Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Elantra Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I am in St. Louis, MO. I have a quote from a dealer for $17,393 - after I asked about any other fees they said there would also be a $199 dealer fee. This is for a 2012 GLS, MSRP of $18,720. I told the dealer price was my priority and I would take the least equipped car they had in stock, and this was the price I got. It seems like a good price to me, but does anyone disagree?
    Thanks.
  • steven39steven39 Posts: 636
    sounds like you got a pretty good deal.you got off easy with the dealer fee.when i recently purchased my 2013 elantra a few weeks ago the dealer fee was 899.00 which i negotiated down to 399.00 and got them to thrown in window tints and oil changes.the dealer fee although they won't admit to it is just pure additional dealer profit..much like staying at a hotel and being charged a resort fee.
  • zllttzlltt Posts: 2
    how much price difference is fair? what do you think

and btw i found this on safecar.gov about the safety issue on early 2012 model,maybe useful to you.

"
    Note: Star ratings are valid for models produced before or on June 22, 2011 if manufactured at the Hyundai Alabama plant (before VIN# 5NPDH4AE0CH084176), or July 19, 2011 if manufactured at the Hyundai Ulsan plant in South Korea (before VIN# KMHDH4AEXCU255243).
    "
    i recently purchased a 2013 elantra gls with preffered package a few weeks ago.i traded-in a 2012 elantra gls base model.while looking at the elantra's on the lot i noticed there wasn't a big difference in price.example...2012 elantra gls with the preffered package had a msrp of $19,265.00 while the 2013 elantra gls with preffered package that i purchased had a msrp of $19,685.00.so it's really not that much more to get a 2013 and make your friends and family envious.by the way,the elantra i traded-in was built at the ulsan plant while the 2013 elantra i purchased was built at the alabama plant and the quality is much better from the alabama plant.
  • Hello Jakestorm
    I'm also looking for a great deal on a 2013 GLS Elantra. Which dealer in LA did your daughter purchase her elantra? I'm also in LA and I would love to deal with the same dealership.

maybe jake can get a commission out of this for recomending another customer.lol
  • lovethelancerlovethelancer Posts: 66
    edited June 2012
    Wow. That is insane. We ended up getting ours for $23,500. We got 3.29% through Capital One Auto Finance...The dealer offered us that through Capital One so we just decided to take it. They wouldn't let us do the College discount even trying through Hyundai. I think he just didn't want to go lower than $23,500

EDIT: Our was a 2013, but still...geesh. Sounds like you got a pretty good deal.
  • hx_guyhx_guy Posts: 31
    Been working over the past day via email/phone with some local dealers on a 2013 Elantra GLS Auto with Preffered Pkg (plus other small misc. items) and I have a verbal sale price of $18,124 for a $19,605 MSRP car. This is the best I've gotten, other two offers have been $18,350 and $18,824. Doc fee of $398 and then plus tax, title and tags.

Go forward with it?
    yes,it's a good deal..me and another forum member named jake just recently purchased the same car you have.2013 elantra with the preffered package.i live in south florida and jake is in los angeles.he paid $18,150.00 plus TTT for his and i paid $18,163.00 here in florida plus TTT for mine.so your price is within what we paid which seems to be pretty much what others are paying on this forum.
  • gman4911gman4911 Posts: 43
    edited June 2012
    That's pretty close to what I paid for my 2012 three months ago. Mine included the iPod cable, mud guards, cargo net, cargo tray, rear bumper protector, and floor mats.
    my 2013 elantra with the preffered package included all these things you just mentioned.msrp was $19685.00.my final price was $18,163.00 plus TTT..iv'e heard from others saying that this is what they paid for their 2012 elantra so i feel i got a good deal.
    Well the dealer tried to pull the good ol' shady tricks that they are known for. The $18,125 price was with a $500 military rebate...which they never asked about and we don't qualify for. They want $18,625 now.

The lowest I've been able to get a quote for is $18,325 + tax/TTL/doc for an out the door price of $20,695. Another dealer gave me $18,350 + tax/TTL/doc...neither seems to want to budge any lower.
    well,this is the price you are paying for a car that is very popular and in demand.stick by your guns and your bound to find a dealer that will sell at the price you want...
    I've pretty much talked to all the local dealers, seems like this is the best they are willing to go as they don't seem to be in any hurry to call me back and go any lower. Guess $18,325 is going to have to be it.
    i guess your right.the $18,325.00 isn't that far off from what most others have paid which is around $18,150.00 on average so i would go for it at that price.just make sure it's a 2013 model and not a 2012...
  • Yup, I think he should work out some type of commission deal with the Hyundai Dealers... heehee. I'll be really happy if I'm able to get a similar arrangement once he notifies me of which dealer he dealt with here in L.A. I've seen sticker prices as high as $20k for a GLS model in my neighboring dealerships but I'm not willing to go that high.
  • dkahanedkahane Posts: 4
    Just bought a 2013 Elantra GLS with auto transmission for $17,850 + taxes & title. I did NOT get the Preferred Package, but the price included carpeted floor mats, cargo net, cargo tray, iPod cable, mud guards, rear bumper protector,...and lifetime oil changes.

Good deal? (I'm in Northern Virginia.)
    well,just for comparison,i myself recently purchased a 2013 elantra gls with the prefered package down here in south florida for $18,163.00 plus TTT...so for only 300 bucks more you could have gotten the preffered package.it's worth it to have the extra features that come with the prefered package not only as useful features but it also adds value to the car.
  • Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,676
    A reporter is interested in talking to any car shoppers who are thinking about buying any one of the following small cars: Chevy Cruze, Ford Focus, Hyundai Elantra, Honda Civic or Dodge Dart. Please send a brief description of your shopping experience and your preferred contact information to PR@edmunds.com by Monday, June 18th

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• dkahanedkahane Posts: 4
    Different strokes for different folks. For me, there are better things to spend the $300 on. There is nothing in the Preferred Package that makes it worth the money to me: I don't use my cell phone while driving, so Bluetooth has no appeal. Ditto the wheel-mounted audio controls, as my in-car audio use is confined to jumping among a few FM radio stations. Lighted ignition vanity mirrors? Meh. Finally, I'm 73 years old and expect the Hyundai to outlast me, so the resale issue is probably moot ;) .