since the Clunker program and if you want a certain color and trim - it's almost impossible. Maybe Hyundai will extend the $2000 rebates to the 2010 in the spring when it becomes clear to them that in this economy you need incentives..