Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Elantra Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• antcocciaantcoccia Posts: 1
    gizmo,

In your region there is currently $1,500 in Rebates plus $1,000 Rebate if you finance with Hyundai Motor Financial. Plus there is $750 Dealer Cash. So...

$17,500
    - 2,500 Rebates
    - 750 Dlr Cash

$14,250 Bottom Line. Then there is probably another $700 between mark-up and holdback.

I would suggest if you can buy the car for $14,000 or better to take the deal. The dealership has to make a small profit, which is only fair.

Good luck and congrats!
  • jblahjblah Posts: 7
    I'm in the greater DC area and two dealers gave me some hard to believe out the door price. One gave me $13,500 another gave me $13,990 today. I'm going to go check them out and see if it is really too good to be true or if they are telling the truth. It feels like there is something fishy but both of them are reputable dealers.
  • joegiantjoegiant Posts: 90
    Two words: Alexandria Hyundai. Nuff said.
    are they good or bad?
  • CarCash buys new and used cars, they also provide free online quotes to find out the value of your car.

The service is free and can be done online using live chat, instant quote or on the phone, The CarCash agents are allays happy to speak with customers about there cars.

They will offer you a price for the car and if you are happy you can even sell your car to them on the spot for cash.

The URL is www.carcash.com
    Well I just got back from the dealer with my new Elantra. they honored their quote of 13,500 OTD price with 3.9% for 60 month. They only gave me a problem with my trade in. I looked at the other dealers they were selling for around 14000 OTD so I figured I had about 500 to work with on the trade in. They gave me 200 below "fair" price from bluebook but I guess overall I had 300 plus in price to begin with. Thoughts?
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,682
    What equipment does this Elantra have?
    just the standard stuff. pwr door/windows/ipod connection/security. it was the GLS model.
  • kingdomsakingdomsa Posts: 14
    $13500 including TTL sounds like a great deal. To help me with the base car cost, what was the price before TTL? And what dealer was this at? I'm interested.
  • neil1115neil1115 Posts: 1
    Hi, I am looking to by this car this week and so far the best deal I have found is 14,900 out the door for a GLS with automatic trans. Is this a good deal or can I do better?
  • lightfootfllightfootfl Posts: 442
    Personally, I think you can beat this one.

van
  • alamocityalamocity Posts: 680
    Just bought a 2008 Elantra GLS (automatic) with standard options for $11,969 plus TT&L (mileage 12,393). Not a great deal but local Hyundai dealers don't really bargain much on price.
    edited July 2010
    this was at alexandria hyundai in virginia I'm not sure what the base car cost was. initially they sent me a base cost of 12.8k but then the part-owner of the dealership send me a quick follow up e-mail saying the OTD cost is 13,500 for automatic GLS including everything since i had asked for the OTD price. the finance people set up the price to match. i can try to find it when i go home after this afternoon if you are still interested.
  • thisis1thisis1 Posts: 5
    2010 Elantra 2010 SE
    Carpeted floor mats, no other additional options.

MSRP: $18,660

Price:
    - $14,009
    - administrative fee $399
    - tags: $69
    - 3% tax

OTD price: $14,936
    (includes the $1500 cashback and $1000 bonus for financing)

Is this a good deal?
    Thanks for your feedback.
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,682
    IMO $14k for an SE before tax and fees is a real good deal. Automatic, yes?
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,626
    The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• thisis1thisis1 Posts: 5
    Bought the car today.

Final details: 2010 Elantra SE, automatic, floor mats and no other added options
    MSRP: $18660
    Invoice: $18059

-$1500 cashback
    -$1000 bonus cash for financing through Hyundai
    -$400 college grad
    -$XXXX dealer told me he passed on to me the dealer cash and invoice reserve and is taking a little loss (I don't completely believe that)

Price = $13609
    + $399 administrative fee + 3% tax + $69 tag

OTD = $14572

happy with the car. I think the price is good too.
    I used Overstock to get 3 price bids, then negotiated down from there.

thanks for everyone who contributed to his forum. very helpful information indeed.
  • joegiantjoegiant Posts: 90
    I think that is a great deal. Congrats!
  • betsy1230betsy1230 Posts: 5
    Just bought this car today:

2010 Elantra GLS PZEV automatic w/ MSRP $17489
    Dealership is installing an aftermarket sunroof for $900
    OTD price was $14,199

Really love this car!!
  • Hey, a couple of things. How did you get both $1,500 cash back + the additional offer of 3.9 and $1,000 cash back--thought they couldn't be combined?

Also, what is the 'overstock' website you visited? I would like to employ your strategy because the dealer I'm currently working with is way too high and didn't even mention the incentives until I asked. According to him the 'invoice' for a new 2010 Elantra SE w/ sunroof (this is before any tax or rebates) is $19,100.

Forgive me but I'm new with buying, so any info is greatly appreciated. I plan to take advantage of the $1,500 cash back and then finance on my own at 4.9 % (unless I can combine the $1500 cb with the 3.9% + 1,000 cb offer).

I would like to get a GLS or SE out the door for around 15 or so like many of you. Does the dealership normally give you a better deal if you buy 'out the door' or if you finance through them? Again, any advice for a newbie buyer would be greatly appreciated.